HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

2012-2013 Blues Prospects

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-17-2012, 09:37 PM
  #251
Chojin
Tiny Panger...
 
Chojin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,176
vCash: 645
Allen had a very solid game tonight, even though the defense was just as terrible as the last two games.

Chojin is offline  
Old
10-17-2012, 10:44 PM
  #252
h22prelude93
Registered User
 
h22prelude93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St.Louis, Mo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
Jaskin with 2 more goals in a 4-3 OT win. 10 goals in 11 games. Definitely a huge surprise so far. Villieux with a goal as well.
Excellent! He now has more goals than Huberdeau and Grigorenko.

h22prelude93 is offline  
Old
10-18-2012, 03:31 AM
  #253
helicecopter
Registered User
 
helicecopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: give me higher shots
Posts: 7,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
On-ice attitude, rather than off-ice. Being a young guy on a bad team isn't the easiest thing, but he really let his head drop in more than a couple of games and looked completely lost. As someone like Hertl on the same team was really pushing, Dmitrij seemed one step behind in his head.
ahh, now i get it.. thanks for clarifying

helicecopter is offline  
Old
10-18-2012, 11:17 AM
  #254
stlweir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
It would be sweet for Jaskin to establish himself as a legit scoring power forward prospect this season. Power forwards are tough to come by.

stlweir is offline  
Old
10-19-2012, 12:04 AM
  #255
topchowda
Registered User
 
topchowda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,025
vCash: 500
Colton Parayko with 1 goal in 2 games from U of Alaska Fairbanks

Hearing good things about first two games, hell take a while to develop but still a kid worth keeping an eye on

topchowda is offline  
Old
10-19-2012, 12:26 PM
  #256
Polaris
Cold as Ice
 
Polaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: IL Side
Country: Wake Island
Posts: 1,785
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
Unbelievable hands/hand-eye coordination on that one. I look forward to seeing how MacEachern develops.

Polaris is offline  
Old
10-19-2012, 09:45 PM
  #257
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 50
Looks like Moncton had a penaltyfest against PEI and Jaskin cross checked some dude in the head and got kicked out of the game. In the WHL, Walters also was in a fight for Everett.

PocketNines is offline  
Old
10-19-2012, 09:49 PM
  #258
WaltWhitman
Registered User
 
WaltWhitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 265
vCash: 500
Jordan Schmaltz just got his first collegiate goal in his first game for the University of North Dakota.

WaltWhitman is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 12:44 AM
  #259
as15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 93
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltWhitman View Post
Jordan Schmaltz just got his first collegiate goal in his first game for the University of North Dakota.
Added an assist for a two point game. Was also a +3 in a 5-0 win.

as15 is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 12:33 PM
  #260
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 50
It's our top two D picks from the 2012 draft playing tonight: Schmaltz (North Dakota, 25th overall) vs. Parayko (Alaska, 86th overall).

PocketNines is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 01:12 PM
  #261
Robb_K
Registered User
 
Robb_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NordHolandNethrlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by as15 View Post
Added an assist for a two point game. Was also a +3 in a 5-0 win.
Great! I have high hopes for him. I think he will be a "sleeper" like Oshie and Perron (players who seemed too risky to other teams because of their young age, and relative low level of experience at the time drafted).

Robb_K is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 04:05 PM
  #262
h22prelude93
Registered User
 
h22prelude93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St.Louis, Mo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Unbelievable hands/hand-eye coordination on that one. I look forward to seeing how MacEachern develops.
ESPN was impressed enough that it made it to their Top 10 on SportsCenter Thursday night. Next year he'll be playing for Michigan State so we should get a better idea of where he's at in comparison to our other NCAA prospects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
It's our top two D picks from the 2012 draft playing tonight: Schmaltz (North Dakota, 25th overall) vs. Parayko (Alaska, 86th overall).
Looking forward to this game as well. Both of Alaska's games have been streamed online so far so I'm hoping this one is too.

h22prelude93 is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 06:14 PM
  #263
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 50
^^ Via the Alaska website?

PocketNines is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 07:07 PM
  #264
h22prelude93
Registered User
 
h22prelude93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St.Louis, Mo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
^^ Via the Alaska website?
Yes, it looks like this game will be available too but now they are making you pay. I'll let you know if I find any free links.

http://www.alaskananooks.com/schedul...mensicehockey2

h22prelude93 is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 07:11 PM
  #265
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
Yes, it looks like this game will be available too but now they are making you pay. I'll let you know if I find any free links.

http://www.alaskananooks.com/schedul...mensicehockey2
Cool, yeah, this would be a good game to watch our most recent prospects. Lemme know if you find anything.

PocketNines is offline  
Old
10-20-2012, 11:50 PM
  #266
h22prelude93
Registered User
 
h22prelude93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St.Louis, Mo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Ty Rattie had a goal and assist tonight in a 6-1 win for Portland over Seattle. Both points came late in the 3rd. Looks like he's really starting to pick it up. Max Gardiner also had a goal and assist for Penn State in a 3-2 win over RIT. Ryan Tesink had a goal, but Saint John lost 6-1. Jordan Binnington saved 25 of 27 shots, but Owen Sound still fell 2-1 to Oshawa. UND and UAF are in the 2nd period tied 1-1 but no points yet for either Colton Parayko or Jordan Schmaltz.

h22prelude93 is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 12:50 AM
  #267
h22prelude93
Registered User
 
h22prelude93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St.Louis, Mo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Nanooks with a 2-1 upset over #2 rank Fighting Sioux. Colton Parayko with the primary assist on Alaska's winning goal.

h22prelude93 is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 03:18 AM
  #268
Robb_K
Registered User
 
Robb_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NordHolandNethrlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
Ty Rattie had a goal and assist tonight in a 6-1 win for Portland over Seattle. Both points came late in the 3rd. Looks like he's really starting to pick it up. Max Gardiner also had a goal and assist for Penn State in a 3-2 win over RIT. Ryan Tesink had a goal, but Saint John lost 6-1. Jordan Binnington saved 25 of 27 shots, but Owen Sound still fell 2-1 to Oshawa. UND and UAF are in the 2nd period tied 1-1 but no points yet for either Colton Parayko or Jordan Schmaltz.
Rattie is now a fair bit above a point per game (maybe 1.4-1.5 per game?), Who could call this a "slump" and/or claim that last season was a "mirage"?

Robb_K is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 11:14 AM
  #269
h22prelude93
Registered User
 
h22prelude93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St.Louis, Mo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
Rattie is now a fair bit above a point per game (maybe 1.4-1.5 per game?), Who could call this a "slump" and/or claim that last season was a "mirage"?
He's now 8+6 in 11 games so 1.27 PPG and climbing. I think it's fair to say if Rattie was in a slump he definitely no longer is. I also think the only ones claiming last season was a mirage are mostly Flames/Bärtschi fans who all seem like they really just want him.

h22prelude93 is offline  
Old
10-21-2012, 07:14 PM
  #270
h22prelude93
Registered User
 
h22prelude93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St.Louis, Mo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Both Jaskin and Veilleux had a goal and two assists in today's game. Not a bad weekend for Blues prospects.

h22prelude93 is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 12:18 AM
  #271
slasher911
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 871
vCash: 500
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88298351@N03/8101810647/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88298351@N03/8101821168/

A couple of photos of Sam Kurker from last weekend (yeah, a bit late now). He doesn't have any points for BU yet, but he's fun to watch.

slasher911 is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 05:40 AM
  #272
PerryTurnbullfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Penalty Box
Country:
Posts: 2,131
vCash: 500
I saw on UND's website that Jordan Schmaltz was selected on the all tournament team. I also saw that Peoria got in a few scraps with Rockford. The Peluso-Bollig bout is a good one and also Ponich worked over someone pretty good for a check he didn't like.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 08:35 AM
  #273
stlweir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
If I'm not mistaken Rattie was thrown out of a game in the first period early in the season in a game he was without a point.

Can anyone give a more in depth report on Jaskin, skating, hockey sense, shot, etc? He has to be close to the team lead in hits.


Last edited by stlweir: 10-22-2012 at 03:52 PM. Reason: addition
stlweir is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 07:41 PM
  #274
h22prelude93
Registered User
 
h22prelude93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: St.Louis, Mo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
This Weeks Junior Schedule
Oct. 23
QMJHL- Val-D'or 6:30CT
WHL- Brandon 9:05CT

Oct. 24
QMJHL- Val-D'or 6:30CT
WHL- MooseJaw 8:00CT, Brandon 9:00CT

Oct. 25
QMJHL- Moncton 6:30CT

Oct. 26
QMJHL- Saint John 5:30CT, Moncton 6:00CT, Val-D'or 6:30CT
WHL- MooseJaw 8:00CT, Brandon 9:00CT, Everett 9:35CT
NCAA- PennState 6:05CT, UAF 6:05CT, BU 6:30CT, UMD 7:07CT, UND 7:37CT
OHL- OwenSound 6:35CT
USHL- Chicago 7:35CT

Oct. 27
QMJHL- Moncton 3:00CT
WHL- MooseJaw 8:00CT, Brandon 9:00CT, Everett 9:05CT
NCAA- BU 6:00CT, PennState 6:05CT, UAF 6:05CT, UND 7:07CT, UMD 7:07CT,
OHL- Owen Sound 6:30CT
USHL- Chicago 7:00CT

Oct. 28

QMJHL- Saint John 1:00CT
WHL- Portland 7:00CT, MooseJaw 7:00CT
OHL- OwenSound 1:00CT

h22prelude93 is offline  
Old
10-22-2012, 10:25 PM
  #275
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
This Weeks Junior Schedule
Oct. 23
QMJHL- Val-D'or 6:30CT
WHL- Brandon 9:05CT

Oct. 24
QMJHL- Val-D'or 6:30CT
WHL- MooseJaw 8:00CT, Brandon 9:00CT

Oct. 25
QMJHL- Moncton 6:30CT

Oct. 26
QMJHL- Saint John 5:30CT, Moncton 6:00CT, Val-D'or 6:30CT
WHL- MooseJaw 8:00CT, Brandon 9:00CT, Everett 9:35CT
NCAA- PennState 6:05CT, UAF 6:05CT, BU 6:30CT, UMD 7:07CT, UND 7:37CT
OHL- OwenSound 6:35CT
USHL- Chicago 7:35CT

Oct. 27
QMJHL- Moncton 3:00CT
WHL- MooseJaw 8:00CT, Brandon 9:00CT, Everett 9:05CT
NCAA- BU 6:00CT, PennState 6:05CT, UAF 6:05CT, UND 7:07CT, UMD 7:07CT,
OHL- Owen Sound 6:30CT
USHL- Chicago 7:00CT

Oct. 28

QMJHL- Saint John 1:00CT
WHL- Portland 7:00CT, MooseJaw 7:00CT
OHL- OwenSound 1:00CT


Kudos to you for doing this every week, good sir... it's very much appreciated.

Prussian_Blue is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.