HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Off Season Thread (pt2)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-29-2012, 04:57 PM
  #1
ShootIt
Registered User
 
ShootIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 561
Country: United States
Posts: 7,022
vCash: 500
2012 Off Season Thread (pt2)

Just saw the other one is over 1000 posts, might as well make this one.


ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 05:02 PM
  #2
SoupyFIN
Moderator
#character
 
SoupyFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 23,232
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
I think that Brodeur thing is a little out there... and I highly doubt he leaves the Devils, and even if he does... us? Really...
Still, either one of the two would be huge for marketing and selling tickets.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 05:37 PM
  #3
PanthersHockey1
Bond.
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UF & Boca Raton
Country: United States
Posts: 5,765
vCash: 500
You guys want brodeur over Luongo?

I can't wait till Sunday so we can focus on what this team really needs...offense.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 05:45 PM
  #4
ShootIt
Registered User
 
ShootIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 561
Country: United States
Posts: 7,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
You guys want brodeur over Luongo?

I can't wait till Sunday so we can focus on what this team really needs...offense.
If it came down to taking a Vet goalie, yup.

Rather have Broduer for a year or 2 than have Luongo's 10 year deal.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:00 PM
  #5
PanthersHockey1
Bond.
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UF & Boca Raton
Country: United States
Posts: 5,765
vCash: 500
carrying over in this thread what do you guys think kulikov's and versteeg's contracts will look like? Im not crazy about signing versteeg for more than 3 years at the most.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:02 PM
  #6
Egblad
I May Be The Stig
 
Egblad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,830
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Egblad
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...ee-agency.html


Well that's deflating. Fialkov basically says don't expect much to happen at all. If that's the case I see this as a step backwards next season while the division gets better. He says we are 20 million under the budget, but expects to spend only about half of it. So it sounds like maybe just treading water in the off season if anything.

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:08 PM
  #7
ShootIt
Registered User
 
ShootIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 561
Country: United States
Posts: 7,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Santos, who last month made it clear he would prefer young goalie Jacob Markstrom to return to the Rampage for a complete AHL season, said he’d be confident with Jose Theodore and Markstrom as his goalies this season.
Sweet.

Would love to see a 50-32 split between those two.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:14 PM
  #8
SoupyFIN
Moderator
#character
 
SoupyFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 23,232
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
If it came down to taking a Vet goalie, yup.

Rather have Broduer for a year or 2 than have Luongo's 10 year deal.
Actually, when you think about it, this move would make a lot of sense. I don't think there's a team out there that could offer Brodeur the kind of money and role we could.

: rumoured bankruptcy? not enough money offered?

: they need a number 1, but already 2 guys signed. would they waive/trade Emery after re-signing him? bad PR..

: eternal search for a number 1 and top UFA continues.. does Brodeur want to go there to end his career?

: hot *****es, the beach and a lot of sun. what more can you ask for a place to end your career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
carrying over in this thread what do you guys think kulikov's and versteeg's contracts will look like? Im not crazy about signing versteeg for more than 3 years at the most.
Ideal deal for Kuli 2.5x2, "prove yourself" contract. Steeg should get something between 3.5-4 for 3 years, he's no Patrick Kane.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:22 PM
  #9
ShootIt
Registered User
 
ShootIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 561
Country: United States
Posts: 7,022
vCash: 500
I could see Versteeg getting what Flash got, in terms of money. 4.5m per year.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:31 PM
  #10
Pantherfan12
Registered User
 
Pantherfan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunrise,Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...ee-agency.html


Well that's deflating. Fialkov basically says don't expect much to happen at all. If that's the case I see this as a step backwards next season while the division gets better. He says we are 20 million under the budget, but expects to spend only about half of it. So it sounds like maybe just treading water in the off season if anything.
We'll see! If Viner gave Tallon a green light for a Luongo trade, that contradicts what Santos or Fialkov says. Let's wait two more days until free agency. He can say that and the trade for Luongo (or sign Brodeur, ehhh) sign Semin and P.A.Parenteau. Maybe they aren't expecting them too and Viner tells them to go sign someone.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:32 PM
  #11
SoupyFIN
Moderator
#character
 
SoupyFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 23,232
vCash: 0
Maybe Santos was just trying to light a fire under Markie by telling he'd spend the year in the AHL?

Markie comes more motivated than ever before to camp and proves everyone wrong. Reverse psychology anyone?

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:34 PM
  #12
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...ee-agency.html


Well that's deflating. Fialkov basically says don't expect much to happen at all. If that's the case I see this as a step backwards next season while the division gets better. He says we are 20 million under the budget, but expects to spend only about half of it. So it sounds like maybe just treading water in the off season if anything.
Maybe Tallon will go after players who have had success in the past but have had bad luck of late and could produce again with a possible change in scenery.

Cam Barker could be an option to replace Garrison? would be great on the PP and shouldn't come to expensive as he hasn't done much since his days in chicago.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:38 PM
  #13
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,511
vCash: 500
didn't see this posted anywhere. Maybe Tallon is trying to include Garrison's rights to sweeten the pot for Luongo.

Quote:
VANCOUVER PROVINCE: Ben Kuzma reports Florida Panthers defenseman Jason Garrison would love to join the Canucks, but the White Rock, BC, native might be too expensive to sign.

SPECTOR’S NOTE: Can’t help but wonder if the Panthers might be trying to deal Garrison’s rights to the Canucks.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:38 PM
  #14
ShootIt
Registered User
 
ShootIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 561
Country: United States
Posts: 7,022
vCash: 500
I think we could add Barker to a 1 year, 1.5 million contract. See how he does here.

Maybe target guys like: Penner, Boyes, PA, Jokinen, Whitney or even Rolston

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:41 PM
  #15
SoupyFIN
Moderator
#character
 
SoupyFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 23,232
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Cam Barker could be an option to replace Garrison? would be great on the PP and shouldn't come to expensive as he hasn't done much since his days in chicago.
No, please god no. Even Jovocrap is better than him. That should say a lot.

Talking of players that could use a change of scenery, if Minnesota ends up signing Parise, they could be looking at dumping Heatley. Two years 7.5 caphit (6/5 salary for annual 5.5 salary) left on his contract. He could be the sniper that we've all been looking for, and I'd rather have him for two at 7.5, than Semin at 8.4 whatever for eternity.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:42 PM
  #16
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
I think we could add Barker to a 1 year, 1.5 million contract. See how he does here.

Maybe target guys like: Penner, Boyes, PA, Jokinen, Whitney or even Rolston
Yeah, I suggested Barker because of his past success in Chicago. Anyone know if it was Tallon that drafted him in Chicago?

Also, would love to get PA here to play with Huby! Pass on Rolston, as I think he's gotten to slow.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:47 PM
  #17
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
No, please god no. Even Jovocrap is better than him. That should say a lot.

Talking of players that could use a change of scenery, if Minnesota ends up signing Parise, they could be looking at dumping Heatley. Two years 7.5 caphit (6/5 salary for annual 5.5 salary) left on his contract. He could be the sniper that we've all been looking for, and I'd rather have him for two at 7.5, than Semin at 8.4 whatever for eternity.
I doubt Jovo is better then Barker. Barker has missed many games last couple seasons because of injuries and likely played through some injuries too which made him look worse. I think with a change of scenery and playing as a 5-6 dman with some PP time he can produce for us.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:49 PM
  #18
ShootIt
Registered User
 
ShootIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 561
Country: United States
Posts: 7,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
I doubt Jovo is better then Barker. Barker has missed many games last couple seasons because of injuries and likely played through some injuries too which made him look worse. I think with a change of scenery and playing as a 4-5 dman with some PP time he can produce for us.
More like bottom pairing defenseman in Barker. 5-6, PP unit.


Picked Rolston due to his powerful shot.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:50 PM
  #19
SoupyFIN
Moderator
#character
 
SoupyFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 23,232
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
I doubt Jovo is better then Barker. Barker has missed many games last couple seasons because of injuries and likely played through some injuries too which made him look worse. I think with a change of scenery and playing as a 4-5 dman with some PP time he can produce for us.
There's a reason why Minnesota bought him out. There's a reason why he couldn't crack Oiler's ridiculously thin blueline. He's terrible, and Wild&Oilers fans will back that up if you ask about it.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:50 PM
  #20
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
More like bottom pairing defenseman in Barker. 5-6, PP unit.
lol, yeah I meant to put 5-6 dman but was typing too fast. Fixed.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:54 PM
  #21
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
More like bottom pairing defenseman in Barker. 5-6, PP unit.


Picked Rolston due to his powerful shot.
I wanted Rolston a few years ago when we signed Roberts & Niewy. He was a very good producer then and was lethal shorthanded. I just think he is too slow now to produce the offense we need from a FA forward.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:56 PM
  #22
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
There's a reason why Minnesota bought him out. There's a reason why he couldn't crack Oiler's ridiculously thin blueline. He's terrible, and Wild&Oilers fans will back that up if you ask about it.
they wanted him to be a top 4 dman and I think he is a bottom pairing guy. You have your opinion and I have mine. I'm not saying he's a great dman just that he would be a good cheap option for us. And I still think he can produce for us as a 5-6 dman with PP time.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 06:59 PM
  #23
SoupyFIN
Moderator
#character
 
SoupyFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Finland
Posts: 23,232
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
And I still think he can produce for us as a 5-6 dman with PP time.
I'd rather have Salo is we're looking for a bottom pairing PP specialist. Salo can actually still play top4 minutes if necessary.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 07:04 PM
  #24
Egblad
I May Be The Stig
 
Egblad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,830
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Just say no to Cam Barker.

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 07:05 PM
  #25
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie
 
Beezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Country: Brazil
Posts: 6,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
I'd rather have Salo is we're looking for a bottom pairing PP specialist. Salo can actually still play top4 minutes if necessary.
I'd rather have Salo too but Salo would be more expensive and with the rumor Fialkov said about us treading water in Free agency I was looking at the cheapest options who could still produce for us. and Barker I think would come very very cheap. $1-1.2million cheap I think. Salo would be twice that IMO.

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.