HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Darren Dreger on 1050 at 11:00

Old
06-29-2012, 06:37 PM
RogerRoeper*

vCash: 500
Brodeur's ex took him to the cleaners. He'll keep playing even if he switches teams. He's been clear that he still wants to play.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 07:02 PM
Todd Skill

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Brodeur's ex took him to the cleaners. He'll keep playing even if he switches teams. He's been clear that he still wants to play.
That's what he gets for balling her sister.

Todd Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 09:08 AM
nsleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoen View Post
I love it when I read about people crapping all over the insiders (Dreger, McKenzie, LeBrun, Kypreos, Marek, etc.)

When these guys don't say anything people are ticked that they should be giving updates. But when they do, and something doesnt happen, everyone is ticked that they just 'make up' things. Guess what......lots of teams have calls with lots of other teams. I'd guess less than 5% of all communication with teams (regarding trades) never turns into something significant.

Same thing goes for everyone crapping on Burke (or any other GM). He comes out and says he wants Tavares, guess what, so does 29 other teams! You dont hear about it, cause the media in those markets don't even ask the question. If he lied and said 'no we don't want him', then the entire community would be ticked because he isn't 'skilled' enough to be a GM. Check out this draft, he says he wanted Reilly, what the hell was he going to say? (I'd actually like guys to reply to this one). Maybe he should have said "Nah, we had him at #3, but we got stuck with him so we draft him". As a manager, you can't say that! He also can't come out and say "Actually we wanted Yakapov or Murray" cause their rights are owned and he gets fined.

Everyone that complains about no info/false info should take a step back and think about the situation.

IMO Everything these prognosticaters say/write should be taken with a grain of salt.
They will say/write whatever they want to further thier own careers because they do not have to back it up. "Rumors are", "insiders say" absolves them of that.

nsleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 09:13 AM
nsleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaffanDM View Post
come on guys, give your heads a shake. you really think burke is going to waste cap on an aging career-end goalie? just stop with the BS its really ridiculous. getting marty would be the stupidest mistake burke could ever make this offseason. Marty is done.

Just about what I was thinking myself. No knock on Brodeur(best goalie of all time IMO) but I think he is done. He had his last kick at the can, he should retire.
He might make a good goaltender coach though.

nsleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 09:19 AM
LordRamsay
Come out and flay

I love Marty but no thanks. Chicago would be a great fit for him.

LordRamsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 09:46 AM
e84*

I'd take a 40yr old Brodeur for a couple years over that Luongo contract.

e84* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 09:57 AM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by e84 View Post
I'd take a 40yr old Brodeur for a couple years over that Luongo contract.
Same here. I'd even be in for Thomas getting a 1 or 2 year extension and getting traded to the Leafs over Luongo.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 11:27 AM
rojac
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Same here. I'd even be in for Thomas getting a 1 or 2 year extension and getting traded to the Leafs over Luongo.
Thomas? Really? I don't want any player who's just going to quit for a year in the middle of a contract.

rojac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:12 PM
Turk Broda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendelsmustache View Post
I love Marty but no thanks. Chicago would be a great fit for him.
Exactly where I see him ending up. Would be a great fit for the Hawks.

Turk Broda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:14 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk Broda View Post
Exactly where I see him ending up. Would be a great fit for the Hawks.
He'd be a great fit here. I'd be more interested in seeing him benefit the Leafs than Chicago.

Stephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:49 PM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

Brodeur I think would be a negative influence on Reimer.

Brodeur is a super star, a legend, etc

But Brodeur doesn't play Allaires style, and Allaire isn't going to make him change styles, so you have a vet mentor who has no relationship with the goalie coach.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:51 PM
firstemperor

I don't get why people want Brodeur, he's done. I'd rather let Reimer play out another year than Brodeur (not that I'd want that either). Much rather go after Bernier.

firstemperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:53 PM
CoolBlue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Skill View Post
That's what he gets for balling her sister.
You got a link to back that up?

CoolBlue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 01:01 PM
LordRamsay
Come out and flay

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolBlue View Post
It's fairly common knowledge. Easy to look up anyway.

LordRamsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 01:03 PM
EazyB97

Quote:
Quote:
The couple married in August 1995. According to court records, the marriage ended after Brodeur admitted to having an affair with his sister-in-law, who was living with the Brodeurs to help take care of their four children. DuBois filed for divorce in May 2003.
http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2...rodeur_mu.html

EazyB97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 01:06 PM
Leafidelity
Compete Level

vCash: 1125
Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Brodeur

Quote:
Brodeur married Melanie Dubois (a native of Saint-Liboire, Quebec, Canada) in August 1995 and has four children:[49] Anthony, born in 1995; twin sons, William and Jeremy, born in 1996; and Annabelle Antoinette, born in 2002. Melanie filed for divorce during the 2003 playoffs amid reports that Martin was having an affair with Genevieve Nault, the wife of Melanie's brother.[50] The incident added some fuel to the fire for hecklers during the playoffs.[51] The reports proved to be true, as Martin and Genevieve married in June 2008.[52] Their first child together, Maxime Philippe Brodeur, was born in November 2009.[53]

Leafidelity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MildlyAwesome View Post
Terrible.

Name more 40 year old players. There is a reason they are the exception and not the rule. Look at Roloson who was awful. O'Donnel and Knuble? What about other old guys like Rolston or Holmstrom (who every Red Wing fan wants out)? Even Lidstrom stuggled this year by his standards.

Broduer isn't going to be a part of our team for more than a year or two. This will delay any development with Reimer whatsoever. Broduer is certainly not the answer for a rebuilding/retooling team.

Broduer won't sign to be a backup goalie on a below average team.
WOW... you're actually trying to frame an argument around this "exception vs rule" line of thinking while discussing Marty Brodeur? In what way is Brodeur not the exception? Its all past tense at this point, as he's a Devil for 2 more seasons, but he's still a very capable tender, and whether he would have played 50 games and mentored Reimer, or 60 and stole us a playoff berth, he was of considerable enough interest to the astute minds at MLSE to have some pretty serious negotiations.
Im gonna go ahead and assume their collective hockey insight is at least on par with your brilliance and boldly proclaim that they also believed his impact would bolster not only Reimer, but the whole team.

Sadly, we will never know.

Durkin67 is offline   Reply With Quote