Guillaume Latendresse Deux - Signed with Sens

Old
06-28-2012, 12:28 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J22 View Post
So, Palmer, Mcintyre, and a bunch of 19-20 year old kids fresh out of Canadian shinny hockey give the Wild top 5 depth in the NHL?
Start listing teams with substantially better top 6 depth than the Wild. As I've mentioned already, we're waiting.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:29 AM
LordFletcher

so what are we saying the odds of us still keeping Latendresse are, 0% or 10% ???

LordFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:30 AM
LordFletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Sigh...

I'm glad Leopold and Co are choosing to go completely balls deep in risk by putting it all on getting Parise and/or Sutter but wont take a cheaper risk on a guy who has potential and is already on the roster.

There is much greater risk to the team by not signing him. I really hope this is just Gui's agent trying to raise the bar a little bit.

So what, assuming no suter, no parise, and no Lats we go into the next season with this:

Granlund - Koivu - Heatley
Butch-Cullen-Seto
Clutz-Brodziak-young gun

for a top nine and this for the D:

Scandella-Gilbert
Brodin-Third tier overpaid D man
Spurgeron-Stoner/Falk/Prosser/

Problem is that unless Granlund can slide into the number two center and another prospect can pick up a top six role like a champ, that's a lottery team.

Lottery roster = upset leopold = GMCF has to do something stupid to keep his job= GMCF does something stupid that doesn't work and looses his job = longer rebuilding process for us fans

The Wild are just in such an awkward place right now. Damned if you damned if you don't. If we don't get any substantial upgrades during free agency I really really hope that Leopold and Fletcher don't loose their composure and go for short term gains at the expense of everything they have done so far.
get ready

nathan mackinnon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LordFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:30 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFletcher View Post
so what are we saying the odds of us still keeping Latendresse are, 0% or 10% ???
That's a good question to ask Russo. For those with twitter, attack the guy with questions. Want to hear his response.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:33 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
Quote:
All I know is that I'll be constantly reminding everyone on this board about his current success on another team and how stupid Fletcher is for not re-signing him. Here's an example of what I'm talking about, let's just say this is 47 games into the season.

"Latendresse now has 22 goals, who on the Wild has that many? Oh yeah, nobody. The nearest anyone on this team has is Seto with 10."

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:33 AM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
I'd say between 0 and 5%.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:35 AM
Sportsfan1

Quote:
Better then the odds of New Jersey re-signing Zach..........ZING!

No seriously i don't know, but i'm still optimstic the Wild can bring him back, but remember people if he was THAT vital the Wild would've tendered him.

Sportsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Casper
30 goal grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
As one of the biggest supporters of us re-signing Lats, I have to say many of you are dramatically overreacting. I would have much rather preferred he be re-signed, but this does not mean it can't happen. It's entirely possible that he'll sign back here next week after seeing what other teams offer.

Even though news like this really put me in a damper heading into the start of free agency this is true. More likely than not Lats will kill it next year and then get all poutiney again after he gets his big contract; it might not even be a bad thing in the long run.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OpRedDawn*

vCash: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Sigh...

I'm glad Leopold and Co are choosing to go completely balls deep in risk by putting it all on getting Parise and/or Sutter but wont take a cheaper risk on a guy who has potential and is already on the roster.

There is much greater risk to the team by not signing him. I really hope this is just Gui's agent trying to raise the bar a little bit.

So what, assuming no suter, no parise, and no Lats we go into the next season with this:

Granlund - Koivu - Heatley
Butch-Cullen-Seto
Clutz-Brodziak-young gun

for a top nine and this for the D:

Scandella-Gilbert
Brodin-Third tier overpaid D man
Spurgeron-Stoner/Falk/Prosser/

Problem is that unless Granlund can slide into the number two center and another prospect can pick up a top six role like a champ, that's a lottery team.

Lottery roster = upset leopold = GMCF has to do something stupid to keep his job= GMCF does something stupid that doesn't work and looses his job = longer rebuilding process for us fans

The Wild are just in such an awkward place right now. Damned if you damned if you don't. If we don't get any substantial upgrades during free agency I really really hope that Leopold and Fletcher don't loose their composure and go for short term gains at the expense of everything they have done so far.
And, that's counting on Bouchard being healthy, which I doubt he will be. Gonna be an ugly year. Wish there was an easier way to watch the Aeros games..

OpRedDawn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:36 AM
J22

Quote:
Start listing teams with substantially better top 6 depth than the Wild. As I've mentioned already, we're waiting.
Are you serious? The Wild have 4 legitimate top 6 players in Koivu, Heatley, Bouchard and Setoguchi.
I dont think I have to go into Butch's injury concerns. I believe that Granlund is a legitimate top 6 guy, but he has yet to play an NHL game.

How can you honestly say that the Wild are among the leagues best in top 6 depth when they dont even have 2 legitimate top 6 lines?

J22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:37 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
While it may actually be good for Granlund to get some time down there, Fletcher would never do it. Do you see how the team is using him for PR? Cripes, they're offering an autographed jersey from him to those who buy season tickets. That right there can squash any possible mention of him in trades for a guy like B. Ryan. They're hyping Granlund like crazy knowing it'll get some extra butts in the seats. He may not become this savior to the team like some predict, but the club is hoping he's the temporary savior that saves the fans from bolting.
At this point if they don't get Parise there are going to be some empty nights at the X this year. That may be too bad with people missing out with Granlund because he's FBJ - we've been hyping him for two years but are also the die-hards yet for most people he's just another one of "the kids" that gets parroted by the talking heads.

Hell, I hope it was just laziness on their end but up until last week the "first 64 people to get season tickets receive an autographed Granlund jersey" ad was still up on Wild.com. It shouldn't take a month to get 64 new season ticket holders for the NHL in the State of Hockey.

Quote:
Still a chance.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:39 AM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
More like a slim chance after tonight.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:40 AM
OpRedDawn*

vCash: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
At this point if they don't get Parise there are going to be some empty nights at the X this year. That may be too bad with people missing out with Granlund because he's FBJ - we've been hyping him for two years but are also the die-hards yet for most people he's just another one of "the kids" that gets parroted by the talking heads.

Hell, I hope it was just laziness on their end but up until last week the "first 64 people to get season tickets receive an autographed Granlund jersey" ad was still up on Wild.com. It shouldn't take a month to get 64 new season ticket holders for the NHL in the State of Hockey.

Still a chance.
I doubt Granlund will do that great. Heater is our only goal scorer, and he misses way too much.

OpRedDawn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:41 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
All I know is that I'll be constantly reminding everyone on this board about his current success on another team and how stupid Fletcher is for not re-signing him. Here's an example of what I'm talking about, let's just say this is 47 games into the season.

"Latendresse now has 22 goals, who on the Wild has that many? Oh yeah, nobody. The nearest anyone on this team has is Seto with 10."
Why remind everyone, when most aren't happy about him not being re-signed? They're on your side, just not freaking out as much.

Yes, that example that you posted could happen. Or things could turn out very differently. Unless you have a crystal ball, there are no guarantees that he'll do that well OR that Seto will be struggling to such an extent. Heck, we haven't even reached July 1st yet. The Wild could look quite different by then. There are too many damn question marks with no solid evidence pointing in one significant direction right now.

Strange how the Wild are suddenly a crappy team again when people were so high after the draft. If Lats is the "make it or break it" piece to this team, then we are worse off than I ever imagined. And I say that as someone who knows that we could use any goals he provides.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:42 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Are you serious? The Wild have 4 legitimate top 6 players in Koivu, Heatley, Bouchard and Setoguchi.
I dont think I have to go into Butch's injury concerns. I believe that Granlund is a legitimate top 6 guy, but he has yet to play an NHL game.

How can you honestly say that the Wild are among the leagues best in top 6 depth when they dont even have 2 legitimate top 6 lines?
So what you're saying is you can't find any teams with better depth? If it's so obvious, why can't you answer the question?

Old
06-28-2012, 12:48 AM
Kari Takko

Quote:
Boston, los angeles, vancouver, san jose, washington, pittsburgh, philly, new york, florida, chicago, detroit, st. louis, ottawa, anaheim, buffalo, phoenix, tampa bay.

Kari Takko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:51 AM
Casper
30 goal grinder

Quote:
So what you're saying is you can't find any teams with better depth? If it's so obvious, why can't you answer the question?
not sure how serious you are or what exactly your trying to get at.

Name the teams that the Wild are deeper than...

Old
06-28-2012, 12:52 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Detroit
Anaheim
San jose
vancouver (though kesler is out)
Los Angeles
Chicago

New york rangers
new jersey
Washington
Pittsburgh
Philadelphia
Tampa bay

I might have missed one or two

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:52 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

LOL! So a bunch of unproven prospects suddenly means we have amazing depth?

Old
06-28-2012, 12:53 AM
J22

Quote:
Teams that I dare you to argue-
Rangers
Penguins
Flyers
Bruins
Lightning
Caps
Hawks
Wings
Blues
Avalanche
Ducks
Sharks
Canucks
Kings

Teams that you could argue, but I think you would be wrong
Devils
Islanders
Sabres
Canes
Oilers
stars

J22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 12:54 AM
Casper
30 goal grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
Detroit
Anaheim
San jose
vancouver (though kesler is out)
Los Angeles
Chicago

New york rangers
new jersey
Washington
Pittsburgh
Philadelphia
Tampa bay

I might have missed one or two
St. Louis Blues, Nashville...

Old
06-28-2012, 01:04 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpRedDawn View Post
I'll obviously still support the Wild, but I do see where he is coming from. To me, it just shows a lack a commitment to winning. A small gamble and investment for a huge payoff..... it just seems like a really cheap and gutless movie to lose a guy over such a small amount of money.
I see it as the exact opposite. I see the team trying to win whether it means pissing off the fans or not.

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2012, 01:05 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
I see it as the exact opposite. I see the team trying to win whether it means pissing off the fans or not.
Oh really? How does not re-signing Lats get us any closer to this winning you speak of?

Old
06-28-2012, 01:05 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Freitag View Post
Boston, los angeles, vancouver, san jose, washington, pittsburgh, philly, new york, florida, chicago, detroit, st. louis, ottawa, anaheim, buffalo, phoenix, tampa bay.
Boston's a tough one. While they certainly have a better top 6 than us, their depth is a player who hasn't played hockey of any sort in just about 2 years followed by players who haven't shown even as much as Palmer or McIntyre. At best, they're about equal for depth.

LA has better depth.

Vancouver is debatable. Depending upon how you feel about Schroeder, Raymond, and Kassian (one of whom is in their top 6), it could be argued they actually have worse depth than us.

San Jose used to have better depth, but we're quite a ways away from the days when Pavelski was clearly their third line center. They could still sign some players, but otherwise their depth consists of bottom sixers and B-prospects.

Washington's depth is hitting free agency this year. Unless they sign someone, they'll be in our position or worse.

Pittsburgh doesn't even have 4 top 6 wingers on their NHL roster. Their depth is not any better.

Rangers have better depth.

Florida's depth consists of "20 year olds" so it's in the same boat as ours.

Chicago is unable to bring Olesz up due to cap issues, so their depth primarily consists of rookie prospects as well.

Detroit's depth is, well it depends upon how you feel about the rest of their roster. I think I could give them the edge on us, but don't know that it's substantially better. Could be argued though.

St. Louis is currently pretty equal to us in top 6 depth.

Ottawa's depth consists of prospects.

Anaheim currently has 5 actual NHL players in their top 6 (unless Selanne returns, making it 6). Their depth consists solely of prospects and players who shouldn't be in the top 6.

Buffalo could possibly be argued.

Phoenix isn't even close.

Tampa Bay's top 6 depth is exclusively rookies.

So of those listed, there's 2 who have better depth, and 2 that could be argued to have significantly better depth.

Old
06-28-2012, 01:08 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Teams that I dare you to argue-
Rangers
Penguins
Flyers
Bruins
Lightning
Caps
Hawks
Wings
Blues
Avalanche
Ducks
Sharks
Canucks
Kings

Teams that you could argue, but I think you would be wrong
Devils
Islanders
Sabres
Canes
Oilers
stars
See the other response. It seems you severely misunderstand the concept. It's not a question of who has a better top 6, it's a question of who has the best ability to replace those players in their lineup. To use Pittsburgh as an example: If Neal goes down, he's replaced by whom? Tangradi and his 40 NHL games?