HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Oscar Klefbom Thread | 10GP: 0G-3A-3PTS +7

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2013, 02:43 AM
OiledUp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragss View Post
This season people who have watched him play were saying he was often the best D man on the team, which included Brodin--who is now doing quite well in the NHL. There is a reason for the hype.
Brodin didn't play for Färjestad this season, he went to NA. Other then that you're right Klefbom was the best D on his team and arguably in the SEL before his injury and in the latter parts of the 11/12 season he actually outplayed Brodin imo.

Old
04-21-2013, 05:02 AM
jgoud

He was also ranked higher (about 8 spots) than Brodin by ISS just before his draft. The kids upside is huge.

Old
04-21-2013, 08:01 AM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

I don't think its out of the realm of possibility that Klefbom is on the roster, and better than what we've had on the 3rd pairing.

Hopefully we can pick up a first pairing Defenceman.

Badger Schultz - XXX
Petry - Smid
Klefbom - N Schultz

Old
04-21-2013, 08:50 AM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

vCash: 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post
I don't think its out of the realm of possibility that Klefbom is on the roster, and better than what we've had on the 3rd pairing.

Badger Schultz - XXX
Petry - Smid
Klefbom - N Schultz
By the looks of that soft D, that #1 better be a Weber/Pronger type that can also knock some forwards around along with leading the D in points..I really doubt we're going to get that player so that will mean we need some tougher D as well. I'd rather have Fistric for the bottom D instead of Schultz so that #1 doesn't have to be everything. Plus, he'd be cheaper than Schultz, who isn't worth his 3.5m...

Old
04-21-2013, 06:23 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valic View Post

Badger Schultz - XXX
Petry - Smid
Klefbom - N Schultz
Jesus Schultz shouldn't be anywhere near the top pairing next year.
He needs to play 3rd pairing minutes to be really successful until he puts in a few more years.
I wouldn't mind seeing Klefa paired with J Schultz, 3rd pairing minutes, so long as they aren't overwhelmed.

Old
04-21-2013, 06:59 PM
Philly85
Moody'

If they do bring him in, straight to the NHL I mean, I sure as hell hope they get a good top 4 veteran D man via trade or otherwise to shelter or tutor the kid in some way. I don't care how good he is or could be, I dont want to see the kid brought in by himself to an already struggling D corps with coaching staff and management expecting him to be a top 4 guy and "cure" for them right away.

Old
04-21-2013, 07:16 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Jesus Schultz shouldn't be anywhere near the top pairing next year.
He needs to play 3rd pairing minutes to be really successful until he puts in a few more years.
I wouldn't mind seeing Klefa paired with J Schultz, 3rd pairing minutes, so long as they aren't overwhelmed.
I agree we need to keep Justin's time down. Play him bottom 4 with big minutes on the PP. I'd like to see us bring in Streit and run with

Smid - Petry
Klefbom - Streit
Schultz - Schultz
Fistric
Potter

04-21-2013, 07:22 PM
HopelessOilFan

The way i see it, our D core should be set going into next season without klefbom on it.

If he forces someone else out of a spot, then you make room for him, otherwise you let him develop in the AHL.

If the oilers have any sort of hope of him coming in and playing big minutes right off the start, or in the NHL at all, then they are even more stupid than i thought.

What we need to do is re sign fistric, whitney if he was willing to sign a cheap deal and get a legit top 4 Dman.

Smid Petry
Streit Schultz
Schultz Whitney
Fistric

Not world beaters, but to expect much more this off season is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:10 AM
Bank Shot

No. Just No to starting Klefbom in the NHL next season. The Oilers shouldn't have a single rookie in their lineup on the opening day of the regular season.

Enough is enough. If they are serious about competing they need to get some effective players who can grow beards to fill the roster holes.

The Oilers already look to have Yakupov, Schultz, Hartikainen, and possibly Lander on the team. That's 4 guys with only half an NHL season. That's enough rookies already.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:20 AM
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessOilFan View Post
The way i see it, our D core should be set going into next season without klefbom on it.

If he forces someone else out of a spot, then you make room for him, otherwise you let him develop in the AHL.

If the oilers have any sort of hope of him coming in and playing big minutes right off the start, or in the NHL at all, then they are even more stupid than i thought.

What we need to do is re sign fistric, whitney if he was willing to sign a cheap deal and get a legit top 4 Dman.

Smid Petry
Streit Schultz
Schultz Whitney
Fistric

Not world beaters, but to expect much more this off season is setting yourself up for disappointment.
That D is butter soft. If they are re-signing Whitney to a 1 year contract, I hope they go out and sign/trade for a physical top 4 d-man in Regehr/Mitchell mode.

Old
04-22-2013, 12:26 AM
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

vCash: 50
Breaking news: Klefbom saw how horrible the oilers were from the pressbox that he took the first plane back to Sweden

Old
04-22-2013, 10:04 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post
I think each player is different and good communication from the coaches could make the road between AHL and NHL easier. A guy like Paajarvi is a perfect example who someone who used the AHL as a tool.

I hope the team isn't pencilling him in already. Go get a Streit and try to add another top 4 guy through trade and if Klefbom impresses in camp, then make a deal from a position of strength.
Ideally you hope you can make him see the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Biscuits View Post
I'm sure Paajarvi's dad watchs a lot of Swedish Elite League hockey I would take his word above most of our scouts, we are very guilty of rushing prospects as an organization. Paajarvi and Lander were both rushed into the NHL sooner than they should have been, they seem to be gaining traction despite that, but a better organized and longer term approach to developing them would have been nice to see.

I don't want to gift wrap Klefbom a spot, he should earn it and some AHL time isn't going to hurt him anyway. If he played the full year in the SEL and looked as dominant as the swedish posters made him sound then sure, but coming off an injury you don't want a rookie shaking off the rust playing NHL games. Let him play 20-30 games in the AHL if he looks ready than make the call.
I have no issue with him saying what he said. Nice to see someone from Sweden taking a more conservative route and not hyping the kid up further.

Old
04-22-2013, 08:59 PM
s7ark

New thread is up.

Closed Thread