HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

JT trying to play a role in Labor Agreement

Old
06-27-2012, 10:09 PM
JKP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle View Post
I know I am in the minority on these boards in that I actually like Soccer.
Watching soccer is like watching the Devils play the trap in the late 90s...

JKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2012, 11:34 PM
leaponover

Nascar is fake.

I like football too but I don't consider it as much of a spectator sport as I do a really fun game to play. Almost as much fun as hockey. For watching, nothing beats Ice Hockey in my book.

leaponover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:39 AM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 300
Not sure how the hell a thread about JT and collective bargaining turned into a discussion on Nascar ratings but....

We really are very lucky to have JT as part of our organization. I'm not sure a lot of people grasp this.

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 08:47 AM
Noreaster96

I was talking to my brother in law yesterday and he said Tavares would only be a good 2nd line center on a few teams. He is a ranger fan yea, but talk about delusional

Noreaster96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:05 AM
Brunomics

While I love Tavares from a pure Labor workings standpoint I have to wonder what a 21 year old kid with barely a high school education is doing helping negotiate a labor agreement. Seems a little off the mark if you ask me.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:50 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreaster96 View Post
I was talking to my brother in law yesterday and he said Tavares would only be a good 2nd line center on a few teams. He is a ranger fan yea, but talk about delusional
does he mean that on some teams he would be a good second line center. then a first line guy on others ?
there are a few teams out there IMO that he would be there second line center.

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 09:50 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
While I love Tavares from a pure Labor workings standpoint I have to wonder what a 21 year old kid with barely a high school education is doing helping negotiate a labor agreement. Seems a little off the mark if you ask me.
I am with you here. It seems odd to me. Ill give him some credit i guess for at least wanting to be involved.

Old
06-28-2012, 10:04 AM
TheZec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
Maybe they wanted the presence of some stars and big names in the committee too, and Tavares and Weber (I don't remember now who other was there) were the only stars willing to spend part of their summer working instead of golfing, dunno.

Anyway I like his commitment!

TheZec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 10:22 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZec View Post
Maybe they wanted the presence of some stars and big names in the committee too, and Tavares and Weber (I don't remember now who other was there) were the only stars willing to spend part of their summer working instead of golfing, dunno.

Anyway I like his commitment!
I am confused by your post.
Are you saying that the NHLPA was trying to add better players to the Committee ?
I would think that the guys in the trenches of the game would actually be better choices. Stars will get there payday were the little guy will be the one with the issue. I mean most Unions are a bunch of little guys. Most Managers would be non Union ETC.

Old
06-28-2012, 10:52 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Tavares being a part of the committee is not so he can be Superman and save the day. His intention is to be current on the information so he can be someone the rest of his teammates or other players can go to if they have any questions or want an update as to how things are going. Essentially, he's just making himself available to be a resource/messenger. He's not going to be sitting there and actually negotiating the terms of any new deal.

That's my take on his being included in the committee.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 11:47 AM
macleod50

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Tavares being a part of the committee is not so he can be Superman and save the day. His intention is to be current on the information so he can be someone the rest of his teammates or other players can go to if they have any questions or want an update as to how things are going. Essentially, he's just making himself available to be a resource/messenger. He's not going to be sitting there and actually negotiating the terms of any new deal.

That's my take on his being included in the committee.
That's exactly what player reps do.

Tavares isn't negotiating agreements or putting clauses in contracts. That's what the labor reps and lawyers are for.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:02 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreaster96 View Post
Well there are a few teams with better centers than Tavares. I'm thinking he'd be a 2nd line center to Malkin, Sedin, Stamkos, Spezza, and that's about it. And I would only say Spezza is better because of him being around longer and proving himself for a longer time.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote