HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oscar Klefbom Thread | 10GP: 0G-3A-3PTS +7

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2012, 04:28 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSwe View Post
Won 4-1 away.

Klefbom = D.O.M.I.N.A.N.T. Holy hell he's winning every battle out there. So confident and huge. Perfect pokechecks in key situations like 2 on 1.

Played both PP1 and SH1. In several PP occasions he attacks the net without puck and stays there for 30-40 sec just waiting for the pass, taking the battle infront of the goalie.

22.27 ice time, most in the team. 2 shots on goal. Should have 1 assist but it says 0 on the official site.

Probably one of the best defensive performances i've ever seen in Färjestad.
This makes me almost a little giddy, wow,

Old
09-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Baggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
This makes me almost a little giddy, wow,
The best thing is, I've seen some of the games SouthSwe has posted on the past. He knows what he's talking about.

Once again, thanks for your continued input SouthSwe

Old
09-27-2012, 04:37 PM
thalegion

South want to come on my podcast over Skype next week and talk some klefbom?

Old
09-27-2012, 04:47 PM
Pointteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangers View Post
The best thing is, I've seen some of the games SouthSwe has posted on the past. He knows what he's talking about.

Once again, thanks for your continued input SouthSwe
yeah, reading about Klefbom has gotten me very excited to have him come over to Edmonton. Thanks for the constant input SouthSwe!
This pick isn't a first overall but could prove to be extremely valuable. He should be such a fantastic player in the NHL.

Old
09-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
Won 4-1 away.

Klefbom = D.O.M.I.N.A.N.T. Holy hell he's winning every battle out there. So confident and huge. Perfect pokechecks in key situations like 2 on 1.

Played both PP1 and SH1. In several PP occasions he attacks the net without puck and stays there for 30-40 sec just waiting for the pass, taking the battle infront of the goalie.

22.27 ice time, most in the team. 2 shots on goal. Should have 1 assist but it says 0 on the official site.

Much appreciated SouthSwe.

Old
09-27-2012, 04:56 PM
thalegion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointteen View Post
yeah, reading about Klefbom has gotten me very excited to have him come over to Edmonton. Thanks for the constant input SouthSwe!
This pick isn't a first overall but could prove to be extremely valuable. He should be such a fantastic player in the NHL.
Hope he grabs offense to go along with D play

Old
09-27-2012, 04:57 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

I want the NHL back, but part of me kinda wants to see "The Nuge v. Klefbom" at the World Juniors.

Old
09-27-2012, 05:05 PM
Dabomb

Southswe.. thanks for all the updates.. you've got me pretty excited about Klef.

Jimmi.. and don't forget about Yakupov

Old
09-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Just Walk Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabomb View Post
Southswe.. thanks for all the updates.. you've got me pretty excited about Klef.

Jimmi.. and don't forget about Yakupov
Oilers Prospect/WJHC all-star team.

Old
09-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Ragan

Quote:
Should have 1 assist but it says 0 on the official site.
Looks like they added that assist now on the 2nd goal.

Old
09-27-2012, 05:30 PM
SouthSwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragan View Post
Looks like they added that assist now on the 2nd goal.
Haven't looked but that's great if that's the case

Old
09-27-2012, 05:39 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Haven't looked but that's great if that's the case
That what the Elitserien stat page says.

Thx, as always, for the updates. Sounds like Klefa is starting the season off very strong. 1a, +4 in 6 GP and some good minutes played. Awesome.

Old
09-27-2012, 06:04 PM
SouthSwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
That what the Elitserien stat page says.

Thx, as always, for the updates. Sounds like Klefa is starting the season off very strong. 1a, +4 in 6 GP and some good minutes played. Awesome.
Lmao I was even lying for u guys, I checked the stats of our last game, without realising it wasn't yet updated.
Here is the real stats, from tonights game.

20.38, 1 assist, +2, 2 hits and 1 shot on goal.

Old
09-27-2012, 06:41 PM
CupofOil

Quote:
Won 4-1 away.

That's great to hear. I am especially glad that he's getting solid PP time, it's important that he develops his offensive game this season. I have higher hopes for him than becoming another Smid and that's not a slight on Smid, i just feel that Klefbom has great 2 way potential.

Thanks for the updates SouthSwe, you 'da man.

Old
10-01-2012, 03:16 PM
jukon
#Nailedit

Any word on NHLers signing with the SEL? Things seem to be going really well for Oscar, I would hate to see some NHLers jump in and bump down his TOI.

Old
10-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

Quote:
Won 4-1 away.

Somehow I missed this, that's some incredible praise!

10-01-2012, 04:01 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by jukon View Post
Any word on NHLers signing with the SEL? Things seem to be going really well for Oscar, I would hate to see some NHLers jump in and bump down his TOI.
Franson just signed in Brynas.

Old
10-01-2012, 04:11 PM
jukon
#Nailedit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Somehow I missed this, that's some incredible praise!
That really is incredible considering Zdeno Chara played for Farjestad during the last lockout. Let me be the first to say Klembom > Chara.

Old
10-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Chubaka7

Hey Everyone, I'm a new poster but have been an avid reader for a couple of years now. Just thought I would give an update on the game today against Linkoping. Farjestad up 5-0 in the second. Klefbom with an assist, 3 SOG, +2 currently.

Old
10-02-2012, 02:34 PM
OneMoreAstronaut
Reduce chainsaw size

vCash: 1360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubaka7 View Post
Hey Everyone, I'm a new poster but have been an avid reader for a couple of years now. Just thought I would give an update on the game today against Linkoping. Farjestad up 5-0 in the second. Klefbom with an assist, 3 SOG, +2 currently.
More Klefbom updaters! Welcome aboard, wonderful to hear the news is good

Old
10-02-2012, 02:49 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:

Welcome! More reports are always great to read.

Klefbom has now matched his point total from last season. Great start for him. I really like that he's +6 in his 8th game too.

Old
10-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

You know what I like about SouthSwe?

I like the fact that he's hyping the holy hell out of Klefbom for us and he actually seems to have some real good hockey knowledge, is straightforward about the assessments, and gives a detailed description of what is happening with this player. And He's consistant in posting the updates as well!

What a fantastic difference from some of the posters we've had previously letting us know about certain prospects from the same general area of the world.

Thanks again for the updates Southswe, and keep up the good work.

I'm really getting excited to see Klefbom at training camp next year. It's gonna be a long wait.

Old
10-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Calamus

Did he even play in the 3rd? I checked the TOI after 2 and it was the same as at the end.

Something like 13/14 mins.

Old
10-02-2012, 05:34 PM
SouthSwe

Like Chubaka said we had a game today but first the game 3 days ago.
Skellefteå away, lost 1-2. Yet again winning the shots, 41-30 and yet again being the better team but we just can't get the puck into the net.

Klefa played 20.42. 3 SOG and 3 wide.

After winning the shots in 6 of the 7 played games we today decided to lose 20-36 in that column but instead win the game 7-2. Explain that my friends.
We were up 3-0 after 4 min and this night it was finally our time to be lucky with the bounces and such.
Even tho we were up 6-0 after 2 periods we didn't score in any of our 6 PP's... 1/8 after the game. And like I said only 24 shots in total.

Oscar played 13.59, 1 assist, +2, 3 shots on goal.
Dunno why he didn't play more, didn't see him leave the ice either.

Otherwise another great game by him today. I wud say the biggest difference from last season is that he's now got coinfidence, using his body more and is much more calm in his decisions. If someone takes the puck from him alongside the boards he just steal it back easy peasy.

Today he was the last D on offensive blue when a pass jumped his stick and the other team got a breakaway 1 on 0, but Klefbom made it back just as the other guy fired the shot, then Klefa pushed himself infront when they chased for the rebound in the corner, and the other guy slashed the stick out of Oscars hands and we got a PP.

Just one of the examples.
He also played in SH1 today.

Old
10-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Bryanbryoil
The Oilers Best

Quote:
Thank you very much for the update and welcome to HFOil!

Quote:
Like Chubaka said we had a game today but first the game 3 days ago.
Skellefteå away, lost 1-2. Yet again winning the shots, 41-30 and yet again being the better team but we just can't get the puck into the net.

Klefa played 20.42. 3 SOG and 3 wide.

After winning the shots in 6 of the 7 played games we today decided to lose 20-36 in that column but instead win the game 7-2. Explain that my friends.
We were up 3-0 after 4 min and this night it was finally our time to be lucky with the bounces and such.
Even tho we were up 6-0 after 2 periods we didn't score in any of our 6 PP's... 1/8 after the game. And like I said only 24 shots in total.

Oscar played 13.59, 1 assist, +2, 3 shots on goal.
Dunno why he didn't play more, didn't see him leave the ice either.

Otherwise another great game by him today. I wud say the biggest difference from last season is that he's now got coinfidence, using his body more and is much more calm in his decisions. If someone takes the puck from him alongside the boards he just steal it back easy peasy.

Today he was the last D on offensive blue when a pass jumped his stick and the other team got a breakaway 1 on 0, but Klefbom made it back just as the other guy fired the shot, then Klefa pushed himself infront when they chased for the rebound in the corner, and the other guy slashed the stick out of Oscars hands and we got a PP.

Just one of the examples.
He also played in SH1 today.
As always thanks again for the updates I like the fact that he has been looking to shoot the puck, 6 shots in the last 2 games is a great sign in that department. Even the best get caught up ice from time to time, but instead of dogging it, he made sure that there'd be no easy rebound score. Love that compete level. Also very pleased to hear that he is winning a lot of battles, while the SEL may not be as physical as the AHL or NHL, there are a lot of big and strong Scandinavian boys and men there so it's not like he's winning puck battles against weaklings.

Closed Thread