HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ottawa - Nashville proposal

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2005, 06:59 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

vCash: 500
Ottawa - Nashville proposal

Nashville needs more scoring, a better back-up goalie and a centre, Ottawa needs to get bigger and tougher, this trade answers both team's needs.

To Nashville - Havlat, Prusek, White and (Hamel or Varada).
Havlat - GP 69 - points 68, one of the best young forwards in the NHL.
White - had 29 - points in injury riddled season. Had 60 & 50 points previous 2 yrs.
Hamel - GP - 37 - Points 33 in AHL so far this year, led Bingo in scoring previous yr.
Prusek - 2001-02 -won AHL most outstanding goalie award.

To Ottawa - Hartnell, Hall and Weber
Hartnell - GP 59 - points 33 - brings some size, toughness and scoring to LW.
Hall - GP 79 - points 27 - also brings the size and toughness Ottawa lacks.
Weber - good prospect having a good junior year.

Old
01-03-2005, 07:47 PM
Vyse64
N64

Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
no way nashville gives too much, take weber out at least

Old
01-03-2005, 07:57 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't think Nashvegas would put Hartnel on the table, even for the likes of Havlat.

Old
01-03-2005, 08:19 PM
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

Nashville fans are gonna crap there pants at this proposal. In a bad way...
Hartnell and Hall are future powerfoward type players, and Weber is in the Adam Foote mold. Not in a million years.

Old
01-03-2005, 08:21 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
I don't think Nashvegas would put Hartnel on the table, even for the likes of Havlat.
I agree. While Hartnell may never put up as many points as Havlat, he has a ton of other qualities that havlat will never have. Most of this qualities (grit, physical play, etc) are what really helps during playoffs.

Old
01-03-2005, 08:50 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
There is just too many players being unnecessarily moved. Nashville doesn't need a backup (Mason is as underrated and as good IMO) and adding both Hall n Hartnell to the deal is taking away too much grit from Nashville and Ottawa doesn't need to add another defensive prospect to their stable (not that it would be a bad thing to acquire him but they really don't need to). This trade would look much better if it was down to a Havlat and Hartnell trade. Nashville would have to add a bit more to the table IMO. Besides the obvious difference in qualities, Havlat has much more appealing upside to a team.

01-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Pred303

sure anyone would want havlat,but

too much grit and potential asked for from the preds,no way they'd even think about this...weber and suter will be the preds number one pairing on the blueline for the next ten years 2-3 years from now...they won't part with him

hartnell's toughness wouldn't be given up by the preds at least not yet,frontline size and toughness is at a premium for them..and hartnell is amongst the toughest we have..and he's just a kid..still expect hartnell to grow into a 25 goal scorer in a couple of years...and hall is playing lights out in europe right now and is just a kid himself

you're asking for three of the brightest young guns on nashville's team,a team that has jealously guarded picks and young prospects for 6 years...no way poile does this-or anything close when the preds are just turning the corner and becoming a really solid team

Old
01-03-2005, 09:05 PM
PredsFan77*

Send a message via ICQ to PredsFan77* Send a message via AIM to PredsFan77*
Haven't we hashed this out enough already....I fail to see how adding our possible 2nd/3rd line center and future top 4 dman in addition for some scrubs.

Old
01-03-2005, 09:37 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsFan77
Haven't we hashed this out enough already....I fail to see how adding our possible 2nd/3rd line center and future top 4 dman in addition for some scrubs.
White and Prusek are hardly scrubs. Nashville may not need them because they have similar players but scrubs they are not.

Old
01-04-2005, 12:00 AM
Bileur

Sens win this one easily

Old
01-04-2005, 12:07 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Well, let's break it down

Havlat(For now) >= Hartnell, though I think in the next year, that will be a more or less equal. Hartnell has "young doan" written all over him, and while Havlat is the more flashy player, Hartnell is probably OVERALL the Preds' best player. We'll call that even.

Hall > White

White's pretty much topped out, Hall is our version of Ryan Smyth. No one on the team scored more goals simply because the opposing d-men couldnt' move him from the front of the net.

Weber >> Prusek and Hamel\Varada

With Hamhuis graduated, Weber is our number 2 d-man prospect, and ONLY because Ryan Suter is parked ahead of him. He's our version of Phaneuf...big, mean, offensively gifted workhorse. We have no need for Prusek(as stated, I think Mason is just as good...and makes less, I believe) and an AHL scorer\past his prime agitator don't do much for us, either.

On the whole...Nashville has to pass.

Old
01-04-2005, 07:18 AM
SENSible1*

A Havlat trade proposal? What a novel concept!

Havlat has far more value than Hartnell, but the rest of the deal is too one sided in Ottawa's favour.

Prusek is the real wild card in the deal. He reminds me of another Czech goalie who couldn't get a shot at starting until he left Chicago and went on to become one of the best of all time. Not saying that it WILL happen, but Prusek is under-rated and could really come back to haunt the Sens if they move him.

Old
01-04-2005, 09:55 AM
wedge

STOP TRYING TO DEAL HAVLAT!!!!

he's 23 and alreay a PPG player! and some Nashville guys think they're giving too much? Come on!!!

I've never seen one reasonable trade involving Havlat in this board.

Old
01-04-2005, 11:37 AM
SENSible1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryderama
STOP TRYING TO DEAL HAVLAT!!!!

he's 23 and alreay a PPG player! and some Nashville guys think they're giving too much? Come on!!!

I've never seen one reasonable trade involving Havlat in this board.
Agreed.

Old
01-04-2005, 12:01 PM
bert

How on earth is Hartnell anywhere near Havlat. Thats like saying Mike Fisher is in Havlat's range, as much as I love Fisher I will not confuse how much either player is worth. There are far more gritty 2nd to 3rd line forwards then first line ppg wingers. Infact there were only 4 ppg right wingers in the nhl last year and Havlat was one of them.

Plus right now Weber's stock is through the roof due to the WJC. It will prolbably never be this high again unless he does infact turn into an Adam Foote. Adam Foote type defensmen dont turn out until the player is 25 +, at the minimum.

Im not sure where Hall fits in with the Sens. Would he even be a top 9 forward on this team? I wonder if he put up those numbers on a team like Nashville due to his playing tim? Alfredsson, Hossa, Havlat/Hartnell, Spezza, Fisher, Vermette, Smolinski, Schaefer, Varada I guess he might fit in depending on how he plays.

Prusek has real potential and has put up great numbers his only question mark is durability. Varada cost a top 100 prospect and is a top agitator in this league, I dont think these players are real scrubs.

White is useless, when used in the role ottawa has had him in. White is a good 3rd or 4th line center but to use him on the top 2 lines is ridiculous on a team like Ottawa. So at close to 30 years old im gonna agree about him haveing less worth then any other player mentioned in this trade proposal.

With the question marks around Hasek I dont want to see Prusek delt, clearly Emery is not starter or even backup ready in the NHL.

Havlat has to atleast bring back a 20 goal 50 point player.

If Nashville fans dont like it thats fine this is not a trade I make from a Sens fan point of view. Maybe if Prusek isnt involved its another story. I think the trade worth is roughly the same due to Havlat's super star potential.

Old
01-04-2005, 02:26 PM
rebedom

If Hartnell was replaced with Legwand would Nashville fans make this trade?

To Nashville: Havlat, White, Varada and Prusek

To Ottawa: Legwand, Hall and Weber

Old
01-04-2005, 02:31 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebedom

sure, if starting a season with todd white as the number one center were an attractive option. Centers are a position we absolutely cannot deal...another reason Hall is pretty valuable to us, since he's successfuly converted to Center, and is one of our better faceoff guys.

Old
01-04-2005, 02:48 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebedom

As a sens fan I would not make this deal. We do not need CENTERS we have enough. Spezza,Kaigorodov,Fisher,Vermette and Smolinski are all natual centers. If the Sens were to trade Havlat a LW power forward has to be comming back the other way.

Old
01-04-2005, 03:04 PM
briman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuhr86
As a sens fan I would not make this deal. We do not need CENTERS we have enough. Spezza,Kaigorodov,Fisher,Vermette and Smolinski are all natual centers. If the Sens were to trade Havlat a LW power forward has to be comming back the other way.
I disagree. Ottowa lacks a true #1 center. Spezza will develop into one, but he is not there yet. However, there is no way on earth this deal would ever go down. Why on earth would Ottawa give up a point per game player and get little in return. Yes Hartnell has captaincy written all over him, but Ottaw doen not need his skills, there are best used elsewhere.

Old
01-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Zoo

Break it down..

Havlat - Hartnell I feel thats a fair trade striaght up.

White - Hall Ouch, Hall is coming along nicely for preds. I thought he was there best player in the preds first trip to the playoffs. I've never liked White, I feel that his stats are high, only cause he plays along side Alfredsson.

Prusek/Hamel - Weber Preds don't need Prusek, as for Hamel he's just a throw in player who needs to work on his skating. I had high hopes for Hamel, but it looks like he's just gonna be a very good AHL player and a fill in NHL player. I don't know much about him, but everything I read about him is that he's gonna be a very good player downt he road a top four defencemen with a mean streak. I heard the comparison to Foote, if he's anything near Foote you don't trade players like that away.

Varada Ottawa needs more players like this, you don't trade away gritty players like this, when your team lacks toughness, he's a keeper.

Old
01-04-2005, 06:19 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

That's too funny...

WJC has been such a great publicity for Shea Weber. I was absolutely sure that he was going to be in some trade proposals...

Here we go...

Old
01-04-2005, 06:21 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

How about Hartnell and a fourth for Havlat???

Old
01-04-2005, 10:55 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogin_19
How about Hartnell and a fourth for Havlat???

No. Hartnell is probably the most untradeable Pred, at this point.

Old
01-04-2005, 11:33 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
No. Hartnell is probably the most untradeable Pred, at this point.
I agree. Hartnell would look good on ANY team.

Old
01-05-2005, 04:53 AM
Safir*

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn
Nashville needs more scoring, a better back-up goalie and a centre, Ottawa needs to get bigger and tougher, this trade answers both team's needs.

To Nashville - Havlat, Prusek, White and (Hamel or Varada).
Havlat - GP 69 - points 68, one of the best young forwards in the NHL.
White - had 29 - points in injury riddled season. Had 60 & 50 points previous 2 yrs.
Hamel - GP - 37 - Points 33 in AHL so far this year, led Bingo in scoring previous yr.
Prusek - 2001-02 -won AHL most outstanding goalie award.

To Ottawa - Hartnell, Hall and Weber
Hartnell - GP 59 - points 33 - brings some size, toughness and scoring to LW.
Hall - GP 79 - points 27 - also brings the size and toughness Ottawa lacks.
Weber - good prospect having a good junior year.
I wouldn't try to deal for Hall and Weber, because Nashville will turn that deal down. Prusek, White and that other stuff is nothing to cheer about and I rather keep everybody except for White.

The big question is, how good Hartnell is. Some Sens fans, including me, are willing to trade Havlat straight up for Morrow. Yet several Stars supporters are not in favor of that. IMO Morrow> Hartnell and that's, why some posts in this thread make no sense (IMO). If you put Havlat on a line with Legwand & Walker, he'll score more than 80 points for you guys. Nashville doesn't really have an elite scorer in the organization that could step in next season. Sure Radulov is pretty good, but is he elite? The other CIS guy that played for Quebec last season?

As a Sens fan I hate to give up Havlat, but I'm willing to trade him for guys that would fill a need for us. As I already pointed out, a straight up is not gonna happen with me. Now the question remained, what exactly the Preds need to add.

to Ottawa: Scott Hartnell + 1st round pick in 2006 or 2007

to Nashville: Martin Havlat

With Havlat the Preds will rock the West and I expect them to reach the playoffs in each season and pick between the 17th and 25th draft selection.

That's just a suggestion and I rather keep Havlat to try on on a line with Spezza and Hossa.

Closed Thread