HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Roster Thoughts and Offseason Speculation for the 2012-2013 Season II

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
If you look at it from Schultz point of view....and the Oilers likely did...it now seems wise they took Yakupov. If they knew Schultz was looking to play big minutes and be a number one guy in the near future, Edmonton was his best bet.

Old
06-30-2012, 04:16 PM
Reclamation Project
User Lacks Class

vCash: 478
Leiweke saying that has me in a frenzy

Old
06-30-2012, 04:21 PM
ScoreZeGoals
I'm bored...

So Schultz, who doesn't have a minute of NHL ice time, will be paid more than every Kings defenseman not named Doughty?

Old
06-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
So Schultz, who doesn't have a minute of NHL ice time, will be paid more than every Kings defenseman not named Doughty?
His base salary is under a million. If he achieves the bonuses he deserves to make the money. He has bonuses are similar to what the Kings gave Brayden Schenn.

This guy is really really good, this is not your typical NCAA free agent or even really good NCAA free agent like Read. This is a guy who will be an impact player inthe NHL, and sooner rather than later. Entering the league at 22 having played against older players the last three years as opposed to 16-19 year old kids like the CHL defenseman.

Old
06-30-2012, 04:42 PM
Reclamation Project
User Lacks Class

vCash: 478
Comparable to Ryan Suter. I absolutely hate the way he handled the entire situation but he is one heck of a player.

Old
06-30-2012, 04:48 PM
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?

I wonder where Doan would go. I hope we get something great for Bernier, even though we wont likely. It would be cool to have even though i hate him entirely. I dont think Pens sign parise. Parise doesn't seem like the type that would betray his team.

Old
06-30-2012, 04:56 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I wonder where Doan would go. I hope we get something great for Bernier, even though we wont likely. It would be cool to have even though i hate him entirely. I dont think Pens sign parise. Parise doesn't seem like the type that would betray his team.
Betray? He's a UFA. He knows this will be his major payday, no faulting him for wherever he signs. The Devils financial situation also could play into his decision.

Old
06-30-2012, 05:07 PM
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Betray? He's a UFA. He knows this will be his major payday, no faulting him for wherever he signs. The Devils financial situation also could play into his decision.
I know he's a UFA. I just wonder if he would go to the pens. He's the captain and the name of the Devils for a while. I dont think he'd go to the pens.

Old
06-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
Leiweke saying that has me in a frenzy
I guarantee you it is the Quick re-signing, and perhaps the Penner re-signing. He would have no information on the free agency front other than giving Dean the green light to go after someone, which would still be no guarantee.

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Old
06-30-2012, 06:28 PM
tsanuri

And Leiweke doesn't announce much that pertain to just the Kings but AEG as a whole. He leaves the Kings things to DL.

Old
06-30-2012, 06:45 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
I know he's a UFA. I just wonder if he would go to the pens. He's the captain and the name of the Devils for a while. I dont think he'd go to the pens.
If he wants to stay in the east and have a chance at winning, and playing along side the best player in the world, I'd say he'd consider it.

Old
06-30-2012, 06:51 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
He was only given the C this last year and does anyone actually think that was anything more than a PR move? Not that he didn't deserve it.

We as fans can have allegiances but as a player it is a business. I don't think he really wants to leave NJ but the financial problems have handcuffed Lou.

Old
06-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Gaustad signs for $13 million over 4 years. Same cap hit as Stoll.

Stoll >>> Gaustad

Anyone still think Stoll wouldn't get $4 on the open market?

Old
06-30-2012, 07:47 PM
tsanuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post

Stoll >>> Gaustad

How dare you come in here with FACTS.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:09 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post

Stoll >>> Gaustad

DL thought he would and that's all that matters. Stoll signing was key. BTW, if Lou wants Parise, he'll keep him. Lou doesn't lose out on players he really wants...almost ever. He'll even cheat sometimes to keep them.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:16 PM
Richie10

The Schultz signing is pretty monstrous for Edmonton. Their defensive future looked terrible.

They still have to figure out the goalie front - perhaps Dubnyk can get there one day - but they just improved their team tremendously by filling a big hole with a quality prospect.

No one loves to rag on the Oilers and their fans more than I do, but they'll eventually be a really, really good hockey team.

As for what Lieweke said, who the hell knows. I can't imagine him having any information on a potential blockbuster trade or UFA signing. On the other hand, the Quick extension has been common knowledge for days now. Doesn't make any sense.

Old
07-01-2012, 01:36 AM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
DL thought he would and that's all that matters. Stoll signing was key. BTW, if Lou wants Parise, he'll keep him. Lou doesn't lose out on players he really wants...almost ever. He'll even cheat sometimes to keep them.
Yeah, but I would imagine that would be harder to pull off when your ownership is in a state of flux because of financial difficulties.

Heck, the situation with the massive unpaid debt had media speculating that New Jersey was going to have their team taken over by the NHL like with Phoenix. Last time I read up on the situation they had 200 million in overall debt with something like 80 million of that being due this summer.

Old
07-01-2012, 02:04 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Trading Richardson would really "Shock the world" ?
The Kings signed the Shockmaster...

Old
07-01-2012, 02:24 AM
bbfrc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsanford View Post
Maybe Bernier got traded to the Devils for Parise rights and we have sealed the deal
I don't think this is so far fetched. I often thought about this. What if Parise did it for his team before he left and they got nothing? Simple sign and trade.

Old
07-01-2012, 03:05 AM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

Maybe the unexpected announcement had something to do with the assistant coaching position being filled by an ex-Kings player? As in a ridiculously big name that steps in to be the offensive coach. Might be sensible considering AEG must realize that it is well known Quick is signed, and it seems Kings related

Old
07-01-2012, 03:44 AM
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?

I know this is random and all, but would we ever get our own stadium? Lets say we win the cup again in the next 3 years. Do you guys think in the near future we will have our own stadium?

Old
07-01-2012, 03:53 AM
Winger23

Quote:
I know this is random and all, but would we ever get our own stadium? Lets say we win the cup again in the next 3 years. Do you guys think in the near future we will have our own stadium?
Highly doubtful as we just had it a few years back.

As far as parise goes, I have this gut feeling he's going to be a King. I really think something was said during the handshakes in game 6 that made him want to come. Plus seeing how happy all the players seem to be playing for Sutter he gets to come to a location that has near perfect whether, a likable coach and a close knitted team that are cup contenders.

Then again, if it's all about the money he'll end up in pittsburgh or minny.

Old
07-01-2012, 03:56 AM
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
Highly doubtful as we just had it a few years back.

As far as parise goes, I have this gut feeling he's going to be a King. I really think something was said during the handshakes in game 6 that made him want to come. Plus seeing how happy all the players seem to be playing for Sutter he gets to come to a location that has near perfect whether, a likable coach and a close knitted team that are cup contenders.

Then again, if it's all about the money he'll end up in pittsburgh or minny.
Man I dont see what most of you guys do. I really don't know what makes you guys believe we have a good shot at him. I really dont see it.

Old
07-01-2012, 04:15 AM
Winger23

Quote:
Man I dont see what most of you guys do. I really don't know what makes you guys believe we have a good shot at him. I really dont see it.
For me its because this team is already really good without him for the next several years. Adding him makes the kings favorites to win it all again next year imo. If he wants a shot to win it all I truly believe its with the kings.

Old
07-01-2012, 07:44 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
If NJ had stable ownership, sure, but they don't have the cash. Remember Kovalchuk only made $6 million the last two years, he's due over $11 million the next several years. NJ ownership obviously thought they would have restructured their debt by now.

NJ is no longer a cap team, they have an internal cash budget now. If Parise wants a front-loaded deal, they may not have enough cash for brodeur and Salvador.

Closed Thread