HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bouwmeester to Nashville Part 2

Old
06-29-2012, 10:50 PM
MAK19

vCash: 500
Don't know if this was mentioned in Part 1, but why doesn't Nashville just add $1M on top of what JBo is making and give the money to Suter?

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 10:57 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
Don't know if this was mentioned in Part 1, but why doesn't Nashville just add $1M on top of what JBo is making and give the money to Suter?
Because, for the 647364657 time, it's not about the money with Suter. If it was, he'd already be signed. It's about Suter playing where he wants to play. Maybe it's Nashville, but maybe it's not. I think plan and priority 1 are still "re-sign Suter," but f he doesn't, there needs to be a backup plan. There's certainly money, it just needs to be the right guy. Bouwmeester is certainly more appealing than the other option I've seen rumored...Paul Martin.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:02 PM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Because, for the 647364657 time, it's not about the money with Suter. If it was, he'd already be signed. It's about Suter playing where he wants to play. Maybe it's Nashville, but maybe it's not. I think plan and priority 1 are still "re-sign Suter," but f he doesn't, there needs to be a backup plan. There's certainly money, it just needs to be the right guy. Bouwmeester is certainly more appealing than the other option I've seen rumored...Paul Martin.
sorry dude, didn't read the other thread at all, hence the ''I don't know if this was mentioned''.

Anyway JBo would be a mistake for the Preds, not a $6M upgrade over their prospects.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:15 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Because Suter wants a new challenge and he wants to try something new most likely. Nashville would've resigned him by now for that money if Suter wanted too already.

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:19 PM
ilikeblocks

Quote:
sorry dude, didn't read the other thread at all, hence the ''I don't know if this was mentioned''.

Anyway JBo would be a mistake for the Preds, not a $6M upgrade over their prospects.
Exactly. It slows development and tossing 7 million at a position that could be used to add a high end forward.

ilikeblocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:19 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedorov View Post
Are these threads for real?

People realize Bouwmeester's cap hit is almost 7 million right?
I think you missed our smileys quite a few times bro.

Old
06-29-2012, 11:21 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeblocks View Post
Exactly. It slows development and tossing 7 million at a position that could be used to add a high end forward.
Ok, that's all fine and dandy, but what if Nashville cant attract a big name free agent? They need to compete in that market in order to capitalize off of the buzz that was generated due to advancing as far as they did in the playoff's this past season.

Hopefully they can figure something out in order to prove that the loss of Suter is not as large as it would appear to be.

Last edited by HighLifeMan: 06-29-2012 at 11:31 PM.
HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:23 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeblocks View Post
Considering we are prepared to pay Suter 7-8, Weber 8.5-whatever he wants, and Rinne 7.5 I don't think it would matter too much. Especially if Suter bails.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:24 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
Ok, that's all fine and dandy, but what if Nashville cant attract a big name free agent? They need to compete in that market to keep interest that they generated this past season from advancing in the playoffs.

Hopefully they can figure something out in order to prove that the loss of Suter is not as large as it would appear to be.

So... Iginla + JBO for Blum + Radulov's rights (knock yourself out Calgary) + 1st + 3rd/4th liner or 1 prospect ?

Old
06-29-2012, 11:27 PM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Considering we are prepared to pay Suter 7-8, Weber 8.5-whatever he wants, and Rinne 7.5 I don't think it would matter too much. Especially if Suter bails.
Sounds like an exhausting process. You know what, you can just send Weber here. We'll take care of him, rest take a week or two .

Old
06-30-2012, 12:14 AM
Flamesfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaman8765678 View Post
I don't think that's fair to say all Calgary fans overrate him. I've said I know he doesn't have much value besides logging minutes and will probably not yield the return some delusional fans think he might. A decent prospect and a 3rd or a second and third round pick would probably be fair value (based on his albatross contract and his history of being a loser).
I think the only thing Calgary will get for JBo is a low draft pick, maybe a 3rd, but we should take what we can get and run

Flamesfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:26 AM
Deen

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesfan4ever View Post
I think the only thing Calgary will get for JBo is a low draft pick, maybe a 3rd, but we should take what we can get and run
A 3rd

A top pairing guy that can play half the game is surely worth more than a 3rd. Why the heck would Calgary get rid of him for that? He is still an excellent player and the Flames have the cap space to keep him. A 3rd!

Deen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 01:56 AM
thaman8765678

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen View Post
A 3rd

A top pairing guy that can play half the game is surely worth more than a 3rd. Why the heck would Calgary get rid of him for that? He is still an excellent player and the Flames have the cap space to keep him. A 3rd!
Watch the guy play he's no longer a top pairing guy. He's a serviceable second pairing defenseman who can skate well but is butter soft and has no ounce of compete or will to win in him. I doubt anyone wants to give away alot of potential and pay 7 million for a second pairing and heartless tin man who wouldn't care if he never made the playoffs.

thaman8765678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 02:20 AM
Cogburn

I am of the frame of mind you pay for the talent, not the contract. Cleary, Flames fans see something in Bo' the rest of us don't, but if one doesn't think he's worth it, one shouldn't fall on the contract argument. You know it's there, but Calgary is not in huge need to dump Bouwmeester, so you're paying what they want. Simple.

A second and a third isn't enough, Blum and a second is more the return I'd expect if he is moved. Blum's solid, and due to get better, but honestly, potential is overrated on this board. I don't know about Nashville per se, but Bouwmeester will contribute where ever he is, and is still one of the better defenders on Calgary. Cap goes up, and all the sudden the cap hit isn't as bad.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 02:27 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhakan View Post
With other Nashville fans.

Its funny how nobody wants the guy yet so many threads pop up asking for him.
People want him because they think Calgary will give him away for nothing to move the salary. If Feaster actually wants anything of value, I'd guess that any interested suitors back off very quickly.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 03:08 AM
maplepred

Is bowmeester not worth 6 million a season?? I mean I look at some other defenseman contracts and I don't think jbo is really overpaid. Would be awesome if preds can get him is suter bails.

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 03:16 AM
Flames Maniac
Was Flamesfanatic12

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedorov View Post
Are these threads for real?

People realize Bouwmeester's cap hit is almost 7 million right?
Yes. But some teams will need to bring in extra salary just ot reach the cap floor possibly. Not ot mention there is only two years left on the deal, so it isn't that bad in that regard. I still don't want to trade him though, these proposals aren't worth it. Bouwmeester is overpaid as hell, but if you take him off our defense, our defense is still worse than with him on it.

Flames Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:41 AM
archangel archangel

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Blum + 2nd is what we agreed to on the Flames board anyway.
did you go to the nashville board with the idea? Bow 6.6 cap hit is also his actual salary. His contract is up in two years. Flames would need to add

archangel archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:24 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard armus View Post
did you go to the nashville board with the idea? Bow 6.6 cap hit is also his actual salary. His contract is up in two years. Flames would need to add
I think if the pick was dropped down to a third, Nashville would be okay with it.

If Suter doesn't end up back with us, Poile is going to be scrambling, and JBo is probably the best option.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 08:39 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
Blum or Ellis + 2nd would be good. I'd probably prefer Blum though.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 09:37 AM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
I think if the pick was dropped down to a third, Nashville would be okay with it.

If Suter doesn't end up back with us, Poile is going to be scrambling, and JBo is probably the best option.
Paul Martin of the Penguins would be quite acceptable too.

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:16 AM
Eradicator

Backlund + Bouwmeester

for

Wilson + D-man (Blum or Josi)

Eradicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eradicator View Post
Backlund + Bouwmeester

for

Wilson + D-man (Blum, Ellis or Josi)
I'm in as long as it isn't Josi.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Eradicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I'm in as long as it isn't Josi.
where is Wilson at in his development? Can he be a high end #2 centerman?

Eradicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 11:24 AM
alexmanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eradicator View Post
where is Wilson at in his development? Can he be a high end #2 centerman?
Yes, I LOVE Wilson. Trotz just doesn't seem to embrace the guy, he could be a fantastic player. But I guess Trotz wouldn't stand in the way if Poile wanted to trade him because of that. If we were to trade Wilson, though, I would prefer it to be as part of a package for someone like Bobby Ryan.

alexmanu is offline   Reply With Quote