HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Keep hearing Bouwmeester is getting moved to Boston...for who?

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2012, 03:19 PM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

vCash: 500
*whom

Old
06-30-2012, 03:21 PM
jasonbaz77*

even for a fake rumor it's stupid.

Old
06-30-2012, 03:23 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
We don't need him.. at all.

Old
06-30-2012, 03:28 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post
Keep hearing that Boston is in talks with Calgary for Bouwmeester. Who are they planning on moving for him? I am assuming Calgary wants a forward and a prospect.
Who are u hearing this from??

Old
06-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Deal Law
S corps suck

Flames have upwards of $8m in cap space and appear to be attempting to suck this year (they'll undoubtedly get better 12 years from now when jankowski arrives to become the perennial 15 goal scorer they desperately need) so I see no reason why they would trade JB. Considering Boston's 277k of cap space, you'd have to move TT's contract and then someone like Krejci or lucic to maintain some semblance of cap sanity for next year when Rask, Seguin and Marchand all come up. That is way too much going out the door for someone who sucks and is as vastly overpaid like JB. Deal makes less than zero sense.

Old
06-30-2012, 03:40 PM
David Krejci
STANLEY CUP CHAMPS

Jay Bo is awful. My jimmies would be so rustled if we gave up anything to acquire him.

Old
06-30-2012, 03:46 PM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
He called the one-year deal for Rask.
Given the circumstances, a predictable outcome.

Old
06-30-2012, 03:57 PM
gvkmedia
Preaching B's hockey

Is not Jay only awful in relation to his contract? Would he not be a solid 2nd pairing defenseman on a great defensive team such as ours? I think taking Tim Thomas' contract and throwing in a prospect (like Caron) is not that bad of a deal.

I do admit that I haven't seen him play very much so I could be way of base but I just think there's alot of raw talent that can't be ignored or suddenly gone.

Old
06-30-2012, 04:00 PM
MattFromFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
It's an Eklund rumor, nuff said. Mr Eklund has been improving markedly over the last year but it's...........Eklund.....Eklund.
^This.

Old
06-30-2012, 04:06 PM
XtremeofParanoia

His albatross of a contract should keep any return headed to Calgary relatively low. But he still has an albatross of a contract...

Old
06-30-2012, 04:15 PM
mashmont

ekh do not want.. wouldnt even want for Thomas Straight up.

Old
06-30-2012, 04:23 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
277k under the cap and they are going to trade for a 6.6 million dollar bust...
Don't mean to be a jerk but I do not want Jay B. on the Bruins. He's certainly been a bust in Calgary. The idea of giving up much for him, let alone Z & a first round pick, is laughable.

See?

PS: SHULTZ TO THE OIL

Old
06-30-2012, 04:26 PM
thepootamis

to be fair if the Bruins want a big defensemen with a great shot then why not go get Souray. He would only cost 2-3 mil and i would still save money for a run to get a forward for the 3rd line

Old
06-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Schalkenullvier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvkmedia View Post
Is not Jay only awful in relation to his contract? Would he not be a solid 2nd pairing defenseman on a great defensive team such as ours? I think taking Tim Thomas' contract and throwing in a prospect (like Caron) is not that bad of a deal.

I do admit that I haven't seen him play very much so I could be way of base but I just think there's alot of raw talent that can't be ignored or suddenly gone.
Yes. Jay-bo is very underrated around here, because people only look at the contract and have a strange hate to anyone that doesn't go around to slam people into the boards. Bashing him seems like the cool thing to do now.

In reality, Bouwmeester would help the Bruins tremendously. Albeit overpaid (by about 1,5 million), he's still a workhorse and a legit top pairing defenseman. He seems to have left his offensive touch in Florida, but still he's a smooth skater that helps the breakout. He'd become our 2nd best D-man and we'd have 3 workhorses (Z, Seids and him) that are capable of playing 30 minutes in a playoff game. He'd also allow us to maybe pair Z with Seidenberg even in the regular season, because he unlike seids is able to succesfully carry a 2nd pairing.

If you compare player usage charts, you see that Jay-bo had a negative corsi-ranking (worse that Seids who was also negative, while Chara was substantially positive), but was given heavy work. Considerably tougher zone starts and QoC than Chara, and Seidenberg doesn't even compare. Plus, he had to do it playing with Butler who was in no means ready for a top pairing job on a mediocre flames squad. He's not worth his 6.6 m, but he's a very good, top pairing player.

All that said, I don't think Chia would trade for Jay-bo in light of the upcoming contract renewals for core players like Rask, Lucic or Seguin. If Chia was to spend a lot of the cap on a new Defnseman, I think it would have to one with a higher offensive upside, especially on the PP.

I probably put way too much effort into this post

Old
06-30-2012, 04:32 PM
SPLBRUIN

JB is still a really solid d-man, just not the number 1 type he was supposed to be. The guy would be a great second pairing guy for the Bruins. He is big, can carry the puck out of the defensive zone and log heavy minutes as a shutdown type of d-man, the problem is his huge contract and lack of offensive numbers. I think he would take a lot of pressure off of Chara.

Old
06-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Lord Ahriman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post

Yup! A steal!

And where did we hear about the Bruins being in talks for Bouwmeester? I haven't heard that.
It's because you didn't drink enough, MMB

Old
06-30-2012, 04:43 PM
Gee Wally
Grumpy

Awards:
We have no money.
We have no money.
We have no money.
We have no money.
We have no money.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
06-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
We have no money.
We have no money.
We have no money.
We have no money.
We have no money.
What's that you said?

Old
06-30-2012, 04:48 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

I'd take him. I am a big Wideman fan but I'd take J Bo at 6.6 over DW at 5.25.

I think since we got such a bargain in Seidenberg you can overpay J Bo hes a great 2-3. And Boychuk is 100% going the other way (unless they demand Ference back) in reality if we ship out Boychuk and LTIR Savard thats the contract and change right there.

Wonder where the Alberta OReilly Fan is? He wants Boumeester bad and is one of the most knowledgeable folks that posts on here.

I think he was the only one who thought we should sign Souray last summer but I bet now a bunch of people will claim they wanted Sheldon over Corvo too.

Old
06-30-2012, 04:58 PM
BergyWho37

Posted this earlier .......Im probably by myself on this but I much rather make a blockbuster trade then overpay for a freeagent.. Jay bo rumors going crazy and I love Iggy can we pursue these 2 ?? Whats the price tag ?? Maybe Krejci, Boychuk, Ference, Caron maybe plus ? Calgary gives 14 mill Boston gives 12 mill from what I see at Cap Geek .. Yes I mite be out to lunch but why not ?? Jay bo, Chara, Sides eat huge minutes and Iggy with segs and looch Hello... and Cap Geek is including Savards contract .. we still have 4 mill to spend yet !

Old
06-30-2012, 05:01 PM
thepootamis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyWho37 View Post
Posted this earlier .......Im probably by myself on this but I much rather make a blockbuster trade then overpay for a freeagent.. Jay bo rumors going crazy and I love Iggy can we pursue these 2 ?? Whats the price tag ?? Maybe Krejci, Boychuk, Ference, Caron maybe plus ? Calgary gives 14 mill Boston gives 12 mill from what I see at Cap Geek .. Yes I mite be out to lunch but why not ?? Jay bo, Chara, Sides eat huge minutes and Iggy with segs and looch Hello... and Cap Geek is including Savards contract .. we still have 4 mill to spend yet !
sorry but the thought of trading Krejci for Jay bo makes me wanna throw up. If Krejci were to be traded it would be for Ryan not Jay bo

Old
06-30-2012, 05:04 PM
Shaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
We have no money.
We have no money.
We have no money.
We have no money.
We have no money.
not until tomorrow. but if chiarelli uses it on Bouwmeester I might cry.

Old
06-30-2012, 05:04 PM
LyricalLyricist

Jaybo is not that bad, thing is, he's not worth the contract. Still a legit top 3 d-man on any team. Would actually be sick with Chara but again, overpaid.

Old
06-30-2012, 05:06 PM
BergyWho37

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepootamis View Post
sorry but the thought of trading Krejci for Jay bo makes me wanna throw up. If Krejci were to be traded it would be for Ryan not Jay bo
Iggy scores dude and brings leadership that Recchi has ..

Closed Thread