HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

JT trying to play a role in Labor Agreement

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2012, 10:09 PM
  #26
JKP
Registered User
 
JKP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle View Post
I know I am in the minority on these boards in that I actually like Soccer.
Watching soccer is like watching the Devils play the trap in the late 90s...

JKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:34 PM
  #27
leaponover
Registered User
 
leaponover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iskan, S. Korea
Country: South Korea
Posts: 2,564
vCash: 500
Nascar is fake.

I like football too but I don't consider it as much of a spectator sport as I do a really fun game to play. Almost as much fun as hockey. For watching, nothing beats Ice Hockey in my book.

leaponover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:39 AM
  #28
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!
 
IceAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,011
vCash: 300
Not sure how the hell a thread about JT and collective bargaining turned into a discussion on Nascar ratings but....


We really are very lucky to have JT as part of our organization. I'm not sure a lot of people grasp this.

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:47 AM
  #29
Noreaster96
Registered User
 
Noreaster96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,317
vCash: 500
I was talking to my brother in law yesterday and he said Tavares would only be a good 2nd line center on a few teams. He is a ranger fan yea, but talk about delusional

Noreaster96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:05 AM
  #30
Brunomics
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Medford
Country: United States
Posts: 5,296
vCash: 500
While I love Tavares from a pure Labor workings standpoint I have to wonder what a 21 year old kid with barely a high school education is doing helping negotiate a labor agreement. Seems a little off the mark if you ask me.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:50 AM
  #31
Fantom
Registered User
 
Fantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreaster96 View Post
I was talking to my brother in law yesterday and he said Tavares would only be a good 2nd line center on a few teams. He is a ranger fan yea, but talk about delusional
does he mean that on some teams he would be a good second line center. then a first line guy on others ?
there are a few teams out there IMO that he would be there second line center.

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:50 AM
  #32
Fantom
Registered User
 
Fantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
While I love Tavares from a pure Labor workings standpoint I have to wonder what a 21 year old kid with barely a high school education is doing helping negotiate a labor agreement. Seems a little off the mark if you ask me.
I am with you here. It seems odd to me. Ill give him some credit i guess for at least wanting to be involved.

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:04 AM
  #33
TheZec
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
While I love Tavares from a pure Labor workings standpoint I have to wonder what a 21 year old kid with barely a high school education is doing helping negotiate a labor agreement. Seems a little off the mark if you ask me.
Maybe they wanted the presence of some stars and big names in the committee too, and Tavares and Weber (I don't remember now who other was there) were the only stars willing to spend part of their summer working instead of golfing, dunno.

Anyway I like his commitment!

TheZec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:22 AM
  #34
Fantom
Registered User
 
Fantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZec View Post
Maybe they wanted the presence of some stars and big names in the committee too, and Tavares and Weber (I don't remember now who other was there) were the only stars willing to spend part of their summer working instead of golfing, dunno.

Anyway I like his commitment!
I am confused by your post.
Are you saying that the NHLPA was trying to add better players to the Committee ?
I would think that the guys in the trenches of the game would actually be better choices. Stars will get there payday were the little guy will be the one with the issue. I mean most Unions are a bunch of little guys. Most Managers would be non Union ETC.

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:52 AM
  #35
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,450
vCash: 500
Tavares being a part of the committee is not so he can be Superman and save the day. His intention is to be current on the information so he can be someone the rest of his teammates or other players can go to if they have any questions or want an update as to how things are going. Essentially, he's just making himself available to be a resource/messenger. He's not going to be sitting there and actually negotiating the terms of any new deal.

That's my take on his being included in the committee.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:47 AM
  #36
macleod50
Registered User
 
macleod50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Tavares being a part of the committee is not so he can be Superman and save the day. His intention is to be current on the information so he can be someone the rest of his teammates or other players can go to if they have any questions or want an update as to how things are going. Essentially, he's just making himself available to be a resource/messenger. He's not going to be sitting there and actually negotiating the terms of any new deal.

That's my take on his being included in the committee.
That's exactly what player reps do.

Tavares isn't negotiating agreements or putting clauses in contracts. That's what the labor reps and lawyers are for.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:02 PM
  #37
scott99
Registered User
 
scott99's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreaster96 View Post
I was talking to my brother in law yesterday and he said Tavares would only be a good 2nd line center on a few teams. He is a ranger fan yea, but talk about delusional
Well there are a few teams with better centers than Tavares. I'm thinking he'd be a 2nd line center to Malkin, Sedin, Stamkos, Spezza, and that's about it. And I would only say Spezza is better because of him being around longer and proving himself for a longer time.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.