HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

cchl 2012-2013 season

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2012, 06:48 PM
Ottawa Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreaseCrawler View Post
Ottawa Guy....Matt was at the camp....as was Jacob...like I said...played for Team White...wearing green/gold/white pads/blocker trapper. I personally saw him. I don't know if he was at the rookie camp, but he was definitely at the main camp.
That is funny because I was speaking to PM, BT and TN at the camp and they told me he was not there....I think they would know. I believe goalie you are referring to was Brett Ayers wearing his Metcalfe colours.

Old
07-28-2012, 09:06 AM
CreaseCrawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Guy View Post
That is funny because I was speaking to PM, BT and TN at the camp and they told me he was not there....I think they would know. I believe goalie you are referring to was Brett Ayers wearing his Metcalfe colours.
Colour me corrected then...this must be a little like what Brian Burke feels like during the playoffs.... :s

Old
07-28-2012, 11:13 AM
hockeynut12

Has Brent Norris decommitted from the NCAA program (can't remember what school) he was committed to? He is no longer listed under the "College Commitment" section on the CCHL website as they have removed all of last years commits.

A mistake perhaps?

Old
07-28-2012, 12:40 PM
CHLFan6
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnucks View Post
what Q team? the kid got cut from kanata, nothing to do with academics. can't see this being a possibility.
The kid was an ohl draft pick and transferred his rights to the Q. He was never cut he had asked for a release from Kanata

Old
07-28-2012, 01:17 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLFan6 View Post
The kid was an ohl draft pick and transferred his rights to the Q. He was never cut he had asked for a release from Kanata
I don't think you can just "transfer your rights" to the Q. Otherwise, lots of players would be doing it. I think he'd have to be placed on waivers first and if every OHL team passed, then he could go to the Q. But I may be wrong.

Old
07-28-2012, 02:02 PM
oldnucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLFan6 View Post
He was a last round draft due to parental ties with that team, and he asked to be released by kanata cause they didnt play him im first 2 weeks of season

Old
07-28-2012, 03:38 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
I don't think you can just "transfer your rights" to the Q. Otherwise, lots of players would be doing it. I think he'd have to be placed on waivers first and if every OHL team passed, then he could go to the Q. But I may be wrong.
You are right. There is no transfering of prospect rights between leagues.

Old
07-28-2012, 05:22 PM
Ottawa Guy

From 73's Website

Quote:
The Summerside Western Capitals have acquired the rights to the 73's 2011-12 starting goalie Travis Wilkins. Following the acquisition of goaltender Dylan Brind'amour from the Nepean Raiders and signing of highly sought after Billy Cooper out of prestigious Stanstead College, it allowed the 73's to give Wilkin's an opportunity to both move closer to home and battle for a starting job with the 2013 Royal Bank Cup hosting Capitals.

Link to release.

Last edited by Ottawa Guy: 07-30-2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: found the link and added
Old
07-28-2012, 07:03 PM
CHLFan6
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnucks View Post
He was a last round draft due to parental ties with that team, and he asked to be released by kanata cause they didnt play him im first 2 weeks of season
Parental ties? You seem pretty confident in these crazy assumptions

Old
07-28-2012, 07:15 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
and the 73's signing of highly sought after Billy Cooper out of prestigious Stanstead College.
Well Ottawa Guy you have some explaining to do. You are usually the voice of reason and have your facts right.

How can Billy Cooper of prestigious Stanstead College be sought after, according to Pointstreak he did not play a game last year due to injury ?

I also still don't understand their league...13 league games ? Perhaps they play a great number of tournaments.

Teacher...please explain to your students.

Last edited by eddyshack: 07-28-2012 at 07:22 PM.
Old
07-28-2012, 07:26 PM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyshack View Post
Well Ottawa Guy you have some explaining to do. You are usually the voice of reason and have your facts right.

How can Billy Cooper of prestigious Stanstead College be sought after, according to Pointstreak he did not play a game last year due to injury ?

I also still don't understand their league...13 league games ? Perhaps they play a great number of tournaments.

That was a quote from Kemptville site, but my understanding is that he was sought after by several of the higher profile teams in the league. I understand he was Stanstead's "starter" but had an injury filled season, Kemptville getting him was a surprise. Prep schools generally have a short league season but play a lot of tournament or showcase events. Personally I am looking forward to watching a 6'4" goalie, coming from a high profile prep school I am guessing he will be pretty good.

Old
07-28-2012, 07:42 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
That was a quote from Kemptville site, but my understanding is that he was sought after by several of the higher profile teams in the league. I understand he was Stanstead's "starter" but had an injury filled season, Kemptville getting him was a surprise. Prep schools generally have a short league season but play a lot of tournament or showcase events. Personally I am looking forward to watching a 6'4" goalie, coming from a high profile prep school I am guessing he will be pretty good.
If you are going to "plagerise", make sure the facts are correct. [Lol]. Injury filled season is an understatement. It appears he did not play a game. It will be interesting.

My take on goalies... there is an optimum height of 6 ft 1" to 6 ft 3". There was only one goalie in the last NHL draft less than 6 ft and I believe none the previous year.

However, it appears goalies taller than 6 ft 3" are not as athletic and there is something lost. They do not necessarily cover more net.

But that is an opinion and not a fact.

Old
07-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Ottawa Guy

Title says "From Kemptville Website" so it is not plagerizing....if you are reading it on a mobile device HFBoards does not show the titles for some reason unless you switch to desktop version at the bottom of the page.

Old
07-28-2012, 07:51 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
Title says "From Kemptville Website" so it is not plagerizing....if you are reading it on a mobile device HFBoards does not show the titles for some reason.
Once again, your facts are right and on the money. I apologize for doubting the wizard.

I am reading from a Blackberry and there are no titles. You remain the hockey authority and this one we blame on HF Boards !

Last edited by eddyshack: 07-29-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Old
07-30-2012, 01:23 PM
wrister82

Quote:

It would depend on the Prep School and where the are located but school like Stanstead would play in the Mid West Prep league which has two divisions then play a large number of tournaments and showcases. They would most likely play between 50 and 60 games between the first of November and mid March

Old
07-30-2012, 04:28 PM
ohlman22

I know this isnt cchl .. but in the ojhl a big story is Newmarket Hurricanes got Brandon francisco back from the kitchener rangers, that gives them a game breaker , improves there team a lot

Old
07-30-2012, 05:04 PM
hockeynut12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohlman22 View Post
I know this isnt cchl .. but in the ojhl a big story is Newmarket Hurricanes got Brandon francisco back from the kitchener rangers, that gives them a game breaker , improves there team a lot
He had 15 pts in the "O" last year. How is that a big story and how is he a game breaker?

Old
07-30-2012, 05:42 PM
overtheboards

Quote:
i know this isnt cchl .. But in the ojhl a big story is newmarket hurricanes got brandon francisco back from the kitchener rangers, that gives them a game breaker , improves there team a lot
who ?

Old
07-30-2012, 06:03 PM
eddyshack

Quote:
Perhaps it was a quiet news day in the O.

It is very likely any team in the CCHL would welcome Brandon Fransico.

Game changer ? I dunno but I am sure Ottawa Guy will tell us.

Last edited by eddyshack: 07-30-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old
07-30-2012, 06:19 PM
BadgerKnight

OHL back to Junior A

In an earlier posting, it has been commented on the acquisition by an OJHL team of a former OHL player. On a Kingston Frontenacs discussion forum, it has been commented on the status of players. Some of the players being mentioned on the bubble include former CCHL player such J. Nevins; A, Lloyd & J. Dupuy. Please, I am not suggesting or wanting these players to return though I do want them to have all the success they can obtain.

What is their status if an OHL player opts to return to Junior A? Are their rights still held by the CCHL team before they departed to the OHL (some players left a couple of years ago)? Could a Royal Bank Cup host solicit the players if the players have a free agent status?

Old
07-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:

I have never seen him play so I can not comment, but most players that return from OHL are pretty good provided they are interested in being here.

Last edited by Ottawa Guy: 07-30-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old
07-30-2012, 08:17 PM
ottawafan66

Quote:

The guy's played almost 200 games in the O. Would be a top 6 player on any team in this league.

Old
07-31-2012, 07:25 AM
ottawafan66

CP Signs Another American

From CP's website:

The Canadians are pleased to announce the acquisition of Alex Globke from the Port Huron Fighting Falcons of the NAHL. Globke, standing 6'2 and weighing 185lbs led his team with 42 points last season (15g, 27a) in 59 games. Born on December 10, 1993, he is a native of Waterford, MI. In exchange for Globke, the Canadians gave up a player development fee. Welcome to Carleton Place, Alex!

Old
07-31-2012, 08:05 AM
Ottawa Guy

Another Move By 73's

Certainly looks like 73's making moves this season, trying to improve:

http://cchlkemptville.pointstreaksites.com/view/cchlkemptville/news-424/news_52778

They have added Shane Snow, defense from Blind River.

Old
07-31-2012, 08:15 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Certainly looks like 73's making moves this season, trying to improve:

http://cchlkemptville.pointstreaksites.com/view/cchlkemptville/news-424/news_52778

They have added Shane Snow, defense from Blind River.
But is adding a smallish 17 year old D really an improvement? Maybe for the future but certainly not for this season.

Closed Thread