HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Much respect to the Blues

Old
05-10-2013, 11:50 PM
clankfu

vCash: 500
Much respect to the Blues

Kings fan here. Just wanted to say that I've got nothing respect for your team. They're physical and mean as hell but play good, clean hockey. And I don't care what anyone says...this was a great series to watch - exciting, hard-hitting and fast paced.

That CPR line is nails and Steen's going to give me nightmares.

clankfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 12:07 AM
sbet1998

Unfortunate outcome considering the play on the ice.

I dont think you guys will see a harder series than that. If you do, kudos to that team.

Last edited by MattyMo35: 05-11-2013 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Personal attack
sbet1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 12:12 AM
ikeman79

Quote:
Originally Posted by clankfu View Post
Kings fan here. Just wanted to say that I've got nothing respect for your team. They're physical and mean as hell but play good, clean hockey. And I don't care what anyone says...this was a great series to watch - exciting, hard-hitting and fast paced.

That CPR line is nails and Steen's going to give me nightmares.
Thanks. It's upsetting as a Blues fan how this turned out. However I think the Kings team started to play cleaner as the series went on. The first three games they were dirty, but the last three were good hockey, we just could not finish at any point and made horrible mental mistakes that led to King goals.

Good luck to your team in your Stanley Cup defense. It blows to lose, but really blows to lose to anybody other than who wins the cup.

Hopefully we find a finisher this off season and we meet up again next year. This could be turning into a playoff rivalry for years.

ikeman79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 12:19 AM
kenjidm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbet1998 View Post
Unfortunate outcome considering the play on the ice.

I dont think you guys will see a harder series than that. If you do, kudos to that team.
Agreed. No other team will give us the challenge that you guys did. Mad respect to the Blues. Also mad respect to your coach. He's a stand up guy and makes no excuses.

Steen is a beast. Knocking over all our King's players in the corners and along the boards. I think though it would of helped if Stewart showed up.

kenjidm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 12:34 AM
DeuceNine
Wall of Shame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjidm View Post
I think though it would of helped if Stewart showed up.
Blues fans everywhere agree. Good luck moving on.

DeuceNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 12:50 AM
dogyekcoh*

Thank you for a great series. I am looking forward to our rivalry because we both have good young team.
Peace!

dogyekcoh* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 12:55 AM
sbet1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjidm View Post
Agreed. No other team will give us the challenge that you guys did. Mad respect to the Blues. Also mad respect to your coach. He's a stand up guy and makes no excuses.

Steen is a beast. Knocking over all our King's players in the corners and along the boards. I think though it would of helped if Stewart showed up.
I hope the Kings run the table again. It hurts to know that one of the best teams this franchise has put out and a serious Cup contender lost their chance. I respect that Kings team, they seem to have something and the Blues are still such a young team.

I think the Blues will get there in the next couple years. That was the best series Ive ever seen. STL played really well, but couldnt catch a break, if they had I think they win it all. These were the two most dnagerous teams in the playoffs, you guys escaped this series. Take out the Hawks for us.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:03 AM
Ghost Face
Hull of Fame

Why isn't all the Kings fans kudos making me feel better......

Ghost Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:44 AM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostfaceKillah View Post
Why isn't all the Kings fans kudos making me feel better......
'Cause losing sucks.....trust me, we get that......

Proud of Blues fans, and their team. I hope you guys win it soon.

SLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:46 AM
STLBLUES44
MILLER TIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
'Cause losing sucks.....trust me, we get that......

Proud of Blues fans, and their team. I hope you guys win it soon.
u won the cup last year................ -________________-

STLBLUES44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:51 AM
sbet1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post
u won the cup last year................ -________________-
I think he meant until last year.

Old
05-11-2013, 02:07 AM
STLBLUES44
MILLER TIME

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbet1998 View Post
I think he meant until last year.
i know... but still :'(

STLBLUES44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 02:30 AM
lak4ever

You guys were hands down the better team. Wish you guys luck in the future. Dont give up hope. Your team is CRAZY good.

lak4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 02:33 AM
HolyShot*
Sniper

You guys need to hold on to Tarasenko. He's a sniper. What you need to get is an elite center. Trade some depth and a first rounder if you need to. After you get that, everything else will fall into place for this team and you'll go deep.

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 02:35 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by lak4ever View Post
You guys were hands down the better team. Wish you guys luck in the future. Dont give up hope. Your team is CRAZY good.
Agreed.

We got owned in game 5 and still found a way to win. The Blues' resiliency in game 6 astonished me. I went to all three home games and never felt good about any of them. The Kings played their best game in the series in game 2 and lost it.

The Blues deserved a better fate. IMO, they would have owned San Jose again. Not sure about Anaheim, which is a high-scoring team, but you would have punished Chicago for sure.

If anything, you guys need to get a goal scorer. The offensive pressure in our d-zone was too much for me to take on a blood pressure level. You get a guy to bury it consistently and I don't even want to think about facing the Blues in the future. It was bad enough this time around.

05-11-2013, 02:37 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

I didn't get a chance in the game thread, but I wanted to congratulate you guys on the season. I know the loss hurts, and I hope me coming here doesn't rub salt in the wound, but you guys have a ****ing good team that, unfortunately, just didn't finish its chances.

I was very impressed with Steen and Schwartz. And that CPR line was beastly; I could only wish that the Kings fourth line was remotely that effective every game.

I know that there's been a long time of disappointment, but those many years of disappointment doesn't mean it will always be this way.

Anyway, good luck for the following season, and thank you for keeping a good, civil thread during the series. I look forward to talking more hockey with you guys in the future, and for what it's worth, this series has given me a greater appreciation for the team and its fans.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 02:56 AM
clankfu

It was an unlucky draw in the 1st round for the Blues. IMO, if the Blues were #6, they would've steamrolled Vancouver and pretty sure they would've beaten the Ducks and Sharks as well.

clankfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 03:21 AM
alan19

Props to Blues and their fans. Watching this series, I'm extremely impressed with this Blues team. I really believe you guys are only a few players away from being serious contenders. Keep your heads up, you have a bright future and should be proud of your team

alan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 03:30 AM
tenho995

Hitch made his biggest mistake when using Tarasenko badly wrong the whole time after tarasenko came back. Kings deserved the win.

tenho995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 07:25 AM
MsWoof

Kudos to the Blues, you guys have a fantastic team and this was by far the best series of the first round. Your 4th line is excellent and Elliott played really well, the shot by Penner was a cannon as well as a deflection which is why I don't blame Elliott at all.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Sushiko
Damn Blues

Yeah I hate wondering what would have happened had we stayed in 6th place. I hated wishing we wouldn't have won those last couple games to not move up to 4th as I know everyone else and a real fan would not have felt that way, but as soon as we popped into 4th I felt all gloom and doom. I wanted to stay in 6th and play Vancouver. It just seemed like we could have had a better path. Play Vancouver first, then maybe Sharks or Ducks 2nd... ugh. I can't believe still, the season is over. Well I think it's nice so many Kings fans are saying nice things, much appreciated by me at least.

Sushiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 08:55 AM
JustinCider

Oilers fan here, just a tough match up for both teams. I think both teams are built great and will be forces for years to come. I'm sure it stings to go out in the first round when you had much higher hopes, but the bottom line is that you still have an awesome young team, with size and skill. The only thing the Kings have on you is experience, other than that, both teams are really good. Don't get too down on your team, they'll be even better next year.

JustinCider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 08:57 AM
JustinCider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenho995 View Post
Hitch made his biggest mistake when using Tarasenko badly wrong the whole time after tarasenko came back. Kings deserved the win.
I don't Tarasenko has been right since the head injury, I'm sure the offseason will help him out a lot. Concussions are weird things, no 2 are the same. Hitch is a great coach, I'd take him on the Oilers in a second.

JustinCider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 09:02 AM
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
The Kings are a hell of a team. Really looking forward to seeing a Kings / Hawks conference final. Not sure the Kings can be beat.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 09:32 AM
losingsand

Just to echo the sentiments, You guys have a great team. Flopping was at a minimal, and the refs pretty much kept out of it. Thank god the ducks series is going to 7 games, the kings need every hour of rest from this brutal matchup. Definitely the hardest series the kings have played in the last 2 years. All year long, even in most Kings losses, the kings would out-forecheck the opponent and control the play. It was strange to see to see the kings flail in this department, but it had to do with your team and your coaching. So kudos to you guys.

Schwartz really caught my eye.. you guys have a great young player there.. even though he's undersized, he's big game kinda player.

I really think this could have been a sweep in either direction. EVERY game was up for grabs. Our goalie just happen to be better than your goalie.

Good luck to your future... as a fellow team that came into the NHL at the same time, we understand the frustration... you guys WILL eventually get your cup, these playoff experiences are HUGE for your young core. Took doughty/quick/brown/kopitar some tough losses against VAN and SJ to really gain that playoff experence to succeed as they did last year and this year(so far)

losingsand is offline   Reply With Quote