HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Justin Schultz Discussion Part III (MOD WARNING #482)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2012, 06:53 PM
  #151
Ronaldo
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Ronaldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 36,719
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
let's face hit, if he wants success it won't be with van or edmonton or toronto for at least a couple years
I mean yeah the back2back President's trophy winners haven't had any success at all the last couple years. Wow idiocy at it's finest.

Ronaldo is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 06:54 PM
  #152
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Is it that much of a stretch to say Sedin twins may be declining? They are still 1st liners, but they weren't even PPG this year. A steep decline from their previous 100 pt. seasons.
injuries.

Lucbourdon is online now  
Old
06-27-2012, 06:55 PM
  #153
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
What are his other options?

If he wants to play in CAN:

VAN - contender but lost in first round
TOR - rebuilding with no goalie or #1C
EDM - 3 #1 picks in a row
OTT - #8 seed
WPG - mediocrity
CGY - stuck in mediocrity
MTL - rebuilding

Other teams:

NYR - still not convinced they're a legitimate contender
DET - loss of Lidstrom, star players are wrong side of 30

Of course every team has selling points.
If they sign Suter and Schultz then they're set on D despite the loss of Lidstrom.

Their stars are old but Datsyuk remains one of the best players in the league. Zetterberg looked to be declining but had a massive second half to 11/12. Most aging players falter in the second half of seasons after hot starts.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 06:56 PM
  #154
just22
meat and taters
 
just22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Is it that much of a stretch to say Sedin twins may be declining? They are still 1st liners, but they weren't even PPG this year. A steep decline from their previous 100 pt. seasons.
H Sedin still led the west in scoring

just22 is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 06:56 PM
  #155
xlnc66
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
injuries.
Maybe for Daniel, but Henrik has played all 82 games the last 3 seasons and his totals have gone from 112 to 94 to 81.

xlnc66 is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 06:58 PM
  #156
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlnc66 View Post
Maybe for Daniel, but Henrik has played all 82 games the last 3 seasons and his totals have gone from 112 to 94 to 81.
didn't henrik get the most assists last year in the nhl?

Lucbourdon is online now  
Old
06-27-2012, 06:59 PM
  #157
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlnc66 View Post
Maybe for Daniel, but Henrik has played all 82 games the last 3 seasons and his totals have gone from 112 to 94 to 81.
Then all of the West is declining as he was the top point getter in the West. I'd say some of it turns on the style of play in the West. Anyways, this is all slightly off topic.

vanwest is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 06:59 PM
  #158
kthsn
Registered User
 
kthsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
If they sign Suter and Schultz then they're set on D despite the loss of Lidstrom.
And if Minnesota signs Parise and Suter they become a playoff contender.

Schultz will go with what's already there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Is it that much of a stretch to say Sedin twins may be declining? They are still 1st liners, but they weren't even PPG this year. A steep decline from their previous 100 pt. seasons.
He was a better player in this years playoffs than last.

Similar to Thornton learning how to play playoff hockey but not putting up Art Ross seasons anymore. Sedin is definitely a better player now.

For the NYR comment, I just don't think they have the offensive horses to win the cup.

kthsn is online now  
Old
06-27-2012, 07:00 PM
  #159
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 44,564
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Is it that much of a stretch to say Sedin twins may be declining? They are still 1st liners, but they weren't even PPG this year. A steep decline from their previous 100 pt. seasons.
Injuries hurt their season and hank had nothing to play for at the end of the season. Not going to say straight up that they are not declining, but I believe one year of less that 100 points is a little quick to make that assumption don't you think?

LPH is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 07:00 PM
  #160
lefty2time*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,109
vCash: 500
I dont think the Sedins are declining

H. Sedin scored more points in the West then any other player.

so relatively speaking he was still putting up big time points. Seems like more lower scoring games last year. Not sure why :S

lefty2time* is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 07:00 PM
  #161
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: calgary
Posts: 16,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Is it that much of a stretch to say Sedin twins may be declining? They are still 1st liners, but they weren't even PPG this year. A steep decline from their previous 100 pt. seasons.
The West was much tougher to score in than the East. Henrik Sedin led the West in points...

It's easy to 'decline' from Art Ross level production. There's nowhere to go but down.

The Sedins aren't going to put up 100 plus point seasons every year. They should hover around a PPG for at least another couple years.

Drop the Sopel is online now  
Old
06-27-2012, 07:00 PM
  #162
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
And if Minnesota signs Parise and Suter they become a playoff contender.

Schultz will go with what's already there.
What makes you believe that Minnesota's in the mix for either of those players? I can't see it.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 07:00 PM
  #163
CommonMeans*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Is it that much of a stretch to say Sedin twins may be declining? They are still 1st liners, but they weren't even PPG this year. A steep decline from their previous 100 pt. seasons.
By your logic a lot of very good players in the West are on the decline then.

CommonMeans* is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 07:02 PM
  #164
xlnc66
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
What makes you believe that Minnesota's in the mix for either of those players? I can't see it.
That's where Parise is from.

xlnc66 is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 07:02 PM
  #165
T-Funk
Registered User
 
T-Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Mars View Post
I mean yeah the back2back President's trophy winners haven't had any success at all the last couple years. Wow idiocy at it's finest.
and here i was trying to be nice

T-Funk is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 07:03 PM
  #166
kthsn
Registered User
 
kthsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
What makes you believe that Minnesota's in the mix for either of those players? I can't see it.
Cap space, opportunity and hometowns.

kthsn is online now  
Old
06-27-2012, 07:03 PM
  #167
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlnc66 View Post
That's where Parise is from.
Oh, okay. More "home town boy wants to play at home" logic.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 07:04 PM
  #168
kthsn
Registered User
 
kthsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
More "home town boy wants to play at home" logic.
Kinda like how Suter and DRW are linked?

kthsn is online now  
Old
06-27-2012, 07:05 PM
  #169
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
injuries.
Sedins missed a total of 10 games this year in the regular season. Not really a viable argument.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 07:05 PM
  #170
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,071
vCash: 500
Parise (if he doesn't re-sign with NJ) and Suter will sign with Detroit. The Red Wings need to re-load on the fly and get a little younger in the process. They'll push hard for both of them and based on the past 15-20 years there's no reason to believe that the Red Wings won't get their way.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 07:05 PM
  #171
lefty2time*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
and here i was trying to be nice
That was a pretty dumb comment.
On hf...if you post something stupid..you get bashed...
if you say something intelligent..you still get bashed..not as much..but you still get it haha

lefty2time* is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 07:05 PM
  #172
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Oh, okay. More "home town boy wants to play at home" logic.
Well, it is sometimes a factor. Dan Hamhuis signed in Vancouver because of that. We're still waiting on Joe Sakic though!

vanwest is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 07:07 PM
  #173
CommonMeans*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Sedins missed a total of 10 games this year in the regular season. Not really a viable argument.
No sir - using statistics outside of their context is not a viable argument.

CommonMeans* is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 07:07 PM
  #174
SilverHaireDevil
Registered User
 
SilverHaireDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Mars View Post
Yeah 'cause Schultz will sign with you because of success in the 80's
I never said he would sign because of that.

Two presidents trophies in a row has been done before and at least one of those teams won a cup while they were at it.

Perhaps Schultz looks at how another rookie who wanted ice time was treated recently by the Canucks.

Maybe he looks at how the team and the city wants the guy who led them to those presidents trophies and the cup finals is being shown the door.

A win now club is going to be far less forgiving of a rookie on a max ELC than a club that just added its 3rd 1st overall quality player to its team (4 if you count Eberle).

I for one am pleased with the state of my team heading into the future, like you seem to enjoy repeating, the 80's are the past, so are these 30th 30th 29th finishes.

You have two presidents trophies to show for them

We have Hall, RNH and now Nail Yakupov.

I for one will take those players over the regular season silverware.

SilverHaireDevil is offline  
Old
06-27-2012, 07:07 PM
  #175
rynryn
Progress to the Mean
 
rynryn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minny
Country: United States
Posts: 22,370
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
What makes you believe that Minnesota's in the mix for either of those players? I can't see it.
i think our air of desperation might put us in the mix.

rynryn is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.