HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jannik Hansen to Isles

Old
06-29-2012, 10:19 PM
Shareefruck

vCash: 500
Other teams fans would save themselves alot of trouble by just thinking of Hansen as a mini-Burrows for us.

My favorite thing about Hansen is that he seems good natured and like someone you could probably pick on and push around, but then the minute you try it, he literally loses his mind and acts like he wants to murder your entire family.

Didn't he get suspended or something in the WC because he went batsh*t crazy again or something?

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:38 PM
LaVal

Hansen is that well rounded utility player that you can plug anywhere in your forward lineup and he'll play well. If somebody bumps him in the lineup, you can just slot him somewhere else. You really miss these players when injuries hit.

The fact that he isn't a standout at anything other than work ethic doesn't make his trade value high enough to justify moving him, and I doubt a team is going to significantly overpay to get him.

LaVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:45 PM
n00bxQb

At $1.35M for the next 2 years, there's not a chance he gets moved unless it's for a clear upgrade ...

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:50 PM
Cogburn

Hansen isn't moving. We'd be looking at Martin as a replacement, and you'd have to add to give us incentive to make the move.

Martin for Hansen+ would be retort. Long story short, he's not worth moving for anything we'd ever get in even the most feverish overpayment we could conceive of the Islanders doing.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:54 PM
kthsn

He's a player that's worth more to his team and is very hard to give up.

Very similar to Wayne Simmonds.

kthsn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2012, 11:54 PM
mstad101

All this talk of Martin. I wouldn't be looking for another forward in return unless he was a top 6 scorer with hands.

That may change if Snow got drunk and offer Travis Hamonic/ I can't remember the other Canadian kid on your d whose young.

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:05 AM
Vandelay Industries

His value to the Canucks is more than its worth for any team to trade him

Vandelay Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:15 AM
Henrik To Daniel

Hansen for Hamonic

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:23 AM
Socratic Method Man
Weise's Lost Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Hansen for Hamonic
Unreasonable. I believe Hamonic is NYI's best Dman. (is this true??) So they couldn't really trade him.

Also mentioning Tavares is extremely unreasonable. He's one of the most impactful young players in the league, near a franchise player, if not one outright, in my opinion.

But as has been said, Hansen is an amazing player for us, with a cap hit that perfectly fits the team's structure. And Hansen in general fits our team like a glove. Someone put it pretty well by saying he's kind of like a mini-Burrows.

Couldn't move him for less than overpayment, therefore it's unrealistic to move him.

Socratic Method Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:27 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Doesn't make any sense for NYI to try and acquire someone like Hansen.

He's a piece you add when you're contending for a cup, not when you're trying to avoid lottery hell.

Wilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:37 AM
Ho Borvat

It would have to be for an Okposo or Nino type player (overpayment).

Or Frans Nielssen and Matt Martin (which is kinda pointless for the isles :p )

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 12:39 AM
Henrik To Daniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Method Man View Post
Unreasonable. I believe Hamonic is NYI's best Dman. (is this true??) So they couldn't really trade him.

Also mentioning Tavares is extremely unreasonable. He's one of the most impactful young players in the league, near a franchise player, if not one outright, in my opinion.

But as has been said, Hansen is an amazing player for us, with a cap hit that perfectly fits the team's structure. And Hansen in general fits our team like a glove. Someone put it pretty well by saying he's kind of like a mini-Burrows.

Couldn't move him for less than overpayment, therefore it's unrealistic to move him.
What do you think is a reasonable return from the Isles for Hansen then? I figured potential top 6 forward for a potential top 4 defenseman would be fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
Doesn't make any sense for NYI to try and acquire someone like Hansen.

He's a piece you add when you're contending for a cup, not when you're trying to avoid lottery hell.
If the Islanders get a lottery pick again next season I will have lost all hope for the franchise.

Henrik To Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 03:48 AM
GoodbyeLuongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
+Burrows, Hamhuis, Bieksa.
Yeah, I wouldn't expect us to trade them either, but it wasn't too long ago fans wanted Bieksa out

GoodbyeLuongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 04:03 AM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodbyeLuongo View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't expect us to trade them either, but it wasn't too long ago fans wanted Bieksa out
I'd still ship him for an upgrade...he seems to be quite dependant on Hamhuis to be his brain.

We could have gotten FILATOV for him!

DJOpus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2012, 07:10 AM
Hi-wayman

Don't kid yourself that other GM's don't see the value of adding Hansen to their team just as much as Gillis sees in keeping Hansen. Hansen is the type of multiple use player that makes a team better no mater which team, but Hansen is not the player that would or should be the key player in any trade. He is the player a GM adds to a skilled player to make a trade for an even more skilled player, too attractive to turn down. Example:

Luongo + Hansen + 3rd round pick = ???, but Hansen would never be offered in trade by himself alone.

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote