HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Which "Internet meme" will you "be" the most during next season?

Old
08-14-2012, 10:55 AM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

vCash: 500
Which "Internet meme" will you "be" the most during next season?

If you would take a guess based on the roster, expectations and all that etc etc , which one will you be/use the most do you think?

I'm going with:

Reasons:
I have extremely low expectations on this team, they might miss the playoffs or just barely squeek in, and that's what I expect so when they lose - and they will plenty of times I will get the feeling "I ain't even mad..I expected this"

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 11:29 AM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

My predictions

Watching our defense this season

Watching Datsyuk and Zetterberg for another season

Howard and Gustavsson this season

Kronwalled55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Just made this. Pretty self explanatory lol.

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 11:46 AM
irishtemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
If you would take a guess based on the roster, expectations and all that etc etc , which one will you be/use the most do you think?

I'm going with:

Reasons:
I have extremely low expectations on this team, they might miss the playoffs or just barely squeek in, and that's what I expect so when they lose - and they will plenty of times I will get the feeling "I ain't even mad..I expected this"
That was the exact meme I was going to go with: "I ain't even mad."

irishtemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 12:28 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

"WTF is this ****". I would upload the pic but it has bad words.

WingedWheel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 12:38 PM
aLus

aLus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 12:43 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by aLus View Post
Thank you.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 01:37 PM
GentlemanMasher*
Registered Abuser

Seriously, we still have a very good team. I think the problem lately hasn't been talent as much as hard work. Get us skating hard again and we can win. We won with Kopecky, Lilja, Lebda, Sammy, Quincey, etc. It's just a matter of actually putting forth a serious effort like we used to and I think we'll be pleasantly surprised.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg better.jpg‎ (298.1 KB, 51 views)

GentlemanMasher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 02:37 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

I dont really agree with your definition of "very good" A team that just got worse than a team the previous year that got demolished in the first round of the playoffs hardly qualifies as very good.

I think the right word we are looking for is mediocre.

We won with Z/Dats/Lidstrom/Rafi/Stuart all playing like stars/elite super stars. This is the most untalented Red Wings team in a very long time. It has plenty of hard workers that cant convert any of that work into production.

Old
08-14-2012, 03:26 PM
CorbeauNoir

Anyone puts a 'le' in front of an english noun in this thread because LOLREDDIT XD, I'm getting a shotgun and finding out where you live.

CorbeauNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Sameheda

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanMasher View Post
Seriously, we still have a very good team. I think the problem lately hasn't been talent as much as hard work. Get us skating hard again and we can win. We won with Kopecky, Lilja, Lebda, Sammy, Quincey, etc. It's just a matter of actually putting forth a serious effort like we used to and I think we'll be pleasantly surprised.
Totally agree. The work ethic was abysmal for most of last year. We barely got beat in the 1st round with only a couple of our guys really skating hard. I'm looking forward to this season.

Sameheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 04:42 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
I am guessing this at some point.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 05:06 PM
Capsized
Parity is a Disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sameheda View Post
Totally agree. The work ethic was abysmal for most of last year. We barely got beat in the 1st round with only a couple of our guys really skating hard. I'm looking forward to this season.
Barely? We got smoked in 5 games. We scraped up a win to avoid the sweep. We got completely embarrassed on home ice by the Nashville Predators.(A team on which Tootoo was a healthy scratch). The team now is a playoff bubble team who has zero chance at winning the cup.

Capsized is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 05:30 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post

HAHAHAHA, best one yet because I'm sure that will happen within a couple of games, that and Babcock's face gets me everytime.

DatsyukToZetterberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 05:48 PM
GentlemanMasher*
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
I dont really agree with your definition of "very good" A team that just got worse than a team the previous year that got demolished in the first round of the playoffs hardly qualifies as very good.

I think the right word we are looking for is mediocre.
Did you read all of what I said or did you cherry pick? We didn't get "demolished" (we weren't even demolished) because of a lack of talent, it was a lack of effort. Either you and schminks don't know hard work vs floating when you see it, or you're bracing for what you believe to be inevitable pain with the age old forum tradition of claiming we're bad or mediocre or whatever so anything better is a pleasant surprise. This team, skating their ***** off, is a damn good team. Apologies if I don't follow you guys out to the ledge every time something doesn't go perfectly 100% according to plan.

You'd think the concept of hard work would sink in after watching STL and Nashville, two teams that don't have the talent we do, finish very well and have better playoff runs. STL almost ended up first in the league because they took their mediocre roster and hauled ass for 82 games.

Old
08-14-2012, 06:24 PM
Hammerheart
Now how about a hug?

Watching our powerplay:

Hammerheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 06:27 PM
Hammerheart
Now how about a hug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLus View Post
Also, this one. We could turn into the Islanders and I'm just masochistic enough to be just as devoted.

Hammerheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 06:47 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Where's the Ericsson water cooler pic when I really need it?

BENCH!!!!

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 10:27 PM
FissionFire

Because we all know that the Wings don't lose, they have their rightful wins stolen from them by the the biased refs/Bettman's anti-Wings conspiracy/other team diving/injuries/Ken Holland's crappy GMing/Mike Babcock's crappy coaching/etc.....

FissionFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post

Change it to "Back to Grand Rapids" haha

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 10:36 PM
FissionFire

With how much I anticipate us losing this year compared to the past, I'm sure I'll be uttering this under my breath when seeing the irrational posts on here after a loss.

FissionFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2012, 10:39 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanMasher View Post
Did you read all of what I said or did you cherry pick? We didn't get "demolished" (we weren't even demolished) because of a lack of talent, it was a lack of effort. Either you and schminks don't know hard work vs floating when you see it, or you're bracing for what you believe to be inevitable pain with the age old forum tradition of claiming we're bad or mediocre or whatever so anything better is a pleasant surprise. This team, skating their ***** off, is a damn good team. Apologies if I don't follow you guys out to the ledge every time something doesn't go perfectly 100% according to plan.

You'd think the concept of hard work would sink in after watching STL and Nashville, two teams that don't have the talent we do, finish very well and have better playoff runs. STL almost ended up first in the league because they took their mediocre roster and hauled ass for 82 games.
I read everything you said. You think if the Wings won the cup with scrubs like Lilja and Sammy, they can do it again. That was true in 08, but this team is missing a #1 defenseman, a top six forward and real depth players that actually contribute. Helm is the only bottom six player worth a damn.

Wings got older and Z and Datsyuk have obviously declined. Lets not forget we dont even have a 42 year old Lidstrom anymore.

I just find it very hard to see how we still have a very good team when the team we had last year was superior and got destroyed in the 1st round. Wings got worked by Nashville just like they got worked by SJ the past two years. They got outworked because they arent talented enough to compete anymore. They have to work twice as hard as the other team to have any hope of competing. That just isnt realistic.

Mediocrity is the perfect word to describe this years Wings team. You reference the Blues, but they have two elite goalies and ohhhh Alex Pietrangelo who is their future #1 d-man.

Wings skill is what won cups and that skill has rapidly faded from this roster since 2009. Only players who can actually carry the play are Z and Datsyuk.

Out

Rafi, Lidstrom, Hossa, Stuart

Z and Dats cant carry the team like they used to.

In

Sammy....ughhhh, Quincey, (shoot me please), Tootoo, (a guy who was benched in the playoffs), Brunner (Fabian Brunnstrom 2.0)

To quote Mike Babcock, "Losing 4-1 isnt close"

Old
08-14-2012, 10:49 PM
Z40
High Compete Level

These aren't exactly what Mindfly asked for but I couldn't pass up the LuLz.

Z40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 01:32 AM
FabricDetails

FabricDetails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2012, 02:45 AM
GentlemanMasher*
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
I read everything you said. You think if the Wings won the cup with scrubs like Lilja and Sammy, they can do it again. That was true in 08, but this team is missing a #1 defenseman, a top six forward and real depth players that actually contribute. Helm is the only bottom six player worth a damn.
Today I **** out an entire elephant and then flew to the moon. I can type things too, doesn't make it true. We have more than Helm but I have a feeling this is going to be an "everything sucks and I know the future" post from you.

Quote:
Wings got older and Z and Datsyuk have obviously declined.
See? Let's say hypothetically they've declined (which if they have isn't by much at all) but they're still two of the best in the world. And losing Lidstrom sucks but we're still very good. It's just a matter of perspective-there's still a ton of teams who would want to be us.

Quote:
I just find it very hard to see how we still have a very good team when the team we had last year was superior and got destroyed in the 1st round.
You would find it hard to see if you don't actually think about how we lost. Like I said, it was more effort than skill. If you can't see that I'm very sorry. If you actually believe that stupid garbage about "not being good enough to compete anymore", I don't think you know this sport like you think you do. And I really don't think you can tell the difference between floating and trying.

Quote:
Mediocrity is the perfect word to describe this years Wings team. You reference the Blues, but they have two elite goalies and ohhhh Alex Pietrangelo who is their future #1 d-man.
They don't even have 1 elite goalie. And Pietrangelo is already becoming overrated. They just worked hard and didn't stop skating.

Quote:
Wings skill is what won cups
False. Go back and watch those games. Our skill plus some seriously impressive work ethic won it for us. Just like in 2002. But what happened when we got lazy and stopped caring? 2003 and 2004 happened, that's what. Same immense skill give or take a few players, but no drive. And we paid dearly.

We're so obsessed with what we lost that we're not noticing our perspective sucks and we can't see what we already have is still good.

Quote:
Sammy....ughhhh, Quincey, (shoot me please), Tootoo, (a guy who was benched in the playoffs), Brunner (Fabian Brunnstrom 2.0)
This is how I know you're dense. You're judging a player who hasn't played 1 second for the Wings yet and a guy who hasn't played a second in the NHL yet. But you know best right? You know exactly what Brunner is based off of what, your fear of the future and a few youtube clips? Way to be buddy.