HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Trades/UFA/Roster Discussion Thread (Bobby Ryan is "Available") Part II

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
My friend who listens to the Sabres radio told me one of the guys was talking about a potential deal (I think he was just proposing it, not that their were any roots to it).

To ANA: Nash
To BUF: Ryan
To Col: Buf 1st, then some Buf prospects I don't know.

I said BS but just throwing it out here for what its worth.
That seems in line with the 2 players, 2 prospects, and a pick that Howson is after

Old
07-02-2012, 11:39 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
I think Palmieri has a full time spot. I also think another rookie will be on the team.
Vatanen seemed like a lock before we signed Souray. Who else would we look at? Holland? Maybe Etem, but he has to LOCK up a top 6 spot.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Doothpick
RIP Ruslan Salei

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuqTalk View Post
I'm inclined to agree with you, I just don't see Ryan working with that line. He's miles better with Getzlaf and Perry than he's ever been with Koivu and Selanne.
That's true. Ryan plays a different type of hockey than the Finnish duo. Koivu and Selanne excel in transition offence, something that Ryan has never showed a knack for.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:48 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
A skating bear could do a better job. You could count on him to stand up for his teammates...when he's not trying to eat them, at least.
Found the bear for ya.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:54 PM
airforceones25

Lol we forgive you

Old
07-03-2012, 12:00 AM
Paul4587

Hagman and Blake were never returning. Both were awful down the stretch for us and neither provide much grit or any decent amount of scoring ability.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:06 AM
airforceones25

Murray is a pimp and his hand is strong.

He's going to turn Ryan into Couturier, Voracek and Laughton. Then signs Doan. My magic 8 ball said yes!

Doan - Getzlaf - Perry
Palmieri - Koivu - Selanne
DSP - Couturier - Voracek
Cogliano - Bonino - Beleskey
Staubitz

Beauchemin - Fowler
Sbisa - Souray
Allen - Lydman

Team is going to go ham.... Yes before you ask my magic 8 ball said yes!

Old
07-03-2012, 12:09 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Anaheim isn't getting Couturier -and- Voracek. That is an awful deal for the Flyers.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:14 AM
Gibson Les Palms
#firebruce #hirebabs

vCash: 50
I'm a little surprised we haven't heard more from the Senators.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:24 AM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

Perry, out of the big three, seems to be the guy that can make the players around him better. Getzlaf can create some wicked beautiful plays that lead to nothing if a guy like Cogliano is on the receiving end of a pass . I've always wanted to see Perry get his "own line" so-to-speak for this very reason.

Perry - like Getzlaf - is also an excellent playmaker and makes a lot of things happen because out of the big three, he's the one that's willing to go to the net no matter what. He can snipe you, grind you down in the corner, and completely piss off the goalie in front of the net. He does everything. I've always thought the key to a guy like Bonino or Holland making the jump during their call-ups would be giving them ice time with the best all-around player on our team. Hell, I'll go as far as calling Perry our best player. I believe it.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Paul4587

I disagree, that big line has always been motored by Getzlaf. It's no conincidence that Perry went on his absolute tear the year he won the hart when Getzlaf came back. There seems to be a myth going around that Perry produced more when Getzlaf was hurt but if you check the stats with and without Getzlaf that year, he was miles better with Getzlaf.

Up until the hart year, Getzlaf was always considered the better player. If Getzlaf is healthy that year he would have hit close to 95 points which would have put him only just behind Perry. Last year Getzlaf absolutely sucked and the whole line suffered, it was the first year that Perry significantly outperformed Getzlaf.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:36 AM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Anaheim isn't getting Couturier -and- Voracek. That is an awful deal for the Flyers.
Let's not forget, Paul Holmgren is an absolute ******. I doubt he'll give that much up, but if he's got his sights set on Ryan, with a bit of Clarkie's prodding as well, and I can easily see him making an awful deal for the Flyers.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:56 AM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
There seems to be a myth going around that Perry produced more when Getzlaf was hurt but if you check the stats with and without Getzlaf that year, he was miles better with Getzlaf.
Well, absolutely. There's no denying that Getzlaf is an elite centerman himself. He definitely put Perry over the top that year. I don't believe for one second Perry was better without Getzlaf.

Quote:
Last year Getzlaf absolutely sucked and the whole line suffered, it was the first year that Perry significantly outperformed Getzlaf.
It's not fair to say that. Last year everybody sucked, and everybody suffered. I think we just need to erase all of last year from our memory in terms of what kind of production anybody put out.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:24 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Let's not forget, Paul Holmgren is an absolute ******. I doubt he'll give that much up, but if he's got his sights set on Ryan, with a bit of Clarkie's prodding as well, and I can easily see him making an awful deal for the Flyers.
Holmgren has handed out a couple of very questionable contracts but I would hardly call him an "absolute ******". Philly has been among the best teams in the league with him as GM and I can't think of a single trade where he's been bent over.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:29 AM
Markus078

I still believe that a fix line of Bobby-Bonino-Palmeri will surprise a lot of people.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:35 AM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Holmgren has handed out a couple of very questionable contracts but I would hardly call him an "absolute ******". Philly has been among the best teams in the league with him as GM and I can't think of a single trade where he's been bent over.
I would, in the sense that his team doesn't have a ton of space, has major questions on the defensive end, so he's been targeting trades for Bobby Ryan and Rick Nash, or trying to sign Parise. They're trying to sign Suter as well, but that seems like a longshot at this point, despite them offering a ton. I'd say giving out two seperate $100m offers when you have limited space and major CBA uncertainty is more than questionable. Major absolute ****** was a bit harsh, but I really don't think he's a smart GM, and if, say, Pittsburgh gets Parise, which I think they will, I can easily see him making a trade he's going to regret for Ryan.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:37 AM
Tony O

Do you know what is missing from this trading Ryan conversation? How are the Ducks going to make up the 30+ goals that Ryan supplies? I’m not trying to grandstand it’s an honest question.

To that point, I’m not sure that Ryan can get the Ducks a young NHL ready center and good young wing. I think we may be fooling ourselves on what kind of return Bobby will bring.

Old
07-03-2012, 01:39 AM
2faded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus078 View Post
I still believe that a fix line of Bobby-Bonino-Palmeri will surprise a lot of people.
I think so too. I think Palmieri will surprise.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:08 AM
Doothpick
RIP Ruslan Salei

Palmieri is a big question mark for me going into this season. His 1st year here he was a defensive liability and was completely outmatched physically. Last season he showed improvement on both accounts, and I'm fairly confident that with a good training camp, he'll start the season with the big club. 15G 15A would be my realistic expectation. That obviously depends on which line he'll be slotted into, and can he find chemistry with his linemates.

Getzlaf/Perry
Koivu/Selanne
Ryan/Bonino

My guess is he'll end up playing with one of those pairs.

Old
07-03-2012, 02:42 AM
Elvs

vCash: 708
I don't know why people keep saying that we're $7 mil under the floor. If you're using capgeek, there's some "errors" there. You have to send JDD down, call up Fasth and Palmieri, and assume Bonino signs his QO and Selanne signs for $4 mil again, then you're suddenly at $53.2 mil.

So, had the Ducks signed Jokinen beyond that (for the same prize as Winnipeg), then it's $57.7 mil with two forwards still needed to be signed. Unless one of Lydman/Cogliano/Ryan is traded, or unless the the internal cap goes up with a couple of mil, I don't see how Murray is supposed to sign a top six center (or winger) for more than $3 mil.

At this point I'm hoping for Huselius, it would be a much better choice than Sykora or Sullivan among the offensive wingers they could afford for that prize... Younger and could probably still hit 50 points if healthy, which is the issue. I hope the budget goes up though, at least to the point where they could get someone even younger and more physical like Kostitsyn.

Last edited by Elvs: 07-03-2012 at 03:07 AM.
Old
07-03-2012, 02:55 AM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Welcome to one month ago!

Old
07-03-2012, 05:35 AM
Finnpin

Glad to see Ott out of Dallas.

Old
07-03-2012, 05:48 AM
Finnpin

What if Vatanen will have amazing training camp and preseason games and shows he is ready and earns the NHL spot immediately (and that basically sending him to AHL is useless) ...and that is a possible...even more that somebody might think here.

somebody gets traded?

Old
07-03-2012, 06:09 AM
Kalvinators
Go Ducks!

Not saying i like it, but i think that Bobby is gone.

Old
07-03-2012, 07:13 AM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
If the margins are that tight, then you can't afford any wingers to play with that center. We wouldn't be trading an MVP level player to keep Ryan on the roster. We'd be trading him to have a full roster.

Of course, none of this matters, since this isn't the reason why Bobby will be traded. It's obvious when we can't afford a player. We saw that with Pronger. There wasn't a lot of ambiguity heading into that off season.
I didn't say we can't afford him. I'm saying what we're at is what we can afford. Center is more important and we're deep at wing in the system. Moving Ryan's money to center makes sense.

Quote:
It's a bit early in the conversation for the desperate snark, isn't it?
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Perry + Getzlaf work together and could justify the extra cash. I'm not convinced Ryan + Getzlaf works, even at less cash.
Ryan + Getzlaf would work as well as Ryan + anybody. Ryan's kind of a free radical. It might make him happier since he was whining before about being the 3rd wheel on that line, but who knows.

Closed Thread