HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Chicago Blackhawks 2012 draft review

Old
06-29-2012, 04:00 PM
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Chicago Blackhawks 2012 draft review

The Chicago Blackhawks selected eight players at the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, including four forwards, two defensemen, and two goaltenders. The club's top selection, Finnish forward Teuvo Teravainen, was the lone European prospect selected in this year's class while there were four Canadian Major Junior prospects and three NCAA-bound players drafted out of the Junior A and high school levels.

While some outlets expected Chicago to add a goaltender in the first round, the club instead continued the trend of drafting netminders in the later rounds. The team took two goalies in the seventh round after picking up an extra seventh round pick by swapping this year's fourth round pick (Christophe Lalancette) with San Jose for the Sharks fourth round pick in 2013.… read more

More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 04:45 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Good read. Really excited about a draft class I wasn't expecting much out of going into it.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 05:14 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Good read. Really excited about a draft class I wasn't expecting much out of going into it.
I really think this says it all. I wasn't super impressed by any of the big names on the list for the first round, and I just don't know much about TT. It seems like there may have been some gems here though... I really hope Whitney turns out.

zytz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 06:43 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Bowman has not shown us any reason that he is bad at drafting

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 09:53 AM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Bowman has not shown us any reason that he is bad at drafting
While that is true, this draft was not expected to be a very good draft class, and we had the 18th pick in a not-so-great draft class. That's why I, and probably most, didn't expect too much going in.

I was pretty pleased with the results though.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 09:57 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
While that is true, this draft was not expected to be a very good draft class, and we had the 18th pick in a not-so-great draft class. That's why I, and probably most, didn't expect too much going in.

I was pretty pleased with the results though.
Exactly. I thought we'd be coming out of the first round with a Stefan Mattaeu, Brady Skeji or Slater Koekoek with an outside chance at a Lindholm or Girgensons.. to not only come out with a player as talented as Teravainen, but with a couple other real solid projects and a potential jem in Whitney in the 7th round; The draft went much better than I'd hoped/expected.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 06:06 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I don't get this. Every year, there are prospects going to fall down deep. Ebert was the best example... from Top5 to Mr Irrelevant within 1 year

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote