HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Roster Thoughts and Offseason Speculation for the 2012-2013 Season II

Closed Thread

Old
07-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Scottkmlps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FootKnight View Post
Anyone heard anything about King? What's the QO for him?
His salary last year plus 10%.

Old
07-07-2012, 11:37 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears View Post
Luongo made some big saves in those first two games...

Vancouver and Montreal are just hard places to play in, just ask Squid.
He sucks. Lombardi had Cammalleri pegged correctly. Always going to be one of the better and highest paid players on a not-so-great team.

Old
07-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Vamos Rafa
¡Vamos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
That's how they are with every goalie. I would laugh so hard if he went to Chicago and they swept the Canucks in the playoffs with Luongo leading the way.
What are the chances he goes back to Florida?

Old
07-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Reclamation Project
I Not Much Like LA

vCash: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
What are the chances he goes back to Florida?
Very high.

Old
07-07-2012, 07:57 PM
Ollie Weeks

Don't really like him based upon the uniform he's been wearing, but it'd be nice to see him give some Eastern team a much needed boost, like Toronto or Florida.

Old
07-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Doughty interview with the Mayor:

Quote:
Given Doughty’s prolonged contract situation last summer, was he concerned about a possible repeat developing this year between Quick and GM Dean Lombardi?

“Yeah, I thought there was a chance that could happen,” Doughty admitted. “It’s great to see that the team and Quickie came to an agreement though. Obviously, he could be making a lot more. He kind of did the opposite of me, he took a couple less dollars for the team. And that’s a great job by him.”
Nice of Doughty to admit that he was a money grubbing *****.

http://mayorsmanor.com/2012/07/dough...and-jon-quick/

Quote:
Which brought us to the hot topic of the week – the possibility of Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan becoming a member of the Kings.

“It’s crazy to think about, given all the bad blood in the playoffs,” Doughty began, as he assessed the situation. “But, that’s playoff hockey. You’re going to play as hard as you can and do anything you can to win. He wanted it just as bad as everyone on our team did. To possibly have him on our team would be great. He’s been a great player in the league for so long, he’s a leader on and off the ice, just a great guy to have in the room.”

Old
07-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Wonder how the Kings would be able to accommodate Bernier's request if his desire is to be dealt "close to home."
http://twitter.com/L_A_theRiver
Quote:
J Bernier confirmed he asked to be traded. Did so b4 last deadline, ‪#Kings‬ refused. Just informed my colleague Elizabeth Rancourt @TVASports
Quote:
‪#Kings‬ Bernier says he expects to be traded given Jonathan Quick's 10-yr extension. We'll soon find out...
Quote:
Bernier tells @TVASports he expects to be traded close to training camp, "preferably close to home". More details to come.

Old
07-12-2012, 12:41 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Doughty should have fired Meehan and Newport, and things would have gotten done on time.

Old
07-12-2012, 01:07 PM
losingsand

SELANNE just signed with the ducks.
so much for that pipe dream and making all hardcore duck fans jump off huntington beach pier.

Old
07-12-2012, 01:10 PM
losingsand

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Doughty should have fired Meehan and Newport, and things would have gotten done on time.
One angle to look at it, if doughty doesn't hold out, Voynov doesn't get that spot in training camp/preseason earning trust with the staff.

If Voynov didn't look as good as he does, we don't make that jack johnson / jeff carter trade... which in my mind could be the best trade deadline acquisition in all of sports short term... we'll see long term if it fully pans out... but he's everything your looking for in a deadline deal.

Old
07-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingsand View Post
One angle to look at it, if doughty doesn't hold out, Voynov doesn't get that spot in training camp/preseason earning trust with the staff.

If Voynov didn't look as good as he does, we don't make that jack johnson / jeff carter trade... which in my mind could be the best trade deadline acquisition in all of sports short term... we'll see long term if it fully pans out... but he's everything your looking for in a deadline deal.
That's a real good way to look at it.

Yea it sucked Doughty held out, but it gave Voynov the shot to come in and do what he did. Ultimately it earned him the right to be here, and the management the right to trade Johnson for Carter.

I mean....could you go as far as saying because Doughty held out we were able to get Carter? I guess in some ways it's logical.

Old
07-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Johnny Utah

Off topic...if the Kings deal Bernier and promote Jones who the hell are the two goalies in Manchester...?!

Old
07-12-2012, 01:57 PM
yankeeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingsand View Post

that trade has a long way to go to match up with the goring trade that led to four straight stanley cups for the islanders

Old
07-12-2012, 01:58 PM
Jwm1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Off topic...if the Kings deal Bernier and promote Jones who the hell are the two goalies in Manchester...?!
If that happened, we would most likely sign a veteran to play in the AHL....They could call up Berube to play in Manchester, but Chris Gibson is too young still and Zatkoff is gone....

Even if that scenario doesn't pan out, i fully expect the Kings to bring in a cheap, veteran goalie to be an insurance policy in the system....

Old
07-12-2012, 02:05 PM
BringTheReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
That's a real good way to look at it.

Yea it sucked Doughty held out, but it gave Voynov the shot to come in and do what he did. Ultimately it earned him the right to be here, and the management the right to trade Johnson for Carter.

I mean....could you go as far as saying because Doughty held out we were able to get Carter? I guess in some ways it's logical.
Plus, Ryan Suter is making 7.5 a year while Doughty is only at 7. Yay!

Old
07-12-2012, 02:05 PM
Johnny Utah

Gibson, Jones and Berube. Only 1 of those 3 has AHL experience. Kings might need to draft or sign another goalie....They need 2 for Manchester....Gibson looks to be going back to juniors, correct?

Old
07-12-2012, 02:10 PM
losingsand

I think it would be really beneficial for the kings to keep bernier this year... as an insurance policy but also to take a good share of the games... quick played a crap load of games last year and with this short summer, i'd hate for him to be fatigued by the 2013 postseason. Give Bernier 25-30 starts... I feel like the rest of league still doesn't fully by how good Bernier is... and probably why he hasn't been dealt yet, because we haven't been getting the value that we expect from a player like JB.

Maybe dangling 15 more starts in front of him will keep him quiet for now. he's been absolutely stellar teammate accepting his back up role for this long, i don't blame him for speaking up now... he's a true competitor and knows he can be a number one. just one more year Bernie, just one more year, be a pal for one more year.

Old
07-12-2012, 02:10 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
I don't expect that to be a worry because any trade i see us making envolves us getting a goalie in return. I expect it to be something like bernier and a bottom 6 forward /or drewiski for pick winger prospect and back up goalie. For example with edmonton bernier richardson and drewiski for a 2nd mvp omark and Nikolai Khabibulin. everyteam has a back up to send i think on a one year contract

Old
07-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm1986 View Post
If that happened, we would most likely sign a veteran to play in the AHL....They could call up Berube to play in Manchester, but Chris Gibson is too young still and Zatkoff is gone....

Even if that scenario doesn't pan out, i fully expect the Kings to bring in a cheap, veteran goalie to be an insurance policy in the system....

That's a tough call. Gibson's numbers weren't great for Chicoutimi last season. But they weren't bad for a CHL goalie either. He was still a top 10 goalie.

He's 19....they could put him in the AHL. As it stands Ranford, Morris, and Kim Dillabaugh (Monarchs/Kings goaltender development coach) can do much much more for him at this stage of his career then Chicoutimi and the CHL can.

I dunno though, considering the better of the two goalies last season (Zatkoff) was let go...maybe the Kings are looking for a veteran goaltender return in a Bernier trade do give everyone more time to develop at their respective levels. Berube/Jones in Manchester, Gibson finishes his CHL career..and likely the Kings draft a goalie next year with a high pick.

Maybe we see Florida go hard for Bernier and give up Theodore in part of the deal to push Markstrom.

Goaltenders are a strange breed.

Old
07-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Jones will not be the backup in LA. Dean will sign a veteran to be the backup, or one will come back in the Bernier trade. Sutter will play Quick for 70+ regular season games, the backup won't get many starts.

Old
07-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Johnny Utah

Will the Kings move Berube up from the ECHL to Manchester with Jones?

Old
07-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

If Bernier was moved, I'd like us to sign Sanford to be back up for a year

Old
07-12-2012, 02:42 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

The Kings should deal Bernier at the deadline for a player that they need for another cup run. Give Bernier more starts to increase his value and give Quick more rest early in the season.

Also, the Jeff Carter trade is probably the second best trade in Kings history.

Old
07-12-2012, 02:44 PM
johnjm22

This is why I hated seeing Zaktoff go. Now, if Bernier leaves, our organizational depth at goaltender suddenly looks much less deep.

Old
07-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
If Bernier was moved, I'd like us to sign Sanford to be back up for a year
He signed with the KHL for one year. Unless you mean next season.

Closed Thread