HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

CBJ & EDM Likely Trade Partners?

Old
06-25-2012, 12:10 PM
DangleDman

vCash: 500
CBJ & EDM Likely Trade Partners?

Both organizations need to improve, fortunately for one another its on separate ends of the ice. This is where I see a potential match. Columbus has a strength on the blueline, something Edmonton is lacking. More to the point Edmonton is loaded with highly skilled forwards, something Columbus sorely needs, especially with the inevitable departure of Rick Nash.

The forwards that would seem to be options if the right package was put together are: Omark, Gagner, Paajarvi, and the long shot being Eberle.

The Defensemen that Columbus has to offer would be Methot, Savard, Golubef, Moore, and the long shot being Tyutin.

Columbus would seem to be further away crime contention, making them much more flexible as far as moving parts in a trade. So here are a few ideas:

Methot & 2013 5RD pick for Gagner

Golubef for Omark

Savard, Holden & 2013 3RD pick for Paajarvi

Moore, Calvert, Kings 2013 1RD pick acquired in the Carter trade for Eberle

What do you think, any potential here?

DangleDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:13 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Methot is a $3M 3rd pairing defender and you think that'll bring Gagner? I know Gagner's name has fallen out of favor around here (not even sure why TBH), but he's still worth much more than that. And a 5th (or 5rd) round pick doesn't begin to cover the difference.

Eberle isn't going to be traded for anything in the Columbus system, definitely not for that package.

The only deal that has even a hope of going through is the Omark deal. Everything else HEAVILY favors the Jackets.

Last edited by misfit: 06-25-2012 at 12:16 PM. Reason: wrong cap hit for Methot.
misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:13 PM
My name is Legion
Watch it Burn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangleDman View Post
Both organizations need to improve, fortunately for one another its on separate ends of the ice. This is where I see a potential match. Columbus has a strength on the blueline, something Edmonton is lacking. More to the point Edmonton is loaded with highly skilled forwards, something Columbus sorely needs, especially with the inevitable departure of Rick Nash.

The forwards that would seem to be options if the right package was put together are: Omark, Gagner, Paajarvi, and the long shot being Eberle.

The Defensemen that Columbus has to offer would be Methot, Savard, Golubef, Moore, and the long shot being Tyutin.

Columbus would seem to be further away crime contention, making them much more flexible as far as moving parts in a trade. So here are a few ideas:

Golubef for Omark

Is that a joke ?? No Way Edmonton even picks up the phone.

My name is Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:14 PM
WaitingForUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangleDman View Post

Quote:
Golubef for Omark

These two i would consider. The other two are to be honest are a little insulting. Particularly the last one.

WaitingForUser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:17 PM
OilerFan4Life

vCash: 1991
Tambo is in a strong position here. We don't need to eat Methot's salary if the asking price will be that high.

I'd give a 3rd plus Omark and that's it,.

OilerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:19 PM
650X2

i dont really want make any trades until i see what we get back with Nash trade. our team will be drastically different after that.

650X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Mr Sakich

when the Oilers drafted Yakupov, the immediate reaction on Edmonton sports radio was that Hemsky would be moved for a dman. Columbus was talked about as the likely destination.

I have no idea what fair value is but Hemsky for a Columbus dman is being predicted by people who are in the loop.

Mr Sakich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:22 PM
misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650X2 View Post
i dont really want make any trades until i see what we get back with Nash trade. our team will be drastically different after that.
I agree. The goal in the Nash deal should be to get the best return possible regardless of position. After that's done, then the focus should be on filling holes. Unfortunately, that pretty much takes them out of the free agent market since Nash probably won't be moved until well after July 1.

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:25 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Only way I could imagine Eberle going to Columbus would be Murray ++++++++++++

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:29 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
when the Oilers drafted Yakupov, the immediate reaction on Edmonton sports radio was that Hemsky would be moved for a dman. Columbus was talked about as the likely destination.

I have no idea what fair value is but Hemsky for a Columbus dman is being predicted by people who are in the loop.
I doubt that. Columbus' blueline is hurting enough already as it is.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
It's hurting?

Johnson-Wiz
Tyutin-Nikitin
Moore-Methot

Way better than EDM. And that's without prospects(Murray)

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Petro Points

Quote:
They seem to be set on D now.

Nikitin-Tyutin pairing is as good as Smid-Petry
Add in Wisneiwski, JJ and now R.Murray and it looks set

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 01:06 PM
NoTradeClause

I think Moore will be traded, the Murray pick and last years additions of Wiz and JJ make him the most expendable.

A Moore for Hemsky deal makes the most sense for both teams. Moore should be able to come in and contribute and Hemmer can be a 70 pt player again, no doubt in my mind.

NoTradeClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTradeClause View Post
I think Moore will be traded, the Murray pick and last years additions of Wiz and JJ make him the most expendable.

A Moore for Hemsky deal makes the most sense for both teams. Moore should be able to come in and contribute and Hemmer can be a 70 pt player again, no doubt in my mind.
Hemmer at 70 pts again without injuries in a season, that isn't happening.

Old
06-25-2012, 01:24 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Hemmer at 70 pts again without injuries in a season, that isn't happening.
That is entirely plausible. He has had numerous seasons at just below a PPG on some horrendous Oilers teams. If he gets significant minutes with other skilled players, 70 points is easily attainable.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 01:29 PM
WaitingForUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Gaborik at 70 pts again without injuries in a season, that isn't happening.
Where have people heard this before

WaitingForUser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

I was saying including his injury-prone ways, That he wouldn't be able to play long enough in a season to get it.

Old
06-25-2012, 02:04 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

I do believe the Oilers need a top pairing D, but not the scraps and prospects these proposals offer. IMO I believe the Oilers will stand pat right now, I cannot see them getting a D better then what they have now and will wait to see how some of their prospects preform at TC. The OP is dead wrong about Columbus and Edmonton being likely trading partners.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 02:17 PM
roboninja
EYG

vCash: 717
I just have to re-iterate the implausibility of the Eberle trade. To get Eberle, one of your top 2 D have to be part of the conversation. Not the scraps offered.

To me personally, Eberle is the most untouchable Oiler. I know many have Hall there for his passion and possible future captaincy, but it is Eberle to me. The guy has magic in his hands unlike anything I have seen from an Oiler since the 80s.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 02:25 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
I do believe the Oilers need a top pairing D, but not the scraps and prospects these proposals offer. IMO I believe the Oilers will stand pat right now, I cannot see them getting a D better then what they have now and will wait to see how some of their prospects preform at TC. The OP is dead wrong about Columbus and Edmonton being likely trading partners.
I disagree, I think they make good trading partners as CBJ will have Methot to move and EDM could use him.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Huh? You watching the NHL or the Columbus Owls from the 1970's?

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 02:48 PM
nzoilerfan

The oilers don't need any more third pairing defensemen. Whitney, Sutton, Potter, Teubert cover that pairing. What we need is another decent top four option, a number three guy really, one who can move the puck well while still being solid defensively.

Smid - Petry
???? - Schultz
Whitney - Sutton/Potter

I could see EDM being interested in a deal involving Nikitin and Hemsky.

Hemsky
Plante
Martindale

for

Nikitin
Goulobef

nzoilerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 02:49 PM
Xoggz22

I do think there is a potential match here but it's crazy to think we'll have some constructive discussions with proposals between these two teams (on HF that is). I don't know if the OP is an Edmonton fan or what but I don't think those proposals work as constructed but I do think the pieces in play (aside from Eberle - as much as I would LOVE him on the CBJ).

Personally, I think Methot is the most likely to be moved. Moore has a bright future and Murray isn't going anywhere. JJ is probably close to untouchable based on the CBJ situation. I'd love to see a deal that involved Methot and MPS with other pieces involved. Seems like that's the two surplus pieces (not dismissing either player). They both seem like they have value but there are other options higher up in each organization.

Old
06-25-2012, 02:52 PM
Xoggz22

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzoilerfan View Post
The oilers don't need any more third pairing defensemen. Whitney, Sutton, Potter, Teubert cover that pairing. What we need is another decent top four option, a number three guy really, one who can move the puck well while still being solid defensively.

Smid - Petry
???? - Schultz
Whitney - Sutton/Potter

I could see EDM being interested in a deal involving Nikitin and Hemsky.

Hemsky
Plante
Martindale

for

Nikitin
Goulobef
Watching both teams play, I think Methot is a #4 and might pair well with Schultz. He probably is more mobile than Schultz but will never be confused as a puck rusher or offensive defenseman. If we're talking Hemsky, I think you are talking Methot in return. Columbus is not likely to take on the injury risk and salary of Hemsky without moving some salary back. Just my opinion though.

Old
06-25-2012, 03:08 PM
OilerFan4Life

vCash: 1991
I like Moore's upside but David Savard is going to be the better player IMO.

I wouldn't deal either if I was Howson.

OilerFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote