HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Krueger wants Striet for Oilers

Old
06-30-2012, 09:05 AM
StrongIslanders90

vCash: 500
everybody has a price....If you dont listen your not doing your job.

EDM could offer table scraps or a packege that would be of intrest to the NYI and overpayment.....

You never Know what another team thinks of a certain player and what they would be willing to give up.

Now IMO Striet does not make sense for the Oilers rite now.
To give up what it would cost is like us trading Grabner or Okposo for Vis...Its not worth it in the long run....

thier coach could want him al he wants but Tambo is not making that move..

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 10:52 AM
Mr Wentworth
Arch Duke of Raleigh

I love all this "No no no!" stuff.

Here is the correct answer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
anyone can be moved for the right price.
I mean if the oilers offered two first round picks i bet Garth would consider it

Mr Wentworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 11:45 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Ivan View Post
I love all this "No no no!" stuff.

Here is the correct answer...
You're right ANYONE can be moved for the right price.Staples has already come out and tweeted the isles aren't trading Streit to Edmonton.

I'm waiting for someone to look over Snow's comments/actions from June 2011-June 2012 and explain how the players the Edmonton media and fans are suggesting Snow accept,are the right price for the NYI.

1.Snow said on draft weekend, that he wanted to add 2-3 veterans to the defense.
He's add Vis so far.

2.The Edmonton press is tossing out names like Gagner(45-47 pts) for Streit.
Oiler fans are tossing out names like Potter,Gagner,picks and prospects.

Snow offering by up his entire draft for 1 pick,shows he's not interested in stockpiling more picks/prospects.He's been doing that since the 2008 draft.

Do the isles value Gagner's 45-47 pts more then Fran's 45-47 pts?
Isles have De Haan,Donovan,Ness and Katic knocking on the door at Bridgeport.Do they value another defensive prospect,who's 2-3 yrs away above Streit?

3.Snow says he shopped for a quality,top 4 defenseman after losing out on Erhoff in June 2011.He and the press reported at different times during the season,Snow was trying to acquire this top 4 d-man.He finally landed him in June 2012(Vis).Vis has publicly speculated about retiring or playing in Europe next season.

Is Vis reporting if he thinks the isles are rebuilding,instead of making a playoff run?

4.Isles don't have a big budget and aren't an attractive destination for ufas.We saw in the Wideman signing,how ridiculous the ufa market is gonna be:5 yrs/$26m and a NTC.

Is Snow signing 2-3 ufas after moving Strei ,$4.1m? Is Wang opening the wallet for 2-3 ufa dman?

5.Snow's team has missed the playoffs since 2007.Good luck explaining to guys like Tavares and Vis,why Streit was dealt for picks/prospects..I'm sure that will go over well.

Last edited by CREW99AW: 06-30-2012 at 12:07 PM.
CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote