HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Justin Schultz Part IV - Decision tomorrow (6/30)

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Qrispy

vCash: 500
I don't think going to a contender is a top priority of his yet. He's not like other FAs. He's only a kid right now and probably just wants to have the chance to be "the guy" and play a lot of minutes. Everyone wants to win but winning isn't as sweet when you have a small role on the team.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Skead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
Rumor has it that during the Vancouver presentation a flustered Mike Gillis was having issues with the power point and king Justin took note.
Mike Gillis with his hands in the air "I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A MAC!!!!"

Old
06-28-2012, 04:29 PM
racerjoe

Thought more should be pointed out about the main topic at hand... why all the Nickleback hate? I never got it. Not saying they are a good band, but why hate them? There is many musicians I don't like that I don't hate, but people seem to actually hate Nickleback and I just don't get why.

But with Justin, I have to say I like the idea of having teams come in and pitch why they think their team is the right fit. It means everyone should be on the same page. Too often terrible contracts get handed out to players that are not necessarily bad, but just are not the right fit. I think Friedman wrote a bit about it this week.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:30 PM
crazycanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
Rumor has it that during the Vancouver presentation a flustered Mike Gillis was having issues with the power point and king Justin took note.
I'm picturing the episode of Entourage, where Vince and E went from agency to agency getting the same spiel.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:33 PM
albator71

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerFan4Life View Post
Ottawa's pitch better not include Daffy Murray talking.

Hey Jusssthin, pleath come to Senashors.
The only pitch Ottawa will have to do is "Justin how would you like to play with the Norris trophy winner" no other team can offer him that.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Lundface

Quote:
Originally Posted by albator71 View Post
The only pitch Ottawa will have to do is "Justin how would you like to play in the shadow of a Norris trophy winner" no other team can offer him that.
I don't think he would like that very much

Old
06-28-2012, 04:37 PM
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlnc66 View Post
Detroit has always been a team that has been able to get impact players later on in the draft...ie Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, etc. Situations like theres where you are good for such a long time are very, very rare.
Name 3 players drafted in a different century? Unless this etc guy is great.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
Thought more should be pointed out about the main topic at hand... why all the Nickleback hate? I never got it. Not saying they are a good band, but why hate them? There is many musicians I don't like that I don't hate, but people seem to actually hate Nickleback and I just don't get why.
They are more or less the epitome of bland, unimaginative and hyper-commercial rock. Boring chords, boring themes, boring lyrics, and a lot of their songs are so similar that it raises eyebrows. To boot, Nickleback is given extensive airtime and exposure...especially in Canada.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:44 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
They are more or less the epitome of bland, unimaginative and hyper-commercial rock. Boring chords, boring themes, boring lyrics, and a lot of their songs are so similar that it raises eyebrows. To boot, Nickleback is given extensive airtime and exposure...especially in Canada.
But is that a reason to hate them? I live here, I know the airtime the get, and that most of their songs sound the same. But I don't hate them. There is much better music. My friends band that is starting to make a name for themselves here in Van, is much more talented, and is getting a tiny bit of airtime, and probably would get more without Nickelback, but I don't hate them. Why waste time hating anything that has little to do with you?

Old
06-28-2012, 04:45 PM
Halibut

Quote:
Originally Posted by albator71 View Post
The only pitch Ottawa will have to do is "Justin how would you like to play with the Norris trophy winner" no other team can offer him that.
You mean come try and get an offensive d-man spot behind the Norris trophy winner, right?

Since they both shoot right I'm guessing they wont ever be playing together, instead he'll be getting less powerplay time on a team with Karlsson than on any of the other teams in consideration. Doesnt sound like a selling point.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:50 PM
AlmightyPO

I find it odd that Burke is in another province right now. Shouldn't he be in Toronto presenting to Schultz? Seems like if he was interested he would be in Toronto, with the management team getting ready to present.

It could mean he already knows we have no chance (the rumoured deal at the draft), or he is confident that Schultz is signing with the Leafs. If it is the former, why are we still on the short list? Doesn't make sense.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:51 PM
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyPO View Post
I find it odd that Burke is in another province right now. Shouldn't he be in Toronto presenting to Schultz? Seems like if he was interested he would be in Toronto, with the team getting ready to present.

It could mean he already knows we have no chance (the rumoured deal at the draft), or he is confident that Schultz is signing with the Leafs. If it is the former, why are we still on the short list? Doesn't make sense.
Where's Burke?

Old
06-28-2012, 04:52 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
How does any Vancouver fan in their right mind bring up a point like this? Sure you didn't need to suck before you got better, but you SUCKED for years before getting to this point.
The point that he was trying to make is that just because a team is successful, doesn't mean that they are destined to go through a rebuild and that there is more ways of getting to the top besides pulling a Pittsburg or Edmonton.
The Canucks have a decent prospects but are lacking a few key things but regardless it is not inevitable that we will decline.

Back on topic, I hope he signs here but I honestly have no idea.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:56 PM
AlmightyPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kassian Train View Post
Where's Burke?
East coast, had a radio interview in Halifax today.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:57 PM
jojoh07*

he will be a canuck by monday

Old
06-28-2012, 04:58 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

This guy better be good for all the damn hype he's getting.

Old
06-28-2012, 04:58 PM
Pyromaniac3

Quote:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Insider Trading with @tsnjamesduthie, @DarrenDreger, @Real_ESPNLeBrun et moi coming up on 6 pm ET SC. #price #luongo #carle #schultz
Would anyone post whatever they said about Shultz in this thread?

Old
06-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Sundinftw

Quote:
I find it odd that Burke is in another province right now. Shouldn't he be in Toronto presenting to Schultz? Seems like if he was interested he would be in Toronto, with the management team getting ready to present.

How do you know they already haven't?

Old
06-28-2012, 05:01 PM
AlmightyPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinftw View Post
How do you know they already haven't?
Most sources said that Schultz started seeing teams today (originally supposed to be yesterday, but I think they moved the meetings to today). If you mean the draft, why are we still on his short list if he didn't sign then?

Old
06-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Skead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoh07 View Post
he will be a canuck by monday
Thank you for the insightful comments! Truly a scholar and exemplary debater!

Old
06-28-2012, 05:03 PM
Kamal007
#leak4Jlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
I'm picturing the episode of Entourage, where Vince and E went from agency to agency getting the same spiel.
Micrsoft.... Mcdonalds.... Justin Schultz

Old
06-28-2012, 05:06 PM
ChillyPalmer

Quote:

He entertains offers with the first couple teams, then gets to business with the last couple teams, sort of like what Richards did.

I believe he talked to the Rangers last, no?

Old
06-28-2012, 05:09 PM
wreckingcru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyPalmer View Post
He entertains offers with the first couple teams, then gets to business with the last couple teams, sort of like what Richards did.

I believe he talked to the Rangers last, no?
That would seem right, as the last team always leaves the biggest impressions. Also, I do not think Burke is doing the signing, I think he was asked if he was trying to sign Schultz, and he said he wants to, however the man in charge of the signing for the Leafs is supposed to meet with him, NOT Burke. Anyone else confirm this? OR prove me wrong?

Old
06-28-2012, 05:10 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
You mean come try and get an offensive d-man spot behind the Norris trophy winner, right?

Since they both shoot right I'm guessing they wont ever be playing together, instead he'll be getting less powerplay time on a team with Karlsson than on any of the other teams in consideration. Doesnt sound like a selling point.
With Karlsson on the PP....with Karlsson.

He'll have no better chance to rack up points on the PP than with Karlsson and at even strength....Ottawa loves their Dman taking charge. The system Ottawa's playing (and not only Ottawa) is made to allow offensive Dmen to thrive and play their game.

I mean, it seems like Edmonton and Ottawa are the only teams in this thing that are there because there teams and fit situations are actually very attractive. Well maybe Van too. New York is just a riches of young Dmen but they have friends and Toronto is just trying to get out of the mud but they have a friend as well.

Justin, we've got an embarrassment of riches up front and can make a deal for a star anyday without compromising our roster. Our rookie coach just missed the Jack Adams and our players are in love with him. He coaches a style that you'll thrive in....just ask Erik. You'd probably play with Erik too and no other team can offer you that kind of x-factor. We're young, we're set up long-term, it's been said all over, few teams, if any, are drafting and developing like we are. Your the type of defensemen we want to build our team with and a piece that makes us that much more dangerous.

From a pure hockey standpoint, it's hard to see a better place for him right now than Ottawa..and that goes long-term. But certainly, there's other factors that come into play.

Old
06-28-2012, 05:13 PM
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain

FLA front runner for Luongo...on-going talks.

Schultz decision can come as early as Friday or Flow into Saturday.

Closed Thread