HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offseason Discussion IX: Is it Sunday yet? (Contract/FA charts in Post #1)

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2012, 05:14 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0NTY26 View Post
2009 Kunitz is better than Hartnell is now, but Kunitz hasn't played with that aggressive edge for some time now, imo. And Nash > Neal. Neal is perfect because he can snipe Geno's perfect feeds, but Nash can create on his own, which is something Neal can't really do - at least not on the level of Nash.

Parise Sid Dupuis would be good, but again, I think Hartnell > Dupuis just bc of the game he brings.

Giroux is an incredible player, though. He isn't on Sid or Geno's level, but he's getting damn close and he's a total package. Great shot, great dangles, great IQ on both sides of the ice. He's a top tier PK'er - at least in the system he's in. When he's on that PK, with out PP, I worry about shorties, constantly.
The Geno line I'd probably have to give you. Though I think Geno is enough better than Giroux to make it close. The Parise-Crosby-Dupuis line, I disagree. Crosby is way better than Giroux. Parise is better than Nash imo. Crosby over Giroux makes up any difference between Hartnell and Dupuis imo.

That's a great line for sure. The good news is, the second line wouldn't even be close to ours.

Old
06-30-2012, 05:15 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
What a load of crap. Other than Semin and Parise (the 2 elite wingers) there's a bunch who'll fall into that 3-5.5m range. All of whom would make the Pens better than returning to Sully and Dupuis.

Mueller
Lattendress
Hudler
Doan
Penner
Huselius
Smyth
PA Parenteau
Samuelsson
Boyes
No two of those players are better than the pair of Parise and Dupuis. A few of those players have a lot to prove before I even call them better than Dupuis.

There are enough good players out there to make a solid line-up if we miss Parise. But he's by far the best player available this year. Given the choice out of every wing in the league, Parise would probably be my choice to play with Sid and he'd be in my top 3 without a doubt.

Old
06-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Blitzburgh87*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTommy View Post
http://flyersfaithful.com/wp-content...ent-Part-2.mp3

It's an interview with Eklund, so guys, take it with a grain of salt ...

Eklund says, he thinks Parise signs with Kings, Suter with Detroit or Nashville, but Shane Doan wants to come here. Apperantly, Eklund to Doan's friends and even Roenick said Doan wants to sign with us.

Personally, I would be happy with Doan, but for me, he's no.3 on my forward wish-list :

1.Parise
2.Whitney
3.Doan
If he really wants to come here he could take less sign parise for $7.5 million sign suter for $8 million and trade Martin then sign doan for $5 million

Old
06-30-2012, 05:17 PM
Flat Stanley

To be honest, I don't see why the cap would go down. There are teams that spend to the cap and maybe those team's have an idea about where the cap will be in the future.

I've said it before, why would the NHL tell teams to operate under the $70.2M cap if it's going to decrease? It doesn't make sense, if they set that as a cap limit, I think it will stay within that limit.

Old
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
The Cap is also something I worry about. A lot of people seem to think the cap is going to go down. If we sign Parise to this massive deal, with Sid's new deal, and Letang and Geno needing new deals soon, we could easily screw ourselves out of some of our core.
It is a concern. We can part with Martin, Orpik, Kunitz and possibly Fleury (for a cheaper goalie if he doesn't get his postseason act together) over the next few years though.

Old
Riptide

Quote:
The Cap is also something I worry about. A lot of people seem to think the cap is going to go down. If we sign Parise to this massive deal, with Sid's new deal, and Letang and Geno needing new deals soon, we could easily screw ourselves out of some of our core.
I don't think 1 contract is the end of the world (take your pick Parise or Suter at 7m). But I don't see Shero doing both - even if they both said yes.

Old
06-30-2012, 05:18 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

I'd be very happy with Whitney or Doan. But I still want Parise

Old
06-30-2012, 05:18 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
To be honest, I don't see why the cap would go down. There are teams that spend to the cap and maybe those team's have an idea about where the cap will be in the future.

I've said it before, why would the NHL tell teams to operate under the $70.2M cap if it's going to decrease? It doesn't make sense, if they set that as a cap limit, I think it will stay within that limit.
I think there's a good chance that if it goes down after the season begins there may be special rules that basically postpone that part until next season.

Though from a legal standpoint, I could be 100% wrong about that.

Old
06-30-2012, 05:19 PM
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk

Quote:

In future seasons it could go down though, esp. if the %'es between owners and players changes. Someone else explained it much better than I ever could on here.

Old
06-30-2012, 05:19 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
I don't think 1 contract is the end of the world (take your pick Parise or Suter at 7m). But I don't see Shero doing both - even if they both said yes.
I agree with this. Having both really will start to hamper his flexibility.

Old
06-30-2012, 05:21 PM
Riptide

Quote:

For how long? Chances are the new CBA has a lower % for the cap (likely 50-53%). Even at 3.3b that's around 65m (I did the math before but am too lazy to look it up). So it's possible that next season they have a 70m cap, but that it goes down the following season. Something everyone seems to forget, the cap can go down just as easily as it goes up. It's all based on revenue. Now things have been great and the revenue damn near doubled in the last 7 years (1.8 to 3.3B). But there's no guarantee that it'll continue like that.

Old
06-30-2012, 05:31 PM
mpp9

Parise/Sid would destroy this league. I don't care who Philly signs.

Old
06-30-2012, 05:35 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

If Parise would sign here, I would love the friendly competition that would surely develop between our top lines. Namely the Malkin/Neal combo, and the Crosby/Parise duo. Each would want to outdo the other. And we would be the benefactors.

Old
06-30-2012, 05:35 PM
HuskerTornado
RIP UW AlwaysBelieve

Quote:
What a load of crap. Other than Semin and Parise (the 2 elite wingers) there's a bunch who'll fall into that 3-5.5m range. All of whom would make the Pens better than returning to Sully and Dupuis.

Mueller
Lattendress
Hudler
Doan
Penner
Huselius
Smyth
PA Parenteau
Samuelsson
Boyes
I consider Doan a big dog, but I still think he stays with Phoenix. Huselius...really? Boyes isn't going to light up the scoreboard. Penner might have looked good in the playoffs, but he did nothing of note during the season. I'm talking about an improvement over the team last year as a whole, including Staal.

Old
06-30-2012, 05:38 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerTornado View Post
I consider Doan a big dog, but I still think he stays with Phoenix. Huselius...really? Boyes isn't going to light up the scoreboard. Penner might have looked good in the playoffs, but he did nothing of note during the season. I'm talking about an improvement over the team last year as a whole, including Staal.
Staal's gone, and we already have his replacement. Crosby needs two top six wingers. Dupuis is a 3rd wheel at best, and ideally should be on the 3rd line instead of TK.

Old
06-30-2012, 05:45 PM
Dupree13

I'd love to grab Parise plus one of Mueller or Latandresse. They could either play 3rd wheel with Sid/Parise or add some spark to the 3rd line.

Old
06-30-2012, 05:45 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherHockeyFan View Post
What about a deal around Radulov's rights for Martin?
We don't want Radulov. He can go back to the KHL as far as I'm concerned.

Old
06-30-2012, 05:47 PM
Dupree13

Quote:
Staal's gone, and we already have his replacement. Crosby needs two top six wingers. Dupuis is a 3rd wheel at best, and ideally should be on the 3rd line instead of TK.
You may be dead right about that, but I also think it's a little bit unfair to Dupuis. The guy had 59 points last year, only 10 less than Parise. Could that have been a little flukey, yes, but I actually believe he's made a ton of strides offensively in the last few years. He no longer merits the "no hands" label that he picked up back in the day.

Old
06-30-2012, 05:49 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

How long are the Pens willing to wait for a Parise or Suter if they don't want to sign tomorrow?

Old
06-30-2012, 05:50 PM
SCUDeriMISSILE
We traded Staal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Parise/Sid would destroy this league. I don't care who Philly signs.
I'm want to be done talking about it because it would be so unreal and beautiful that I don't want to go crazy if it doesn't happen.

Parise-Crosby-me is a top-10 NHL line.

Old
06-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJ View Post
How long are the Pens willing to wait for a Parise or Suter if they don't want to sign tomorrow?
However long it takes as long as we get them I'd guess.

I'm guessing that they have teams in their heads they're just waiting for the final pitches. Parise will be a couple of days I think.

Old
06-30-2012, 05:59 PM
SidTheKid8787

It's crazy but what Eklund says may be the truth.
Parise and Suter may be looking elsewhere and a guy like Doan may be coming.

I personally would love Doan in a Pens jersey. Same as i said for Iginla which won't happen...

Old
06-30-2012, 06:03 PM
AEKaki

Neal - Malkin - Kunitz ---- better than Giroux/Nash/Hartnell line
Parise - Crosby - Sullivan ---- assuming Sullivan or other FA will sign, better than the PHI line
Kennedy - Sutter - Dupuis
Vitale - Adams - Cooke

EDIT: I made a typo. Put Nash instead of Neal! LOL

Last edited by AEKaki: 06-30-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old
06-30-2012, 06:04 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEKaki View Post
Nash - Malkin - Kunitz ---- better than Giroux/Nash/Hartnell line
Parise - Crosby - Sullivan ---- assuming Sullivan or other FA will sign, better than the PHI line
Kennedy - Sutter - Dupuis
Vitale - Adams - Cooke
So we traded away Neal then?

Old
06-30-2012, 06:05 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
However long it takes as long as we get them I'd guess.

I'm guessing that they have teams in their heads they're just waiting for the final pitches. Parise will be a couple of days I think.
I gather, but do we have a Plan B? I don't want to wait a week and then not get anyone cause we were going after guys who eventually didn't choose here and missed anyone else.

Closed Thread