HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jonathan Bernier Has Asked For A Trade (All Bernier discussions)

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2012, 07:50 PM
redbeard7737

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers84 View Post
To edm
Bernier
Nolan
Fransson or forbort

To la
Omark
Bulin
Whitney
3rd
hahaha thats awesome...

Old
06-28-2012, 07:54 PM
fsanford

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers84 View Post
To edm
Bernier
Nolan
Fransson or forbort

To la
Omark
Bulin
Whitney
3rd
Kings are going to go for picks, sounds like Penner is going to sign so they already are bringing back virtually all their team for next year. Right now picks are more valuable to the Kings vs bring in another roster guy. Oilers seemed to have had a few high picks over the past few years Kings wouldn't mind having a potential top 10 pick next year

Last edited by fsanford: 06-28-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Old
06-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Ed Wood

I just hope he doesn't go to the Leafs because I think he's going to be really good. In my opinion Tampa Bay and Columbus settled for lesser options.

Old
06-28-2012, 08:05 PM
IceDogsandLeafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
Bernier is a bad fit for Toronto. Dunno why people keep bringing him up. The Leafs already have lots of unproven Goalies with #1 upside.
There is no proven goalie worth acquiring via trade for the leafs. He is probably the best prospect available via trade that the Leafs can acquire. If they choose to stay the course, that is fine, but they will probably sign a veteran journeyman (Clemmensen for example).

Old
06-28-2012, 08:05 PM
SilverHaireDevil

Fellow Oil fans please stop offering garbage in trade proposals.

O'mark? the team couldn't get a 7th rounder for him at the draft.

Whitney? Not exactly an ironman or real speedy since his feet fell off.

Khabbibulin? The goalie that has brought his teams to a place where they could draft Toews, Kane, Hall, RNH, and Yakupov is about as valuable as an anvil is to a drowning man.

As for getting a first rounder for a backup that has requested a trade, not so likely, a pair of seconds and a third probably. (considering todays market)

Old
06-28-2012, 08:07 PM
JKsilverstick*

We don't want him on the Leafs. Stop mentioning it. We have enough young potential number 1 goalies, one arguably better than Bernier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDogsandLeafs View Post
Second line winger vs. franchise goalie? Which one is easier to find?
Oh dear god. Did you call 48-game, 0.910 save%, 2.50 GAA, soon to be 24 Bernier a franchise goalie?

There are no words to describe the stupidity of that statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckyeah View Post
Its not really that big of a deal, Kings don't have to trade him if you dont want to come up with a satisfactory deal. You're not stealing him for some bottom rung draft picks with some idea that he's a 'backup'. Nice try though, but the Kings know what they have and arent going to part with him for a song. You're going to have to pay a #1 goalies price if you want him. If you don't want him, i'm pretty sure the Kings won't lose sleep over it.
Actually, Bernier will be traded, whether the offer is amazing or not. The Kings have told Bernier they will work out a trade, because they believe he has the potential to be a number 1 goalie.

If you think your organization is so terrible that they wont honour their word, then I don't know what to tell you. With Quick just signed for the next 11 years, Bernier will not see his value go up.

Old
06-28-2012, 08:09 PM
stlblues9

vCash: 50
Would the Oilers be willing to part with their first in next years draft? I think it would show the team that they're expecting to move up and out of this rebuild, and might make the players look a little differently at the situation. It's a high risk/reward type move but they're getting a goalie who can grow with this team and has as much potential as the team does. If the Oilers can manage to get Bernier and Schultz this year, I think it would go a LONG way for them in the future. I could see some of those players taking pay cuts as well to keep the core intact.

Old
06-28-2012, 08:11 PM
IceDogsandLeafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKsilverstick View Post
We don't want him on the Leafs. Stop mentioning it. We have enough young potential number 1 goalies, one arguably better than Bernier.

Oh dear god. Did you call 48-game, 0.910 save%, 2.50 GAA, soon to be 24 Bernier a franchise goalie?

There are no words to describe the stupidity of that statement.

Actually, Bernier will be traded, whether the offer is amazing or not. The Kings have told Bernier they will work out a trade, because they believe he has the potential to be a number 1 goalie.

If you think your organization is so terrible that they wont honour their word, then I don't know what to tell you. With Quick just signed for the next 11 years, Bernier will not see his value go up.
Why don't you true reading the following post before jumping to an irrational conclusion?

Old
06-28-2012, 08:12 PM
SilverHaireDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
Would the Oilers be willing to part with their first in next years draft? I think it would show the team that they're expecting to move up and out of this rebuild, and might make the players look a little differently at the situation. It's a high risk/reward type move but they're getting a goalie who can grow with this team and has as much potential as the team does. If the Oilers can manage to get Bernier and Schultz this year, I think it would go a LONG way for them in the future. I could see some of those players taking pay cuts as well to keep the core intact.
Bernier has requested a trade out, Can't see teams paying a first (especially Edmontons) in that situation.

Old
06-28-2012, 08:13 PM
stlblues9

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHaireDevil View Post
Bernier has requested a trade out, Can't see teams paying a first (especially Edmontons) in that situation.
What about Edmontons first for Bernier plus a defensive vet?

Old
06-28-2012, 08:14 PM
IceDogsandLeafs

All I am saying is that I rate Bernier as a better prospect than anything the Leafs have and I am more confident that he is a franchise goalie in the making. The Leafs need a franchise goalie badly and its not like they are going to get Rinne, Quick, or King Henrik anytime soon. A franchise goalie is going to have to come from being patient with a young guy because UFA goalies are glorified back ups and the only proven goalie being mentioned has a contract that is sickening, as well as a decade of failure in the post season.

Old
06-28-2012, 08:15 PM
bland

Quote:
A far more realistic offer for Bernier from the Oilers.

2013 Oilers 2nd and 3rd picks and Anahiem's 2nd pick in 2013
I'm a Kings fan, and I'd take that deal.

Old
06-28-2012, 08:16 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
I don't think the Kings are looking to trade away any of their defense.

Old
KBA4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
You are insane if you think you are going to #1 starting goalie return. What about this situation deems that? Has he started? Has he asked for a trade? Has he play even half an NHL season? Has he put up impressive numbers? The point here is that he has proven nothing beside him having potential. You have one year with him, then what? Have his value go down even more so then it has now? Maybe he'll take the number 1 spot from Quick and you will have a Vancouver situation. Bernier's value is at it's lowest, with pretty much every suitor for him filling the hole. Bernier is less proven than Reimer, just as proven as Lindback, Less proven than Bob. Chicago won't give up any major assets for Bernier, and pretty much everyone else isn't in the market for a goalie. Bernier was attractive when there was a big market for him, that market is pretty much gone.

Enjoy Narnia because you are living in a fairy tale.
Gosh, who pissed in your Cheerios this morning? Stats for backup goalies should always be taken with an unhealthy dosage of salt. As a jobless bum and center ice subscriber, I was able to watch quite a few Leafs games this year. Reimer was impressive at times and left out to dry a ton, but he also gave up more than his fair share of soft goals. Bernier very rarely lets in softies. Yes, a stronger defensive system helps but he has always been solid in net for the Kings despite him not putting up dominant numbers. He's got the chops to be a legit number one guy in the league...Kings fans know this and aren't nearly as myopic as a lot of people in this thread are implying

Old
tsanuri

Quote:
Except we don't know this to be true. It makes sense that he might have asked after the deal with Quick was done. But without proof it means nothing and in this case it is not him being disgruntled or unhappy really it is him wanting to be a number 1.

Old
06-28-2012, 08:17 PM
SilverHaireDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bland View Post
I'm a Kings fan, and I'd take that deal.
Funny what happens when you exchange value for value

Old
06-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Vandelay Industries

Kings should keep him this year. He's an RFA after this year right? If so, keep him and play him more often to give quick a rest. No matter what anyone says, going all the way to the cup finals takes a toll on your body and it definitely wouldn't hurt to have such a capable backup up. Would allow him to get more games and raise his value as well.

Old
06-28-2012, 08:19 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsanford View Post
Kings are going to go for picks, sounds like Penner is going to sign so they already are bringing back virtually all their team for next year. Right now picks are more valuable to the Kings vs bring in another roster guy. Oilers seemed to have had a few high picks over the past few years Kings wouldn't mind having a potential top 10 pick next year
Yup. We either need high picks for roster replacement players in case of injuries the next few years or young guys for next year.

Old
06-28-2012, 08:19 PM
SilverHaireDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanuri View Post
Except we don't know this to be true. It makes sense that he might have asked after the deal with Quick was done. But without proof it means nothing and in this case it is not him being disgruntled or unhappy really it is him wanting to be a number 1.
Of course he isn't disgruntled. I was under the impression that the team signing Quick to an 11 year deal was a pretty plain statement to Bernier that he was expendable.

Old
06-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Puckclektr

From NJ
ONe of Burlon/Urbom/Gelinas/Wedgwood plus a second
or Tedenby/Kinkaid and one of Harrold/Taormina
Although I am unaware of LA's needs.

Old
06-28-2012, 08:22 PM
bland

Quote:
Rob Scuderi has just one year left on his deal, so I don't think he would be all that attractive to Edmonton.

But Bernier and Scuderi would be worth quite a lot to a team like New Jersey, who has what, 12 NHL players under contract right now? Toronto should consider that as well - they are just a step away from the playoffs. The Islanders should also look to Bernier as a solid option.

I have a hunch the Kings are looking to make a big splash on the blueline this summer. With the current cap space, as well as the $4 million on Scuderi's expiring deal, they can most definitely afford to pursue Suter with mega-money and the promise of contention without the pressure of having to be "the" guy.

Old
06-28-2012, 08:25 PM
JKsilverstick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDogsandLeafs View Post
Why don't you true reading the following post before jumping to an irrational conclusion?
I read it. Bernier does not have stats in Junior or the AHL good enough to call him anything close to a franchise goalie at this stage, let alone a number 1 goalie, especially when you add his NHL stats.

And especially not enough better than Reimer (if you can even say that) to justify trading for another young goalie.

Old
06-28-2012, 08:31 PM
bigsick

Quote:
I read it. Bernier does not have stats in Junior or the AHL good enough to call him anything close to a franchise goalie at this stage, let alone a number 1 goalie, especially when you add his NHL stats.

And especially not enough better than Reimer (if you can even say that) to justify trading for another young goalie.

Get with it bud, Bernier is better and has better career potential than Reimer.

Old
06-28-2012, 08:33 PM
no name

Quote:
I read it. Bernier does not have stats in Junior or the AHL good enough to call him anything close to a franchise goalie at this stage, let alone a number 1 goalie.
Are you just assuming this without looking?

You can't get much better.

Old
06-28-2012, 08:34 PM
KBA4life

Quote:

AHL goalie of the year at the ripe old age of 21 isn't good enough for you?

Closed Thread