HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Darren Dreger on 1050 at 11:00

Old
06-29-2012, 12:14 PM
Dayjobdave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Since the Oilers brought Hall to the Schultz pitch, Burke should bring Gardiner
he doesn't have to, Schultz and Gardiner will be texting each other during all the other presentations.

Dayjobdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Mowerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif View Post
I've seen countless times this year from McKenzie's twitter things like "Dreger called it" or "Give credit to my counter part Dreger for this one"

IMO it's:

McKenzie
Dreger
Lebrun

then the rest.
Bob 'relay what the scouts tell me' McKenzie

Mowerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Dark Knight
18 Wheeler Commander

Kypreos is usually pretty bang on as well. He's broken numerous trades before any of TSN's staff.

Dark Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 01:45 PM
jrgtml67

I will say one thing....if Brodeur makes it to free agency, and is going to field offers then Gillis may therefore have no choice but to drop his price, he would be a fool to keep Luongo after Schneiders signing...you guys want Bukes head....imagine if your a Vancouver fan and he keeps Luongo out of being stubborn ! Also NJ is nearly bankrupt, and may leave them little choice, should Brodeur want to play another year or two...which its looking like he does as he has hired super agent Pat Brisson to rep him. Im hoping he goes to free agency...though there is no way the leafs would get him as Brodeur would want to go to a cup contender and finish his HHOF career with another cup, we may get our #1 goalie in Luongo at a low enough price that Burke will pull the trigger !

jrgtml67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Edgeworth*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrgtml67 View Post
I will say one thing....if Brodeur makes it to free agency, and is going to field offers then Gillis may therefore have no choice but to drop his price, he would be a fool to keep Luongo after Schneiders signing...you guys want Bukes head....imagine if your a Vancouver fan and he keeps Luongo out of being stubborn ! Also NJ is nearly bankrupt, and may leave them little choice, should Brodeur want to play another year or two...which its looking like he does as he has hired super agent Pat Brisson to rep him. Im hoping he goes to free agency...though there is no way the leafs would get him as Brodeur would want to go to a cup contender and finish his HHOF career with another cup, we may get our #1 goalie in Luongo at a low enough price that Burke will pull the trigger !
They don't need to trade Luongo yet.. they have 10M in cap sapce still with Raymond, Salo, Gragnani, and I dunno..Wiese? to sign. They're fine cap-wise.

Edgeworth* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 01:55 PM
CodeBlue*

Quote:
He's already won 3 Stanley Cups. At this point in his career even if the prospect of playoff hockey is a factor for him moving, it certainly won't be a deal breaker.

CodeBlue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Vexxed14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontalLombardomy View Post
Bob 'relay what the scouts tell me' McKenzie
lol its called reporting

Vexxed14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 02:01 PM
Jerkini

Quote:
Brodeur's a guy who would look fantastic backing up/mentoring a Cory Schneider in Vancouver.

Jerkini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 02:06 PM
Leafidelity
Way she goes...

vCash: 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
Brodeur's a guy who would look fantastic backing up/mentoring a Cory Schneider in Vancouver.
You think Brodeur went to free agency to be a backup?

Leafidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 02:09 PM
neoen

I love it when I read about people crapping all over the insiders (Dreger, McKenzie, LeBrun, Kypreos, Marek, etc.)

When these guys don't say anything people are ticked that they should be giving updates. But when they do, and something doesnt happen, everyone is ticked that they just 'make up' things. Guess what......lots of teams have calls with lots of other teams. I'd guess less than 5% of all communication with teams (regarding trades) never turns into something significant.

Same thing goes for everyone crapping on Burke (or any other GM). He comes out and says he wants Tavares, guess what, so does 29 other teams! You dont hear about it, cause the media in those markets don't even ask the question. If he lied and said 'no we don't want him', then the entire community would be ticked because he isn't 'skilled' enough to be a GM. Check out this draft, he says he wanted Reilly, what the hell was he going to say? (I'd actually like guys to reply to this one). Maybe he should have said "Nah, we had him at #3, but we got stuck with him so we draft him". As a manager, you can't say that! He also can't come out and say "Actually we wanted Yakapov or Murray" cause their rights are owned and he gets fined.

Everyone that complains about no info/false info should take a step back and think about the situation.

neoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Jerkini

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
You think Brodeur went to free agency to be a backup?
Maybe i'm mistaken, but if Brodeur wants to play on a playoff contending team, then surely he has to be aware it's more than likely he'll be playing in a reduced role.

Jerkini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 02:10 PM
Vexxed14

Quote:
Maybe i'm mistaken, but if Brodeur wants to play on a playoff contending team, then surely he has to be aware it's more than likely he'll be playing in a reduced role.
I think if being on a playoff team was vital, he would just stay. Which is still very possible

Vexxed14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Leafidelity
Way she goes...

vCash: 1775
Quote:
Why wouldn't he just stay in New Jersey then? Can't get much closer than that.

You have to remember this is a guy that prefers to play 70ish games a year. Nobody remembers Jersey backups because they play as much as the stickboy.

Leafidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 02:21 PM
Reydin

I keep telling TSN that the voices Darren hears in his head is not a reliable source.

Reydin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Inverted
RIP Hughesy

Even if Marty comes to Toronto, with our luck I fear he'll turn into Giggy 2.0 behind Leaf's defense

Inverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 02:26 PM
colchar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
What did Lou Lam do to alienate Brodeur like this? Doesn't he already take a discount? Do they want him to drive the team bus or something?
I doubt Lam has anything to do with it as I think his hands are tied.

colchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist

Brodeur in Blue an White? hell yes... 6 million for 2 years (3.5, 2.5) What a mentor for Reimer and Scrivens...love this idea.

Durkin67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 02:41 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Brodeur isn't searching for a back-up position. And Vancouver isn't going to pay 5 million -- which is what it will take to land him.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 02:42 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Brodeur when playing well, which he often does, makes you a contender. He moves the puck better than most Dmen.

birddog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 02:48 PM
ThreeHundred

Whats this Brodeur rumor? is this foreal?

ThreeHundred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 02:56 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoen View Post
I love it when I read about people crapping all over the insiders (Dreger, McKenzie, LeBrun, Kypreos, Marek, etc.)

When these guys don't say anything people are ticked that they should be giving updates. But when they do, and something doesnt happen, everyone is ticked that they just 'make up' things. Guess what......lots of teams have calls with lots of other teams. I'd guess less than 5% of all communication with teams (regarding trades) never turns into something significant.

Same thing goes for everyone crapping on Burke (or any other GM). He comes out and says he wants Tavares, guess what, so does 29 other teams! You dont hear about it, cause the media in those markets don't even ask the question. If he lied and said 'no we don't want him', then the entire community would be ticked because he isn't 'skilled' enough to be a GM. Check out this draft, he says he wanted Reilly, what the hell was he going to say? (I'd actually like guys to reply to this one). Maybe he should have said "Nah, we had him at #3, but we got stuck with him so we draft him". As a manager, you can't say that! He also can't come out and say "Actually we wanted Yakapov or Murray" cause their rights are owned and he gets fined.

Everyone that complains about no info/false info should take a step back and think about the situation.
This is a reality check for some of you.

You should be more accepting.

Especially because most of it is really not very important in the first place.

ForSpareParts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 03:03 PM
BernierNo1Fan

Oh, a Darren Dreger interview?

"Player X may or may not sign for ___________, nothing is official yet but it's still possible."

BernierNo1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 03:05 PM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0MER View Post
Even if Marty comes to Toronto, with our luck I fear he'll turn into Giggy 2.0 behind Leaf's defense
thats a risk worth taking!!!

Look for Boston and Washington to be big players for Marty if he actually is going to leave NJ

Rockinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 03:52 PM
TimeZone
Swedish Sensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif View Post
I've seen countless times this year from McKenzie's twitter things like "Dreger called it" or "Give credit to my counter part Dreger for this one"

IMO it's:

McKenzie
Dreger
Lebrun

then the rest.
Twice a day even a broken clock is right. Dreger over Lebrun? good god.

TimeZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 04:05 PM
LeaffanDM

come on guys, give your heads a shake. you really think burke is going to waste cap on an aging career-end goalie? just stop with the BS its really ridiculous. getting marty would be the stupidest mistake burke could ever make this offseason. Marty is done.

LeaffanDM is offline   Reply With Quote