HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bouwmeester to Colorado?

Old
06-29-2012, 12:12 AM
thaman8765678

vCash: 500
As a flames fan I do Bartschi + Bouw for Duchene in a second. Bartschi could end up really good but I don't think him being a star player is anywhere near certain. Bouwmeester is almost negative value at this point so to throw him in there is awesome. However, I highly doubt the Avs accept this deal because they get to tear apart Bouw 5 games a season and see how overrated he really is by Flames fans.

thaman8765678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:14 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaman8765678 View Post
As a flames fan I do Bartschi + Bouw for Duchene in a second. Bartschi could end up really good but I don't think him being a star player is anywhere near certain. Bouwmeester is almost negative value at this point so to throw him in there is awesome. However, I highly doubt the Avs accept this deal because they get to tear apart Bouw 5 games a season and see how overrated he really is by Flames fans.
Based on what?

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:15 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
I'd take him over both of those players. Hes more durable and better defensively than both, can log more minutes as well.
Easy to be durable when you're butter soft. Campbell was way better this year, no other ways around it. Only a homer would think otherwise. 54 pts, playing in all situations for playoff Panthers team. Visnovsky, I'd take him over Bouwmeester too since he is great defensively positioning wise, while bringing an offensive threat on the back end.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:17 AM
Lonewolfe2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Thats fine I wouldn't move Sven for Stastny.
While I will refrain from posting my surprise, since you guys don't really have the cap structure to handle that type of move. I am a bit perplexed by the fact you'd sooner keep an unproven prospect winger over acquiring a young #1 center that would instantly validate what is left of your aging core to give Iggy his final run.

Quote:
We never asked.
And I never did either.

Quote:
I'd take him over both of those players. Hes more durable and better defensively than both, can log more minutes as well.

I'm not interested in hearing why you don't like Bouw, i've heard all the arguments before. If you don't want him on the Avs, thats fine.
Campbell is superior to JBow, it's not even debatable. JBow outside of Calgary might and I stress might, be able to return to his Florida-like dominance. But even then it'd be a debate compared to now. Campbell went from a strong blue line where he was an important piece to its stability, to running Florida's blue line. He has no character concerns, his offense is far superior and his defensive game is pretty good.

And he was traded for Olesz.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:18 AM
thaman8765678

Quote:
Based on what?
-Contract wise 6.8 Million - about 1 or 2 million overpaid

-Average defensively, below average offensively, terrible physically and butter soft

-Never made playoffs... at some point you have to wonder if the guy cares about winning when he continues to play bad in games the playoffs are on the line.

-Not a guy you win with which pretty much means he's negative value unless you are going to use him as a second pairing dman. No team would want to pay a second pairing dman 7 million however so that's kind of what it comes down to.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:21 AM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
While I will refrain from posting my surprise, since you guys don't really have the cap structure to handle that type of move. I am a bit perplexed by the fact you'd sooner keep an unproven prospect winger over acquiring a young #1 center that would instantly validate what is left of your aging core to give Iggy his final run.

And I never did either.

Campbell is superior to JBow, it's not even debatable. JBow outside of Calgary might and I stress might, be able to return to his Florida-like dominance. But even then it'd be a debate compared to now. Campbell went from a strong blue line where he was an important piece to its stability, to running Florida's blue line. He has no character concerns, his offense is far superior and his defensive game is pretty good.

Except when he was traded he was a 26 point #3 defesemen and appeared to be the downswing of his career.

You can't compare his value now to what is was at the time of the trade. He has now reestablished himself as a top pairing player.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:21 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:

Simple I don't think he is a number 1 centerman anymore he could return but I believe Sven will be a better player than Stastny is and even with Stastny we aren't a cup contender it isn't worth it.

The point is he is worth more than what Campbell was not is.

Answers in red.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:22 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:

And I never did either.

He wasn't a 56 point player when he was traded, which ruins your argument. You can only use his value when the trade happened. If Chicago thought he would put up 56 points this year they wouldn't of moved him.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:24 AM
Hans Landaskog

lol @ this thread. Delusional Flames fans and poor trading partners to boot.

oh btw, same division, Duchene will never be traded to a team within the division. Even NHL 12 will tell you that Sven for Matt is a stupid trade.

Hans Landaskog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:25 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OReally View Post

oh btw, same division, Duchene will never be traded to a team within the division. Even NHL 12 will tell you that Sven for Matt is a stupid trade.
NHL 12 wouldn't do a trade must mean it is a bad one

Old
Rhaego

Quote:

Sven sucks in NHL 12

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
-Contract wise 6.8 Million - about 1 or 2 million overpaid

With Cap increases its closer to 1million

-Average defensively, below average offensively, terrible physically and butter soft

Far above average defensively, he is average offensively if you actually stopped to look at D-scoring league wide. I will admit his phyiscal game is down-right disappointing.

-Never made playoffs... at some point you have to wonder if the guy cares about winning when he continues to play bad in games the playoffs are on the line.

Playoff births don't really have a lot do with value. Its more what you do when you get there.

-Not a guy you win with which pretty much means he's negative value unless you are going to use him as a second pairing dman. No team would want to pay a second pairing dman 7 million however so that's kind of what it comes down to.

Hes only 28, could I borrow your crystal ball?

You are so far off base, I can't believe I even bothered responding to this.

bold.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:27 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:

Cool story non-biased 3rd party.

It sure is great that we have the NHL12 guru in the room. Something tells me you should've stayed on the couch.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:28 AM
Ashasx

I feel the need to mention that an Avs fan started this thread.

The Flames aren't going to give Bouwmeester away.

Ashasx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:28 AM
thaman8765678

Quote:
Answers in red.
I would agree with you that it almost seems pointless to trade Sven when he could very well end up a number 1 center. However you can't compare Bouwmeester now to Campbell when he was traded. If Bouw was on Chicago he would have also been on the second pairing behind Keith and Seabrook. Behind Bouwmeester is Sarich/Hannan/Brodie who are all third pairing defenders on many teams. So Bouw playing 26 minutes a night is based on the rest of the Flames defenders skill level, not because he plays good.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:30 AM
hawkeyguru93

I would assume that Calgary would probably ask for Statsny and I wouldn't mind giving Statsny up as long as we are able to get a solid third line center through free agency like Langkow or Dominic Moore. (Even though I wish McClement would come back).

But what does everyone think about something like:

To Colorado
Bouwmeester
Tanguay
Nemisz

To Calgary
Statsny
Elliott/Barrie

hawkeyguru93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:31 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
I would agree with you that it almost seems pointless to trade Sven when he could very well end up a number 1 center. However you can't compare Bouwmeester now to Campbell when he was traded. If Bouw was on Chicago he would have also been on the second pairing behind Keith and Seabrook. Behind Bouwmeester is Sarich/Hannan/Brodie who are all third pairing defenders on many teams. So Bouw playing 26 minutes a night is based on the rest of the Flames defenders skill level, not because he plays good.
Uh what? Sven isn't a center. And had Jbo been on Chicago he would of had more than 26 points.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:32 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyguru93 View Post
I would assume that Calgary would probably ask for Statsny and I wouldn't mind giving Statsny up as long as we are able to get a solid third line center through free agency like Langkow or Dominic Moore. (Even though I wish McClement would come back).

To Colorado
Bouwmeester
Tanguay
Nemisz

To Calgary
Statsny
Elliott/Barrie
This seems close. I think Colorado would want a replacement center back though. Something Calgary can't really provide unless you want Ragin' Stajan which I am sure you don't.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:32 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:

To Colorado
Bouwmeester
Tanguay
Nemisz

To Calgary
Statsny
Elliott/Barrie
Leave out Tanguay and take out the prospects from Col.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:34 AM
jfisher6
#thestructure

Quote:
I would agree with you that it almost seems pointless to trade Sven when he could very well end up a number 1 center.
He's a winger >.<

Quote:

To Colorado
Bouwmeester
Tanguay
Nemisz

To Calgary
Statsny
Elliott/Barrie
Colorado should say no to this. Ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
I feel the need to mention that an Avs fan started this thread.

The Flames aren't going to give Bouwmeester away.
The same Avs fan proposed trading Duchene.

jfisher6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:34 AM
Hans Landaskog

Quote:
Cool story non-biased 3rd party.

It sure is great that we have the NHL12 guru in the room. Something tells me you should've stayed on the couch.
I am on the couch, and obviously I'm not taking NHL 12 seriously, nor your JBO and Sven for Duchene. Horrible trade.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:35 AM
thaman8765678

Quote:
Uh what? Sven isn't a center. And had Jbo been on Chicago he would of had more than 26 points.
Yeah that's my bad meant number one line forward. And you can't say for sure what would have happened in Chicago because he didn't play there. He could have played better than he has with Calgary or worse noone can say for sure.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:36 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
I am on the couch, and obviously I'm not taking NHL 12 seriously, nor your JBO and Sven for Duchene. Horrible trade.
An Avs fan proposed that. Stick to NHL12.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:37 AM
Hans Landaskog

Quote:
An Avs fan proposed that. Stick to NHL12.
I can't tell if you are a troll, or just stupid.

Old
06-29-2012, 12:37 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:

To Colorado
Bouwmeester
Tanguay
Nemisz

To Calgary
Statsny
Elliott/Barrie
Replace Tanguay and Nemisz with a more complete player. I don't think trading him (Staz) is a smart move considering we can get a (no offense) better defenseman straight up for someone like Marc Staal, etc.

I created this thread to see what Flame fans think Bouwmeester is worth and to see if we could get a good deal. For Avs point of view, we need to get him fairly cheap to make the trade good for our side. I definitely understand why Flame fans want more for him, but doubt he would get that much (Stastny) or more, IMO.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote