HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bouwmeester to Colorado?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-29-2012, 10:12 AM
  #176
Drij
Registered User
 
Drij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,777
vCash: 500
Don't really want Bouwmeester unless the Avs don't sign anyone. And still it would depend on the price, we don't need him that badly.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 10:14 AM
  #177
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,908
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drij View Post
Don't really want Bouwmeester unless the Avs don't sign anyone. And still it would depend on the price, we don't need him that badly.
Run down of the thread

Jbo + pick for Stastny

or

Jbo for top 4 defenseman + prospect.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 10:44 AM
  #178
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Run down of the thread

Jbo + pick for Stastny

or

Jbo for top 4 defenseman + prospect.
Just to clear this up, Stastny is worth more than a top 4 dman + prospect. Therefore he's worth more than JBow + pick.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:25 AM
  #179
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone
 
CGYPUKSUX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hockey Purgatory
Posts: 2,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Stastny plays like he always played.

Here's a post by Lonewolfe from our boards:
I really don't care what one of your posters has to say on the topic, nor his convoluted take on statistics to support his claim. I was giving you my impression of your players from the time I've spent watching them over the past three to four seasons and the observations on their games. The guy can argue all he wants, but Stastny doesn't play the same game he did two seasons ago. He's become less intense and it shows. I think he is living off of reputation right now, which is okay. There are lots of players, especially on the Flames, that do the same thing. I personally want less players who are living off of reputation and more players who go out and earn their reputation through their current play. I don't see Stastny as one of those. Don't feel jaded by that comment either. I think Iginla is the exact same way for Calgary and one of the reasons I would prefer he was traded to another team.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:29 AM
  #180
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGYPUKSUX View Post
I really don't care what one of your posters has to say on the topic, nor his convoluted take on statistics to support his claim. I was giving you my impression of your players from the time I've spent watching them over the past three to four seasons and the observations on their games. The guy can argue all he wants, but Stastny doesn't play the same game he did two seasons ago. He's become less intense and it shows. I think he is living off of reputation right now, which is okay. There are lots of players, especially on the Flames, that do the same thing. I personally want less players who are living off of reputation and more players who go out and earn their reputation through their current play. I don't see Stastny as one of those. Don't feel jaded by that comment either. I think Iginla is the exact same way for Calgary and one of the reasons I would prefer he was traded to another team.
I guess I have to believe you rather than my eyes.

And quite frankly I couldn't care less about what you think about Stastny.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:11 PM
  #181
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!
 
2 Minute Minor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Temple, Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 7,756
vCash: 50
Is there at least one of these threads for Bouwmeester to each of the 29 other teams? I find it confusing. Is it Calgary fans that really want to move him? Why?

On his current contract and recent play since leaving Florida, I just don't see that he has the value that Flames fans seem to think he has.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:33 PM
  #182
Janks
Pope Janks
 
Janks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Is there at least one of these threads for Bouwmeester to each of the 29 other teams? I find it confusing. Is it Calgary fans that really want to move him? Why?

On his current contract and recent play since leaving Florida, I just don't see that he has the value that Flames fans seem to think he has.
The first Jbo to STL was made by a STL fan. Thats what, more or less, started the tirade of Jbo to (insert your team) threads. Which have turned into "Lets **** on the Flames" thread.

Calgary WILL move him if we get the return we want, but we aren't trying to get rid of him or actively shopping him. If the market doesn't opt to pay a good price, he won't be moved. Simple.

His value comes from him playing 26-30 minutes a night, shutting down top line players, and despite low production - he's still in the top 50 for defenseman

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:40 PM
  #183
Drij
Registered User
 
Drij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGYPUKSUX View Post
No more than Colorado fans or any other team for that matter. It's all part of being a fan. Now speaking to delusions, I do find it interesting that a team with two number one centers managed to finish behind a team of scrubs like the Flames. How did that happen again?
Iginla is a scrub? Nice to know.

Drij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:45 PM
  #184
NOTENOUGHBREWER
Registered User
 
NOTENOUGHBREWER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 8,676
vCash: 500
Joke of the century.

When their careers have been played out, the Avs and Flames homers in this thread will be the ones eating crow.

Right now Landeskog, Bartschi, and Duchene should be sold high before their value declines. They're all worth second round picks at best. Maybe third rounders in a strong draft. None of them will be impact players in the NHL.

Bouwmeester is a stud #1 dman and Calgary will pick top three for half a decade if they lose him.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:47 PM
  #185
Hans Landaskog
Registered User
 
Hans Landaskog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 5,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGYPUKSUX View Post
No more than Colorado fans or any other team for that matter. It's all part of being a fan. Now speaking to delusions, I do find it interesting that a team with two number one centers managed to finish behind a team of scrubs like the Flames. How did that happen again?
poor coaching and putrid divisional record?

Hans Landaskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 12:48 PM
  #186
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,790
vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTENOUGHBREWER View Post
Joke of the century.

When their careers have been played out, the Avs and Flames homers in this thread will be the ones eating crow.

Right now Landeskog, Bartschi, and Duchene should be sold high before their value declines. They're all worth second round picks at best. Maybe third rounders in a strong draft. None of them will be impact players in the NHL.

Bouwmeester is a stud #1 dman and Calgary will pick top three for half a decade if they lose him.
oh wow, just wow.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 02:23 PM
  #187
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!
 
2 Minute Minor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Temple, Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 7,756
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael Backlund View Post
The first Jbo to STL was made by a STL fan. Thats what, more or less, started the tirade of Jbo to (insert your team) threads. Which have turned into "Lets **** on the Flames" thread.

Calgary WILL move him if we get the return we want, but we aren't trying to get rid of him or actively shopping him. If the market doesn't opt to pay a good price, he won't be moved. Simple.

His value comes from him playing 26-30 minutes a night, shutting down top line players, and despite low production - he's still in the top 50 for defenseman
Doesn't your team have 10 defensemen on one-way contracts at the moment? I think there may be more urgency to move Bouwmeester than you suggest (or at least move SOMEONE).

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 02:33 PM
  #188
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Is there at least one of these threads for Bouwmeester to each of the 29 other teams? I find it confusing. Is it Calgary fans that really want to move him? Why?

On his current contract and recent play since leaving Florida, I just don't see that he has the value that Flames fans seem to think he has.
Depends what people are expecting to get for him. He has two years left, alot of teams seem to think he's just a pure cap dump. We had a Leafs fan propose a trade of JBO and our 2013 2nd or 3rd for one of Connolly or Lombardi, this all happened on our boards too!

JBO's play obviously isn't in line with his contract, but he is still a good, serviceable dman. In order for Calgary to get the best value for him I really feel he'd need to be moved for a cap dump and futures (picks/prospects)

Another problem is Calgary and Feaster really do need to be selective in what moves they make right now, if it looks as Feaster is moving players that can help them team right now for futures then it's entirely possible it rubs Iggy the wrong way and that he might just up and leave at the end of his contract.

I really don't think that would happen, but you never know.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 02:35 PM
  #189
ShootIt
Registered User
 
ShootIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 561
Country: United States
Posts: 6,768
vCash: 500
If I'm Colorado's GM I rather overpay Garrison than trade for Bouw.

ShootIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 02:38 PM
  #190
blankall
Registered User
 
blankall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Doesn't your team have 10 defensemen on one-way contracts at the moment? I think there may be more urgency to move Bouwmeester than you suggest (or at least move SOMEONE).
None of the Flames defencemen have imovable contracts. There's zero urgency to move JBo as any of the other contracts will easily be movable. Especially when the FAs dry up.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 02:52 PM
  #191
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 7,130
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Doesn't your team have 10 defensemen on one-way contracts at the moment? I think there may be more urgency to move Bouwmeester than you suggest (or at least move SOMEONE).
Four of those contracts are under $0.75 million/year. There's no urgency.

Stewie Griffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 02:59 PM
  #192
AvsPredsFan19
Registered User
 
AvsPredsFan19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Breckenridge, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 128
vCash: 500
No. I don't want Bouwmeester.

AvsPredsFan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 03:28 PM
  #193
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Dust Buster
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,550
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Good god.

Not sure if you're trying to suck up to Avs fans here? Duchene is a good talent, no doubting that, even great when he's on his game.

But 5 is the number.

5 is the number of C's that put up 80 points last year, Duchene has a ways to go before he hits that number, not to say he won't hit 80, but I don't think he'll be a guy that puts up 80 every year.

Trading Baertschi and our 1st to guy Duchene is a stupid move, a stupid proposal and something that Darryl Sutter would have done.

The Flames shouldn't be looking to move Baertschi, let alone Baertschi plus, really for the main reason that they can't afford to.
Actually not sucking to anyone, thanks. I just don't have my homer goggles on. Duchene is a top tier talent and has all the tools to be a top 10 player in this league for a very long time. I'm not naive enough to think that a sub par injury plagued season would change what he is.

And why are you all wrapped up in who's better between Sven or Duchene and getting in a pissing match over it? Who the hell cares, both are good players but I Duchene is more NHL proven.

And I also disagree that Sutter would of made that move, Sutter never got us a #1C.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 03:30 PM
  #194
MISC*
Negged.
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
If I'm Colorado's GM I rather overpay Garrison than trade for Bouw.
Agree 100%.

MISC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 03:36 PM
  #195
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Actually not sucking to anyone, thanks. I just don't have my homer goggles on. Duchene is a top tier talent and has all the tools to be a top 10 player in this league for a very long time. I'm not naive enough to think that a sub par injury plagued season would change what he is.

And why are you all wrapped up in who's better between Sven or Duchene and getting in a pissing match over it? Who the hell cares, both are good players but I Duchene is more NHL proven.

And I also disagree that Sutter would of made that move, Sutter never got us a #1C.
I didn't say Sven was better then Duchene and he isn't. I said that Calgary shouldn't be moving Sven+. And they shouldn't. Can you wrap your mind around that? Probably not, but here's to hoping.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 04:12 PM
  #196
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Dust Buster
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,550
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
I didn't say Sven was better then Duchene and he isn't. I said that Calgary shouldn't be moving Sven+. And they shouldn't. Can you wrap your mind around that? Probably not, but here's to hoping.
Not that Colorado ever would, but the Flames would be stupid not to trade Sven for Duchene. And I would do Sven and a 1st Duchene, because we would finally have a franchise centreman.

Sven will likely be a top 6 or even top 3 winger, but its not a certain. Everyone knows what Duchene is and his talent is as good as anyone's in the NHL.

Anyways, this is useless to argue about. Neither scenario is realistic and this thread is about Bouwmeester.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 04:18 PM
  #197
Neeraj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Where did I defend Bouwmeester?
you can't possibly be serious...

JBO + Sven <<< Duchene

Neeraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:06 PM
  #198
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry
 
Rorschach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 6,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
You wanna know what's poopy? Depth of the 2012 free agent market for defenseman.
You mean free agent "pool" right? Because the market, the demand, is greater than ever.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 08:27 PM
  #199
Cypher
#GenieArmy
 
Cypher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsPredsFan19 View Post
No. I don't want Bouwmeester.
Why not? He had as many goals for the Avs as Wilson and O'Byrne

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...2,1166&lang=en

Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.