Old
07-15-2012, 03:51 PM
LemaireisGOD

vCash: 500
I agree about Thomas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Forwards

Zucker - Best player on the ice, IMO. I may or may not be biased.

Granlund - Special hands and head for the game. Solid game, will be better with higher level players and game.

Larsson - Like I said the other day, very good all-around game. Will be interesting to see where he's at come camp.

Bulmer - Didn't play at the level he was at the other day. Legs looked a little heavy and he passed up several chances to shoot the puck. Will come with time.

Coyle - Plays a nice game in the a similar mold of Larsson. Needs to play with a better distributor to really show what he can do.

Phillips - Didn't come away all that impressed once again. Looks to be years off before the NHL game.

Gilmore - Like some things he shows here and there. Will be interesting to see where he's at next year. Can see what they seen in him, though.

Haula - Like I've said for a while now, would be shocked if he sees more than 10-15 NHL games... Dime-a-dozen prospect.

Bertschy - I may have been the only one in the building that didn't go out of my way to get a piece of him...

Bussieres - Much quieter day for him. Seems to be his MO in a nutshell.

Defense

Brodin - By far the best defenseman again. Though, had a rough go of it from time to time. Still would have liked to see him handle the puck more throughout the scrimmages but he makes NHL-level decisions with the puck and knows it shouldn't be on his stick for long.

Gunnarsson - Again, hell of a find here and am very intrigued to see if he's at camp. At this point, I think they have to bring him in for a look. NHL level size and mobility. Would like to see him in more high pressure situations with better talent forcing decisions.

Dumba - More noticeable, especially physically. Don't think he's close to playing with the Wild, though. Not composed enough yet for his age. Whether that's in terms of positioning or getting his body under control. Tools are there.

Seeler - Like what I see. Will be one to watch for UNO this year. May not be there for too long...

Draeger - Plays a nice safe game with the ability to move the puck. Probably doesn't have the pure upside Seeler may have but he's a more sure bet to see a Wild sweater.

Invitees

Thomas - Sign this guy right effing now. Again, no idea how this kid is playing DIII hockey; still. Impressed last year, even better this season. Hope they find a way to get him under contract. Whether it's actually now or after the year. I think there's something to work with there. Uses his frame well and has very good mobility. Offensive tools will be a work in progress but he doesn't project as a scorer.

Corbett - Looked significantly better than he did Thursday. Still, no reason to rush to get him under contract. Not sure he has the frame to handle himself at the NHL level. Looks to have some offensive upside, but not good enough to the point where you'd really be missing out. See where he's at next year if he's still available, IMO.

Farnham - A little water bug that worked and was very physical both days. Have to like his effort out there. I'll likely follow him this year at Brown. Not sure he's a NHL player but have to admire a guy like this.
This kid was my favorite player there last year. His effort, speed are terrific. I thought he was more of a menace last year than this season but I think he played a safer, more controlled game this time around. Yet he still has great wheels and I think he carries himself very well. I agree, I have no idea how he's Division III. I followed him pretty closely last season and he was almost scoring 2 points per game at one point with Norwich. At some point, Norwich started bumping him down to the 3rd line and that effected his production. I still remember thinking, why in the heck is this guy on your 3rd line as a Division III school?!?!

LemaireisGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 03:53 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemaireisGOD View Post
This kid was my favorite player there last year. His effort, speed are terrific. I thought he was more of a menace last year than this season but I think he played a safer, more controlled game this time around. Yet he still has great wheels and I think he carries himself very well. I agree, I have no idea how he's Division III. I followed him pretty closely last season and he was almost scoring 2 points per game at one point with Norwich. At some point, Norwich started bumping him down to the 3rd line and that effected his production. I still remember thinking, why in the heck is this guy on your 3rd line as a Division III school?!?!
He's a very very late bloomer.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 04:17 PM
ProfessorMcFatty

I only caught the second half, but one of the players that stood out to me, was actually Broda. Wasn't even expecting to notice him out there.

I also thought that Hacket just didn't care, but then he threw his stick in the air out of frustration.... so I dunno.

ProfessorMcFatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 05:48 PM
Sportsfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
brodin also beat both granlund and zucker in battles just saying he handled the two best forwards on the ice. not at all worried about his game.
Agreed, there was one point where Granlund got behind him on a breakaway and Brodin turned and stick checked Granlund and the pass slid right by his stick. I came away so impressed with Brodin today, understated but just trule awesome in his own zone, offensively needs work, but no worries on the backend. I still think he should start a little while in Houston, but I think you'll definitely see him at some point on the Wild next year.
Quote:
http://www.stateofhockeynews.com/201...rimmage-2.html

I thought Brodin really put on a show today. It wasn't flashy, but it was very effective. He controlled the pace of play. Hackett also redeemed himself to a degree after a terrible Thursday performance. Enjoy!
Very much agree KC! I couldn't have been happier with Hackett's performance today! I thought he was going through the motions on Thursday, but tonight he was engaged and solid as a rock after the initial Granlund PS goal. After one of the shootout goals I loved how he tossed his stick on the ice, he was emotional and involved and it showed in his game, very happy to see!

Brodin was fantastic, best dman on the ice as he should. Bulmer and Phillips I thought were good, they have the tools no doubt, but of all the top prospects I think they definitely need a year of seasoning at least in Houston, Phillips for sure. Didn't think he was bad at all, but the kid is further away then Coyle, Zucker, Granlund, Larsson, Brodin and even Bulmer. Really impressed with most of our draftiess again today, Gunnarson was really the most surprising dman of the tournament for me this year, Seeler was that guy last year for me and both were good again this year. Kampfer impressed me as well and he's a guy i really like to see in a 5/6 role next year, he can skate, shoot and is not afraid to hit. Dumba's huge hits were shear awesome, his skating and hitting were fantastic, Dumba got overzealous though in the offensive zone a few times and muffed some shots, so he's still I think two years away, one year in juniors and some time in Houston next year, but he's got all the tools and couldn't be more thrilled to have him.

Zucker and Granlund were fantastic and showed some good chemsitry tonight, and could very well wind up on a line with the Wild next year so great to see, and Larsson and Coyle I love these guys and their games, they are not far away at all. All in all, the stars showed today, and couldn't be happier as a Wild fan.

I loved Haula's game too, better today then Thursday and i will maintain he's the jewel of the real late draft picks and can be an impactful top 6 forward for the Wild in a few years, i love this kid and how he compete's!

Sportsfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Bookman

vCash: 1000
Looking forward to the team building exercises in Houston this season.

Reminds me of the Twins circa Hunter, Cuddy, Ortiz, Mientkiewicz, Pierczyinski, Jones, Radke, etc. that came together as a team in the minors and continued to do well together, then apart, as major leaguers.

I am no pop-psychologist by any means, but I can't help but think that most prospects will thrive in a situation where they are part of a cohort, and the pressure isn't necessarily focused on any one of them specifically.

The whole GMCF master plan certainly looks better than the perpetual 5-year cycle of GMDR.

Bookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 06:08 PM
Dr Jan Itor

So, I was there for both scrimmages, but couldn't really tell... did Nanne get booed during the shootout or was it a "Loooooouuuuu" type thing.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 06:19 PM
usernam*
#TeamSuccess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
So, I was there for both scrimmages, but couldn't really tell... did Nanne get booed during the shootout or was it a "Loooooouuuuu" type thing.
Nanne getting booed? That's rich

usernam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Reliable NonSequitur

vCash: 50
I'm guessing it was "Louuuuu". It's a confusing cheer.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 07:08 PM
montyminny

Quote:
Attitude maybe? Selfish maybe? At times today he appeared selfish, going at it alone like he did not have a linemate on the ice with him.....

montyminny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 07:14 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
How come Kuemper wasn't at camp?

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 07:16 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Injured.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 07:16 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Injured.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Haite
x

Does it echo here?

Haite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 07:23 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1100
Mod powers helped him post faster.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 07:27 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Not even close.

Old
07-15-2012, 07:36 PM
TZM
Par too easy

Whadda ya guys think; does Zucker have a real chance to make it to the lineup?

TZM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Wasted Talent

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
I'm guessing it was "Louuuuu". It's a confusing cheer.
And he didn't even want to be called Lou

Wasted Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 07:37 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

"Injured" isn't a good description for why Kuemper wasn't there. He's recovering from season ending surgery from April. It's not like he was hurt recently or anything.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 07:38 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZM View Post
Nope. Top 3 Forwards recall? Sure.

The only prospect(s) making the club is Granlund *and possibly Brodin*. We will see.

Old
07-15-2012, 07:40 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
Quote:
There's no room for ANY forward unless there's injuries. Granlund is the only prospect we'll see on the opening night roster unless Brodin makes it on D as well.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Generic User
Generic Moderator

Quote:
Probably better than any Wild prospect not named Granlund. His contract is already burning, so if he's ready, he's ready. Ticking clock no matter what.

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Short answer: No.

Longer answer: While he's certainly impressed, and stands out as being at a level or two above his peers, he would have to go on an absolute tear to make the team. As it stands (with a healthy Bouchard) we have 7 top 6 forwards on the roster. Zucker looks like he could play at the NHL level if we needed him to, but no amount of play in prospect camp could elevate him onto the team. Maybe he'll absolutely blow everyone away in training camp, but at this point, there's no reason to think he'd make the roster. First top 6 wing call up? Maybe, but he's not beating out the vets at this point.

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Coyle: first top 6 RW call up
Zucker: first top 6 LW call up
Bulmer: first 3rd line W call up
Larsson: called up if Brodziak goes down

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 07:44 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Kuemper was there, just didn't play because *cue everyone* he was injured.

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 07:51 PM
Bullrun

gunarsson is a real find, was impressed by his mobility and play both thursday and today

dumba lowered the boom a few times, he will be a fan favorite defensman but probably at least 1-2 years out (hes only 17 anyway, no rush)

brodin is ready, I hope he can get the minutes he needs

granlund is the real deal, but we already knew that

zucker is very good and has a good confidence about him

Bullrun is offline   Reply With Quote