HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Lamb of God singer arrested in fanís death Update:Indicted for Manslaughter

Old
06-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some

vCash: 500
Lamb of God singer arrested in fanís death Update:Indicted for Manslaughter

Not a fan but I know people on the board are so:

Lamb of God singer arrested in fanís death

Lamb of God Singer Randy Blythe Indicted for Manslaughter

Last edited by Lost Horizons: 12-04-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Lost Horizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 04:27 PM
sabresfan129103

why would he go back to the Czech republic after doing this? He had to know they were coming after him.

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Baby Punisher

The article states this incident happened in 2010, than it goes on to say Blythe quit drinking 2 years ago. One has to speculate that this wasn't a coincidence & may be intertwined.

I think this quote in the article sums the situation up best; ďHeís in a prison not in America,Ē Owen said. ďThat canít be good.Ē

Not good indeed.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:40 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Huge LOG fan. I never heard about this though. So he got in a fight with a guy who charged the stage & the guy died after wards? He's always had his trouble with alcohol.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:01 AM
Sundance
You Can Never Get To

Sounds like a tragic set of circumstances. Hopefully, at least, the victim's family is compensated, comfortably.

Sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 01:50 AM
Trends Analyst
Squirrel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
Huge LOG fan. I never heard about this though. So he got in a fight with a guy who charged the stage & the guy died after wards? He's always had his trouble with alcohol.
Basically what happened is (apparently) the guy got on stage twice, and ran into (tackled maybe?) Randy before he, or security could react, then the guy got on stage a third time and Randy held his ground and pushed him back and buddy fell off the stage and hit his head and died later.

Trends Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 01:54 AM
Treefingers
Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Bones View Post
Basically what happened is (apparently) the guy got on stage twice, and ran into (tackled maybe?) Randy before he, or security could react, then the guy got on stage a third time and Randy held his ground and pushed him back and buddy fell off the stage and hit his head and died later.
Well then the guy should be given a Darwin Award and everyone should move on.

Treefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 10:19 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
As a huge Lamb Of God fan all I can say is what a shame holy ****. Randy has always been one of my top 3 favourite metal vocalists.

Hope he beats this.

The idiot who died had no right rushing the stage three times to begin with. Security should have tossed the idiot out on his ass the first time. As for Randy finally getting mad and shoving the guy...well....a musician has a right to protect himself. I mean heck, the fan rushing the stage could have been psychotic. Just look at what happened to Dimebag in 2004.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 11:34 AM
Above and Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post

The idiot who died had no right rushing the stage three times to begin with. Security should have tossed the idiot out on his ass the first time. As for Randy finally getting mad and shoving the guy...well....a musician has a right to protect himself. I mean heck, the fan rushing the stage could have been psychotic. Just look at what happened to Dimebag in 2004.

Pretty much my thoughts as well. I'm by no means a big Lamb of God fan, having only seen them once, but this whole mess reaks of bull****. I get the sense that this is a shakedown on a prominent foreigner.

It's unfortunate a young fan lost his life, but surely Blythe has a right to protect himself "on the job". Based on reports - I'm left with the conclusion that security failed the band, and the club/promoter should be held equally responsible.

Lastly, I bet Mr. Blythe will be happy to be headed back to America... ya know, the place he was ranting about earlier this year (a tounge in cheek presidential campaign comes to mind). Ironic.

Above and Beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 11:51 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Apparantly he will be released on bail on Monday

http://www.metalunderground.com/news...m?newsid=82129

Old
06-30-2012, 11:53 AM
Ozz

Good^

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:34 PM
Jill Sandwich
Master of Unlocking

Send a message via MSN to Jill Sandwich
LAY THIS TO REST

Ahem.

Jill Sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 01:08 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill Sandwich View Post
LAY THIS TO REST

Ahem.

Old
07-01-2012, 11:43 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 0
I remember a few years ago when there were deaths at an ACDC concert and it was suggested the band should get arrested for it--even though there were not on stage at the time. Malcalm Young went to the dark side for awhile and had to leave the band to get his act together.

Obviously we do not know what the singer actually did. But I am not a fan of Czech law and their system due to a run in I had with them about 6 years ago when I was working part of pre-opening hotel crew in Prague.

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 06:31 AM
bostone737

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
lol, why is that cracking me up so much

bostone737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 04:35 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Well apparantly he'll be jailed 10 more days:

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest...-days?tw_p=twt

Ridiculous.

Old
07-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Mort Divine

As a huge anti-fan of this band I'm tempted to look at this from a glass half-full perspective, but the opposite seems more likely.

Half-Full Perspective: No more Lamb of God! (Please let this be the case)
Half-Empty Perspective: The raging hordes of Lamb of God fans who are already not the most intelligent bunch will start to make "FREE RANDY" shirts...terrifying thought.

Mort Divine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort Divine View Post
As a huge anti-fan of this band I'm tempted to look at this from a glass half-full perspective, but the opposite seems more likely.

Half-Empty Perspective: The raging hordes of Lamb of God fans who are already not the most intelligent bunch will start to make "FREE RANDY" shirts...terrifying thought.
The "Free Randy" stuff already exists (digitally at least, don't know if there are physical shirts or whatever). But it's coming from places like Eyehategod, Tankcrimes records, and Cannabis Corpse. Whether or not you're a fan of his vocals or Lamb of God shouldn't be the only criteria you judge Randy Blythe by. He's a friend of underground metal/punk, and has paid his dues. Just because Lamb of God puts out overproduced dribble for the masses doesn't mean the people are bad.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Grumpy Humphrey

Quote:

So what do sophisticated intellectuals like yourself listen to?

As a mindless heathen Lamb of God fan, I'd love to know how I can better myself.

Naturally I'll probably be far too simple to understand the depths and complexity of it all, and your music will only confuse and frighten me, and I'll have to retreat back to my cave in a howling, shrieking, chest thumping fit, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Grumpy Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Beats By CoRD
Who really run this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billionaire Bot View Post

As a mindless heathen Lamb of God fan, I'd love to know how I can better myself.

Naturally I'll probably be far too simple to understand the depths and complexity of it all, and your music will only confuse and frighten me, and I'll have to retreat back to my cave in a howling, shrieking, chest thumping fit, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

HawnzDynastyProductions.com
Beats By CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Mort Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billionaire Bot View Post

Things I've been listening to with any regularity lately:

Old
07-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Mort Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
The "Free Randy" stuff already exists (digitally at least, don't know if there are physical shirts or whatever). But it's coming from places like Eyehategod, Tankcrimes records, and Cannabis Corpse. Whether or not you're a fan of his vocals or Lamb of God shouldn't be the only criteria you judge Randy Blythe by. He's a friend of underground metal/punk, and has paid his dues. Just because Lamb of God puts out overproduced dribble for the masses doesn't mean the people are bad.
I wasn't aware of this, huh.

Old
07-02-2012, 08:47 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:

So just because you don't like the band you hope that Randy stays incarcerated and the band dissolves as a result? Yeah that's a real intelligent mindset there Champ.

Oh hey look at that, I'm a Lamb Of God fan and I can use a "big" word like incarcerated in a sentence correctly. I bet you never thought that was possible eh?

Take your elitism somewhere else. If you are a "huge anti-fan of the band" then why bother coming in here to begin with? For someone arrogant enough to come in here and label we Lamb Of God fans as "not the most intelligent bunch" you sure are no Einstein yourself.

And now back to our normally scheduled discussion.

If Randy is set free, I for one wonder how this'll all affect that upcoming documentary that they were making?

Old
07-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Nose of Sutter

I'm wanting to say it was Whitechapel who dedicated a song to him when I saw them at Mayhem Fest back on Saturday.

Nose of Sutter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

To be fair, there are plenty of Lamb of God fans who aren't that intelligent. Go to a Lamb of God show and tell me otherwise with a straight face.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote