HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 2.0 - Unbelievable Edition

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2012, 07:57 PM
That

vCash: 500
Assist for Galchenyuk.

Sarault passed to Galchenyuk, Galchenyuk back to Sarault in the corner, and Sarault to Kuzmyk who scores in the slot.

The commentators are hilarious. "Sub-in" and 1-0 Sarnia after they just scored (it's 2-1)

Old
09-21-2012, 07:58 PM
CP31

Gally with an assist

Old
09-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Sweeney

Now it's time to score for Alex!|

Old
09-21-2012, 08:07 PM
Sweeney

Nice listening it live on radio!

Old
09-21-2012, 08:09 PM
poetryinmotion

He's very quick to get on the puck when he has to. Almost had a breakaway there.

Old
09-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Sweeney

PP stings! Go Alex!

Old
09-21-2012, 08:14 PM
poetryinmotion

Sting PP coming up, tying goal?

Old
09-21-2012, 08:15 PM
Ginu

Anyone know if it's on Bell Fibe?

Old
09-21-2012, 08:32 PM
Ace Dreamer

What does everyone think Galchenyuk's final point total will be this year in the OHL?

I'd say he will win the scoring title, maybe with 100+ points.

What do you guys think?

Old
09-21-2012, 08:32 PM
That

Games done. I missed the 2nd. Galchenyuk had 1 assist in a 3-1 loss.

Galchenyuk looked good. Pretty good effort on both sides of the ice. He was streaking down the ice, and used his hard wrist shot, Subban bobbled it, and he took another whack, and one of the Bulls got in his face. Galchenyuk gave him a shove and gave him an earful. He uses his hands really good, cuts across the ice, and creates space. He has a tendency just to stick handle himself into a corner, but with his excellent vision, it actually created some scoring chances. He had an assist tonight. Sarault passed him the puck, and Gally fought off the defender to tip it back to him. Sarault threw it to the top of the slot where Kuzmyk was left open. He also had a fantastic lead pass, but it led to nothing. Overall, he was good, but didn't dominate. They played him on a line with Charles Sarault. Sarault took the faceoffs and shifted to the Left Wing, while Galchenyuk moved to Centre. Galchenyuk hopped on loose pucks very quickly, and never gave up on the play tonight.

Potential 2013 draftee Nikolai Goldobin looked pretty good. Has good hands and solid vision. He also gives effort on the both ends of ice. He went end to end, but couldn't get his shot off. Also had a pretty filthy pass near the end of the game.

Gaunce, like I said earlier, was invisible. I just don't see what's so special about this kid.

Coyotes prospect Connor Murphy looked good at both ends. He surprised me with how good he was defensively, and make a pair of good plays on the PP.

Sarault looked better as the game wore on. He's a very smart player, and also has some creativity with the puck.

EDIT: To answer the above, I think 70-80 points is reasonable. He's going to miss games due to the WJC, so he'll probably only get 40-50 games.

Last edited by That: 09-21-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old
09-21-2012, 09:54 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dreamer View Post
What does everyone think Galchenyuk's final point total will be this year in the OHL?

I'd say he will win the scoring title, maybe with 100+ points.

What do you guys think?
There's too much quality over-agers with the lockout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Games done. I missed the 2nd. Galchenyuk had 1 assist in a 3-1 loss.

Galchenyuk looked good. Pretty good effort on both sides of the ice. He was streaking down the ice, and used his hard wrist shot, Subban bobbled it, and he took another whack, and one of the Bulls got in his face. Galchenyuk gave him a shove and gave him an earful. He uses his hands really good, cuts across the ice, and creates space. He has a tendency just to stick handle himself into a corner, but with his excellent vision, it actually created some scoring chances. He had an assist tonight. Sarault passed him the puck, and Gally fought off the defender to tip it back to him. Sarault threw it to the top of the slot where Kuzmyk was left open. He also had a fantastic lead pass, but it led to nothing. Overall, he was good, but didn't dominate. They played him on a line with Charles Sarault. Sarault took the faceoffs and shifted to the Left Wing, while Galchenyuk moved to Centre. Galchenyuk hopped on loose pucks very quickly, and never gave up on the play tonight.

Potential 2013 draftee Nikolai Goldobin looked pretty good. Has good hands and solid vision. He also gives effort on the both ends of ice. He went end to end, but couldn't get his shot off. Also had a pretty filthy pass near the end of the game.

Gaunce, like I said earlier, was invisible. I just don't see what's so special about this kid.

Coyotes prospect Connor Murphy looked good at both ends. He surprised me with how good he was defensively, and make a pair of good plays on the PP.

Sarault looked better as the game wore on. He's a very smart player, and also has some creativity with the puck.

EDIT: To answer the above, I think 70-80 points is reasonable. He's going to miss games due to the WJC, so he'll probably only get 40-50 games.
Nice ! Thanx for the heads up on that !

Old
09-21-2012, 11:31 PM
poetryinmotion

I liked the chippy side of Gally this game, and when that guy got in his face he didn't back down an inch and literally stared him down. Cold steel.

It was a particularly physical game, bodies were flying everywhere, yet no one would (dare) take a run at him which I found rather odd.

The Subbans both impressed me. If we can draft Jordan we have ourselves a PK or better, an other cornerstone D in the long run should we not be in the lottery. The commentators were joking about ''what ifs'' should he get drafted by Toronto to complete the trifecta of brotherhood rivalries, but screw that. I can bet you that everyone is closely scouting him, he has intangibles as a draft pick.

More thoughts..

Goldobin should be his winger by the end of the year should Gally remain on the Sting. There is a serious lack of Yakupov on that team (read: star winger) and I thought his teammates could have used him better, especially DeAngelo when he could have passed it to him at a certain point to tie the game but got lost in the options then near the end of the game shattered his stick in frustration.

Last edited by poetryinmotion: 09-21-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old
09-22-2012, 01:39 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

vCash: 50
Hey guys, im willing to pay to watch all off sarnia's game this year, does OHL have a streaming thing like the QMJHL has?

Old
09-22-2012, 08:56 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
This to pay and watch: http://ohl.neulion.com/ohl/

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
He's a 2014 to be exact.

Here are the highlights: http://ontariohockeyleague.com/video...252c51574d595d

Old
09-22-2012, 09:17 AM
domdo345

expansive as **** to watch junior hockey on the net..

Last edited by domdo345: 09-22-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old
09-22-2012, 10:12 AM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
This to pay and watch: http://ohl.neulion.com/ohl/

He's a 2014 to be exact.

Here are the highlights: http://ontariohockeyleague.com/video...252c51574d595d
You're right. He misses the cut off by 22 days.

Old
09-22-2012, 10:16 AM
maryannshabs*

Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Continue here
I would agree with the several other fans here who say. If only Galchenyuk performs well, and the others in this draft become busts, it would be time for Trevor Timmons to be let go.

Old
09-22-2012, 10:23 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryannshabs View Post
I would agree with the several other fans here who say. If only Galchenyuk performs well, and the others in this draft become busts, it would be time for Trevor Timmons to be let go.
How about replying to the posts that countered your last round of Timmins bashing?

Old
09-22-2012, 10:54 AM
maryannshabs*

Galchenyuk vs Grigorenko

During the 2012 June draft, as it came to a close, the one thing that kept daunting me was Did we chose the right center?? I know the player we took was considered as good a two way foward as any in the draft, but when Buffalo chose Grigorenko, I can only hope that we got the better of the two fowards. Yesterdays showing by Grigs, Four Points, is now making alot of Habs fans wondering..

Old
09-22-2012, 10:58 AM
LeMAD

I have no opinion on the subject, but it *might* be to soon to judge.

Old
09-22-2012, 11:02 AM
LyricalLyricist

I was hoping we can get both.

Grigo has some great potential but one thing also comes into play. Is he a better PRO player? I think gally has assets and a work ethic Grigo does not. Grigorenko is a big guy in a relatively weaker league(Q vs Ohl) who can likely get away with taking shifts off. In the NHL, I'm not sure he'll be able.

Granted, he's got plenty of time to improve, they both do and may both end up good players. We'll have to wait and see but 1 game doesn't really set the standard for either one.

Old
09-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Takashi

Quote:
During the 2012 June draft, as it came to a close, the one thing that kept daunting me was Did we chose the right center?? I know the player we took was considered as good a two way foward as any in the draft, but when Buffalo chose Grigorenko, I can only hope that we got the better of the two fowards. Yesterdays showing by Grigs, Four Points, is now making alot of Habs fans wondering..
it's only one game .. Bozon had a hat-trick yesterday, but he isn't better than Gally, so it means nothing.

Old
09-22-2012, 11:13 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
13 teams passed on Grigorenko. I think he could be a great NHL player, but he could also bust. Galy will be a good to great NHL player. His upside may not be as high, but his bust potential is much less.

Old
09-22-2012, 11:20 AM
goodfellas

We should not forget too that Grigorenko plays in a much better team than Galchenyuk this season.

Old
09-22-2012, 11:41 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Yes, it has me wondering where Anthony Duclair will go during the 13 draft. He had 3 goals 1 assist during the game and was 1st star. Grigorenko wasn't even in the 3 stars that game in comparison sake with his 1 goal and 3 assists: http://theqmjhl.ca/schedule/show/game/62583

Closed Thread