HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

The Offseason Thread Part XI: Stempniak and Ponikarovsky, LOL Offseason Edition

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2012, 08:40 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I really suspect that if the Rangers can't get any significant signings or trades. Expect some of our prospects to be fast tracked.
I think that's what my hunch may be based on.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:46 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Posturing and it would cost us slot to get him. Nj, pitt, det, and MN definitely

Old
06-30-2012, 09:04 PM
Lundsanity30

Doan's agent said he will not sign til June 8th at earliest which is when phx will have a clearer picture of where they will be playing and he's giving them every opportunity to sign him.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:31 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Any interest in Hannan or Garrison?

Old
06-30-2012, 09:35 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Do not sign Parise ... PLEASE

Old
06-30-2012, 09:36 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
heavy shot from the point. 17g last year. I'd hope so.
he's going to want big$ LD too i think.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:36 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Garrison's gunna get overpaid by someone. It would be nice to have someone with his shot from the point, but he's going to get an offer from another team that will be way too much more than we'd be willing to pay.

Hannan I'd be interested in as a stop gap. Can he play the right side?

Old
06-30-2012, 09:38 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
Do not sign Parise ... PLEASE
I guess you don't like having Stepan, MDZ, Mcdonagh, or Kreider on the roster.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:38 PM
NJRangers35

I am kind of nervous for tomorrow. Feel like we will overspend for a Garrison or Huddler. Have a feeling Glen is gonna make a move to make a move.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:39 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

Quote:
I'd love Garrison but I beleive he's looking for $5M+... Pass.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

I remember reading a stat somewhere that said that Garrison only scored 3 goals after the all star break.

Not willing to overpay for a player in a contract year who had a hot streak.

06-30-2012, 09:43 PM
we want the cup 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Garrison's gunna get overpaid by someone. It would be nice to have someone with his shot from the point, but he's going to get an offer from another team that will be way too much more than we'd be willing to pay.

Hannan I'd be interested in as a stop gap. Can he play the right side?
We dont need to waste money on stop guys . We need guys who can hit the net and score from the point on the PP . We have stop guys i need to stop watching the puck being shot from the left point during the power play . Hitting the glass and flying out of the zone on the right side .

We need 2 wingers that can Score . Not 3 or 4th liners who put up 15-20 goals Pure 2nd liners who put up 20-32 goals .

We have a young and up and coming team . We have the best goalie in the world . Before you know it our time will pass with Hank cause he isnt getting any younger .

We need to go all in this year and next and go for it . Nash/Ryan/Parise ect .

If the Pens get Parise and the Flyers get Ryan we might as well be happy with not making the playoffs and grabbing high picks think about trading off gabby and or Hank . With those offences i dont care what kind of D we have and who we have in net we wont be able to catch up . Tru story ...

Old
06-30-2012, 09:50 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Doan's agent said he will not sign til June 8th at earliest which is when phx will have a clearer picture of where they will be playing and he's giving them every opportunity to sign him.
That destroys all my hope for signing Shane Doan

Old
06-30-2012, 09:51 PM
Mrpuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want the cup 94 View Post
With those offences i dont care what kind of D we have and who we have in net we wont be able to catch up . Tru story ...
Yea because their incredible offense led them both to the cup finals this year. Call me back when they each get a goalie and some D men.

Last edited by Mrpuck: 06-30-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old
06-30-2012, 09:53 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want the cup 94 View Post
We dont need to waste money on stop guys . We need guys who can hit the net and score from the point on the PP . We have stop guys i need to stop watching the puck being shot from the left point during the power play . Hitting the glass and flying out of the zone on the right side .

We need 2 wingers that can Score . Not 3 or 4th liners who put up 15-20 goals Pure 2nd liners who put up 20-32 goals .

We have a young and up and coming team . We have the best goalie in the world . Before you know it our time will pass with Hank cause he isnt getting any younger .

We need to go all in this year and next and go for it . Nash/Ryan/Parise ect .

If the Pens get Parise and the Flyers get Ryan we might as well be happy with not making the playoffs and grabbing high picks think about trading off gabby and or Hank . With those offences i dont care what kind of D we have and who we have in net we wont be able to catch up . Tru story ...
To be honest, and I'm not calling you out in particular, how many of you had the Rangers finishing first in the conference and a point away from the President's trophy this past season? You never know what can happen. Henrik being Henrik and the defense continuing to play well barring any injuries will result in more of the same.

You said it yourself, this is an up and coming team. As good as the run was this past season, we need pieces to put this team over the top to go from Cup hopeful to bonafide Cup contender. The first person that says Nash is that piece should get pistol whipped. Experienced guys that provide depth should be targets rather than the big guns like Nash, Parise, Ryan, etc. If Kreider keeps up his pace from the playoffs he adds depth. Signing Doan or Whitney as an extra winger would be a very smart move.

As for a defenseman that can hit the net from the point, are you willing to give Jason "I scored only 3 goals a season at most before last year" Garrison $5 million a year? Get the hell out of here.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:53 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
I guess you don't like having Stepan, MDZ, Mcdonagh, or Kreider on the roster.
I don't want him.

Old
06-30-2012, 09:55 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I love how people assume that since we don't want Parise it means we're willing to give up 3/4 of our team for Nash or Ryan.

It couldn't possibly mean that we want to wait for the right player, right time, and right deal. That's just too...logical.

06-30-2012, 09:59 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
I love how people assume that since we don't want Parise it means we're willing to give up 3/4 of our team for Nash or Ryan.

It couldn't possibly mean that we want to wait for the right player, right time, and right deal. That's just too...logical.
LOGIC. Thanks for showing up.

Old
06-30-2012, 10:01 PM
howztheglass

Quote:
Hannan would most likely come cheap--but really doesn't help the PP

Wonfering if someone like J.Corvo wouldn't be a better option--1 to 2 year deal say around 3-4 million total.

3 rd pair D-man to help on the PP

Also I'll throw out Anton Babchuk from the flames but yes his defense is shabby but has a blast from the point and I belive the Flames would just about give him away.

Old
Trxjw
Bored.

Gut feeling that Pancake Penner is on the Rangers radar.

Old
we want the cup 94

Quote:
To be honest, and I'm not calling you out in particular, how many of you had the Rangers finishing first in the conference and a point away from the President's trophy this past season? You never know what can happen. Henrik being Henrik and the defense continuing to play well barring any injuries will result in more of the same.

You said it yourself, this is an up and coming team. As good as the run was this past season, we need pieces to put this team over the top to go from Cup hopeful to bonafide Cup contender. The first person that says Nash is that piece should get pistol whipped. Experienced guys that provide depth should be targets rather than the big guns like Nash, Parise, Ryan, etc. If Kreider keeps up his pace from the playoffs he adds depth. Signing Doan or Whitney as an extra winger would be a very smart move.

As for a defenseman that can hit the net from the point, are you willing to give Jason "I scored only 3 goals a season at most before last year" Garrison $5 million a year? Get the hell out of here.

We did finish 1st in the conference . Not like we ran away with it . I believe we were one point ahead of Pitts and crosby was out half the year . Philly like 6 pts back and they had Goalie issues all year. Dont give that you you dont know whats goint to happen . We played better then WE SHOULD OF .

This team lacked goal scoring in the PlayOFFS Imagine if we had another scorer .... Imagine if we had a PP that could score . If they any of those two teams add another ELITE PLAYER we are FU<>ED . Sorry but if no one understands that then wait till next year

Old
06-30-2012, 10:02 PM
NikC

Quote:

Nash,Ryan, Parise's scoring and talent push us over the top to cup contenders. This team needs to score more goals PERIOD! It's not that complicated! If you watched this team struggle to score 2g a game the months leading up to the playoffs and postseason, you would stop looking for complicated answers.

Currently we do not have enough top tier talent to lead the way. too much burden on lesser players to carry the load, and they can't do it. Too much pressure all the time on a young defense and our goalie to to hold onto 1g leads. This is nothing new. nearly every season since the lockout it's been this way.

We will never be true contenders until we get a bonafide offense and powerplay in front of Henrik Lundqvist. You'll get a season like this one where we advance by attrition and fortune, but you can't count on that.

Old
06-30-2012, 10:04 PM
Cmox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
He better be conditioned.

Old
06-30-2012, 10:08 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
Nash,Ryan, Parise's scoring and talent push us over the top to cup contenders. This team needs to score more goals PERIOD! It's not that complicated! If you watched this team struggle to score 2g a game the months leading up to the playoffs and postseason, you would stop looking for complicated answers.

Currently we do not have enough top tier talent to lead the way. too much burden on lesser players to carry the load, and they can't do it. Too much pressure all the time on a young defense and our goalie to to hold onto 1g leads. This is nothing new. nearly every season since the lockout it's been this way.

We will never be true contenders until we get a bonafide offense and powerplay in front of Henrik Lundqvist. You'll get a season like this one where we advance by attrition and fortune, but you can't count on that.
In a vacuum you're absolutely right. There is such a thing as the salary cap though. I'm not sure I'm willing to take on another large contract with the cap probably going down, and guys like McDonagh, Stepan, Del Zotto, and Hagelin needing new contracts in the next couple years.

Old
06-30-2012, 10:08 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Oh dear god. He will never make it through Torts training camp.

In fact I think I'm going to open up an ihop next to the training facility. I could make a little money off him.

Closed Thread