HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL Part 5: FA Days of...Waiting on Parise/Suter

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4 View Post
There go any of the Jokinen fears.

Quote:
I wonder if Jokinen signing has any impact on Regier's future moves. Was he a backup plan? Did they have a cheap offer out to him?
I hope he wasn't even a plan at all - I still have hope that Regier has common sense and learned by now to stay away from chronic underachievers like Jokinen.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:06 PM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
Any news on Semin/Ryan?

Old
07-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal System Ehrhoff View Post
Any news on Semin/Ryan?
I highly doubt anyone goes anywhere until after Parise signs, and where trades are concerned probably not for at least a day after

No updates that I'm aware of

Old
07-02-2012, 10:12 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
did not want Olli, want Parise and Suter to make a choice soon though so all the action gets going....

Old
07-02-2012, 10:18 PM
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life

Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
It's called outbidding. You think Zenon Konopka would refuse to sign here for 1 million? Which is a $75,000 increase to what he signed for? I hate when we talk about exploring the trade market because that means we are losing assets to acquire a player when we could have signed them for free.

Instead of trading an Ennis + for Ryan, send a 10 year/ 67 million dollar offer sheet to Evander Kane who will be just as good if not better then Ryan. All that would cost us is a 1st, 2nd and 3rd. All these proposals for Ryan include a 1st so your telling me a 2nd and a 3rd is too valuable to get an Evander Kane or Jamie Benn?
Not every player values money at all costs. There's playing time, teammates, quality of life, taxes, familiarity and more I don't need to add to an already proven point.

Old
07-02-2012, 10:51 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Parise and Suter really need to stop clogging everything up....

Old
07-02-2012, 10:54 PM
playoffhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
Parise and Suter really need to stop clogging everything up....
They both end up on the Wings. Just happen already.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:06 PM
littletonhockeycoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by playoffhero View Post
They both end up on the Wings. Just happen already.
Do you really think Lamiorello is going to let Parise get away? I don't.

Nor will Poile let Suter go to the Wings.... who are further away from winning the cup now than the Preds are.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Burish to Sharks. Apparently he's Pavelski's good buddy, and some Sharks fans seem to think the move will help placate him when he's pulling third-line duty. Not a trade option anymore?

With that said, the Sharks are overflowing with centers and could use a good winger. There have to be options there.

Old
07-02-2012, 11:35 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletonhockeycoach View Post

Nor will Poile let Suter go to the Wings.... who are further away from winning the cup now than the Preds are.
Other than offering up monster contracts it isn't like they have any control. At any rate I would be more surprised if they went back to Nashville and Jersey than both of them ending up on the Wings.

Old
07-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletonhockeycoach View Post
Nor do I think Parise wants to leave; I don't think it's surprising that the re-signing of Brodeur was done before Parise made a decision.

Quote:
With that said, the Sharks are overflowing with centers and could use a good winger. There have to be options there.
Doug Wilson said exactly that when he was on NHL Live last week: he realizes he has depth at a position that most of the other teams need (center), while he wants to add wingers. Couture is an obvious untouchable and Thornton/Marleau are at a point (contract & age) where the Sharks won't get that great a return anymore. That leaves Pavelski as a logical option - if the Sharks were to deal a center.

In that same interview, Wilson described their draft pick as a player in the mold of Pavelski....does that mean they think they have a future replacement?

From a cap hit situation, career stats and ages, a deal with Pavelski and Stafford as the principals does have some merits for both teams.

Last edited by Sabretip: 07-03-2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old
07-03-2012, 01:37 AM
Luceni

Lol.

Dallas fans acting like they have traded a bunch of 4th liners ( Prady, Ott) for a crosby calibre player ( Roy).

:

Dear Dallas Fans, There is a reason why we didn't trade roy for malkin

Old
07-03-2012, 05:55 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
Lol.

Dallas fans acting like they have traded a bunch of 4th liners ( Prady, Ott) for a crosby calibre player ( Roy).

:

Kind of reminds me of Leafs fans when they signed Timmah.

Old
07-03-2012, 07:20 AM
JPurp26

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
Lol.

:

Agreed, there was a reason he was shopped for 2 years

Old
07-03-2012, 07:52 AM
buffswords

Anyone think that Parise is actually considering Buffalo?

Old
07-03-2012, 08:03 AM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffswords View Post
Wouldn't that be somethin.

Ship off one of Vanek/Pominville/Stafford for a Center

Something here leads me to believe 1 of 2 things.

A.) Darcy already has a Center lined up via trade; just needs to wait for the pieces to fall. If this is the case, I expect a top Winger + Dman here to be on their way out for a Top C.

or

B.) He's going hard after Arnott and has heard its a good possibility he comes here.

I really don't think he'd trade Roy without knowing he has another proven Center on the way. (Even if its a 3rd L C) I don't think even he wants to write Ennis as a C in permanent marker without more than Hodgson here. He talked about having a lot of centers and wanting alot of centers. Now he has 2 and McCormick. So yea... he has 2,

Old
07-03-2012, 08:15 AM
Digable5

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffswords View Post
I can't imagine they are still in it. I think most, if not all, teams made an offer. Darcy is a master of secrecy but I think it would be pretty hard for him to control it in these circumstances. If we were still being considered our name would have been mentioned by some source. TSN and others continue to have a list of teams (a list we're not on), and I can't imagine they are just making it up through their own speculation.

Aside from money and Stafford we don't appear to have anything he's looking for....elite center to play with, regular cup contender...and we can't become his hometown or the team he's played for his whole career. Makes me think its one of Pitt, Min or NJ

Suter on the other hand could be someone we're going after. We have two Dmen with only one year left on their contracts and someone speculated Ehrhoff might be part of a Nash/Ryan deal. We just paid him a big bonus I believe so his pay and cap number could be affordable for just about anyone. There is also always talk that Sekera would be a big piece in any trade. Yes we have Dmen, but we an always find room for a Suter.

Suter-Myers
Regehr-Leopold
Sulzer-Ehrhoff
Weber

The following year McNabb-Pysyk replace Regehr-Leopold.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:23 AM
Clock

Alright Suter / Parise, let's move it along.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:26 AM
Digable5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
Alright Suter / Parise, let's move it along.
They're both going to Miami after the Luongo trade and they're not going to win just one cup, not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5.....

Old
07-03-2012, 08:32 AM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digable5 View Post
I can't imagine they are still in it. I think most, if not all, teams made an offer. Darcy is a master of secrecy but I think it would be pretty hard for him to control it in these circumstances. If we were still being considered our name would have been mentioned by some source. TSN and others continue to have a list of teams (a list we're not on), and I can't imagine they are just making it up through their own speculation.

Aside from money and Stafford we don't appear to have anything he's looking for....elite center to play with, regular cup contender...and we can't become his hometown or the team he's played for his whole career. Makes me think its one of Pitt, Min or NJ

Suter on the other hand could be someone we're going after. We have two Dmen with only one year left on their contracts and someone speculated Ehrhoff might be part of a Nash/Ryan deal. We just paid him a big bonus I believe so his pay and cap number could be affordable for just about anyone. There is also always talk that Sekera would be a big piece in any trade. Yes we have Dmen, but we an always find room for a Suter.

Suter-Myers
Regehr-Leopold
Sulzer-Ehrhoff
Weber

The following year McNabb-Pysyk replace Regehr-Leopold.
Hoff has a modified NTC so I doubt Columbus would be 1 of the teams he'd accept a trade to.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:35 AM
Digable5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerFan1 View Post
Hoff has a modified NTC so I doubt Columbus would be 1 of the teams he'd accept a trade to.
Someone, maybe the same person, speculated that it was a three way deal with Anaheim which maybe he'd like. I'm not interested in trading him, I'm just saying its a possibility I guess. More likely that its Sekera.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:37 AM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Someone, maybe the same person, speculated that it was a three way deal with Anaheim which maybe he'd like. I'm not interested in trading him, I'm just saying its a possibility I guess. More likely that its Sekera.
Yea I agree. I was just pointing that out.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:41 AM
Selanne00008

Quote:
That was the rumor from the WGR call in right?

Not sure if its the same thing, but someone called up who had a personal contact of some kind. It seemed very far fetched ANA CLB and us in a 3 way deal that included Nash Ryan and Ehroff. I just shook my head when I heard it.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Digable5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerFan1 View Post
Yea I agree. I was just pointing that out.
And its a good point, but its also probably a moot point because he's likely not available. Do we re-up Sulzer if we are planning to trade him? It also wouldn't look very good to trade him the year after we got him. Although, most people would understand if we moved Leino.

Old
07-03-2012, 08:44 AM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
And its a good point, but its also probably a moot point because he's likely not available. Do we re-up Sulzer if we are planning to trade him? It also wouldn't look very good to trade him the year after we got him. Although, most people would understand if we moved Leino.
Yea I know. Although, it could be another way around the system.

Get a guy, pay him an ass ton of money and then ship him off. Kinda like basketball allowing teams to trade cash for players.

Closed Thread