HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

cchl 2012-2013 season

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-26-2012, 06:31 AM
  #226
StephenMac
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuck View Post
Why are you annoyed? The season doesn't start for another month and a half relax Brockville will be Ok this year.
I think the coaching staff "tweeted" a few of their signings. although they are local ones. This was the practice of the same team last year. It is a pedagogical principle know as "progressive disclosure". Sit back, relax and enjoy!

StephenMac is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 08:39 AM
  #227
hockeytown12
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
junior sens goaltending

does anyone know the junior senators goaltending situation?

hockeytown12 is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 08:42 AM
  #228
ZebraCritic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenMac View Post
I think the coaching staff "tweeted" a few of their signings. although they are local ones. This was the practice of the same team last year. It is a pedagogical principle know as "progressive disclosure". Sit back, relax and enjoy!
Call it what you want, but toughguy does have a point....Brockville (and Hawkins to be more exact) makes a habit of giving teasers of information, only to have nothing happen. This usually means exactly that....nothing is happening! The majority of other teams in the league have people that tweet for them or in the case of PLK, SK does himself when things are happenng. Case in point is the trade that just went down between PLK and Cumb. SK tweeted a few hours before it happened that things were in the works and then poof, there was a trade.....Not a week or 2 later, or in Hawkins case most time nothing of significance happens at all, but minor deals.

The only other person that does this in the league with regularity is Henderson from the Hawks....he to will give out teasers of info...the only diff is he actually does make a splash and is insightful in the process....Hawkins, although I don't know him personally, I have heard enough about him to know he comes across as a guy trying to impress using big words, usually in the wrong context, and might be in slightly over his head in the position he has. Just my opinion, but there seems to be some history of it if you follow him on twitter long enough.

ZebraCritic is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 08:44 AM
  #229
ZebraCritic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeytown12 View Post
does anyone know the junior senators goaltending situation?
The last thing that was posted on here, was that they were content with having Millen start the year between the pipes...but that was a month or so ago...If you are a fan of the team, for your sake I hope they have come up with a better game plan than that!

ZebraCritic is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 08:49 AM
  #230
Ottawa Guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZebraCritic View Post
Call it what you want, but toughguy does have a point....Brockville (and Hawkins to be more exact) makes a habit of giving teasers of information, only to have nothing happen. This usually means exactly that....nothing is happening! The majority of other teams in the league have people that tweet for them or in the case of PLK, SK does himself when things are happenng. Case in point is the trade that just went down between PLK and Cumb. SK tweeted a few hours before it happened that things were in the works and then poof, there was a trade.....Not a week or 2 later, or in Hawkins case most time nothing of significance happens at all, but minor deals.

The only other person that does this in the league with regularity is Henderson from the Hawks....he to will give out teasers of info...the only diff is he actually does make a splash and is insightful in the process....Hawkins, although I don't know him personally, I have heard enough about him to know he comes across as a guy trying to impress using big words, usually in the wrong context, and might be in slightly over his head in the position he has. Just my opinion, but there seems to be some history of it if you follow him on twitter long enough.
So far the info released by Braves is not all that exciting, 2 16 year olds and a couple of local 17 year olds signed.

Teams do have to be careful with timing of when they release info but IMO after they have their main summer camp where players get signed that info should be disclosed. Cumberland, Cornwall and Kemptville have been pretty good at disclosing info also. Grads via twitter, Colts via their local newspaper and 73's on their website.

Ottawa Guy is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 10:16 AM
  #231
CoasttoCoast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnucks View Post
Do you think he'ed be able to be a top 2 line guy in junior a next year?
Someday...I think he will be a top 6 forward in this league, just not this year as a 17yr. old. I like Kruse alot, speed, skill, scoring, big enough. Remember this is not the O. You don't have to be big and physical, just look at Nepean & Cornwalls key forwards last year.

The talk I heard when Connor Currie left Kanata Jr.A to play Major Midget, was that Mom and Dad made him "Academically Ineligible", he screwed up at school.

As far as Major Midget AAA being bush league, Iv'e seen worse. There is a big difference between the have and the have nots at Major Midget. This leads to some chippy games, but if you see the 67 AAA play one of the strong Prep school teams, some good players and good hockey.

IMO

CoasttoCoast is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 11:12 AM
  #232
BackBringCam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Kemptville
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyshack View Post
Perhaps you are right. And it appears they are seriously looking at a 6 ft 1" 200 lb. 1995 [back up] goalie too. Lots of youth and size on the new look Colts.

I wonder who that is?

BackBringCam is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 11:44 AM
  #233
MacM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackBringCam View Post
I wonder who that is?
If I was a young goalie I would be looking at who is in front of me, and the track record of the team to see if the backup actually plays. More than one 16 year old goalie prospect in this league has sat for 2 years, played very little - and never progressed. I would suggest a young guy would be better off in Jr B where he may challenge as a starter instead of sitting behind a guy who will play almost every game. Cornwall was even starting Hafner against the bottom teams last year even at the end of the season.

MacM is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 12:48 PM
  #234
PG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 190
vCash: 500
Competition @ Forward

In the opinion of those close to the league, which teams will have the greatest number of spots up for competition at forward (during training camp)?

PG is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 02:00 PM
  #235
voiceofytown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 274
vCash: 500
Ian Henderson ‏@Hawks_JrA_GM
@hawkesburyhawks will have a few announcements by the end of the week. Time to start getting the fans excited. Camp opens August 20!

Retweeted by Hawkesbury Hawks

voiceofytown is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 09:01 PM
  #236
CHLFan6
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7
vCash: 500
Currie and Kruse had dominated midget. It will be interesting to seem them together if Currie doesn't stick with a Q team

CHLFan6 is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 10:08 PM
  #237
Ottawa Guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLFan6 View Post
Currie and Kruse had dominated midget. It will be interesting to seem them together if Currie doesn't stick with a Q team
Not sure I would describe as "dominant", they were a couple of the stronger players though. Mj Mid to Jr A is a huge jump.

Ottawa Guy is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 02:11 AM
  #238
eddyshack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Eastern Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacM View Post
If I was a young goalie I would be looking at who is in front of me, and the track record of the team to see if the backup actually plays. More than one 16 year old goalie prospect in this league has sat for 2 years, played very little - and never progressed. I would suggest a young guy would be better off in Jr B where he may challenge as a starter instead of sitting behind a guy who will play almost every game. Cornwall was even starting Hafner against the bottom teams last year even at the end of the season.
Finally, someone making sense. You are right. Playing back-up to Hafner would be a challenge. However, Hafner would be an amazing mentor to any young goalie. The team practises every day.

Jr B is a great place for a young goalie. Lots of shots from everywhere where quality D is an issue.

Coach MacInnis picks his # 1 guy and rides him until the very end.

There is an upside, the back-up should play 25% of the regular season games against teams like Gloucester, Cumberland and others. 15 games would be reasonable plus a lot of practise and the Jr. A experience is important to develop.

Many people are making assumptions, that the back-up position in Cornwall is finalized. It is not. Probably at their August 20 camp.

Their current goalie draft pick and leading back-up contender may be at St John at the Sea Dogs camp in August according to his former Jr B coach and Sea Dog scout. Many things can happen.


Last edited by eddyshack: 07-27-2012 at 02:25 AM.
eddyshack is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 07:36 AM
  #239
BackBringCam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Kemptville
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyshack View Post
Their current goalie draft pick and leading back-up contender may be at St John at the Sea Dogs camp in August according to his former Jr B coach and Sea Dog scout. Many things can happen.



What's his name?

BackBringCam is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 09:07 AM
  #240
BackBringCam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Kemptville
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
I guess we are talking about Matt Bougie (scout, Jr B coach), Alexandia Glens?

Assuming the "unnamed" backup is Jamie Edwardson?

Any relation?

BackBringCam is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 09:13 AM
  #241
Ottawa Guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
From MHL website:

Summerside/Kemptville

Jul 27th, 2012

Summerside obtains the rights to Travis Wilkins from Kemptville (CCHL) for future considerations.

It looks like Kemptville is going with Brindamour and Cooper in net. Summerside hosts the RBC this year, nice place for a 20 year old goalie to go, hopefully he is able to take advantage of the opportunity.

Ottawa Guy is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 09:58 AM
  #242
valleydude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
From MHL website:

Summerside/Kemptville

Jul 27th, 2012

Summerside obtains the rights to Travis Wilkins from Kemptville (CCHL) for future considerations.

It looks like Kemptville is going with Brindamour and Cooper in net. Summerside hosts the RBC this year, nice place for a 20 year old goalie to go, hopefully he is able to take advantage of the opportunity.
I know it's been discussed, but you still have to believe there is a chance it will be Jacob Tugnutt in nets for the 73's....

valleydude is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 10:14 AM
  #243
ottawafan66
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitans View Post
I know it's been discussed, but you still have to believe there is a chance it will be Jacob Tugnutt in nets for the 73's....
My thoughts also. Unless he really stinks it up at camp.

ottawafan66 is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 11:03 AM
  #244
Ottawa Guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
My thoughts also. Unless he really stinks it up at camp.
My sources say that Tugnutt has not attended either of the 73's previous two camps and is currently property of St Thomas and was at their recent camp. At this point you are jumping to a conclusion, only time will tell whether or not it happens. If not this season possibly in the future.

Ottawa Guy is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 02:08 PM
  #245
toughguy73
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
Braves

For once Hawkins may actually have some big news.
From some whispers, it seems that the Braves actually have some pretty good signings in the wind- big kids, alot of south of the border kids, and a goalie that looks pretty sharp from out east. Alot of unsubstantiated talk.
Hopefully somethings will be revealed and confirmed. Might be a good year for them after all.

toughguy73 is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 04:27 PM
  #246
oldnucks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLFan6 View Post
Currie and Kruse had dominated midget. It will be interesting to seem them together if Currie doesn't stick with a Q team
what Q team? the kid got cut from kanata, nothing to do with academics. can't see this being a possibility.

oldnucks is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 05:16 PM
  #247
CreaseCrawler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
My sources say that Tugnutt has not attended either of the 73's previous two camps and is currently property of St Thomas and was at their recent camp. At this point you are jumping to a conclusion, only time will tell whether or not it happens. If not this season possibly in the future.
OttawaGuy...I'm not sure about the rookie camp, but I can confirm that young Tugnutt was indeed at the main camp in July. He was on Team White and based on his play, it would be an uncomfortable situation for all concerned if he played with this team. Everything I've heard of his father though, seems that he wouldn't put his kid on the team unless he absolutely deserved it, which doesn't appear to be the case.

CreaseCrawler is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 05:17 PM
  #248
voiceofytown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 274
vCash: 500
Hawksberry Hawks add shane topf and Darius tahbazian

http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=101491
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=93821

voiceofytown is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 06:07 PM
  #249
Ottawa Guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreaseCrawler View Post
OttawaGuy...I'm not sure about the rookie camp, but I can confirm that young Tugnutt was indeed at the main camp in July. He was on Team White and based on his play, it would be an uncomfortable situation for all concerned if he played with this team. Everything I've heard of his father though, seems that he wouldn't put his kid on the team unless he absolutely deserved it, which doesn't appear to be the case.
We were talking about the goalie, Jacob, who was not there.....the skater Matt was at the camp.

Ottawa Guy is offline  
Old
07-27-2012, 06:20 PM
  #250
CreaseCrawler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 7
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
We were talking about the goalie, Jacob, who was not there.....the skater Matt was at the camp.
Ottawa Guy....Matt was at the camp....as was Jacob...like I said...played for Team White...wearing green/gold/white pads/blocker trapper. I personally saw him. I don't know if he was at the rookie camp, but he was definitely at the main camp.

CreaseCrawler is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.