HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Blues Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2012, 07:51 PM
SirPaste

vCash: 50
Tesink and MacAuley(not sure if we still have his rights) both had a goal and an assist tonight each beating Moncton. Jaskin and Vellieux each with 0 points.

Old
09-26-2012, 08:43 PM
Robb_K

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
Tesink and MacAuley(not sure if we still have his rights) both had a goal and an assist tonight each beating Moncton. Jaskin and Vellieux each with 0 points.
I think that The Blues lost MacAuley's rights when they didn't re-sign him this June or July (?). I really doubt that he'll ever be an NHL player.

Old
09-26-2012, 11:48 PM
h22prelude93

Just saw this on the front page of THN.com

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...h-caution.html

How come every time a couple hockey players get caught having some fun some expletive has to make an example of them? Good lord, have these guys ever read what kind of shenanigans goes on in other pro sports? Makes these kids look like little angels. And I love how he says he likes Jordan Schmaltz. Really dude? I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that you know a story like this is going to draw more hits to your website. What a bunch of ********.

/End rant

Old
09-28-2012, 07:19 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post

How come every time a couple hockey players get caught having some fun some expletive has to make an example of them? Good lord, have these guys ever read what kind of shenanigans goes on in other pro sports? Makes these kids look like little angels. And I love how he says he likes Jordan Schmaltz. Really dude? I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that you know a story like this is going to draw more hits to your website. What a bunch of ********.

/End rant
I find it a strait forward honest article. Kind of hypocritical of me due to the fun I had in College. But looking back, I shouldn't be here. If I could go back, I would have cut the drinking and other things down quite a bit and focused on getting into med school.

It is one thing to get a light buzz. Quite another to be blast out of your mind. Those mornings were you wake up and don't want to open your eyes or a missing chunks of time are not good - and if you had fun you don't remember. The number of times you get behind the wheel.... etc... just not worth it.

Priorities. At that age, you don't have them.

Old
09-28-2012, 07:47 PM
h22prelude93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
I find it a strait forward honest article. Kind of hypocritical of me due to the fun I had in College. But looking back, I shouldn't be here. If I could go back, I would have cut the drinking and other things down quite a bit and focused on getting into med school.

It is one thing to get a light buzz. Quite another to be blast out of your mind. Those mornings were you wake up and don't want to open your eyes or a missing chunks of time are not good - and if you had fun you don't remember. The number of times you get behind the wheel.... etc... just not worth it.

Priorities. At that age, you don't have them.
I just don't see the point of something like this being national hockey news. Kids make mistakes. I'm not saying it shouldn't be saw as a problem or mess up because it was. BUT it's up to him to be smarter in the future, and I don't see how it helps to magnify a situation like this. IMO, it just makes the writer sound like an uptight *** looking for a easy way to get attention. Negative or positive. Attention is attention, and stories like this always seem to be blown up to be much bigger than they really are.

Old
09-28-2012, 08:11 PM
CoMoBlues
Jori's here!!!

Quote:
IMO, it just makes the writer sound like an uptight *** looking for a easy way to get attention. Negative or positive. Attention is attention, and stories like this always seem to be blown up to be much bigger than they really are.
Yeah, who cares what Oshie did or didn't do in that elevator!

The writer does seem trite with his ' I like' Schmaltz comment

Old
09-29-2012, 05:43 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Teemu Eronen paired with Erik Karlsson today on the 3rd pairing.

Old
09-29-2012, 08:46 AM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Teemu Eronen paired with Erik Karlsson today on the 3rd pairing.
Excellent! Karlsson is top-notch. Should be good training and learning for Eronen.

Old
09-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Oan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlin View Post
Lehterä 6gp 4g 8a 12p 2.00ppg

I know six games isn`t enough to predict anything but I have said all along this guy should definately be playing in the NHL.
Lehterä now 11gp 5g 11a 16p, and still leading the KHL scoring by a 4 point margin. If I recall correctly he was on the roll last season too, but got injured badly? Does St. Louis still have his rights? I imagine if he keeps the pace he should come to NHL next season, he's not too old to break in imo, 24 years old.

Old
09-29-2012, 06:11 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oan View Post
Lehterä now 11gp 5g 11a 16p, and still leading the KHL scoring by a 4 point margin. If I recall correctly he was on the roll last season too, but got injured badly? Does St. Louis still have his rights? I imagine if he keeps the pace he should come to NHL next season, he's not too old to break in imo, 24 years old.
Yes, The Blues still own his NHL rights.

Old
09-30-2012, 12:25 PM
ChadS

Eronen played, not so suprisingly, extremely well next to Karlsson.

Here's some video of the game:
2:05 first a shot, then creates a second scoring chance.
3:31 good pass to set up a teammate
4:02 -> blueline play with Karlsson

Old
09-30-2012, 01:36 PM
SneakerPimp82

Send a message via AIM to SneakerPimp82
Quote:

/End rant
I think the pertinent point is in this sentence, "One of those players could have died from either alcohol poisoning or from choking on their own vomit in the middle of the night."

If you read the reports on what happened, these guys weren't just drunk, they were absolutely blitzed. They couldn't walk at all, and one of them was completely unresponsive when they tried to wake him. It's one thing to have slurred speech and a sway in your walk, it's quite another to be so drunk you can't walk at all and not respond at all during attempts to wake you up. They all had acute alcohol poisoning from the descriptions of their physical state, and like the author of that article stated, if the guy who was unresponsive had puked while he was passed out, there's a fair chance he chokes on his own vomit.

With that said, we've all had those 1 or 2 times when we get blackout drunk in college, and luckily a majority of us come through without tragic results. But i don't think a lot of us realize how close we really come to something really bad happening, not to mention most of us aren't 1st round draft picks in the NHL.

Old
09-30-2012, 04:00 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPimp82 View Post
I think the pertinent point is in this sentence, "One of those players could have died from either alcohol poisoning or from choking on their own vomit in the middle of the night."

If you read the reports on what happened, these guys weren't just drunk, they were absolutely blitzed. They couldn't walk at all, and one of them was completely unresponsive when they tried to wake him. It's one thing to have slurred speech and a sway in your walk, it's quite another to be so drunk you can't walk at all and not respond at all during attempts to wake you up. They all had acute alcohol poisoning from the descriptions of their physical state, and like the author of that article stated, if the guy who was unresponsive had puked while he was passed out, there's a fair chance he chokes on his own vomit.

With that said, we've all had those 1 or 2 times when we get blackout drunk in college, and luckily a majority of us come through without tragic results. But i don't think a lot of us realize how close we really come to something really bad happening, not to mention most of us aren't 1st round draft picks in the NHL.
I thought the report said that there was someone there watching them? I don't know. It doesn't sound much different from other college parties, and I think it's a big deal made of something that wasn't. Probably happens all the time in a lot of the programs and this just happened to be caught.

Old
10-02-2012, 11:23 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Teemu Eronen in action: http://www.yycast.com/nibedi_com Game in the second period, Eronen just scored the first goal of the game. Edit: Pulkkinen tipped his shot, so an assist to Eronen.

Old
10-03-2012, 08:44 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Rattie's off to a slow start. 1 Assist in 5 games. I'm not all that concerned, but I would like to see him turn it around soon.

Old
10-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
Rattie's off to a slow start. 1 Assist in 5 games. I'm not all that concerned, but I would like to see him turn it around soon.
I know that his linemates are less skilled than last seasons, but I'm a little surprised his totals are SO low.

Old
10-03-2012, 07:12 PM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2616
Yeah...And here I predicted him to have a record year.

Old
10-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Eronen scored a shorty on Tuesday 2-4 loss to Kärpät and and has today scored a shorty against Tappara. I hope this doesn't mean another loss...

Old
10-05-2012, 11:16 AM
as15

Schmaltz makes his debut tomorrow for UND. Granted it is only an exhibition but it is usually a good indicator to what kind of role he will have on the team this year.

Old
10-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Eronen with a highlight reel pass to V. Filppula's goal, another 1+1 game for him.

Old
10-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Eronen with a highlight reel pass to V. Filppula's goal, another 1+1 game for him.
Are his offensive skills really that good? He may not have the strongest shot (stereotyping small dmen), but is he someone that could push the play in the NHL?

edit- Watched the highlights above, and he definitely has some wheels.

Old
10-05-2012, 06:49 PM
h22prelude93

Here's a list of the Blues NCAA Prospects and which of their games will be televised this season.

Sam Kurker- Boston U (D1)

Max Gardiner- Penn State U (D1)

Maxwell Tardy- U of Minnesota-Duluth (D1)

Colton Parayko - U of Alaska- Fairbanks (D1)

Jordan Schmaltz - U North Dakota (D1)

Nov.9 - BU vs. Merrimack - 6:30CST (FCS)
Nov.30 - Boston College vs. BU - 6:30CST (NBCSN)
Dec.1 - BU vs. Boston College - 6:30CST (NBCSN)
Dec.8 - Maine vs BU - 7:00CST (NBCSN)
Feb. 8 - UND vs. Nebraska - 6:30CST (NBCSN)
Feb. 15 - BU vs Maine - 6:30CST (NBCSN)
Feb. 22 - UND vs Denver - 9:00CST (NBCSN)
Feb. 23 - Minnesota-Duluth vs. Minnesota - 7:00CST (BTN)
Mar. 8 - BU vs Northeastern - 6:30CST (CBSSN)
Mar. 15 - Hockey East Quarter-Final - 6:00CST (NBCSN)
Mar. 22 - Hockey East Semi-Final - 3/6:00CST (NBCSN)
Mar. 23 Hockey East Final - 6:00CST (NBCSN)

Last edited by h22prelude93: 10-07-2012 at 12:01 AM.
Old
10-06-2012, 06:55 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Highlights from yesterday's Tappara-Jokerit game:

Jani Hakanpää also scored yesterday in a 2-1 win for Espoo Blues. Highlights of that game here (if you can see them): http://www.nelonenpro.fi/j%C3%A4%C3%...-blues-5102012

Last edited by Jussi: 10-06-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old
10-06-2012, 08:32 AM
stlweir

Is Travis Erstad still playing? What is he, 30 years old now?

Old
10-06-2012, 01:38 PM
h22prelude93

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
Is Travis Erstad still playing? What is he, 30 years old now?
He's 23 and still a senior in college, but after checking again you're right he actually doesn't play anymore due to injuries so I removed him from the list. It will be neat to see Sam Kurker play in quite a few games though and Jordan Schmaltz in a couple as well. Let me know if there's anyone else I forgot.

Closed Thread