Notices

II. Tommy G's Steak and Chop House

Closed Thread

Old
08-31-2013, 05:49 PM
Elysian
@AdamBath

vCash: 500
Moving to a new place on one of the hottest weekends of the year kind of sucks... Especially when my tow vehicle has no AC. Save money on the trailer versus renting a truck, sweat out the savings.

Old
09-03-2013, 08:56 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Anyone here live in Ottawa? Just moved here for schooling and I know there weren't any of you guys who lived in Montreal so maybe there may be a couple living in Ottawa lol.

Old
09-03-2013, 09:07 PM
Satan
Connor McDallas

I'm in Kingston but I go to Ottawa a couple times a year to catch games

Old
09-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Arpi3080
Everybody be cool!

Congrats to Mike!

http://popcultureblog.dallasnews.com...heletti.html/:

Quote:
On Sunday night, former Dallas Star Mike Modano became a married man—again.

Pro golfer Allison Micheletti exchanged vows with the retired NHL player at downtown Dallas’ Joule Hotel while a posse of his favorite pals looked on. The Modano-Micheletti nuptials were held in the Joule’s recently completed third-floor pavilion. Afterwards, the 150 or so guests attended the reception on the second floor.

Former teammates Brenden Morrow, Darryl Sydor, Marty Turco and Brett Hull were all present. Also attending were Modano’s billionaire homies Mark Cuban and Tim Headington (owner of the Joule).

Mike has been divorced almost exactly one year from singer-actress-whatever Willa Ford, a woman who really seemed to rankle his female fans.

By contrast, Micheletti has engendered little of the same animosity. She and Mike are both fanatic golfers who play together often. And she has more than a passing interest in hockey. Her father is NHL broadcaster and former pro hockey player Joe Micheletti.

Old
09-08-2013, 11:00 AM
StonewalledbyKari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrhutch View Post
To all my fellow beer leaguers in the metroplex- where all do you play? I skate in Euless and I'm looking to make a switch. Half my team can't even skate

Depending on where you live, Richardson ice training center is a great place to play drop in on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday--the best days being Wed and Fri. I personally just got back into beer league, and have been playing there. Great guys, good hockey, and some people (myself included) actually play defense.

Old
09-16-2013, 01:31 AM
Pohlow

Should be getting a call tomorrow and hopefully landing a broadcasting/stats tracking internship with the Allen Americans this season. Would be pretty sick to get paid to watch hockey. Hopefully the start of a long career in the field.

Old
09-16-2013, 09:06 AM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Beep test at 8 am is brutal. Man .. Thank god I don't have anymore classes for today. Gonna sleep in until 12 now haha

Old
09-16-2013, 12:35 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
anyone order a dman?

vCash: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pohlow View Post
Should be getting a call tomorrow and hopefully landing a broadcasting/stats tracking internship with the Allen Americans this season. Would be pretty sick to get paid to watch hockey. Hopefully the start of a long career in the field.
Congrats!

Old
09-16-2013, 12:57 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Quote:
Damn that is frigging sweet man. Congratulations!!

Old
09-20-2013, 12:55 AM
Sports
McDavid

Told myself I wouldn't get NHL 14.
Was looking around and saw a used deal I couldn't pass up on Amazon.
(To preface, the last one I played was NHL 12)

+ High Impact is the only way to go on the gameplay. It's actually quite a bit of fun, and the un-realistic, amped-up angle helps excuse whatever unrealistic carry-over there is from the standard mode (players always skating as fast as you no matter who you are playing as, even backwards, etc.)

- If you've played an NHL game in the past 5 years or so, you'll probably want to do yourself a favor and turn off the commentary before the game starts. Bill & Gary are still saying the same lines they have for the last whatever amount games. Same audio. I recognize a ton of lines from 12.

- As of this "review", Wandell is still on the roster, so don't expect current rosters.

- Dallas has the same "stat line" as Chicago (OFF/DEF/GOA) AKA the ratings are bunk; No one is under 3.5 Stars or over 4.5 Stars in any stat. Trying to keep everyone happy by playing it safe I guess; lots of 4.5 Star teams all around.

- You can't dick around and start stuff after the play really. It goes to cutscene super quick.

/ Jersey selection is OK; not all the jerseys but enough to keep people happy I guess. I think maybe it was 12 they took out some jerseys for no particular reason; I guess so they could say they added something the next year?

- Oleksiak, Daley, Nemeth, and Faksa are the Stars most 3-6th valuable assets, in that order. Oleksiak is worth just a hair under Benn, and the other 3 are down a peg around each other. I guess what i'm saying is that trade values still suck.

/ Lastly, this was a bit of a double edged-sword. GM mode has always been fun. Not always realistic, but fun. It got more complex and detailed, which might not sound like a bad thing, but trying to navigate the complexities of running an NHL franchise with a controller just really isn't possible. I found it to be unplayable. A mouse & keyboard would do wonders *hint hint*

So, I guess what i'm getting at is that the only place the game really excelled was in a game mode that allowed you to overlook the core gameplay's shortcomings.

2/10; Wouldn't bang

Old
09-20-2013, 01:19 AM
Rune Forumwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Larry View Post
- You can't dick around and start stuff after the play really. It goes to cutscene super quick.
That was always fun when you could do that.

Old
09-20-2013, 01:59 AM
Brand New Stars

They just replaced dicking around after the play with having a fight break out every time a half decent hit is thrown which makes me want to throw my controller through my tv.

Old
09-20-2013, 07:26 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Larry View Post
Told myself I wouldn't get NHL 14.
Was looking around and saw a used deal I couldn't pass up on Amazon.
(To preface, the last one I played was NHL 12)

+ High Impact is the only way to go on the gameplay. It's actually quite a bit of fun, and the un-realistic, amped-up angle helps excuse whatever unrealistic carry-over there is from the standard mode (players always skating as fast as you no matter who you are playing as, even backwards, etc.)

- If you've played an NHL game in the past 5 years or so, you'll probably want to do yourself a favor and turn off the commentary before the game starts. Bill & Gary are still saying the same lines they have for the last whatever amount games. Same audio. I recognize a ton of lines from 12.

- As of this "review", Wandell is still on the roster, so don't expect current rosters.

- Dallas has the same "stat line" as Chicago (OFF/DEF/GOA) AKA the ratings are bunk; No one is under 3.5 Stars or over 4.5 Stars in any stat. Trying to keep everyone happy by playing it safe I guess; lots of 4.5 Star teams all around.

/ Jersey selection is OK; not all the jerseys but enough to keep people happy I guess. I think maybe it was 12 they took out some jerseys for no particular reason; I guess so they could say they added something the next year?

- Oleksiak, Daley, Nemeth, and Faksa are the Stars most 3-6th valuable assets, in that order. Oleksiak is worth just a hair under Benn, and the other 3 are down a peg around each other. I guess what i'm saying is that trade values still suck.

/ Lastly, this was a bit of a double edged-sword. GM mode has always been fun. Not always realistic, but fun. It got more complex and detailed, which might not sound like a bad thing, but trying to navigate the complexities of running an NHL franchise with a controller just really isn't possible. I found it to be unplayable. A mouse & keyboard would do wonders *hint hint*

So, I guess what i'm getting at is that the only place the game really excelled was in a game mode that allowed you to overlook the core gameplay's shortcomings.

2/10; Wouldn't bang
The day they make a BaGM mode for a PC/Mac is the day I stop going outside.

Old
09-20-2013, 10:02 AM
Klockis
Our Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
The day they make a BaGM mode for a PC/Mac is the day I stop going outside.
EHM 2007 and FHM. NHL Be a GM mode is crap compered to EHM, and FHM when it really starts rolling in a few years is going to be better than EHM 2007. Don't know why people botter to play NHL Be A GM when there already are a decent enough Sim hcokey game out there.

Old
09-20-2013, 10:34 PM
Rune Forumwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klockis View Post
EHM 2007 and FHM. NHL Be a GM mode is crap compered to EHM, and FHM when it really starts rolling in a few years is going to be better than EHM 2007. Don't know why people botter to play NHL Be A GM when there already are a decent enough Sim hcokey game out there.
Or just freeware EHM. That works too.

Old
09-22-2013, 12:53 PM
piqued
Global Moderator
anyone order a dman?

vCash: 131
I still click on the 'Pacific Division' category sometimes. :/

Old
09-25-2013, 11:17 PM
Starsfan24
Drunkkkkk

Is HF not working well for anyone else or is it just me? Like when I open the main page I can scroll down and I can't go to the forum jump. Had to work to get to this forum. Probably just me, but pretty freaking annoying.

Old
09-26-2013, 01:17 AM
FrailSwan
A-B-We Stole Your C

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsfan24 View Post
Is HF not working well for anyone else or is it just me? Like when I open the main page I can scroll down and I can't go to the forum jump. Had to work to get to this forum. Probably just me, but pretty freaking annoying.
They're updating. The warning said it would take a pretty long time.

Old
09-29-2013, 10:52 PM
Elysian
@AdamBath

Breaking Bad ending, perfection.

Old
10-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Pohlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
Then go ahead and start one...
Was going to, couldn't think of a name. Was hoping one of you could put thoughts into words that don't sound stupid.

'Stars official, bi-annual, free agent/trade discussion for charity, sponsored by HF and McDonalds(tm) "I'm lovin it" '

Old
10-01-2013, 10:03 PM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Was going to, couldn't think of a name. Was hoping one of you could put thoughts into words that don't sound stupid.

'Stars official, bi-annual, free agent/trade discussion for charity, sponsored by HF and McDonalds(tm) "I'm lovin it" '
Psh. This is Texas. Go with Whataburger.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Old
10-01-2013, 10:07 PM
SonicSpeedDash
20% Cooler

No no no...Jack in the box.

Old
10-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Elysian
@AdamBath

P. Terry's.

Wait, you guys don't have that

Old
10-01-2013, 10:12 PM
joelnmich

Taco Cabana

Old
10-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Dominic Roussel
Tank Mode: Fail

vCash: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
P. Terry's.

Wait, you guys don't have that
I love P. Terry's but Whataburger's Patty Melt is like crack to me.
This is why I try to avoid going anywhere near a Whataburger.

Closed Thread