HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Offseason Thread Part XI: Stempniak and Ponikarovsky, LOL Offseason Edition

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2012, 10:27 AM
Killem Dafoe
Look at this graph.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
That offer would get Ryan imo
I agree. I would sleep better at night having traded Stepan for Ryan than for Nash. We would most likely be able to keep MDZ as well.

Old
06-30-2012, 10:29 AM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
i'm going to take a nap, this better be over when I wake up

EDIT I took a nap , cut the grass, started the laundry and had a shower and its still not over

Last edited by Vitto79: 06-30-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old
06-30-2012, 10:37 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I'd rather have Enver Lisn or Alex Frolov on the 1st line than give up the assets to acquire Rick Nash. Seriously, I will have a hard time stomaching him on the team.
I could be wrong for sure, but normally I am pretty critical/skeptical and the only time really I like someone more than others its when it comes to some reclamation projects/very cheap deadline pickups like Zidlicky or Hemsky.

But I personally definitely think that Rich Nash is the real deal and that he must blow, if not all, atleast many, nay-sayers away if he comes here.

He is just so talented. 6'4. Strong on the puck. He isn't overly punishing, but he is definitely a "PF".

Like 19 of 20 times when we talk about players, its in reality players that are to a extent a result of the environment they have been in. Like Brad Richards. Sure, he really gets the work done, but in reality he just aint that talented (but able to be great if put in a good environment still). But with Nash you get so much every shift, even if its enough to get him on the board he is still able to carry a team, get the puck up ice, challenge D's, force the team he plays against to always make sure that they have their best D's on the ice against him and so forth.

But Rich Nash undoubtedly is a super talented player. Overall. In all aspects. Skating. Stickhandling. Shooting. Size. Hockey sense.

I personally think that a mix of a few irrelevant factors really has turned many fans into being negative on this player. Like Carmelo Anthorny (!??) (no comparisions can be done between the player and the sport really). Redden/Gomez/Drury (these guys were not talented. Rich Nash is a mega talent). Stats. The same people crapped on Kovalchuk when he couldn't score last season for NJ. Ouuchh imagine being stuck with him for x years. For long stretches, he has been the only one looking good for them...

Nash would really give this team a chance to win a cup. Trust me.

Last edited by Ola: 06-30-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old
06-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

What about Colby Armstrong for real cheap to play 4th line?

Old
06-30-2012, 10:50 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
For both the Rangers and Flyers are involved in discussions regarding both Columbus’ Rick Nash and Anaheim’s Bobby Ryan.

The Rangers, who are believed to have quarantined Chris Kreider, Ryan McDonagh, Marc Staal and Derek Stepan (in addition to Ryan Callahan, Dan Girardi and Henrik Lundqvist) probably don’t have enough young NHL-ready talent available in order to get Ryan, the 25-year-old with three years remaining on his contract at an annual $5.1 million cap charge.

Anaheim is not believed to have interest in Brandon Dubinsky ($4.2M cap hit), who would be one of the pieces going the other way in a hypothetical deal for Nash that won’t occur unless Columbus general manager Scott Howson slashes his asking price for the 28-year-old with six years at $7.8M per season remaining on his contract.

Including Stepan in an offer for Ryan would pique the interest of Anaheim GM Bob Murray, who is seeking a second-line center behind Ryan Getzlaf. But moving Stepan would leave the Rangers with either Dubinsky or Artem Anisimov as the putative second-line pivot on the summer roster.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1zI4QyV00

Columbus wants a forward to be THE main piece coming back in a deal for Nash. They want multiple forwards. 2 top 6 forwards.

Old
06-30-2012, 10:52 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

What happened to Portzline's tweet? No follow up.

Old
06-30-2012, 10:52 AM
OverTheCap

So now those "Staal for Ryan" proposals can stop. Or pretty much any scenario that has Staal being traded.

Old
06-30-2012, 10:53 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
i wouldnt mind him at all....

Old
06-30-2012, 11:15 AM
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I could be wrong for sure, but normally I am pretty critical/skeptical and the only time really I like someone more than others its when it comes to some reclamation projects/very cheap deadline pickups like Zidlicky or Hemsky.

But I personally definitely think that Rich Nash is the real deal and that he must blow, if not all, atleast many, nay-sayers away if he comes here.

He is just so talented. 6'4. Strong on the puck. He isn't overly punishing, but he is definitely a "PF".

Like 19 of 20 times when we talk about players, its in reality players that are to a extent a result of the environment they have been in. Like Brad Richards. Sure, he really gets the work done, but in reality he just aint that talented (but able to be great if put in a good environment still). But with Nash you get so much every shift, even if its enough to get him on the board he is still able to carry a team, get the puck up ice, challenge D's, force the team he plays against to always make sure that they have their best D's on the ice against him and so forth.

But Rich Nash undoubtedly is a super talented player. Overall. In all aspects. Skating. Stickhandling. Shooting. Size. Hockey sense.

I personally think that a mix of a few irrelevant factors really has turned many fans into being negative on this player. Like Carmelo Anthorny (!??) (no comparisions can be done between the player and the sport really). Redden/Gomez/Drury (these guys were not talented. Rich Nash is a mega talent). Stats. The same people crapped on Kovalchuk when he couldn't score last season for NJ. Ouuchh imagine being stuck with him for x years. For long stretches, he has been the only one looking good for them...

Nash would really give this team a chance to win a cup. Trust me.
You have been consistent in your support of Nash but have you seen a lot of him recently? I haven't watched Columbus play more than a few times over the last two years but I've come away thinking Nash is not the same player he was a few seasons ago. I think he's still an interesting option as long as the price in terms of trade pieces is cheap.

My first choice is to go after Parise. Ryan would cost more than Nash in terms of a trade but the cap hit is very attractive. And I'm still thinking Hudler should be in the mix. Looks like he's not signing with Detroit before free agency opens. The guy has put up a lot of his numbers at even strength and I think he's legit.

Old
06-30-2012, 11:20 AM
Leetch3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Erixon's Lunchbox View Post
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Leafs aren't up to anything other than clearing space and cap room. Toronto wasn't certain Colby could rebound from all his injuries.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

that was my concern...he scored 22 a few years ago so adding that potential offensive depth to the 4th line would be great but i'm not sure how much of a concern his injuries should be.

Old
06-30-2012, 11:21 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Don't rule out that the teams that don't get Zach Parise, actually re-think a trade for Rick Nash. There's more and more talk about #61.
https://twitter.com/JSportsnet/statu...03031516598274

What's the price?

Old
06-30-2012, 11:35 AM
Leetch66

Colby Armstrong is the dirtiest player in the NHL...makes Subban look like a Lady Byng candidate...but he certainly has spirit and he is also very injury prone . I would definitely hate playing against Armstrong .

Old
06-30-2012, 11:39 AM
Leetch3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
Colby Armstrong is the dirtiest player in the NHL...makes Subban look like a Lady Byng candidate...but he certainly has spirit and he is also very injury prone . I would definitely hate playing against Armstrong .
what are some examples that make him the 'dirtiest player in the nhl'?? i can't say you are wrong but i'm not remembering any incidents either and his pim aren't that high

Old
06-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM PUNK View Post
what are some examples that make him the 'dirtiest player in the nhl'?? i can't say you are wrong but i'm not remembering any incidents either and his pim aren't that high

id love him on the Rangers if he can replace some spunk that Prust brought and would be cheaper

Old
06-30-2012, 11:49 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Him injuring Gaborik magically makes him a dirty player? Please. That wasn't dirty at all, not even a hit. He pinned him against the boards hard. Gaborik is weak.

Old
06-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
Him injuring Gaborik magically makes him a dirty player? Please. That wasn't dirty at all, not even a hit. He pinned him against the boards hard. Gaborik is weak.
that was a joke....i posted the Gaborik video mainly because that wasnt that dirty of a hit. he isnt Cooke but he plays on the edge. he would be a fan favorite on NYR

Old
06-30-2012, 11:52 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Expect Ryan Smyth and the Edmonton ‪#Oilers‬ to conclude negotiations today. They're trying to wrap up a deal prior to July 1.
https://twitter.com/SportsnetSpec/st...10109064859650

Old
06-30-2012, 11:54 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
There was a headshot to an Ottawa Senator D-man when he was with Pittsburgh.

Old
06-30-2012, 11:54 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Colby Armstrong is very dirty. Always going high.

Old
06-30-2012, 11:55 AM
OverTheCap

Colby Armstrong is a bit of a cheap shot artist, he aims for the head a lot. He's been suspended for elbowing before. Maybe he's changed because he's suffered a concussion before, but that's not always the case.

Old
06-30-2012, 12:08 PM
Leetch3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post

id love him on the Rangers if he can replace some spunk that Prust brought and would be cheaper
ah forgot he was the one that injured gabby...

but i gotta be honest,those clips make me in more interested in him as a bottom 6 depth guy if you think that his health isn't too big of a concern.

Old
06-30-2012, 12:12 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
You have been consistent in your support of Nash but have you seen a lot of him recently? I haven't watched Columbus play more than a few times over the last two years but I've come away thinking Nash is not the same player he was a few seasons ago. I think he's still an interesting option as long as the price in terms of trade pieces is cheap.

My first choice is to go after Parise. Ryan would cost more than Nash in terms of a trade but the cap hit is very attractive. And I'm still thinking Hudler should be in the mix. Looks like he's not signing with Detroit before free agency opens. The guy has put up a lot of his numbers at even strength and I think he's legit.
I agree with you, but that's performance no ability. Everyone have up and down years. The last while, CBJ has sucked tremendously.

I just don't think it's that negative if a player the age of Nash does not, year after year, play well for 82 games per season when you have NOTHING to play for. Stamkos can do it the age he is. Nash could do it at that age.

Torts would have the work cut out for him for sure.

But let's say Nash would have played for a decent team instead of the joke of the league -- he would of course NEVER be available. Never.

Old
06-30-2012, 12:19 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
And another off the board...

Old
06-30-2012, 12:24 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
"do u really think Nash is either past his prime or declining at 28..?"
Well his stats have been declining for the past 3 yrs. He isn't as explosive as he was when he was younger. So yes, I do think he's going to decline.

Old
06-30-2012, 12:26 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Dude if they ALL hit their potential, with or without Nash we wouldn't be able to afford them all anyway
I'm not sure what you mean by 'potential'. Stepan is already a good 2nd line 2-way center, McDonagh is a #1 shutdown defenseman with offensive capablities, Lundqvist and Gaborik are already top tier NHL players and Del Zotto just broke out with a 40 point season while playing good defense. There is more potential, but they are all good hockey players.

Closed Thread