HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Justin Schultz is an Oiler! Not just 1 top prospect, Not 2, Not 3, Not 4...

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2012, 08:09 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
It's funny, I think I am more pissed off that we lost out on the sweepstakes and not the actual player. Kinda feels like losing a game, hopefully tomorrow will fix things. I don't pay attention to NCAA hockey and other than hearing about him recently, I didn't care much. I think the same could be said of 95% of fans.
I thought nucks had him in a walk. Thought I had a legit source in the Schultz family camp with a former teammate of his and I just talked to him and he suggested something happened about 10 days ago that caused him to change how he looked at things.

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
Old
06-30-2012, 08:09 PM
Kearns
Bo Knows Hockey

vCash: 500
Great time to be an Oilers fan. The future looks bright in Edmonton. I am not being sarcastic. Congrats to the Oil on making a nice addition today. I wanted to see him in Vancouver.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:10 PM
T-Funk

you should boo him for no reason though

Old
06-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
I still want to know where Ben Kuzma and his "Oilers were never in it" **** is now...
Is he on twitter? if so, now is the time to give him a shout or seven.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
It's funny, I think I am more pissed off that we lost out on the sweepstakes and not the actual player. Kinda feels like losing a game, hopefully tomorrow will fix things. I don't pay attention to NCAA hockey and other than hearing about him recently, I didn't care much. I think the same could be said of 95% of fans.
That's kinda my impression too. Canucks will be just fine without Schultz, and will likely bolster their lineup further through free agency or trades, yet their fans seem unbelievably pissed off about this one. It makes very little sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
Is he on twitter? if so, now is the time to give him a shout or seven.
https://twitter.com/#!/benkuzma

Old
06-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogEatDog View Post
I thought nucks had him in a walk. Thought I had a legit source in the Schultz family camp with a former teammate of his and I just talked to him and he suggested something happened about 10 days ago that caused him to change how he looked at things.
I was always a little skeptical about this.

Sure you might want to be close enough to your parents that they come watch you play fairly easily, but how many early-20 year-olds want their parents a stone's throw away?

I always felt that Edmonton was ideal in that his parents could still make it out to a lot of games but Justin would have that "buffer space" away from the family that all kids want.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:12 PM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearns View Post
Great time to be an Oilers fan. The future looks bright in Edmonton. I am not being sarcastic. Congrats to the Oil on making a nice addition today. I wanted to see him in Vancouver.
Thanks, it's been a long time coming and some really tough few years for Oilers fans. It's great to finally get positive stories like this.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:14 PM
KneeOnKnee

I also like the signing as it ticks off both Vancouver and Calgary, it's just icing on the cake. I am sure by now they are talking about how severely over rated he is.

Old
06-30-2012, 08:15 PM
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

New Thread is up!