HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oscar Klefbom Thread | 10GP: 0G-3A-3PTS +7

Closed Thread

Old
10-06-2012, 03:29 PM
winther88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjosie View Post
Dear swedes, the tv announcers just spent a few minutes talking up klefbom and showing charts with him and other players like Steen. Did you see it? WHAT WERE THEY SAYING!! ) what a baller
Klefbom just keeps dominating. He was our best defender once again tonight and his defensive play is just awesome. He has an amazing accuracy in his pokechecks and he's also winning all the puck battles along the boards.

For those of you who wondered what the announcers said. They praised him the whole game and during the second intermission he was named the defenceman of the week in whole SEL. The swedish broadcasters are picking a team of the week every week the entire season to get the team of the season by the end of the season. Klefbom is right now one of the two defenders in the league that has gotten most votes so far this year.

21.42 was Klefbom's icetime tonight. He aslo had three shots, two of them on goal and was very close to score the game winning goal in overtime. We later won the game on penalties anyways and with Klefbom as our best player we have now won five of the last six games.

Old
10-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Hynh

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Maybe not full year, but have him get used to NA style for some games. if he excels then bring him up and keep him there.

I wouldn't feel comfortable throwing a 20 year old defensemen (next year) into the fire.

But I agree he wil most likely be to good for AHL
Could he come over for the AHL after his season is done in Sweden? Or does the WHC come too soon afterwards?

Old
10-06-2012, 04:02 PM
SouthSwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by winther88 View Post
Klefbom just keeps dominating. He was our best defender once again tonight and his defensive play is just awesome. He has an amazing accuracy in his pokechecks and he's also winning all the puck battles along the boards.

For those of you who wondered what the announcers said. They praised him the whole game and during the second intermission he was named the defenceman of the week in whole SEL. The swedish broadcasters are picking a team of the week every week the entire season to get the team of the season by the end of the season. Klefbom is right now one of the two defenders in the league that has gotten most votes so far this year.

21.42 was Klefbom's icetime tonight. He aslo had three shots, two of them on goal and was very close to score the game winning goal in overtime. We later won the game on penalties anyways and with Klefbom as our best player we have now won five of the last six games.
And that 6th game that we lossed was probably our best game this season. Sport is weird sometimes. Todays game was perhaps are worst this season. Only 12 shots after 2 periods, but at the same time Modo is the best team we'we played yet.

Very strong to take 2 points.
Glad some of u watched the game, too bad it was quite a boring one to watch, atleast live.
Btw is that stream always live for the SEL games?

Klefbom also got picked as Färjestad player of the game I think.

Old
10-06-2012, 04:20 PM
jebs

Quote:

Thanks, thats great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSwe View Post
And that 6th game that we lossed was probably our best game this season. Sport is weird sometimes. Todays game was perhaps are worst this season. Only 12 shots after 2 periods, but at the same time Modo is the best team we'we played yet.

Very strong to take 2 points.
Glad some of u watched the game, too bad it was quite a boring one to watch, atleast live.
Btw is that stream always live for the SEL games?

Klefbom also got picked as Färjestad player of the game I think.
Were in a lockout over here.. Any live hockey we can watch is far from boring..

Not sure, first time ive used that stream. Dont always find one for SEL games, got lucky today.

Old
10-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Pucklington

Could we add a running tally for G, A, and +/- similar to Yakupov's thread?

Old
10-06-2012, 04:47 PM
SouthSwe

Old
10-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucklington View Post
Could we add a running tally for G, A, and +/- similar to Yakupov's thread?
Done.

Also, RKD with the scoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ryandittrick
#Oilers brass were in attendance this past week watching Oscar Klefbom's progress in Sweden > farjestadbk.se/artikel/29101/

Utilizing my skill with Google Translate, Klefbom had this to say about what the #Oilers saw in Farjestad's 3 wins: "They were quite happy."

Old
10-06-2012, 04:54 PM
ZugNugget

Quote:
I didn't realize Klefbom was playing RD.

Old
10-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugNugget View Post
I don't think he is. He definitely wasn't today.

Old
10-06-2012, 05:03 PM
winther88

Some quotes from Oscar after the game tonight:

Quote:
It feels like I made the right decision to stay here in Sweden for one more year. If I would have chosen to play in North America I would've had to play in the AHL and that's not what I wanted. Now I get a lot of icetime here instead and that is great for my development.
Quote:
It went very well for me in the WJC last year and since then I have been feeling great out there. I'm confident in myself and I feel like I handle the puck a lot better. Now I just hope that I can continue to play at this level the whole season, it's a tough competition for a spot in our team and I really need to play my best to get icetime.
Quote:
The Oiler staff that has been here to see me the last three games were very satisfied with my performances.
Source: http://www.farjestadbk.se/artikel/29101/

Old
10-06-2012, 05:04 PM
winther88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugNugget View Post
That list is wrong. He has been playing on the left side the entire season.

Old
10-06-2012, 05:13 PM
runeeres
Seasons in the Abyss

I just tweeted Ole-Kristian Tollefsen about Kleva and if he's ready for the NHL next season. His reply: "Kleva is a travelling star. How good he'll be and where he'll play is only up to himself. "Kleva the machine"."

That's a strong compliment from a veteran.

Old
10-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Hockey Nightmare

What is his offensive potential? Is he a stay at home?

Old
10-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
That list is wrong. He has been playing on the left side the entire season.
He can play both sides comfortably though (from my limited viewings). Played the right side on his pairing with Brodin at last years WJC. That is yet another attribute he brings. Very excited to see this player next year.

Old
10-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Ones View Post
What is his offensive potential? Is he a stay at home?
two way D-man if he polishes up his offensive game. great first pass and smooth skater. nothing wrong with a stay at home D-man but that's a bit of a disservice to label him as one this early I believe. just because there is just so much potential there for a great all round defenseman. it's crazy.

Last edited by Philly85: 10-06-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old
10-08-2012, 02:55 AM
tjosie

Quote:

Thanks!! I was really curious, they seemed to be speaking highly of him. It's exciting that not only oilers fans are psyched about him!!!

Old
10-09-2012, 12:07 PM
SouthSwe

Klefbom out injured after only 1.42 of tonights game. Fell badly into the boards.

Old
10-09-2012, 12:13 PM
BlueChip01
HFBoards Sponsor

Dammit!

Old
10-09-2012, 12:15 PM
worraps
Acceptance

vCash: 50
Quote:
Klefbom out injured after only 1.42 of tonights game. Fell badly into the boards.
He's officially an Oiler.

We need to sign someone willing to stand up to these boards. First they put RNH on the shelf for the better part of 2 months and now this.

Old
10-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Gahdammit. Oilers fans, this is why we can't have nice things...

Old
10-09-2012, 12:20 PM
OiledUp

Quote:
Came to post this.

Old
10-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Quote:
Waiting to hear how bad it is...

Old
10-09-2012, 12:45 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
Waiting to hear how bad it is...

Since when did we put a glass box around the panic button around here?

Old
10-09-2012, 12:46 PM
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C

of course...he's an Oiler

Nail will get injured celebrating a goal, just watch

Old
10-09-2012, 01:06 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
hopefully it isn't too serious, but we don't know the severity yet, so have to wait and see.... would sure suck for him to miss a bunch of time when he is doing so well right now

Closed Thread