HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oscar Klefbom Thread | 10GP: 0G-3A-3PTS +7

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2013, 05:42 PM
McClelland

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
The only struggling they're doing is on the scoresheet. They aren't any less effective at generating scoring chances.

Eberle is a career 15.4% shooter scoring at a 7.3% rate
Hall is a career 12.5% shooter scoring at a 6.1% rate
Nuge is a career 13.4% shooter scoring at a rate of 0% (4% if he scored on his next shot)

Eberle averaged 2.3 shots/game until this year. Now he's averaging 3.2
Hall averaged 3.1 shots/game until this year. Now he's averaging 3.8
RNH averaged 2.2 shots/game last year. Now he's averaging 2.0

Eberle had 42 assists last year in 78 games. He's on pace for 36 in 78 this season.
Hall had 26 assists last year in 61 games. He's on pace for 42 in 61 this season.
Nuge had 34 assists last year in 62 games. He's on pace for 31 in 62 this season.

The "struggling stars" are putting up better or the same offensive numbers that they've always put up in every area other than shooting percentage. Those shooting percentages are less than half of what they've done to this point in their careers across the board. That's more bad luck than anything, and certainly not a result of playing in the AHL. The AHL didn't somehow make them all worse shooters. The AHL isn't the reason RNH has missed the net 1.25 times per game. The nets are the same size in the AHL as they are in the majors.
They have outshot their opponents, and created chances as you show, some posters cant take underlying stats to their mind,because it doesnt support their own oneyed observations, and uses the scorecard as a bibel, who plays good or bad.

They gonna find the net pretty soon, if they continue to dominate their shifts. book it!

Old
03-19-2013, 09:08 AM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
The only struggling they're doing is on the scoresheet. They aren't any less effective at generating scoring chances.

Eberle is a career 15.4% shooter scoring at a 7.3% rate
Hall is a career 12.5% shooter scoring at a 6.1% rate
Nuge is a career 13.4% shooter scoring at a rate of 0% (4% if he scored on his next shot)

Eberle averaged 2.3 shots/game until this year. Now he's averaging 3.2
Hall averaged 3.1 shots/game until this year. Now he's averaging 3.8
RNH averaged 2.2 shots/game last year. Now he's averaging 2.0

Eberle had 42 assists last year in 78 games. He's on pace for 36 in 78 this season.
Hall had 26 assists last year in 61 games. He's on pace for 42 in 61 this season.
Nuge had 34 assists last year in 62 games. He's on pace for 31 in 62 this season.

The "struggling stars" are putting up better or the same offensive numbers that they've always put up in every area other than shooting percentage. Those shooting percentages are less than half of what they've done to this point in their careers across the board. That's more bad luck than anything, and certainly not a result of playing in the AHL. The AHL didn't somehow make them all worse shooters. The AHL isn't the reason RNH has missed the net 1.25 times per game. The nets are the same size in the AHL as they are in the majors.
you arent saying "Unsustainable Shooting Percentage" are you??

Old
03-27-2013, 01:28 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

vCash: 500
Just ran by this fact:

List of Tournament All-Star Defensemen at the WJHC since 2002 that were 18 or younger:
Jay Bouwmeester - 2002 (18)
Dion Phaneuf - 2004 (18)
Luc Bourdon - 2006 (18)
Jack Johnson - 2006 (18)
Erik Johnson - 2007 (18)
Drew Doughty - 2008 (18)
Victor Hedman - 2008 (17)
Erik Karlsson - 2009 (18)
Oscar Klefbom - 2012 (18)

Pretty lofty club of guys to be part of, I'd have to say.

Hopefully he can join Farjestad for the playoffs this year so we can see what he can do.

EDIT: Add Jacob Trouba (WPG) to that list. Amazing because he's being heralded as a defensive defenseman but has produced some stellar numbers in his rookie year at UMich.

Last edited by The Perfect Human*: 03-27-2013 at 02:27 AM.
Old
03-27-2013, 01:35 AM
timekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Just ran by this fact:

List of Tournament All-Star Defensemen at the WJHC since 2002 that were 18 or younger:
Jay Bouwmeester - 2002 (18)
Dion Phaneuf - 2004 (18)
Luc Bourdon - 2006 (18)
Jack Johnson - 2006 (18)
Erik Johnson - 2007 (18)
Drew Doughty - 2008 (18)
Victor Hedman - 2008 (17)
Erik Karlsson - 2009 (18)
Oscar Klefbom - 2012 (18)

Pretty lofty club of guys to be part of, I'd have to say.

Hopefully he can join Farjestad for the playoffs this year so we can see what he can do.
Thats impressive company.

Old
03-27-2013, 08:02 PM
jukon
#Nailedit

Any word on him playing either in the SEL or AHL?

Old
03-27-2013, 09:10 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

HF just ranked him 22nd amongst all prospects in their Spring rankings, just 1 behind Brodin.

Him and Brodin have taken identical jumps in the rankings.

Given the Calder talk and hype Brodin's been getting, that must mean Klefbom has made huge strides in his game.

Old
03-28-2013, 07:43 AM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
HF just ranked him 22nd amongst all prospects in their Spring rankings, just 1 behind Brodin.

Him and Brodin have taken identical jumps in the rankings.

Given the Calder talk and hype Brodin's been getting, that must mean Klefbom has made huge strides in his game.
Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see how they are able to justify Klefbom jumping from 29th to 22nd place. He hasn't been playing since October...

Seems as if they just attached him to Brodin seeing as they were at 28th and 29th place last time and now 21st and 22nd. Maybe they made a "copy/paste" mistake and happened to move Klefbom at the same time as they were moving Brodin.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:05 AM
winther88

I just came of the phone after a nice chat with Klefbom.

Oscar told me that he's going to travel to Edmonton April 7th. He will be in town for nearly three weeks and Oilers wants him to be ready to jump in if they could claim a playoff spot.

He also said that the Oilers wants him to play together with Justin Schultz. Apparently Krueger also told Oscar to watch Nick Schultz closely and try to learn from his style of play.

Oscar also said that he feels stronger than ever after his rehab and that he's really looking forward to next season. He moves to Edmonton in September and said that the city was the best place to be in the NHL for a rookie.

A longer interview with Oscar will be presented att hockeysverige.se this weekend.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:18 AM
Nail and Nuge

Quote:
Originally Posted by winther88 View Post

Oscar told me that he's going to travel to Edmonton April 7th. He will be in town for nearly three weeks and Oilers wants him to be ready to jump in if they could claim a playoff spot.

He also said that the Oilers wants him to play together with Justin Schultz. Apparently Krueger also told Oscar to watch Nick Schultz closely and try to learn from his style of play.

Oscar also said that he feels stronger than ever after his rehab and that he's really looking forward to next season. He moves to Edmonton in September and said that the city was the best place to be in the NHL for a rookie.

A longer interview with Oscar will be presented att hockeysverige.se this weekend.
Great update. Thank you.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:21 AM
alphahelix

Damn that sounds pretty intense for a kid just coming off an injury-wasted season.

Old
03-28-2013, 08:21 AM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
Quote:

can you call him back and say "no dont do that" to the boled part?

Thanks

ALso thanks for the update appreciated.

Old
03-28-2013, 10:35 AM
SephF
5-14-6-1

Quote:

Thanks a lot for the update, we appreciate it.

Old
03-28-2013, 11:00 AM
Grod
The New Era Lives On

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
can you call him back and say "no dont do that" to the boled part?

Thanks

ALso thanks for the update appreciated.
I really got a kick out of that part of the post. Really Ralph? You really wanna Wreck him?

Nick Schultz is no the person to model your game after. Certainly not for a kid with a world of talent aspiring to stud defensive pro. It might almost be more beneficial to tell him to watch his game, find the flaws and understand how you could be better. Then go watch footage of someone like Pronger or even Ryan Suter then model those playing styles. Call the Men In Black, have them flash your memory of Schultz and then have a successful career.

Exciting news nonetheless. Thanks Winther.

Last edited by Grod: 03-28-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old
03-28-2013, 11:45 AM
winther88

No problem guys. I know how much I appreciate it when someone else tells me about an interview that they have done with certain players, and since I have much contact with the younger Swedish NHL'ers I thought that I could share some info.

Oscar also told me that he has been watching the Oilers closely this season to learn as much as possible of the system that Edmonton's using. He said that he felt that the team have had some troubles in their own end and was confident that he could help the Oilers out in that aspect next season.

He also felt that the management had much confidence in him and they wanted him to play with the Oilers as early as this season. During his rehab Oscar and Färjestad have talked with the Oilers at least five times a week to make sure that he gets the proper treatment for his shoulder.

I talked with Pääjärvi earlier this year as well and both he and Klefbom loves to be part of the Oilers organization. Klefbom was especially impressed with West Edmonton Mall and that everyone talks about hockey everywhere in the city.

Furthermore he joked about punishing Taylor Hall for what he did to Klefbom's buddy Jonas Brodin earlier this year. We'll see what happens at camp... ;-)

Old
03-28-2013, 11:56 AM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
No problem guys. I know how much I appreciate it when someone else tells me about an interview that they have done with certain players, and since I have much contact with the younger Swedish NHL'ers I thought that I could share some info.

Oscar also told me that he has been watching the Oilers closely this season to learn as much as possible of the system that Edmonton's using. He said that he felt that the team have had some troubles in their own end and was confident that he could help the Oilers out in that aspect next season.

He also felt that the management had much confidence in him and they wanted him to play with the Oilers as early as this season. During his rehab Oscar and Färjestad have talked with the Oilers at least five times a week to make sure that he gets the proper treatment for his shoulder.

I talked with Pääjärvi earlier this year as well and both he and Klefbom loves to be part of the Oilers organization. Klefbom was especially impressed with West Edmonton Mall and that everyone talks about hockey everywhere in the city.

Furthermore he joked about punishing Taylor Hall for what he did to Klefbom's buddy Jonas Brodin earlier this year. We'll see what happens at camp... ;-)
Hopefully it was 100% joking because it'd be horrible if either Klefa or Hall got hurt because of something that was done to an opposing player. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing him play on this side of the pond. Is Farjestad still playing at this point?

03-28-2013, 12:05 PM
winther88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Hopefully it was 100% joking because it'd be horrible if either Klefa or Hall got hurt because of something that was done to an opposing player. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing him play on this side of the pond. Is Farjestad still playing at this point?
Färjestad is still playing, yes. They are now going up against Luleå in the semifinal of the SEL playoffs.

And I can assure you that there's no doubt that he was joking about Hall. Since I know that Klefbom and Brodin are very good friends I asked him about the hit from Hall and Oscar just laughed and said that he had to have a talk with Hall about that.

Furthermore he told me how impressed he was with the level of skill the Oilers had and Hall was one of the players he praised the most.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:11 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Färjestad is still playing, yes. They are now going up against Luleå in the semifinal of the SEL playoffs.

And I can assure you that there's no doubt that he was joking about Hall. Since I know that Klefbom and Brodin are very good friends I asked him about the hit from Hall and Oscar just laughed and said that he had to have a talk with Hall about that.

Furthermore he told me how impressed he was with the level of skill the Oilers had and Hall was one of the players he praised the most.
Thanks. No one wants to see their friend hurt like that. I'm really looking forward to seeing him make his way over here. Definitely our best prospect not currently in the NHL and by a sizable margin IMO.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:11 PM
scid14

Quote:

I love the bolded Glad he's focused on getting completely healthy. And what confidence from a young man to bring. I'm sure he will be able to help out.

Old
03-28-2013, 12:50 PM
Dabomb

Gotta love those Swedish players.. great character and attitude. Can't wait to see him play in North America.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:02 PM
jalbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabomb View Post
Gotta love those Swedish players.. great character and attitude. Can't wait to see him play in North America.
Definitely the next Oiler Jersey I buy will sport his name on the back

Old
03-28-2013, 01:09 PM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Thanks for the update. It's unbelievable how excited I'm getting for him to come over. Moreso than I was for Schultz and Yak even

Old
03-28-2013, 01:13 PM
Moose Coleman

Quote:
"You've got the leeches on there for regular bloodletting right?"

Old
03-28-2013, 01:13 PM
oiler-dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabomb View Post
Well, except for that one guy in our system.

Thanks for the update, much appreciated, and certainly sounds good. Interesting that the Oil may look to have him in the lineup this season still.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:18 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Can't wait until this kid is a full time Oiler.

Old
03-28-2013, 01:51 PM
scid14

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiler-dude View Post
Well, except for that one guy in our system.

Thanks for the update, much appreciated, and certainly sounds good. Interesting that the Oil may look to have him in the lineup this season still.
Paajarvi?

Closed Thread