HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Justin Schultz Discussion Part III (MOD WARNING #482)

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2012, 02:47 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot_11 View Post
Its funny how defensive you get
LMAO, how is that being defensive it is true. Someone listed the coaching of Van and Ott as positive and over Tor and NYR yet look t the coaches records.

Old
06-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyPO View Post
I agree, but as a third party I would consider it much harder to crack top 4 mins with the Rangers beastly D than with the Nucks.
Eh, like others have said, the spot is there for the taking. The Rangers don't have a good 2nd pairing right D at the moment. McDonagh, Staal, Del Zotto, Erixon, etc are all left D. Girardi and Sauer are the only good right D they have (that aren't random utility FA signings like Emminger or whatever...Stralman was qualified but sounds like he isn't coming back) and Sauer is still not well enough from his concussion to start working out hard. He probably won't be ready for the season unless it's delayed by a lockout and even if he is, he's probably better suited for the third pairing in this hypothetical

Which is all to say, there's a spot for the taking if he can grab it

Old
06-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Iggy77

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyPO View Post
I just can't see him choosing Ottawa over Toronto.
Ottawa has beaten out most of the NHL for top NCAA signings in the past (Butler and Da Costa).

Hard to say where we rank in this case but the fact that we're on the shortlist says we have a fairly compelling argument and a good track record with his agency.

I doubt we'll get him but I will be shocked if he doesn't seriously stop and consider us.

Closed Thread