HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Parise / Suter, where do they go?

Old
07-02-2012, 12:35 PM
BRINGITHH8771*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombi View Post
The package deal is coming to Hockeytown.

That would be awesome, but I'd be shocked if it became a reality.

I think it's more realistic to say that Suter is coming to DET and Parise to someone else.
I would take Parise to Pitt than suter 9 times out of 10.. i would rather have suter we got to many young d prospects and Carle is still out there and he will be a lot less.

BRINGITHH8771* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 12:37 PM
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid

imo:
Suter-Det
Parise-NJ or Pits

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 12:38 PM
BRINGITHH8771*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
Going with my gut here...

Parise & Suter - Pittsburgh, Detroit, Edmonton()

I think that Parise and Suter will be signing with the same team come tomorrow, just a gut feeling.
I honestly could see that.. they got bank lol.. and they have a lot of young talent you would have top 2 lines with phemoninal wingers
a center( i believe) andShultz and then suter htat would be BA!!!!! but i doubt anyone will go there but they could have a really good team if they spent the money.

but i doubt that they would go there... I pray he goes to PITT

Old
07-02-2012, 12:43 PM
BRINGITHH8771*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandrov View Post
If Pittsburgh lands one or both of the two, it will be the ultimate sucker choice team in nhl13 online!!
If this was Facebook i would like this

Parise-Sid-Dupuis(YUCK)
kunitz-Geno-Neal
TK-Sutter-Cooke(good defence but less offence w/0 staal)
4th line is alright

Letang-Depres
Sutter-Orpik
Nisky-Engo
Morrow/Lovejoy

-Flower
Volkun

if thats healthy u arent going to beat them too often lol.

The All-Star game might just get replaced by the penguins game just to save time. lol..... take away the break lol.

Old
07-02-2012, 12:48 PM
BRINGITHH8771*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggs View Post
Its not like shero to put all his eggs in the same basket, I bet he is working on trade for ryan and trying to sign carle it would be cheaper and leave some cap room for the trade deadline. Having said that he would have made legit offers to suter and parise which is suprising cause they would have been front loaded contracts and shero has not made this a secret he don't like them. This is the problem that most GMs don't get, mainly canadian ones (its seems so anyways) get a star is going to cost big but its useless, unless they have someone to play with, bigger the risk bigger the rewards. Toronto has done this for years in stead of gambling and trying to get ringer for kessel or make trade for one they will sign nobodys or make trades that wont fit granted there recent trade to be decided. just venting it would be nice to see toronto make the playoffs lol, thank god i like pittsburgh too,I have a team to watch....
The Penguins are smart they have undoubtedly 2 of the best 3 players in the league Geno Malkin but dont have stamkos.. but if u want to pay a guy like parise more than 8.7 you are saying he is better than crosby.. and he isnt crosby but he is really good. so no player will ever become a pen if their hit is greater than 8.7 i would say parise would havee to take an offer between 7 and 8 years and possibly a 10 year deal for like 75-80million. Take it Parise!!!!

Old
07-02-2012, 12:48 PM
Swedish Puck Mafia
Break The HeMan Down

vCash: 1920
I'd rather see Parise go to the KHL than have him join the Penguins.

Last edited by TMI: 07-02-2012 at 01:09 PM. Reason: stop trolling
Swedish Puck Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 12:50 PM
Beetlebum*

Pens are out it is between the Devils and Hawks.

Beetlebum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 12:54 PM
spuzzum

It's about time Crosby gets a decent winger. I can just imagine the points they'll put up together.

spuzzum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 12:54 PM
BRINGITHH8771*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensu View Post
I read a tweet from Russo that the Wild might do 11 or 10 @ 10 (forgot which one). Don't know if there's any truth in that.
IF any team is dumb enough to offer parise 10 million a year fro 10-11 years parise please do that if a team is dumb enough to waist 1/7 of their cap on 1/24 of their lineup go right ahead u lucky sob. nobody in the league should be making more than 8.7

Old
07-02-2012, 01:04 PM
MNState0fHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRINGITHH8771 View Post
IF any team is dumb enough to offer parise 10 million a year fro 10-11 years parise please do that if a team is dumb enough to waist 1/7 of their cap on 1/24 of their lineup go right ahead u lucky sob. nobody in the league should be making more than 8.7
Market dictates what you're worth. It's hard to say no one is worth more than 8.7 without first considering what Crosby would get if he ever hit free agency.

That said, I agree. The $$ being thrown at these guys is too much.

MNState0fHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Birko19

I'm thinking Suter is probably waiting to see if Minnesota will get Parise. If so, they're both signing with the Wild, if not, then I think Suter will go to Detroit and Parise to Pittsburgh.

Birko19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birko19 View Post
I'm thinking Suter is probably waiting to see if Minnesota will get Parise. If so, they're both signing with the Wild, if not, then I think Suter will go to Detroit and Parise to Pittsburgh.
Nailed it.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Block More Shots

My prediction:

Parise to PIT
Suter to DET

Detroit does not have the cap space to get both, and if they had to choose one, I think it's obvious they need Suter more than Parise considering Lidstrom just retired.

Minnesota, although a seemingly good fit with it basically being home for Parise, just doesn't make sense from a competitive, win-now standpoint. Money will absolutely not be the deciding factor because all of these teams are offering around the same money most likely. Pittsburgh gives him the best chance to win now with the lineup they have, so I think he'll choose there. Philly and NYR are not options, mainly because of the rivalries with NJ. I'm convinced he's taking that into consideration, because if he wasn't, both of those teams should've been legitimate choices in terms of wanting to win now. I wouldn't necessarily consider PIT-NJ to be a huge rivalary, despite being in the same division.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 01:16 PM
MNState0fHockey

Quote:
I think your spot on.

MNState0fHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

I'm thinking after all this Parise just ends up back in NJ.

Naych_PHX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Birko19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block More Shots View Post
Detroit does not have the cap space to get both.
They have 16 million of cap space and a jam up front that they can free up. They're fine if they sign them around the 7-8 million range a piece.

Birko19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Block More Shots

Quote:
They have 16 million of cap space and a jam up front that they can free up. They're fine if they sign them around the 7-8 million range a piece.
True, but they'd really have to be smart about working around the cap. I just think they'd be setting themselves up for some serious cap issues if they were to acquire both, not leaving themselves much room to maneuver. But hey, crazier things have happened; the Rangers got rid of Gomez when I never thought it would happen

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Nolanitis

While there is a remote chance, I will give my tribute to MLK' "I have a Dream".....

Tomorrow it is announced the Islanders are sold to developers of Willets Point (queens), who realize there is some talent here and want to market the team.

Suter and Parise come to resurrect a dying franchise and kick off a new beginning....

God I wish....

Nolanitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Al Lagoon

Quote:
My prediction:

Parise to PIT
Suter to DET

Detroit does not have the cap space to get both, and if they had to choose one, I think it's obvious they need Suter more than Parise considering Lidstrom just retired.

Minnesota, although a seemingly good fit with it basically being home for Parise, just doesn't make sense from a competitive, win-now standpoint. Money will absolutely not be the deciding factor because all of these teams are offering around the same money most likely. Pittsburgh gives him the best chance to win now with the lineup they have, so I think he'll choose there. Philly and NYR are not options, mainly because of the rivalries with NJ. I'm convinced he's taking that into consideration, because if he wasn't, both of those teams should've been legitimate choices in terms of wanting to win now. I wouldn't necessarily consider PIT-NJ to be a huge rivalary, despite being in the same division.
Parise is 27 - does he need to win it all now, especially if he signs a 8-10 year deal?

I think you got it backwards - which team offers him long-term success? Looking at the job Fletcher and Flahr have done with the Wild farm system, I think that would be an attractive setting for a guy to settle into long-term.

Al Lagoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2012, 11:52 PM
nwpensfan

Quote:
My prediction:

Parise to PIT
Suter to DET

I think you are very wrong on that statement alone!!

nwpensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 12:18 AM
jfisher6
#thestructure

vCash: 50
Predictions:

Parise trolls for a bit and then decides to stay in New Jersey.

Suter surprises everyone including himself by choosing Colorado.

Minnesota burns to the ground in rage.

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
Predictions:

Parise trolls for a bit and then decides to stay in New Jersey.

Suter surprises everyone including himself by choosing Colorado.

Minnesota burns to the ground in rage.
Sure we'll be disappointed if we don't get either of them, but we're not going to be angry. I myself am fully expecting both of them to sign somewhere else so that when it likely happens, I won't be devastated. We still have a great prospect pool and plenty of cap space to work with if we decide to go the trade route.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Miller Time

everyone is banking on the obvious choices, so i'll go outside the box here...

Parise - Montreal (habs fan bias, of course, but also based on his father's ties to S.Savard, and the whole hockey family/play for original-6 thing).

Suter - Chicago (uncle's ties to the city, proximity to Wisconsin, playing for a team with a great core)

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Lagoon View Post
Parise is 27 - does he need to win it all now, especially if he signs a 8-10 year deal?

I think you got it backwards - which team offers him long-term success? Looking at the job Fletcher and Flahr have done with the Wild farm system, I think that would be an attractive setting for a guy to settle into long-term.
I am sure it would be. Not least being paid more than handsomely.
Doesn't change that no-one would suggest Parise does not have a bigger chance to win over the next 5 years if he signed with Pittsburgh, Chicago or L.A for instance. These teams have very strong cores in place - cores that won already. Even cores that could also be very good 8 years from now, and all of these teams have good prospect pipelines as well (not like Minnesota, granted, but that is certainly overshadowed by what's on the NHL teams).

Minnesota probably have to outbid all of those teams - and more. But then despite Parise talking so much about winning, money does speak quite loudly also, so I wouldn't suggest that Minnesota aren't in it.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2012, 12:35 AM
McArthur

If it werent for the front loaded contract, imho nasville would have been all over signing both and keeping weber. Thats instant cup contenders next year.

McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote