HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Justin Schultz is an Oiler! Not just 1 top prospect, Not 2, Not 3, Not 4...

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-30-2012, 05:32 PM
  #976
UKOiler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Leeds, England
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunderbore View Post
well you sure must know rivalries while being from England and most probably LUFC fan. this is not quite on the level of the War of the Roses in 90's, not on the level on mocking Munich i mean, but still very intense. talk about Tyne-Wear derby at the very least.
im a sunderland fan but i didnt want to sound condesending.... sunderland and newcastle fan actually dont seek winding each outher up we have learned over time it comes back to bite you

I just dont want you guys to say somthing now that you will regret later i understand the passion but we whouldnt want them on here if they had got him

UKOiler is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 05:34 PM
  #977
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Van!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
If anyone is interested, I just got completely effed on the Nucks board. I'm done with them.
You say this but you keep coming back with your inane little comments.

craigcaulks* is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 05:35 PM
  #978
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,500
vCash: 500
I'm not going back there.

I'm staying here with you guys haha, I can't stand those guys.

Mr Forever is online now  
Old
06-30-2012, 05:37 PM
  #979
Sonny21
Registerd User
 
Sonny21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,624
vCash: 50
Congrats guys, it's huge adding someone like Schultz. If he lives up to his potential, you guys will be scary. Wanted him on leafs but didn't get my hopes up so not really disappointed either.

Sonny21 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 05:37 PM
  #980
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again
 
Johnny Bravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Game on
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
I'm not going back there.

I'm staying here with you guys haha, I can't stand those guys.
We are quite the team!

Johnny Bravo is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 05:37 PM
  #981
The Shockmaster
AKA SheamusFan
 
The Shockmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,668
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny21 View Post
Congrats guys, it's huge adding someone like Schultz. If he lives up to his penitential, you guys will be scary.
Out of curiousity, which team do you support?

The Shockmaster is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 05:38 PM
  #982
SK13
Mo'Linguish
 
SK13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,949
vCash: 500
The comparisons to Gilroy and Brunnstrom are old as hell, though.

He's not some undrafted free agent, he was a good minor hockey league kid who just got better.

SK13 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 05:39 PM
  #983
Timo
Registered User
 
Timo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,336
vCash: 500
Idiot move by ST. Useless, good for nothing.....

Oh do we like ST now?

I can never keep up with these things!

Timo is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 05:40 PM
  #984
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(
 
Mr Forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: COLLEGE
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,500
vCash: 500
We were bashed for picking Yakupov.

We were basked because we had too many forwards.

We were bashed because we can't acquire ANYONE without using a first overall pick.

We boosted our team by signing a FREE AGENT and we still get bashed.

Wheeu

Mr Forever is online now  
Old
06-30-2012, 05:40 PM
  #985
Sonny21
Registerd User
 
Sonny21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,624
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheamusfan View Post
Out of curiousity, which team do you support?
Leafs. It would of been great to add him, no doubt. However I also didn't get my hopes up either so not disappointed either.

I know you guys have had bad luck with getting some guys joining Oilers so it's good to see that the fans weren't let down here.

Sonny21 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 05:42 PM
  #986
ToeDrag83
Down, Not Out
 
ToeDrag83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oil Country
Posts: 990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf8188 View Post
Haha...how are you guys the Heat of the NHL? Makes zero sense.
It's gotta be the weather.

ToeDrag83 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 05:43 PM
  #987
SK13
Mo'Linguish
 
SK13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
We were bashed for picking Yakupov.

We were basked because we had too many forwards.

We were bashed because we can't acquire ANYONE without using a first overall pick.

We boosted our team by signing a FREE AGENT and we still get bashed.

Wheeu
Criticism is a part of life, old chum. It will happen no matter what.

If we win the Cup with this group, some will say that we need to put an asterisk on that win because we "tanked for picks". Pittsburgh got that, Chicago got that, and we'd get it worse because we're a Canadian team and other Canadian fans are pissy about it... until they're doing it themselves.

Fun thing is, nobody is saying it about Pittsburgh or Chicago now.

SK13 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 05:43 PM
  #988
Tedi
Registered User
 
Tedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,727
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
Dear lord, folks.

Stay local, where it's safe and warm and happy.
Agree, no need to kick them while their down, even if that isn't the intent. Plenty of time for that during the season.

Tedi is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 05:44 PM
  #989
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again
 
Johnny Bravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Game on
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,351
vCash: 500
Could get some very good quotes from that thread!

Johnny Bravo is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 05:45 PM
  #990
Jean Ralphio
Registered User
 
Jean Ralphio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
I'm not going back there.

I'm staying here with you guys haha, I can't stand those guys.
I think you did it by posting the picture of the banners

Jean Ralphio is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 05:45 PM
  #991
AK Dandyman
Registered User
 
AK Dandyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,032
vCash: 500
Schultz interviewed after agreeing to terms, he said he tries to model his game a little bit to that of Letang, and he also like how Doughty plays.

He also said Krueger spoke with him about his coaching style, he thought there couldn't be a better fit than that.

AK Dandyman is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 05:46 PM
  #992
Sonny21
Registerd User
 
Sonny21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,624
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
The comparisons to Gilroy and Brunnstrom are old as hell, though.

He's not some undrafted free agent, he was a good minor hockey league kid who just got better.
Yeah someone told me that as well and I told them same thing, he wasn't un-drafted kid here, rather used a loophole and got to UFA. He was one of the highest touted defenseman prospects not playing in NHL for the past few years. No one year wonder hype here.

Sonny21 is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 05:46 PM
  #993
The Bored Man
#94
 
The Bored Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,386
vCash: 537
Second time in two years that a player shuns the warm California sun to play in Edmonton.

2012.

The Bored Man is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 05:47 PM
  #994
Tedi
Registered User
 
Tedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,727
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
We were bashed for picking Yakupov.

We were basked because we had too many forwards.

We were bashed because we can't acquire ANYONE without using a first overall pick.

We boosted our team by signing a FREE AGENT and we still get bashed.

Wheeu
Jealousy breeds that kind of contempt. It means we are doing it right...now.

Tedi is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 05:47 PM
  #995
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards
 
Jimmi Jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,389
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Dandyman View Post
Schultz interviewed after agreeing to terms, he said he tries to model his game a little bit to that of Letang, and he also like how Doughty plays.

He also said Krueger spoke with him about his coaching style, he thought there couldn't be a better fit than that.
Krueger paying dividends before the season has even started.

I'm feeling genuinely optimistic about the up coming season.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 05:48 PM
  #996
T-Funk
Registered User
 
T-Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 8,969
vCash: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Krueger paying dividends before the season has even started.

I'm feeling genuinely optimistic about the up coming season.
We need IATL's opinion on the coaching hire now

T-Funk is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 05:49 PM
  #997
Rageinthecage
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 320
vCash: 500
Congrats to the Oilers for acquiring yet another top prospect (this is from a Canucks fan). Perennial Stanley Cup contention should be just a couple/few years away. You have the best young offense in the league since your 80s counterpart. Now you just need one or two key free agent d-men and hope Dubnyk continues to develop, and the playoffs may be right around the corner.

Rageinthecage is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 05:49 PM
  #998
The Shockmaster
AKA SheamusFan
 
The Shockmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,668
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
We were bashed for picking Yakupov.

We were basked because we had too many forwards.

We were bashed because we can't acquire ANYONE without using a first overall pick.

We boosted our team by signing a FREE AGENT and we still get bashed.

Wheeu
I see you re-posted in a forum which won't get you insulted .

The Shockmaster is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 05:50 PM
  #999
craigcaulks*
Registered Luser.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: East Van!
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Ralphio View Post
I think you did it by posting the picture of the banners
But outdid himself with the original and still funny riot jokes followed up by the new arena jokes.

craigcaulks* is offline  
Old
06-30-2012, 05:50 PM
  #1000
syz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
syz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedi View Post
Jealousy breeds that kind of contempt. It means we are doing it right...now.
Don't play the jealousy bit; that's Vancouver's card.

This is just the standard self-imposed sense of entitlement and not getting something.

"But we're so much prettier," etc..

syz is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.