HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Roster Thoughts and Offseason Speculation for the 2012-2013 Season II

Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2012, 12:42 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Otherwise, I am cool rolling the playoff lines provided that the Kings buy Dwight King a cape.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi11 View Post
What about signing a guy like Holmstrom to a 1 year deal. I think getting someone to just stand in front of the net the entire game would be good for this team.
I'm pretty sure I heard that he's considering retirement.

Even if he doesn't, there's not much left in his tank.

Old
07-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Reclamation Project
Zero Class User

vCash: 498
He won't leave Detroit. Too much class and respect. Although he did say he was done when Lidstrom was.

Old
07-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Reclamation Project
Zero Class User

Off-topic, but have you guys read this. Pretty depressing actually.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...8089--nhl.html

Old
07-06-2012, 06:19 PM
Awayboardn

Send a message via AIM to Awayboardn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post

This is why I hate these massive contracts for these, "stars"....I feel like these huge contracts crush players...too much pressure to perform.

Old
07-06-2012, 07:12 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Bring up Bodnarchuk!!!

Old
07-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

Quote:

I must have missed the significance of that last question; otherwise, I'm not getting it, and it gave me the creeps, to be honest with you.

Not just TMI, but WTMI.

Old
07-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Reclamation Project
Zero Class User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I must have missed the significance of that last question; otherwise, I'm not getting it, and it gave me the creeps, to be honest with you.

Not just TMI, but WTMI.
He has a Twitter account where he posts goofy stuff. I think it's a reference to a tweet.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

vCash: 648
Quote:

I find it hard to believe he doesnt pee in the shower. Is he snubbing his nose at those of us who do?

Old
07-06-2012, 09:45 PM
johnjm22

Canuck fans treated Luongo like ****. One little mistake and they'd be all over him. There's was times when he almost came to tears in post game interviews.

I hope he goes on to find success elsewhere.

Old
07-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Canuck fans treated Luongo like ****. One little mistake and they'd be all over him. There's was times when he almost came to tears in post game interviews.

The ultimate troll move for him, and what I would hope for the most is he goes on to sign with Chicago and then they eliminate the Canucks next year in the playoffs... They would be throwing themselves off bridges in Vancouver if he goes to their arch nemesis and experiences success.

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Old
07-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Ron
Kings Fan Since 1967

Quote:

You know, its gonna be great going to Kings / Canucks games next season...I can't wait to rub it in to those arrogant ***** fans of theirs...well, of course I won't initiate but if any of them want to start up with their **** its all about the Cups baby.

I remember some a-hole Detroit fans making fun of our team last January or so when we got beat 4-1 and idiot Red Wing fans around me shouting "you suck" (meaning the Kings). I told that clown its one thing to wear your jersey in our building but don't insult our team.

Fans of other teams will have to be more humble next season. It's going to be fun.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Rusty Batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears View Post
@Inner Turbulence - Clearly Rusty Batch isn't familiar with the Detroit Red Wings and how they groom their young. I'm not sure if he's too busy assuming we can get Nash for next to nothing or just dreaming of a league with an endless cap...
You think that package was next to nothing??? Anyways I dont think you understand my point of view. Because nothing in my post would imply I don't believe in a red wings type organization. Good try though.

Old
07-06-2012, 10:31 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
You know, its gonna be great going to Kings / Canucks games next season...I can't wait to rub it in to those arrogant ***** fans of theirs...well, of course I won't initiate but if any of them want to start up with their **** its all about the Cups baby.

I remember some a-hole Detroit fans making fun of our team last January or so when we got beat 4-1 and idiot Red Wing fans around me shouting "you suck" (meaning the Kings). I told that clown its one thing to wear your jersey in our building but don't insult our team.

Fans of other teams will have to be more humble next season. It's going to be fun.
Shoulda told him to go to a Dodgers game...

Old
07-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Rusty Batch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Turbulence View Post
well, actually, he was looking to give away the store for Nash. I really disagreed with some of what he was saying and got a little carried away
I appreciate your response, and thank you for actually reading all of my post(I'm sure it was a rough read), and responding in a constructive manner.

I think a lot of your points are very accurate, and I also believe that the D could be a bit worrisome, which is primarily why I wanted to keep Voynov if possible. However, I feel that the forward group also plays defense and we have some of the best if not the best group of defensive forwards in the league. We also have a very deep and NHL ready defesive prospect pool.

My opinion is that Hickey or Muzzin would only be a slight drop off from Vonov.Now that might not be accurate, and I don have any evidence to support that I am just going off of what I have seen of them.

I also feel it is inevitable that Scuderi will be replaced internally or re-sign for a real bargain contract.

This comment is the only one I have an issue with:
Quote:
The young players have to either force their way in or get moved out eventually. I dont think they should just be awarded roster spots, just because its their turn to come in
I am not for giving them a roster spot, but if there is simply no where for them to play (unless a catastrophic injury occurs) then I dont think you are even giving them a chance to compete.

Old
07-06-2012, 11:03 PM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Batch View Post

I am not for giving them a roster spot, but if there is simply no where for them to play (unless a catastrophic injury occurs) then I dont think you are even giving them a chance to compete.
And that is going to be the tough part going forward. But the salary cap will also help to take care of things too

Old
07-06-2012, 11:46 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
The ultimate troll move for him, and what I would hope for the most is he goes on to sign with Chicago and then they eliminate the Canucks next year in the playoffs... They would be throwing themselves off bridges in Vancouver if he goes to their arch nemesis and experiences success.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo !

Old
07-07-2012, 12:03 AM
Quattro

Quote:

2nd this - it's disgraceful how they are running him out of town. He's still a top 5 goalie. They benched him after 2 games in the Kings series when neither loss was remotely his fault. I hope he kicks ass on another team.

Old
07-07-2012, 12:08 AM
Reclamation Project
Zero Class User

If he does go back to Sunrise, I think he'll be better. No pressure and he's at home with his family.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:39 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Luongo made some big saves in those first two games...

Vancouver and Montreal are just hard places to play in, just ask Squid.

Old
07-07-2012, 01:46 AM
Scrivezina
Who needs offense?

Just hope Lou finds a better team to play for. He really deserves better than the CaSucks...

On another topic...It feels good to be the champs right now. I still have my LA Times from the next day. Gonna frame that puppy....

Old
07-07-2012, 03:15 AM
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?

I really hate canucks fans and pens fans at staples. So annoying. Theres always bickering between eachother.

Old
07-07-2012, 05:34 AM
alpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
2nd this - it's disgraceful how they are running him out of town. He's still a top 5 goalie. They benched him after 2 games in the Kings series when neither loss was remotely his fault. I hope he kicks ass on another team.
..and he was incredible in those games. In game one his save on Richards right in the crease..Richie just couldn't believe it. Game two Brown in the slot top right corner and somehow he got his glove up and catches it on his second try.

It is all there in the nhl.com highlights and the goals that were scored on him either he was screened or taken out of play, see Lewis backdoor, Kopi's shorthanded effort or Carter's skate pass to Pancakes.

He is still a very very good goalie and could easily become dominant on another team.

Old
07-07-2012, 10:37 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Anyone heard anything about King? What's the QO for him?

Old
07-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Scottkmlps

Quote:

That's how they are with every goalie. I would laugh so hard if he went to Chicago and they swept the Canucks in the playoffs with Luongo leading the way.

Closed Thread