Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Schultz: The (NHL) Decision - Signs With Oilers

Old
07-01-2012, 03:06 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

vCash: 500
The only thing mckenzie has me still pissed about is that he keeps brining up the Pronger trade and comparing the two, when they are completely different.

Duck Off is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 03:14 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oillio View Post
yeah, its the same for a duck fans knowledge of smid. The only thing they know about him is that he was drafted by anaheim. thanks btw
I don't see Anaheim fans referring to him(Smid) based on his play two years ago. I've seen a lot of Smid, and that includes this season. Beauchemin played harder minutes(not to mention he played 5 more minutes per game than Smid), is a bit more dangerous from the point, and is a beast in the defensive zone. Smid came a long way last season, and he has a bright future, but I just don't see an objective argument that points to him as the better defenseman as of right now. He was a bright spot in a pretty abysmal season, but he's still a bit behind Beauchemin.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 03:55 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

welp, here's hoping Anaheim has enough evidence to win a tampering case.

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:16 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
What is with McKenzie lately? Is he this grumpy because he's getting on in age? It's like he thinks Schultz did nothing wrong.

If this happened to a Canadian team...
It's a Canadian thing. Almost no Canadian will fault a guy for screwing over an American team to come to Canada. Lindros is still vilified, Heatley was the worst person ever, but Schultz is a hero. Only Canadian journalist that I saw today even bring up Schultz lying was James Mirtle. Others, like McKenzie, tried to make it out to be no big deal, whereas Mirtle was very critical of Schultz all day. Defending the media circus, which Schultz in no way had to create, was also pretty bad.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:23 AM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

In reading back through Russo's comments (from late May) regarding possible tampering, he sure makes it sound like he knows something.

"And whatever that team is, I guarantee you the Anaheim Ducks will go after them with a tampering charge, because the Anaheim Ducks have been building that case for the last couple of months."

It sounds like he some inside information. Why else would he be so specific and even guarantee that the Ducks will go after them? To me, it sounds like much more than just a hunch. Or, am I reading way too into his comments?

Would be great if the Ducks actually have evidence and can get compensated. Oiler fans make it sound as if they are owed Schultz for trading Pronger to the Ducks. They still don't get how they received compensation for Pronger, while the Ducks receive nothing for Schultz. Entirely different situation...

Crazy8oooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:23 AM
Finnpin

Justin's first comments about Ducks are totally BS.

I'd just like to see at least one media person asking Schultz:

"Why did you made Ducks think you are theirs and when you decided you are not why didn't you told them that...instead you just didn't answer their phone calls?"

Justin is so full of **** that you can track his whereabouts by smell.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:24 AM
duckhead32686
Cup4Saku

Send a message via AIM to duckhead32686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
The only thing mckenzie has me still pissed about is that he keeps brining up the Pronger trade and comparing the two, when they are completely different.
Yea, I don't understand how the two can be compared. The ducks got nothing out of this deal. If they would have made a trade, sure, then maybe they're comparable. But as I recall Pronger wanted out of Edmonton and the ducks gave the oilers what they wanted for him. Lupul, Smid and a first round pick isn't nothing. They are just trying to justify the fact that they got someone who is a lying, classless, sack of crap.

duckhead32686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:36 AM
Crazy8oooo
k ؃

I also don't understand comments such as these...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevyD View Post
Looks like you may have a terrific team next year. Good for you. Well deserved.
How exactly is having a terrific team by receiving 3 straight #1 picks and having a blue chipper fall into your laps due to a 'loophole' in the CBA, well deserved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
Congratulations Oiler fans !You folks are building a fine young hockey club up there ! I am a big Flyers fan, but i do not let that get in the way of appreciating the way your club is working its way back toward the top tier of the NHL.....Good luck !
Working it's way back by being a constant bottom team in order to gain multiple lottery picks?

Quite humorous to me...

Crazy8oooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:42 AM
James Franco

They had the last 3 first overall picks they don't deserve ****.

James Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 04:43 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

To me this is more than just losing Schultz for nothing. I have serious doubts that Murray would have traded Gardiner if Schultz was not in the pipeline. Even if I forget that Anaheim could have traded Schultz instead(and almost certainly would have if Schultz had been honest with Anaheim), I just don't see Murray making that trade if he doesn't feel that Anaheim's prospect pool is well stocked in regards to defensive talent. So when I look at this situation, and I see how Schultz mislead Murray and was dishonest to the Ducks, I see it costing them Gardiner -and- Schultz. Lupul would be on that list too, but if I'm objective about it I can concede that things just weren't working with him and it was only a matter of time.

That just pisses me off. If Schultz had manned up and said he was considering free agency, the Ducks could have acted accordingly. But because he took the cowardly approach, and lied to the team, the Ducks got screwed because they moved assets under the belief that Schultz would be there. This is something most people don't understand. Losing just Schultz would be easier to swallow, but his ******** hurt the franchise in other ways too. I'd love to hear what Mckenzie has to say about that, because what Schultz did was completely unprofessional, and hearing Schultz say he wishes the best for Anaheim is a slap in the face after that dagger in the back. All he needed to do was tell the ****ing truth to Murray.

Old
07-01-2012, 04:47 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschtze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
To me this is more than just losing Schultz for nothing. I have serious doubts that Murray would have traded Gardiner if Schultz was not in the pipeline. Even if I forget that Anaheim could have traded Schultz instead(and almost certainly would have if Schultz had been honest with Anaheim), I just don't see Murray making that trade if he doesn't feel that Anaheim's prospect pool is well stocked in regards to defensive talent. So when I look at this situation, and I see how Schultz mislead Murray and was dishonest to the Ducks, I see it costing them Gardiner -and- Schultz. Lupul would be on that list too, but if I'm objective about it I can concede that things just weren't working with him and it was only a matter of time.

That just pisses me off. If Schultz had manned up and said he was considering free agency, the Ducks could have acted accordingly. But because he took the cowardly approach, and lied to the team, the Ducks got screwed because they moved assets under the belief that Schultz would be there. This is something most people don't understand. Losing just Schultz would be easier to swallow, but his ******** hurt the franchise in other ways too. I'd love to hear what Mckenzie has to say about that, because what Schultz did was completely unprofessional, and hearing Schultz say he wishes the best for Anaheim is a slap in the face after that dagger in the back. All he needed to do was tell the ****ing truth to Murray.
But Schultz only made his mind up yesterday according to our friends in the Canadian media

mightyquack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:09 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
But Schultz only made his mind up yesterday according to our friends in the Canadian media
Which we both know is BS. That's just people putting blinders on because it makes him sound better as a person. For three years he says "Go Ducks!" and then decides he wants to try something else? He's known for at least this season, at a minimum, and he mislead the Ducks. You know it, and I know it, and if McKenzie wasn't drinking the Kool Aid I'm sure it would occur to him as well. If Schultz had been a man about it he would have given Anaheim notice, so that they could have planned accordingly. Schultz can say all the right things, but his actions speak louder. There is nothing professional about misleading an organization, letting them think you'll sign with them, only to say "Oops! Sorry." when it's too late.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:22 AM
PuqTalk
@PuqOT on Twitter

I'm really not trying to antagonize, but it's pretty funny to me that anyone is still bothering with this discussion. Schultz is gone, hope he busts, and that's the end of it. We've got more important things to move on to.

PuqTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 05:41 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuqTalk View Post
I'm really not trying to antagonize, but it's pretty funny to me that anyone is still bothering with this discussion. Schultz is gone, hope he busts, and that's the end of it. We've got more important things to move on to.
It's called venting. It also makes me a little nauseous seeing certain fans rationalize it, and act like Schultz was just doing what was best for Schultz, and he's really a classy guy. Of course, that's only the case when it's their team he's playing for. When Pronger boned Edmonton I didn't try to argue that he was really an okay guy, even though Anaheim ended up with him. Oiler fans are being either downright arrogant about the signing, or completely patronizing about the situation.

Old
07-01-2012, 05:43 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

It's annoying how Canadian fans rationalize it "coming home" they never bother to read what we say, and why we're annoyed

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 07:33 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Also is Edmonton's defence been so bad the last 6 years that Petry is Pronger lite...LOL

There was nothing Pronger-lite about him at the World's. He wasn't 'just as good as Fowler' either, which was something being claimed on the trade board a few months earlier.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 07:40 AM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post

There was nothing Pronger-lite about him at the World's. He wasn't 'just as good as Fowler' either, which was something being claimed on the trade board a few months earlier.
Yeah. Kind of interesting how quickly that changed when it wasn't only Oiler fans were watching him. I think he's a talented guy, mind you, but there was a lot of exaggeration going on. Happened with Whitney too. He's nothing special in Anaheim, but after a week in an Oiler uniform he's a #1 defenseman.

Old
07-01-2012, 08:01 AM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

Quote:
Which we both know is BS. That's just people putting blinders on because it makes him sound better as a person. For three years he says "Go Ducks!" and then decides he wants to try something else? He's known for at least this season, at a minimum, and he mislead the Ducks. You know it, and I know it, and if McKenzie wasn't drinking the Kool Aid I'm sure it would occur to him as well. If Schultz had been a man about it he would have given Anaheim notice, so that they could have planned accordingly. Schultz can say all the right things, but his actions speak louder. There is nothing professional about misleading an organization, letting them think you'll sign with them, only to say "Oops! Sorry." when it's too late.
It's amazing how people say that he just suddenly changed his mind. Of course he knew about being able to become FA for at least a season. I would bet that after he finished his 2nd year at Wisconsin he met with agent to discuss his future, and then he was presented with the option of becoming FA. And that's at the latest, maybe he found out even earlier. To think he didn't know about the option for at least a season is very naive and/or being clueless how professional this business is.

As I said earlier, you don't go from "I can't wait to play in Anaheim" to "playing in Canada is very important to me" just like that. Add that to knowing about possibility to become FA and you get a clearer picture.

Not to mention he refused to answer a call from Niedermayer.

You stay classy Anaheim, right Chuck?

Lord Flashheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Firestorm

Quote:

It also sends a dangerous precedent to the other talented college players.

Firestorm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 10:03 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Personally I hope he busts terribly. Perhaps this would help to discourage players from taking this route in the future.

Estimated_Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
I wonder if Justin will have a fit because his jersey says "J. Schultz" instead of just "Schultz" because of Nick Schultz already being on the team.

Gibson Les Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Finnpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
I wonder if Justin will have a fit because his jersey says "J. Schultz" instead of just "Schultz" because of Nick Schultz already being on the team.
Justin asks to be called "The Schultz"

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:12 AM
JabbaJabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu View Post
Justin will force him to change his name. There can only be one Schultz in Edmonton, all hail almighty Justin Schultz!

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Justin asks to be called "The Schultz"
Actually, his jersey will just have an unpronounceable symbol instead of a name and number and I hear he's changed his name to "the hockey player formerly known as Schultz".

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2012, 11:17 AM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

I thought he already had one made up that said "King Justin" with number of 27 1/2 since he is already better than his alleged idol.

KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote