HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Development Camp

Old
07-22-2012, 05:00 PM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
Hello,

How was Richard Tanner. I saw he was on the scoring recap and also he replied to some journalists ... yet how was he in the camp ?
Will he be NHL material ?

tks
From BoltProspects:

Quote:
19. C Tanner Richard, Guelph (OHL)
Another potential steal is Guelph centerman Tanner Richard, an all-around hockey player who suffered mightily from the double stigma of being both a second year eligible and Swiss. He's not Luca Cunti, though. Far from it. Richard competes hard and plays with surprising grit for such a slightly built player, which only accentuates his skating, stickhandling, and playmaking ability that he clearly demonstrated during this summer's Development Camp. He's less likely to be a flight risk back to the NLA, given that his father, Mike Richard, is Canadian and had a cup of coffee with the Washington Capitals before a long career in Switzerland. So if Red Line Report is right, and Richard can put on some more muscle and become a versatile Valterri Filppula clone, then the Lightning may well have committed a crafty bit of larceny in the 3rd round this year.
http://boltprospects.com/content/201...ental-rankings

Other links:
http://boltprospects.com/tanner-richard
http://boltprospects.com/content/obs...velopment-camp

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 08:08 PM
stammerhammer91

I saw both days of the 3 on 3 tournament. The second day i saw Tanner Richard for almost all of his games and I have to say, i really don't get how he was a 3rd round pick. He had those hands that could do just about anything with the puck, his vision was outstanding and he really just looked fantastic. If he was our number 1 pick i would have said wow we got a good one. I really liked him and I am really looking forward to his development because I think we got a huge steal. Of course it was just prospect camp so I am trying to curb my enthusiasm but I came away very impressed.

stammerhammer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 08:37 PM
torero

Great for Richard.

tks guys

PS Luca Cunti turned it around after having come back to Switzerland and even gone down to NLB (2nd league) he came back to LNA and displayed some very interesting skills. I would say that he is back on track.

torero is offline   Reply With Quote