HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

11'/12' Offseason /Trades/Signings: Few days till Free Agency Frenzy.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2012, 09:49 AM
  #951
rumman
Registered User
 
rumman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
my hopes for this off season is Nash, Backstrom and Prust.

We want to get bigger on the wing ala Philly and have our skill down the middle.

Trade:

Kulemin + Connolly + Colborne + D'Amigo + 2nd for Nash

MacA + Holzer + Rynnas for Backstrom

Lombardi for 3rd round pick

UFA:
Prust - $4.5 over 2 years - cap hit 2.25

JVR - Kadri - Nash
Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
Ashton - Grabo - Frattin
Prust - Steckel - Brown/Komorov

Gunnar - Phanuef
Gardiner - Franson
Liles - Komisarek/Blacker

Backstrom
Reimer

not sure about Kadri in the #1 centre slot, but with that size on the wings, a smaller centre wouldn't be as much of a problem. Grabbo could fill the slot better than Kadri IMO, but doesn't solve the true need of a #1 centre.

rumman is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:50 AM
  #952
GordieHoweHatTrick
Registered User
 
GordieHoweHatTrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,017
vCash: 500
Bring Daniel Winnik home!

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:50 AM
  #953
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...
 
ForzaZuffa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Italy
Posts: 9,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Komarov came to play in the NHL. He will be given every opportunity.

Explain to me again, with Brown and Leo, where either of Tootoo or Prust fit?

I would really like Tootoo
Maybe you should explain it to yourself?

ForzaZuffa is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:51 AM
  #954
Faltorvo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 10,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Why would it have any impact on JVR? JVR is a winger and isn't going to the first line over Lupul or Kessel.

Kulemin-Kadri-Frattin would be the third line.
JVR was a C before he broke into the NHL, the depth at C when he broke in was insane.

Not sure he never got a shot at it because of lack of ability but more like way to much depth in Phil and maybe they saw it as a softer way to break him into the league.

Faltorvo is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:54 AM
  #955
CrankuptheSnakes
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
CrankuptheSnakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
Maybe you should explain it to yourself?
Why would i explain your not-so-well thought out post?

Simply put, Leo didn't leave being a captain and fan favourite in Moscow to play on the Marlies, and we know Brown is holding down the other wing.

Neither of Tootoo or Prust are 3rd liners, so i think it would be reasonable to ask, then, how you would see this working out...

CrankuptheSnakes is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:54 AM
  #956
Faltorvo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 10,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
This isn't a situation where you blame a dip in numbers on a linemate.

Mac is very much responsible for his #'s last year.
Not 100% sold on that.

When a 30g winger grows stone hands and a line mate drops by 18 a , i see reason and cause.

Faltorvo is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:56 AM
  #957
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 54,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
JVR was a C before he broke into the NHL, the depth at C when he broke in was insane.

Not sure he never got a shot at it because of lack of ability but more like way to much depth in Phil and maybe they saw it as a softer way to break him into the league.
I suppose you could do:

Lupul-JVR-Kessel
MacArthur-Grabovski-Kulemin
Kadri-Bozak-Frattin

__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Keon

He was the Leafs' leading scorer in the 196364, 196667 and 196970 seasons, and the team's top goal scorer in 197071 and 197273. Keon was considered one of the fastest skaters in the NHL, and one of the best defensive forwards of his era.[3] He would usually play against the opposing team's top centre, and developed a reputation for neutralizing some of the league's top scorers. In 197071, he scored eight shorthanded goals, setting an NHL record.
ULF_55 is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 09:57 AM
  #958
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...
 
ForzaZuffa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Italy
Posts: 9,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
Why would i explain your not-so-well thought out post?

Simply put, Leo didn't leave being a captain and fan favourite in Moscow to play on the Marlies, and we know Brown is holding down the other wing.

Neither of Tootoo or Prust are 3rd liners, so i think it would be reasonable to ask, then, how you would see this working out...
No bud, you need to explain it to yourself because you claim there's no room for him, yet you go on to say "I would really like Tootoo".

You don't see your idiocy in calling me out for agreeing with what another poster said of Prust and Tootoo?

ForzaZuffa is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:00 AM
  #959
CrankuptheSnakes
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
CrankuptheSnakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,933
vCash: 500
No.... I like Tootoo, but see tht our 4th line is pretty set. That's using logic and reason.

Idiocy certainly doesn't apply in this case. Though your attacks are providing a great insight to your character. Please, lol, keep going.

CrankuptheSnakes is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:02 AM
  #960
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 54,539
vCash: 500
TBH I could care less which country out of Spain or Italy win today.

I hope they both lose.

Anyway, now that that is out of the way and since this isn't about soccer want to hear something even sillier than who wins in a chess match ... Eklund is using himself as a source, LOL.

Quote:
San Jose Joins Chicago in Brodeur Sweeps (E3)

"It will be very interesting...and for the first time I actually believe Brodeur is at 50/50 on his return to NJ"
- Eklund
I'm not sure but it really seems he's been completely out of touch with anything going on this year. I know he plays his game well, but this year absolutely nothing, not even good speculation or good guessing.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:02 AM
  #961
GordieHoweHatTrick
Registered User
 
GordieHoweHatTrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
I suppose you could do:

Lupul-JVR-Kessel
MacArthur-Grabovski-Kulemin
Kadri-Bozak-Frattin
Something tells me Kulemin will be on the third line while Kadri/Frattin battle it out for the last top-6 position

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:02 AM
  #962
Faltorvo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 10,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
I suppose you could do:

Lupul-JVR-Kessel
MacArthur-Grabovski-Kulemin
Kadri-Bozak-Frattin
I would like to see us give that a shot.

Lup/JVR/Kes
Kuli/Grab/Nash
Prust/Boz/Frat
? Kam/ Steck/Brown

Faltorvo is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:04 AM
  #963
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 54,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Something tells me Kulemin will be on the third line while Kadri/Frattin battle it out for the last top-6 position
I'm guessing Kadri has to prove himself capable of playing in the NHL before he moves to the 2nd. line. Apparently, some thought he was too good for the AHL last year and he wasn't even a PPG player. He has a lot of work to do yet. IMO he was really disappointing last year.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:04 AM
  #964
rumman
Registered User
 
rumman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Something tells me Kulemin will be on the third line while Kadri/Frattin battle it out for the last top-6 position
Kulemin would be perfectly suited to a 3rd line role.

rumman is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:06 AM
  #965
DelGriffith
Registered User
 
DelGriffith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Catharines
Country: Canada
Posts: 343
vCash: 500
Since Burke is always concerned about adding the guys with the hard helmets on why don't we go out and sign ****ing tootoo and parros and have a 4th line of tootoo colton Orr and parros. ****ing joke

DelGriffith is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:08 AM
  #966
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 54,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelGriffith View Post
Since Burke is always concerned about adding the guys with the hard helmets on why don't we go out and sign ****ing tootoo and parros and have a 4th line of tootoo colton Orr and parros. ****ing joke
I hope Burke looks at character before going out and signing more 4th. line players.

Don't need headcases on the 4th. line.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:08 AM
  #967
Winreims
Registered User
 
Winreims's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,943
vCash: 500
Reading all over twitter that Scott Clemmensen has re-signed with the Panthers for 2 yrs. Not sure if true, but if it is, the Panthers have no need at all for Luongo's services.

Winreims is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:09 AM
  #968
GordieHoweHatTrick
Registered User
 
GordieHoweHatTrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 12,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
I'm guessing Kadri has to prove himself capable of playing in the NHL before he moves to the 2nd. line. Apparently, some thought he was too good for the AHL last year and he wasn't even a PPG player. He has a lot of work to do yet. IMO he was really disappointing last year.
Oh, I agree. I'm one of his critics but the work he needs to do may be becoming a little overblown. An off-season with Gary Roberts focusing on his lower body would do the trick

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:09 AM
  #969
JVReemer
Registered User
 
JVReemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,143
vCash: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
I would like to see us give that a shot.

Lup/JVR/Kes
Kuli/Grab/Nash
Prust/Boz/Frat
? Kam/ Steck/Brown
I think if jvr was to play center, we'd trade bozak before putting him on the third line. Connolly plays it IMO

JVReemer is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:13 AM
  #970
JVReemer
Registered User
 
JVReemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,143
vCash: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinz View Post
my hopes for this off season is Nash, Backstrom and Prust.

We want to get bigger on the wing ala Philly and have our skill down the middle.

Trade:

Kulemin + Connolly + Colborne + D'Amigo + 2nd for Nash

MacA + Holzer + Rynnas for Backstrom

Lombardi for 3rd round pick

UFA:
Prust - $4.5 over 2 years - cap hit 2.25

JVR - Kadri - Nash
Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
Ashton - Grabo - Frattin
Prust - Steckel - Brown/Komorov

Gunnar - Phanuef
Gardiner - Franson
Liles - Komisarek/Blacker


Backstrom
Reimer

Switch kadri and grabo in this case

JVReemer is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:14 AM
  #971
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...
 
ForzaZuffa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Italy
Posts: 9,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winreims View Post
Reading all over twitter that Scott Clemmensen has re-signed with the Panthers for 2 yrs. Not sure if true, but if it is, the Panthers have no need at all for Luongo's services.
Fun morning HF runaround aside. Man it seems there have been a ton of last minute re-signings, the market just keeps getting thinner.

ForzaZuffa is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:17 AM
  #972
CrankuptheSnakes
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
CrankuptheSnakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faltorvo View Post
Not 100% sold on that.

When a 30g winger grows stone hands and a line mate drops by 18 a , i see reason and cause.
I see your point, and a line group does rely on one another for success, but there definitely needs to be accountability.

He was inconsistent amuch of the year with scoring, and displayed stone hands himself many times.

CrankuptheSnakes is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:17 AM
  #973
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 33,828
vCash: 500
did you hear on fan590 that we're working on a deal to possibly get doug murray from SJ ?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=47618

2.5 mil/per
ufa next yr

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:18 AM
  #974
DirtyDion03
Big Wheel
 
DirtyDion03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,869
vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
did you hear on fan590 that we're working on a deal to possibly get doug murray from SJ ?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=47618
I read somewhere on twitter that we offered SJ for Murray @ draft.

DirtyDion03 is offline  
Old
07-01-2012, 10:20 AM
  #975
JVReemer
Registered User
 
JVReemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,143
vCash: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Why would it have any impact on JVR? JVR is a winger and isn't going to the first line over Lupul or Kessel.

Kulemin-Kadri-Frattin would be the third line.
Hes saying there wouldnt be any other candidates for second line LW if that was the third line

JVReemer is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.