HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you sign Jokinen if it allowed the Sabres to trade for Ryan?

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 08:33 PM
ttcminaker

vCash: 500
Would you sign Jokinen if it allowed the Sabres to trade for Ryan?

I would say yes. Big bodied centre that can produce some points and would be a stop gap until Grigs and Girgs are ready.

I think that any deal for Bobby Ryan is going to have to include Ennis at this point.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Sure. Bobby Ryan is a big move, and if dealing with Jokinen is the price, I pay it. Of course, it depends on the trade pieces going west...

Old
07-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Sabreality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttcminaker View Post
I would say yes. Big bodied centre that can produce some points and would be a stop gap until Grigs and Girgs are ready.

I think that any deal for Bobby Ryan is going to have to include Ennis at this point.
i'm still unsure if I'd like to trade the assets required to get Ryan. Instead of Ryan & Jokinen, what about signing Semin & trading for a stop-gap 2013 UFA C like Antropov or Zubrus for peanuts (while keeping Ennis/Sekera & Co.)

Old
Selanne00008

No. Because you are assuming Ennis must be involved in a trade for Ryan which IMO is not true. And if it is true then the Ryan deal is squashed. Ennis isn't going anywhere.

I'd rather trade Adam, McNabb, and Armia/1st for Ryan.

Old
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

I guess so, but I wouldn't feel good about it.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:41 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
i'm still unsure if I'd like to trade the assets required to get Ryan. Instead of Ryan & Jokinen, what about signing Semin & trading for a stop-gap 2013 UFA C like Antropov or Zubrus for peanuts (while keeping Ennis/Sekera & Co.)
Ryan is younger, cheaper, with similar production, and is more physical.

I like both players, but there is a clear advantage to Ryan, which makes having to give up assets worthwhile.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Apparently, those people willing to embrace the suggestion of Jokinen are the same ones who bought Chris Gratton and Taylor Pyatt jerseys.

Quote:
Well, if Regier says the team needs to get bigger and tougher to play against, how does holding onto Ennis at the expense of adding Ryan fit that criteria?

Old
07-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne00008 View Post
No. Because you are assuming Ennis must be involved in a trade for Ryan which IMO is not true. And if it is true then the Ryan deal is squashed. Ennis isn't going anywhere.

I'd hate to give up Foligno but for Ryan, it'd be worth it. If Adam+Foligno+1st rounder will win the derby, Regier should do it.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:01 PM
mechaphil

Send a message via AIM to mechaphil
Only if it's a one or two year deal. Grigorenko could be NHL ready at any moment, and we don't want Jokinen getting showered with Pegulabucks delaying our new Russian's debut.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:02 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

I think Foligno is gonna be something special. Like Callahan levels of team importance. I don't part with him for anything but truly elite talent. I like Ryan, but he isn't that.

It's irrational, I know.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:09 PM
mechaphil

Send a message via AIM to mechaphil
Nick Kypreos reporting Jokinen and Jets closing in on multi-year deal.

https://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/219960603966570496

EDIT: And Darren Dreger has the term and numbers

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...61423827185666

Old
07-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Mellifleur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne00008 View Post

Holy crap what's with all the Bobby Ryan love ? I really like the idea of getting Ryan (assuming he has no baggage) but man I just don't want to give up McNabb. He is at the very least going to be a very hard hitting defensive defense-man that will keep opposing forwards honest and if he meets his potential he will have some serious upside and will be far more valuable than a Bobby Ryan will be. And for all we know if we give Adam some time to develop on the wing he could end up being pretty similar to Ryan, maybe not quite as physical but he could end up being a big scoring winger that has a nose for the net. And we want to add in Armia or a 1rst (presumably from the 2013 draft ?). Eeesh...

Old
07-02-2012, 09:13 PM
Selanne00008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
I'd hate to give up Foligno but for Ryan, it'd be worth it. If Adam+Foligno+1st rounder will win the derby, Regier should do it.
Would you rather flip Foligno with Armia? I think I would.

Old
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Jokinen 2 yr deal to WPG 9m

Done Deal

Old
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechaphil View Post
Nick Kypreos reporting Jokinen and Jets closing in on multi-year deal.

https://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/219960603966570496

EDIT: And Darren Dreger has the term and numbers

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...61423827185666
Well, it was fun while it lasted.

Old
07-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowOni View Post
Holy crap what's with all the Bobby Ryan love ? I really like the idea of getting Ryan (assuming he has no baggage) but man I just don't want to give up McNabb. He is at the very least going to be a very hard hitting defensive defense-man that will keep opposing forwards honest and if he meets his potential he will have some serious upside and will be far more valuable than a Bobby Ryan will be. And for all we know if we give Adam some time to develop on the wing he could end up being pretty similar to Ryan, maybe not quite as physical but he could end up being a big scoring winger that has a nose for the net. And we want to add in Armia or a 1rst (presumably from the 2013 draft ?). Eeesh...
What do you propose would be a fair return for Anaheim for Ryan?

Old
07-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Selanne00008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowOni View Post
Well, I honeslty don't know where Adam fits in, especially with Grigs and co. just drafted. He had a solid first step into the NHL this year and could be at a "sell high" point in a sense. You have to give to get, and other centers ANA is apparently asking for are simply not available (Ennis).

I do agree McNabb would hurt most in the trade. But, we are trying to win now. DO we have years to let these guys possibly develop and work out?

Old
07-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
I think Foligno is gonna be something special. Like Callahan levels of team importance. I don't part with him for anything but truly elite talent. I like Ryan, but he isn't that.

It's irrational, I know.
Not irrational. Foligno has that sort of do-anything-for-his teammates attitude, the size, physicality.... he just got here they need him going forward. As for Jokinen... no thanks. If he's going to the Jets, fine. Just not here.

07-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Ding dong, Joki's gone!

Old
07-02-2012, 09:27 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Not irrational. Foligno has that sort of do-anything-for-his teammates attitude, the size, physicality.... he just got here they need him going forward. As for Jokinen... no thanks. If he's going to the Jets, fine. Just not here.
Word. I still can't get the Komisarek play out of my head. Komi had been having a decent game up until that point, too and nobody had really stepped up to his **** after the whistle and around the net. And then Foligno just took him out of the play on the GTG. And in the faceoff circle, Marcus called. His. Shot. Against a grizzled vet whose game at this point is reduced to trading barbs with the new kids. After setting the tone early by knocking Gunnarsson out for the year...

Old
07-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Zip15

/thread

Old
07-02-2012, 09:40 PM
joshjull

moot at this point

Last edited by joshjull: 07-02-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Closed Thread