HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Justin Schultz Part IV - Decision tomorrow (6/30)

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
Question. Do you think the oilers/canucks fans will BOOO him when he plays in either city (aka canucks boo if oilers, and oilers boo if canucks).

I think both fanbases at the game would be stupid enough to do it, and have huge hate campaign against this kid.

Old
WarriorofTime

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
I don't get it either. He's selfish because a lot of teams are interested in him and he's taking every opportunity available to him to make the decision that works best for him?
He's a liar with a big head.

Old
hfboardsuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Hope he'll sign with the Oilers and help them NOT to get the first overall pick next June.
That's what I don't get.

April 10th, 2012- 'OMG OILERZ SUCK NO SHAME WHY DONT THEY SIGN SOME FREE AGENTS AND NOT TANK'

June 29th, 2012- 'OMG OILERZ R DESPERATE WHY DO THEY WANT SCHULTS'

Anyone seriously smearing Gretzky, Coffey or the Oilers for pulling out all the stops should just stop watching any and all competitive sports right the hell now. Those folks clearly cannot tolerate anyone trying really hard to accomplish something.

Old
06-29-2012, 08:17 PM
Luuuongo
Crabs!

Does someone want to make a vBookie bet on where he will sign?

I'll enter with all 50 of my cash.

Old
Gusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuuongo View Post
After his contract is up in 2 years, he is a UFA right?
No, I'm fairly certain that he'll be an RFA since it'll be after his entry level contract.

Old
medhatcanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagorim Jarg View Post
Everyone giving a ridiculous amount of attention to something pretty trivial
And how is Lebron James trivial? He is a monetary franchise on his own. His jersey sales and merchandise must equate to 10's if not 100's of million of dollars.

In regards to Schultz. Welcome to hockey bud. In Canada we smoke weed, drink beer, and watch hockey.

Old
06-29-2012, 08:18 PM
Lundface

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVRallday View Post
Schultz will get 100x more hate if he chooses the Leafs.
I honestly don't think so. I actually happen to respect the leafs for atleast trying to do well. I hate Burke more than any other person in hockey, but you have quite honestly the most loyal fan base in the league.

Gets some what annoying when you overrate your players, but who doesn't

If he signs in Vancouver however he will be hated. Vancouver making the finals proved that...almost everyone watching was routing for them to lose

Old
06-29-2012, 08:18 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

betting on edmonton or ottawa. Kid's going to see the potential to play big minutes now.

and the lebron comparisons really arnt necessary. Schultz has gone about his business quietly, TSN and the canadian media turned this into a circus, not him.

06-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Luuuongo
Crabs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusher View Post
No, I'm fairly certain that he'll be an RFA since it'll be after his entry level contract.
Ahh okay. I was unaware you could receive RFA status after becoming UFA.

Old
06-29-2012, 08:20 PM
RipsADrive
Maybe next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Hope he'll sign with the Oilers and help them NOT to get the first overall pick next June.
I'm an Oilers fan and I agree whole heartedly with this.

Old
medhatcanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
betting on edmonton or ottawa. Kid's going to see the potential to play big minutes now.

and the lebron comparisons really arnt necessary. Schultz has gone about his business quietly, TSN and the canadian media turned this into a circus, not him.
This. His only misstep was his relationship with Anahiem, and at this time I'm not 100% convinced that he was/is in the wrong

Old
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Question. Do you think the oilers/canucks fans will BOOO him when he plays in either city (aka canucks boo if oilers, and oilers boo if canucks).

I think both fanbases at the game would be stupid enough to do it, and have huge hate campaign against this kid.
Of course he'll be "boo'd" just like any other opposing player. Oiler fans didnt have a hate on for Hossa when he said "thanks, but no thanks" even though we offered the most cash. Heatley was different circumstances as far as I'm concerned. He's just an all around ******....I think Minny are the only ones that like him?

Quote:
Does someone want to make a vBookie bet on where he will sign?

I'll enter with all 50 of my cash.
HaHa is that possible?

Old
06-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Gusher

I wonder if Bobby Mac knows which team Schultz is likely to announce tomorrow, but just can't reveal that info. He was obviously given the tip to say as much as he has.

Is it Saturday yet? Crap.

Old
06-29-2012, 08:21 PM
e46330ivs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatcanuck View Post
And how is Lebron James trivial? He is a monetary franchise on his own. His jersey sales and merchandise must equate to 10's if not 100's of million of dollars.

In regards to Schultz. Welcome to hockey bud. In Canada we smoke weed, drink beer, and watch hockey.

word

Old
06-29-2012, 08:22 PM
Luuuongo
Crabs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusher View Post
I wonder if Bobby Mac knows which team Schultz is likely to announce tomorrow, but just can't reveal that info. He was obviously given the tip to say as much as he as.

Is it Saturday yet? Crap.
I doubt it. His job is release that information.

Old
Beziro

You have to give credit to this kid. He has done nothing out of the ordinary, other than follow the process and rules of being a UFA. Every free agent goes through the same process year after year. On July 1st, we won't find out where Parise, Suter, Garrison, etc will end up right away. We may have to wait a few days, a week, or more. I know he hasn't played an NHL game as of today but he has earned his right to this point and we should accept it. Its a business, you just have to be patient and allow the cards to fall where they may.

The media and NHL fans have heightened the expectations because he is a young up-and-coming prospect but he has not said anything out of nature and has kept things close to his chest. Even the "experts" have no idea where he will end up. In today's social media age, that's very hard to do and I applaud him for that.

He didn't end up on my team. However, regardless of where he chooses to play hockey, I hope he does well and has a great career for the next 20 years. The game of hockey needs more stars to grow the game. I'd love to see the next Nicklas Lidstrom! I will be cheering him on, regardless if he ends up in VAN, EDM, TOR, OTT, NYR, MIN, TB. And I hope all of you will cheer on Justin as well, whether he picks your team or not.

Good luck to all the teams in the running tomorrow and may the best team win the rights to Justin Schultz.

Old
LukeD
On Fire

Bout time LeBron makes his decision.

Old
06-29-2012, 08:23 PM
Gusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beziro View Post
You have to give credit to this kid. He has done nothing out of the ordinary, other than follow the process and rules of being a UFA. Every free agent goes through the same process year after year. On July 1st, we won't find out where Parise, Suter, Garrison, etc will end up right away. We may have to wait a few days, a week, or more. I know he hasn't played an NHL game as of today but he has earned his right to this point and we should accept it. Its a business, you just have to be patient and allow the cards to fall where they may.

The media and NHL fans have heightened the expectations because he is a young up-and-coming prospect but he has not said anything out of nature and has kept things close to his chest. Even the "experts" have no idea where he will end up. In today's social media age, that's very hard to do and I applaud him for that.

He didn't end up on my team. However, regardless of where he chooses to play hockey, I hope he does well and has a great career for the next 20 years. The game of hockey needs more stars to grow the game. I'd love to see the next Nicklas Lidstrom! I will be cheering him on, regardless if he ends up in VAN, EDM, TOR, OTT, NYR, MIN, TB. And I hope all of you will cheer on Justin as well, whether he picks your team or not.

Good luck to all the teams in the running tomorrow and may the best team win the rights to Justin Schultz.
Very well said. Kudos!

Old
06-29-2012, 08:24 PM
Deuce Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeersHockey View Post
All of this bickering between rival Canadian hockey fans is pretty much dead-on Republican vs. Democrat here in the States. It highlights two things for me: (1) how funny the bickering really is; and (2) that Canadians are much smarter than us for confining it to sports and rather than BS politics.

This made me chuckle. I think canadians have given up on the political landscape on the whole and perhaps see the political charade for what it is....a sad, sad joke.

Sports still makes for polarizing debates. Politics, its just tired.

Old
Koto

Quote:
After his contract is up in 2 years, he is a UFA right?
RFA pretty sure.

Quote:
Ahh okay. I was unaware you could receive RFA status after becoming UFA.

yeah...cam barker was educational for me.

it does seem weird to go from a ufa to an rfa though.

Old
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by medhatcanuck View Post
Why would you want him to fail? Because how much HF and tsn have covered him? Is that why you'd like a 22 year old kid of uni to fail at pro hockey?
They do until he signs with their team.

Old
06-29-2012, 08:26 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lui View Post
A group of young guys coming up together, that's where the comparison will end.
I think young guys coming up together is the point. Telling us that Hall, Eberle, RNH and Yakupov don't compare to Gretzky, Messier, Kurri and Anderson is kind of pointless.

Old
06-29-2012, 08:27 PM
Potatoe1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Look at it this way:
They wouldn't have asked Gretzky and co. to intervene unless they thought he wasn't likely to sign otherwise.
I don't think that's the case and I don't think it's a bad idea to send Grets, Hall, or anyone else. The Oilers are doing everything they can and good on them.

That said I don't think it will make a lot of difference.

If he wanted to play in Vancouver yesterday he probably still does, and if he want's New York he probably still does. He is doing his due diligence but my guess is he probably mostly decided before the presentations even started.

I don't think thing flattering him with previous stars will make much difference, it will come down to city, contract, team mates, playing time and over all fit.

Old
06-29-2012, 08:27 PM
PuckInTheNards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Sure...and Pavel Bure has offered to do one on one drills in training camp with him too.
Stupid. Why kill the kid's confidence?

Old
06-29-2012, 08:29 PM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Shades of Lebron James.
How is this like Lebron James? Lebron held a one hour special on public television centering around himself. We haven't heard a peep from Schultz and his camp.
This has all been sensationalized by the overzealous media and some very riled up rabid fanbases.

The only people that should be offput by this whole fiasco is the Anaheim fans but then again, we only heard one side of the story there.

Closed Thread