HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Printz

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2005, 07:30 AM
An Ape called Yoko

vCash: 500
David Printz

Hey, I was just wondering the impressions you have of David Printz whom i never ever thought would get a NHL-contract. I saw he had a tremendous start (first 7-8 games or so), and his play seems to fit well on the smaller rinks over there. Now the pointproduction has come to a stop.

Can someone tell me, how he is still doing? Any shot at NHL in future?

Thx!

Old
01-06-2005, 11:32 AM
fan mao rong

He has alot of playing time if you're not aware of the statistics. I saw the 3 games the Phantoms played in Hershey and it appears to me he and John Slaney were the 1st pair in the 1st 2 games. In the 3rd game Phantoms used Pitkanen with Slaney to start the period, and then they went back to teaming Printz with Slaney for the bulk of the game. So , it would seem to if they pair Printz so much with Slaney, who is the only real veteran on that team, they would be grooming Printz to move up at some point, especially since they have basically been the 1st pair. Printz seems to be a physical prescence with fairly good positioning, although in the 3rd game he made some mistakes in judgement. One of the factors in the increased use of Pitkanen in the 3rd game was that they had recalled Steven Wood from Trenton shortly before that game , and were working him in slowly, I might add. Also, to add on , I just saw in a quote from the Delco Times, that Printz fell in practice and will miss 2-3 weeks.

Last edited by fan mao rong: 01-06-2005 at 11:38 AM.
Old
01-06-2005, 12:48 PM
An Ape called Yoko

Ah i c. Thx

Would be really cool if kept on developing his game. Would be such a big and pleasant surprise if heŽd ready for NHL one day. Something I never thought of when he played in AIK. Go Printz!

Old
01-06-2005, 01:28 PM
paxtang

The Phantoms use all their D men quite a bit, so there really isn't a 1,2,3 pairing that I know of. When they are all healthy, it goes liek this

Seidenberg-Jones
Meyer-Pitkanen
Slaney-Printz

Printz plays a stay at home role. He's got good size and throws hits when he can. He still makes some mistakes, but I think if he continues to improve he could make the NHL.

What really surprised me about Printz is that he's gotten into 3 fights this year, and done well in all of them.

Old
01-06-2005, 03:06 PM
An Ape called Yoko

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
What really surprised me about Printz is that he's gotten into 3 fights this year, and done well in all of them.
Haha cool! Hmm I wonder if he has taken boxinglessons Because there is not much fighting being done here in Sweden. :lol

Printz rules!

Old
01-06-2005, 04:01 PM
paxtang

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ape called Yoko
Haha cool! Hmm I wonder if he has taken boxinglessons Because there is not much fighting being done here in Sweden. :lol

Printz rules!
If you go to www.phantomshockey.com you can see all three of his fights.

One game is against Norfolk recently, and the other two were in a game against Providence in a fight filled game.

Old
01-07-2005, 04:29 AM
An Ape called Yoko

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
If you go to www.phantomshockey.com you can see all three of his fights.

One game is against Norfolk recently, and the other two were in a game against Providence in a fight filled game.
Thx! Checking it out ^^

Closed Thread