HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XV

Closed Thread

Old
08-20-2012, 10:22 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Big View Post
Cap Geek: Alzner, Karl Ľ $1,270,000$1,285,000 Almost at "scrubs" salary. Or in the vicinity of 'a rock bottom salary.'

I guess he'll be going to Calgary or Nashville next.
If this post is serious....

Old
08-20-2012, 11:08 PM
um

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks...et/#more-38453

lol

Old
08-20-2012, 11:34 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
Oh man my boy Neuvy... Gotta learn the media game.

The Holtby thing isn't that bad after reading the interview, but I doubt he'll gain any fans from the Vokoun to Penguins thing...

Old
08-20-2012, 11:55 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

I absolutely love Neuvirth's personality. I just doubt whether he has the talent.

Old
08-21-2012, 02:41 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

That's clearly a translation that isn't worded the best.

Old
08-21-2012, 07:56 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Big View Post
Cap Geek: Alzner, Karl Ľ $1,270,000$1,285,000 Almost at "scrubs" salary. Or in the vicinity of 'a rock bottom salary.'

I guess he'll be going to Calgary or Nashville next.

Old
08-21-2012, 08:02 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Don't let RandyHolt see this one. In his mind, the players loved Hunter...

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks...e-hunter-left/

Old
08-21-2012, 08:48 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post

Of course the players hated him. I bet most players hate their coaches. Do you love your boss?

Don't tell Dynamo, but Hunter was probably brought in to neuter Ovi, to be George's heavy. Pin it on Dale or George you choose. Lets call him Gale.

Freelancing isn't the path to a cup. I think even Bruce knew that, but he made his name letting Ovi try and freelance us to a cup. When it came time to change, Bruce was dead in the water. It wasn't him.

Ovi got into bad habits, and Dale was brought in to put an end to it, or put an end to it.

If Ovi ever wins a cup, I bet in will be in part because of one Dale Hunter. Just like the Kings thanked Murray for teaching them to be mindful of defense. They got a cup, we are fresh graduates of mindful D class.

Maybe we are next. The mark Dale left on this team is not yet measured.

Old
08-21-2012, 10:20 AM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:

I just love how matter of fact Neuvirth is. I hope he never changes.

Quote:
Another big star left the Caps Ė Alex Semin. Some say it will help the club, some say it wonít. What do you think?

Something in between. I see the leaving of Semin as a huge minus for the team, but then again I think it may do some good. He didnít have the best work ethic. Maybe now when Ovi will be without him, he will put more into hockey. Maybe thatís what the management was going for.

Old
08-21-2012, 11:24 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
I hope he never changes.
You hope he remains a terrible goalie?

Old
08-21-2012, 11:27 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

And another player dishes on Semin....queue the SDF bashing Neuvy. This has been my suspicion all along, that Management hopes to see a big change in Ovechkin with Semin no longer whispering in his ear.

Another big star left the Caps Ė Alex Semin. Some say it will help the club, some say it wonít. What do you think?

Something in between. I see the leaving of Semin as a huge minus for the team, but then again I think it may do some good. He didnít have the best work ethic. Maybe now when Ovi will be without him, he will put more into hockey. Maybe thatís what the management was going for.

Matt Bradley said things about Seminís work ethic as well, and he had to apologizeÖ

But I think itís nothing that isnít well known. If Semin wanted to, he could have been the best player in the world, but he doesnít want to every day. And thatís wrong.

Old
08-21-2012, 11:33 AM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
I like that interview. Entertaining for sure, but Neuvy comes across with a chip on his shoulder. Something to prove. Should lead to a nice goalie battle in Training Camp, whenever that is, if at all. That can only be a postive for the Caps and us Fans.

Old
08-21-2012, 11:38 AM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
And another player dishes on Semin....queue the SDF bashing Neuvy. This has been my suspicion all along, that Management hopes to see a big change in Ovechkin with Semin no longer whispering in his ear.

Matt Bradley said things about Seminís work ethic as well, and he had to apologizeÖ

But I think itís nothing that isnít well known. If Semin wanted to, he could have been the best player in the world, but he doesnít want to every day. And thatís wrong.
Who here defended Semin's work ethic? He's obviously talking about Semin's off-ice work ethic, not shift-to-shift effort. Semin's off-ice work ethic sucks. Neuvirth's comments are much worse for Ovechkin than Semin.

"I see the leaving of Semin as a huge minus for the team"

"Maybe now when Ovi will be without him, he will put more into hockey"

Hmm.

Old
08-21-2012, 11:51 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Glad Hunter is gone. I doubt players mind discipline and in fact probably respect it. It's the not knowing "what the heck did I do wrong", or "what the heck do I need to do to get back" or "why is it this way for me but not other guys" that drove them nuts.

I'm looking forward to a coach that already has respect in the NHL. The players sound excited for a new beginning too.

Old
08-21-2012, 12:04 PM
Halpysback

Neuvirth is the Shea LaBeuof of the NHL. Can't wait til he follows the rest of the caps goalie rejects to the Pens a couple years from now.

Old
08-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
rids, you could be right, but i think its more likely that mcphee gave hannan a chance to play top 4 minutes on a cup contender and hannan played his way out of a top 4 job league wide.

i am not quick to blame mcphee or the team as a rule. so maybe i am just soft. however, the rest of the league twice over now has backed up the pov that hannan is not considered anything but a veteran bottom of the lineup/payroll player. stu bickel got a better contract.

if its not his game, then it has to be his inside the doors of the team professional conduct and relationships that has killed his value.

i can see where you could think he overplayed his hand last off season, but this off season backs up last.
hi Tex..

I think for any player over 35, especially the "non stars", you probably only get one chance at the multi-year deal. Hannan's chance was summer 2011. It didnt happen (we can disagree on the reasons). Once you become a year to year over 35 vet, I think its almost impossible to get out of that rut. See players like Arnott as well. While I "get" that isnt always the case (see Whitney, Jagr, etc), for a stay at home dman, its for sure the case.

and you arent soft for backing up George and the team's management....you just have more faith. I dont have that faith anymore.

Last edited by Ridley Simon: 08-21-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old
08-21-2012, 12:25 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
hi Tex..

I think for any player over 35, especially the "non stars", you probably only get one chance at the multi-year deal. Hannan's chance was summer 2011. It didnt happen (we can disagree on the reasons). Once you become a year to year over 35 vet, I think its almost impossible to get out of that rut. See players like Arnott as well. While I "get" that isnt always the case (see Whitney, Jagr, etc), for a stay at home dman, its for sure the case.

and you arent soft for backing up George and the team's management....you just have more faith. I dont have that faith anymore.
Hannan is like 33 or something.

Old
08-21-2012, 12:29 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
LOL........this is true - and back then he was 32 or something.

Old
08-21-2012, 12:29 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
right, I shouldve looked him up. My point still stands. stay at home vet d-man. But good catch

Old
08-21-2012, 01:23 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
right, I shouldve looked him up. My point still stands. stay at home vet d-man. But good catch
i am losing something in the translation. born 1-23-79, he is 33. 32 last off season.
he's been reasonably healthy. so its not an injury.

with the salary cap at $70m, $1m is nhl peanuts. you dont get a good catch for peanuts unless you are also taking some other kind risk to offset the small salary. i challenge you to go thru capgeek and find me another early 30's veteran top 4 defenseman on a 1 year, $1m contract.

this is jeff halpern money. halpern is a knee damaged veteran role player on a team for situational play at a near minimum cap hit. halpern is now on his 3rd consecutive one year contract with his 3rd different team.

Old
08-21-2012, 01:25 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
i am losing something in the translation. born 1-23-79, he is 33. 32 last off season.
he's been reasonably healthy. so its not an injury.

with the salary cap at $70m, $1m is nhl peanuts. you dont get a good catch for peanuts unless you are also taking some other kind risk to offset the small salary. i challenge you to go thru capgeek and find me another early 30's veteran top 4 defenseman on a 1 year, $1m contract.

this is jeff halpern money. halpern is a knee damaged veteran role player on a team for situational play at a near minimum cap hit. halpern is now on his 3rd consecutive one year contract with his 3rd different team.

Answer: A slow, stay at home defenseman who isn't absolutely amazing in his own end, isn't worth much in the NHL anymore because of the lack of offensive production.

Old
08-21-2012, 01:37 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Answer: A slow, stay at home defenseman who isn't absolutely amazing in his own end, isn't worth much in the NHL anymore because of the lack of offensive production.
Hal Gill: 37 with a new, 2-year contract.

Old
08-21-2012, 01:45 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Neuvirth is the Shea LaBeuof of the NHL. Can't wait til he follows the rest of the caps goalie rejects to the Pens a couple years from now.
1 bad year and he's a caps goalie reject? Should we ship out Carlson too?

Old
08-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Langway
Intangibles

It's always amusing when European players talk to the media back home. It's often as though they don't think anyone will ever read what they say. Oops.

With the exception of Oates, Mahoney and Backstrom interviews with people affiliated with the Caps usually tend to come across as fairly unimpressive.

Old
08-21-2012, 01:59 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Hal Gill: 37 with a new, 2-year contract.
Bigger, meaner.

He also re-signed with the club.

And it was only for 2 million. Still less than a Jeff Schultz.

Closed Thread